AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-06-29, 04:26   Link #121
Ezek
This is a user title.
*Fansubber

This is great news and all, except now I have to endure the wait for both Starcraft II AND Diablo III now =(. There's not even a set release date for SCII yet, and they've been working on that for how long now?

It's going to be a painful 2+ year wait.
Ezek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 17:28   Link #122
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exertim View Post
This is great news and all, except now I have to endure the wait for both Starcraft II AND Diablo III now =(. There's not even a set release date for SCII yet, and they've been working on that for how long now?

It's going to be a painful 2+ year wait.
yea it is gonna be a painful wait but I think its totally gonna be worth it.
It just looks too good to be true.........oh god hope that ain't true!
Old 2008-06-29, 18:28   Link #123
Xacual

I'm betting we'll probably see it around summer - fall next year.

WotLK will probably be out this fall - winter. SC2 for my guess will be around this winter too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 21:50   Link #124
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I seek knowledge of time travel.
Old 2008-06-29, 23:22   Link #125
kimchipride
Geass User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
I seek knowledge of time travel.
I can give it to you.

But it will cost your SOUL!!!!
Old 2008-06-29, 23:36   Link #126
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickHopper View Post
Awesome. Seriously can't wait getting my hands on Starcraft II and Diablo III. Need something to take me away from Dota.

If Diablo III turns into a monthly fee kind of thing, there will be hell to fucking pay.
Hang on.

In the previous Diablo titles there was a single campaign that you could follow.

Does that mean it'll be multiplayer only?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 23:39   Link #127
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchipride View Post
I can give it to you.

But it will cost your SOUL!!!!
Oh C*AP, I already sold mines to the dark gods of ero-games!
Old 2008-06-29, 23:50   Link #128
kujoe
from head to heel

You also have to love that 3D isometric view. I'm glad Blizzard kept it Diablo-ish instead of going for a fully WoW-like look.

Someone should tell Bioware to make a new Baldur's Gate with this view in mind. And Fallout 3 looks interesting as well, but that whole "feels like Oblivion" thing gets to me still.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 01:01   Link #129
brocko

The graphics are abit too 'Wow inspired' for my liking to be honest... hopefully they'll be able to improve on the graphics as development on the game furthers.

But here's some extra gameplay footage of the witchdoctor for your viewing pleasures
http://www.wegame.com/watch/Diablo_3_Gameplay_6_29_08/

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Any news from the latest D3 panel earlier?
I missed out on the Lore and Art panel, but i did manage to catch the later Denizens of Diablo panel later on in the day though.

Here's a youtube of the Denizens Panel
Spoiler for for space:
I've yet to find a recording of the Lore and Art panel, but hopefully someone has recorded it and will upload it soon.
For the Lore and Art panel, it's on the gamespot site: http://www.gamespot.com/video/930659...ent-art-panel-

There are also a number of other diablo panels that have been uploaded onto youtube as well if yould like to check em out as well: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc..._date_uploaded
(if the link doesn't work then just search "wwi panel" on youtube and go "sort by date" and work your way from there.)

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2008-06-30 at 03:41.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 01:55   Link #130
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
You also have to love that 3D isometric view. I'm glad Blizzard kept it Diablo-ish instead of going for a fully WoW-like look.

Someone should tell Bioware to make a new Baldur's Gate with this view in mind. And Fallout 3 looks interesting as well, but that whole "feels like Oblivion" thing gets to me still.
I agree there.
First person view is overrated and unwieldy when you command a party of npcs/player. Diablo with first person view will not be diablo anymore.... it will be Hellgate
Old 2008-06-30, 02:15   Link #131
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

There's a lot of complaints going around that D3 doesn't seem gloomy enough. Aside from the fact that we've only seen two environments, if you make the whole game constantly gloomy, then the parts of the game that are supposed to be truly hellish just aren't going to have as big an impact. Plus you run the risk of making the whole feel of the game too monotone. It's just like making a story; you have to have periods where the mood is different.

If you make the game's environments varied, and concentrate the gloom and doom into only the areas that need it, then when those areas come around the impact will be huge thanks to the incredible contrast.
Old 2008-06-30, 02:15   Link #132
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Its a shame we won't see this game for another 2 or 3 years... this is Blizzard afterall.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 03:58   Link #133
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
There's a lot of complaints going around that D3 doesn't seem gloomy enough. Aside from the fact that we've only seen two environments, if you make the whole game constantly gloomy, then the parts of the game that are supposed to be truly hellish just aren't going to have as big an impact. Plus you run the risk of making the whole feel of the game too monotone. It's just like making a story; you have to have periods where the mood is different.

If you make the game's environments varied, and concentrate the gloom and doom into only the areas that need it, then when those areas come around the impact will be huge thanks to the incredible contrast.
I think they mentioned somewhere that they were working with certain colour palettes to determine the mood of each scenario. I have faith in them...

Anyone remember Lut Gholein? That was damn too bright, I almost had to pull out some sunnies... hahaha
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 04:13   Link #134
brocko

Quote:

In a lot of the panels and interviews that I've watched it seems like the dev team is trying to add alot more colour into the game. They're exploring the possibilities of adding colour and yet still trying to capture that horror and gothic vibe at the same time. Rather than having darkness as a colour or choice, they want it to become an emotion now.

And like you said, when they're not afraid of using colour anymore they are then able to use it to their advantage. Things are able to be emphasized better with colour, the impacts of contrast are greatly enhanced and overall a larger array of colours is just generally more visually appeasing.

Diablo's one and two were fairly monotone so when we saw the gameplay demo for D3 with the different art direction, of course it was going to feel abit uncomfortable. After all, we've been exposed to the dark and gothic monotone feel of D1 and D2 for so long that we've gotten use to it. I admit I said before that i felt the graphics may've been abit too much 'WoW inspired' for my liking