AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-05-31, 16:46   Link #21
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utter_iMADNESS View Post
Here's an extensive list of the changes in Service Pack 3: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946480/
There's also a forum on the Microsoft website which may help with some problems: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...2010&SiteID=17
Too many fixes to be able to read them all.
Old 2008-05-31, 16:57   Link #22
noin
Kaizoku

Send a message via MSN to noin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Too many fixes to be able to read them all.
In summary, besides the prior released hotfixes, there are a number of other life-improving fixes exclusive to SP3 in it as well
noin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 18:08   Link #23
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by noin View Post
In summary, besides the prior released hotfixes, there are a number of other life-improving fixes exclusive to SP3 in it as well
Do u have a list ?
Old 2008-06-01, 03:51   Link #24
noin
Kaizoku

Send a message via MSN to noin
Quote:
Do u have a list ?
Nothing too major.
http://www.winsupersite.com/faq/xp_sp3.asp -> Q: What are these new features I keep hearing about?

Other than that just some annoying bugs and glitches fixed around explorer and elsewhere too. If you've got an Intel machine, it should go smooth so I see no reason why not do it ^_^
noin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 00:29   Link #25
Tiberium Wolf

BTW, I got BW limitation for now sooo...

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...86fre_spcd.iso

... is the link above the SP3 ?
Old 2008-06-22, 11:39   Link #26
SkyFuser
HijackThis Junior

I installed it and then I uninstalled it. Considering my system files were sort of corrupt (and Fry's took away the installation discs....) it was a VERY bad idea to get SP3.
If you're worried about how SP3 will work on your computer, VMware is an excellent virtual machine to test it.
And from the article here HP with AMD processors (Intel-based ones too?) are affected. Gives me moar angst, considering I use an HP with an AMD processor. I'm surprised with system file corruption and the right requirements for a trashed SP3 computer my computer handled it surprisingly well.
And Tiberium Wolf, yes that's the right link for a SP3, find the details page here.
SkyFuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 15:26   Link #27
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
The problem seems to be intermitent, yet related to several factors. One obvious factor is HP manufactured computers.

I installed SP3 on a client's custom built Pentium 4 computer and it refused to boot Windows completely after restart. Instead, it would load to a certain point of system files, then reboot the computer...and repeat the process again. I ended up having to write over the system files with an SP2 CD. This makes me wonder if it's not just computers with AMD processors that are affected, but ones with older processors as well.

I personally don't plan to install SP3 on any of my computers until I'm absolutely certain that my computers won't suffer the same fate my client's did.

Hopefully Microsoft irons out the kinks to SP3. If not, this will merely reinforce my impression of Microsoft that they're forcing consumers to spend unnecessary amounts of money just so the computers would meet Microsoft's "criteria."
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 18:26   Link #28
jpwong

Second time I installed SP3 I had no issues, except that the installer must have messed with a few registry keys since drag and drop mysteriously stopped working until I figured out what key got deleted.
Old 2008-06-23, 12:14   Link #29
Tiberium Wolf

OK... I installed it. No problems at all.

BTW, I got the winxp with sp2. Is there a way to get like all updates till the sp3 and have them all installed in 1 go? If you happen to do a clean installed having MS update searching for the all the updates till sp3 you are going to waste a lot of time and BW.
Old 2008-06-23, 12:48   Link #30
cyberbeing

Quote:
OK... I installed it. No problems at all.

BTW, I got the winxp with sp2. Is there a way to get like all updates till the sp3 and have them all installed in 1 go? If you happen to do a clean installed having MS update searching for the all the updates till sp3 you are going to waste a lot of time and BW.
You shouldn't need to install any updates before SP3 because it includes every update since SP2 up to the point where it was released as well as all the SP1 and SP2 updates. Once you do a clean install of XP SP2 just install SP3 straight away before you download anything from windows update.

You could always make yourself a WinXP SP3 slipstream to make re-installs easier in the future.
Option 1: Use NLite http://www.nliteos.com/
Option 2: Follow the guide here http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase...slipstream.asp

Tags
service pack, service pack 3, sp3, windows