AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-26, 19:42   Link #1921
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Wait...you're missing the last 10% there...
The last 10% are either here or in PTR testing.

Quote:
Alright, for just 10 gold you can achieve the rank of Artisan Lurker!

*runs*
I see what you did thar.

Quote:
True...Belka doesn't really have many options other than "power up and charge." Aside from the odd variant, it's fairly limited.
That's the Troop methos of combat. Allows you to minimally train hordes to throw at the enemy. Of course due to their lack of numbers Belka also try to increase troop durability.

Like higher level Midchilda troops, the more elite or veteran, the more versatile.

Quote:
So Erio = Enhancement Shaman?

*runs fast*
FIXED.

Quote:
*points to Isle of Quel'Danas*

There ya go, Kha. Doesn't get any more IRRITATING than that.
Fixed because I'm on a pvp server sorely outnumbered by Horde, and most of LFG is nub hence making Magister's Terrace hard. Never had trouble with guild runs, but guild rarely bothers about 5 mans, only coming online late to raid 10 to 25mans.

Quote:
And now, if you'll excuse me, Outland calls.

*steps through Dark Portal*
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!!!"

Khathecleric is 30 levels away, and pondering whether to level or not, since the next patch brings the mount limit down to 30 and training cheaper.
Old 2008-06-26, 20:48   Link #1922
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

<.<

>.>

*Drops package and runs*

Spoiler for HQ Attack Details:

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 20:56   Link #1923
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

*purges Comar in holy fire for killing the opposite set of Numbers*

At least in that timeline, Kha's then never gonna find out they were really his sisters...
Old 2008-06-26, 21:00   Link #1924
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Meh, there's way too many of them for them to be anything other than stock filler characters in this series; Cinque's the only one I like enough to keep around, and there's too many characters to keep track of in this series as it is; you can't have all of them survive to turn into the good guys.

Besides, I put that "optional" marker there for a reason. If I can come up with a way to kill off the Numbers that won't seem quite so contrived, I'll use that method instead.

...though it'd be a lot easier if the bureau didn't seem to have a little problem with the usage of lethal force...

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-06-26, 21:27   Link #1925
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Well, if you need more firepower on the bureau side, I suppose I could port over Barghest for you to use... Hector's pretty gar (in canon, he was a Type-S device tester, although it's never confirmed one way or another if he still has one installed), there's Darril, and Walter...

Now that I think about it, Walter is one of the few mecha pratagonists who actually manages to settle down, have kids, get married, and progress further than the rank of Captain due to skills and hard work (at the time of the FM5 epilogue, he's a Colonel and the Fort Monus base commander).

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 21:32   Link #1926
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Which was why I managed to kill the opposite set of Numbers + Jail + several villain OCs off without looking contrived...

Of course, "killing them off" on screen doesn't mean they stay dead.

*whacks Comar for being lazy to track the humongous cast. Try doing canon + OCs!!!*

If you want to kill them, best way is to have them battle OCs directly. In fact, bring in the OFM and they're dead before they know it. Excellent kill teams Goose has made.
Old 2008-06-26, 21:34   Link #1927
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Heh. No, that's okay Goose, the bureau has things more or less covered between the Church Knights and the Aces, especially if Sette and Tre never get around to slaughtering the Air Force reinforcements. Sonic Drive Fate and Exceed Mode Nanoha are going to have a field day in this fight scene, never mind all the de-shafting Hayate and Zafira are going to get. If anything, I'm more worried about the Cyborgs being able to pose a threat for very long after the Aces get serious.

*EDIT*
Ooooh, I've even got the perfect song for the Theme Music Power Up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKm-EQLVHU4

How the heck do you get a youtube window open in this forum anyways?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-06-26, 22:29   Link #1928
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
If we teach you, you have to promise to stick it in spoiler tags so those who whine about it screwing up their windows won't have a reason to whine.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 23:21   Link #1929
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Heh. No, that's okay Goose, the bureau has things more or less covered between the Church Knights and the Aces, especially if Sette and Tre never get around to slaughtering the Air Force reinforcements. Sonic Drive Fate and Exceed Mode Nanoha are going to have a field day in this fight scene, never mind all the de-shafting Hayate and Zafira are going to get. If anything, I'm more worried about the Cyborgs being able to pose a threat for very long after the Aces get serious.
I'm actually doubtful the Church Knights would be deployed, given the fact that their loyalty is to the Saint Church, rather than the TSAB proper. Also, as I recall, the reinforcements that Tre and Sette slaughtered were Ground Forces Air Division - basically if Air Force are fighters, GF Air Division are attack choppers. Or were those the fliers who were attacking the Cradle? Garh. Need to rewatch.

Quote:
Ooooh, I've even got the perfect song for the Theme Music Power Up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKm-EQLVHU4

How the heck do you get a youtube window open in this forum anyways?
[ youtube ] iKm-EQLVHU4 [/ youtube ], and SPOILER IT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
If you want to kill them, best way is to have them battle OCs directly. In fact, bring in the OFM and they're dead before they know it. Excellent kill teams Goose has made.
Pretty much. That is what special forces do, afterall: killing people, and being very good at it.

Hell, in TF6, we're going to have sniper on sniper action: Ivanovich vs Dieci. Let's just say that it's an easy shot for Ivanovich and leave it at that.

And don't forget that the best person to kill cyborgs... is a demon...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-06-26, 23:35   Link #1930
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Canon check the following, please.

Spoiler for Report:
Nice Set of weapons there

Now if only i can complete my "Key Devices"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazenoyuuchi View Post
Also, I shall be joining your OC community. It is nice to meet everybody.
another Victim newcomer...

Quote:
*Hands kaze a t-shirt with "Nano/Fate Forever!" stamped across the front*
*sees Comar being smited by the Elite members of the AX and being gunned with the Tannhauser*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Except yaoi, but then who in their right minds accepts yaoi?
Fangirls?

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
This is a crackish idea I have thought up. It is not particularly well written but Aaron008R persuaded me that you guys should have a look.
Spoiler for Prologue or Madness:
Thoughts?
So it has begun ne?

i wanted to post something here as well but i'm too hungry atm...

might edit or do another post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I know the feeling, your mind is swarming with ideas, but working on the drive to actually write them down is a different story.

Though I've been struck by a wave of inspiration lately. Here is a first design of Syn's Bow Device Hellskor:

Spoiler:

I'm quite pleased with the results. It has a bit of a Levantine feel to it, I'll admit, but that is intentional, with Mid lacking of examples to draw from they based it around Levantine. It still has a feel of its own.
Noted about the design.

I was about to post here a suggestion for another Bow but meh- it's up to you to use it or not, i'll just post away.

Spoiler for Proposed Bow Design:

Quote:
Swords are the most popular choice of weaponry, with polearm and spear weapons comming in second. Gun devices are also pretty popular, possibly rivaling if not surpassing the polearm weaponry, and I do recall seeing a couple of staff users around, but those were usually jeweled caster staffs. Beyond that we have one or two bows, katars and other fist weapons, I remember Kha once had a tower shield in one of his earlier versions, knives, glaives, kusari-gama, and probably a few more I can't recall. Nighty even had a keyblade user.
I have the FF being used:

Handheld gattling cannon
Spears
Swords
Shields
Maces/Hammers
Staves
Gloves
Mobile Suit-ish armor
Boomerangs/similar objects
Gemstones
and Yoyos, dont forget the Yoyos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Iiiinteresting.

Should I ask for a quick informal role-call of active OCs and their weapons (or Devices)?
No Pics though

Spoiler for Saint X Productions OC list:
Old 2008-06-27, 00:36   Link #1931
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post

I have the FF being used:

Handheld gattling cannon
Spears
Swords
Shields
Maces/Hammers
Staves
Gloves
Mobile Suit-ish armor
Boomerangs/similar objects
Gemstones
and Yoyos, dont forget the Yoyos!
Hmmm... The list is missing something.

Ah... PICKAXE!

*Tigerclaw whips out the new Pickaxe Device... 'Erde Schalter' (Earth Breaker.)*

"Haha!"

*Plants the device in the ground next to him*

"Now I have a weapon that has the focus to punch through Barrier with ea-"
*IS BURIED IN A LANDSLIDE*

X_x

(Oh yeah, I forgot the device was cursed...)
Old 2008-06-27, 00:44   Link #1932
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Basically, combine SaintX's and my full list you'll get every different kind of device possible, and then some.

Which also means go forth and create! The Warp's the limit.
Old 2008-06-27, 01:49   Link #1933
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Don't forget Don's Spanner Device

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-06-27, 02:50   Link #1934
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
I plan on using enchanted cards to summon. Possible to use as weapons as well.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 03:02   Link #1935
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
Something like Gambit or the card guy in Hellsing Ultimate?
Old 2008-06-27, 03:47   Link #1936
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
  • Recovery of Vivio is TOP PRIORITY
  • Recovery of Type-Zero Combat Cyborgs is a secondary concern
Actually,top priority was pulling off the attack and getting out. Both Vivio and Type-Zero were secondary objectives, as they could also be aquired at a later date.

Quote:
Comacanon changes to HQ Attack situation:
  • Zead prepares for worst case scenario and calls in a few favors. Church Knights under Iris's command and/or Durandal are on standby at the opening of the attack.
  • Alex is cooling his heels at RF6 headquarters.
  • Zafira, as Hayate's immediate subordinate, is at the press conference
  • Hayate is free to leave the conference with Fate and Nanoha, since Zead is the one trapped in the meeting room.
Sounds good.

Quote:
Possible course of events:
  • Iris and the Church Knights delay the initial charge of the Gadgets, preventing them from blocking off HQ with an AMF field for a few minutes. The Aces go mobile during this time, rendezvous with the Forwards, and engage the Cyborgs in an epic melee outside HQ.
  • Zead convinces Regius to evacuate the tower ASAP
  • Rein and Hayate go Unison and intercept Zest and Agito, showing off Schwertkreuz's shiny new halberd form, and proceed to lay the smack down on Z&A at all ranges. She's called a Mage-Knight for a reason, fellas.
  • Vita and Signum engage Sette and Tre, while Lutecia summons multiple waves of Gadgets--including Type-IVs and several of Jail's prototype designs--and her insects to keep Nanoha, Fate, and all unengaged forces occupied. Garyuu and Hokutenou also make appearances.
  • The Forwards engage Nove and Wendi
  • Lutecia is unable to reinforce Otto and Deed for the RF6 HQ attack; her position is taken by Cein and Quattro.
  • Jail's objective for the GFHQ attack switches to a desperate holding action, trying to buy time for the other Numbers to pull off the RF6 HQ attack and make off with Vivio and her Relic. With Lutecia providing endless waves of reinforcements, this looks as if it will be successful...
  • Cinque is knocked out and captured by Ginga due to lack of support from Nove and Wendi.
  • Otto, Deed, Quattro, Cein, and their Gadget backup successfully smash up RF6 HQ despite a valiant defense by Alex and Shamal. The timely arrival of Durandal coincides with a Limiter Override code from Hermes, and the tide shifts in an instant.
  • Cein attempts to pull Vivio and her relic out of the interior of RF6 but is badly wounded by Vice and Storm Raider. She escapes with the relic, but no Vivio.
  • Quattro pulls back and leaves her "sisters" to the tender mercies of Latona and Alex after claiming Vivio's relic from Sein.
  • The battle continues to turn further and further against Jail, who psychotically refuses to believe he's been beaten until the last cyborg has fallen and his plans are completely in shambles.
  • OPTIONAL: In his psychosis, Jail tries for one last hurrah by triggering a self-destruct mechanism in the cyborgs, trying to take as many enemies out as he possibly can. Uno, Due, Tre, and Quattro fail to detonate because Jail never installed the self-destruct mechanism in them (he just "remembers" that he did, which the Original wants him to think). A faulty transmitter in Cinque's body, damaged by her fight with Ginga (she got clipped by a Vibration Shatter), renders her the only survivor of the second generation cyborgs. She'll go on to swear vengeance against her creator for slaughtering her sisters and reluctantly join up with Durandal.
  • Tre and Quattro show off bits of equipment they shouldn't have as they engage in a cross-dimension jump, heading back to the original Jail with bad news. Due assassinates the high council and jumps out. Uno offs the clone after his stunt with the detonator and ports out after hitting the lab's self-destruct button and carting off all the relics and all the research data the clone collected.
[/SPOILER]
Barring the optional self-destruct scenario, that sounds like a good scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I'm actually doubtful the Church Knights would be deployed, given the fact that their loyalty is to the Saint Church, rather than the TSAB proper.
Why would it be strange for them to deploy? The Church is allied to the Bureau, after all. Carim is even an officer in the TSAB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Noted about the design.

I was about to post here a suggestion for another Bow but meh- it's up to you to use it or not, i'll just post away.

Spoiler for Proposed Bow Design:
Hmm, I'm going to try a different design first. I'm going to try and Devicify Archerko's Carven Bow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
Like the Lieze twins?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 03:59   Link #1937
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Let's see... of the Devices that are unique... I have personally...

Phobos and Deimos: Don's twin spanner devices.

Key: Cooper's intelligent key that becomes a remote control console that looks like a steering column.

Teppes: Alexander's glasses are actually illusion magic amplifier devices.

Tekken: Admiral Mishima's Bracers.

As far as combat devices go, all forms of melee weapons are pretty much used... save maybe nunchucks.

Guns, we've got pistols and rifles. I've even got the magic equal to a shotgun for Abbigail (it's called Flanagan)

We could probably Device Form and using magic, Weaponize a variety of tools and appliances.

- Pickaxe
- Shovels/Spades (A Spade to your skull is good for a trip to the doctor.)
- Wrenches (spanners, check this one off.)
- Screwdrivers (Be a good homage to Dr. Who with it.)
- Breaker Bars (Think, thirty lb metal rod used for breaking rocks without shattering them and sending pieces everywhere. Probably be reclassified as a spear)
- Saws
- CHAINSAWS

Then household objects.

- Canes/Walking Sticks come to mind first. (Classic item, has been weaponized before.)
- Umbrellas
- Various kitchen utensils
- Bags, backpacks, hip-packs.
- Books (Not spellbooks, think Penny's Computer book from Inspector Gadget.)
- TV Remotes (Very interesting device, the guy hits mute and it really does shut you up.)
- Briefcase/Suitcase

Function determines form reallly. Who would use oddball devices?
Old 2008-06-27, 04:19   Link #1938
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
As far as combat devices go, all forms of melee weapons are pretty much used...
Oh, there is still a legion of weaponry that hasn't been used yet, or have been used only sporadically.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-06-27 at 04:45.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 04:40   Link #1939
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Oh, there is still a legion of weaponry that hasn't been used yet, or has been used only sporadically.
Yeap

Spoiler for Say "Hello" to your unused friends:
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 05:13   Link #1940
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Yeap

Spoiler for Say "Hello" to your unused friends:
Morningstars are the only real unused there...

As for Poleaxe and the variants... it's a derrivative/specialization of the axe. Bardiche is actually a type of axe in it's conventional form. (Bardiche is litterally, a Bardiche.)

Now, it would do for me to say I'm not counting individual variants of weapons, I'm counting general types of weapons.

All in all, most of what you posted are either swords, axes, or clubs. You can change the individual design styles, give them fancy names, and all that, but they're still just swords, axes, and clubs.

Now if you want my oppinion... I haven't really seen anyone using a full on SPEAR. (I'm sure you guys have some spear users running around, I just haven't payed enough attention to it.) Raising Heart does a Spear-like attack in Excellion form, but that's about all I've seen. But there's one thing to be said about a spear user... They know what they're doing, and are probably the most dangerous melee fighter on the field. With a combination of long reach, the abillity to pierce, and allowing the fighter to put their weight behind it, a decent Spear user would probably give the melee fighters a run for their money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdKiPOkh0K8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33d9_...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXQBp...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcbMc...eature=related

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content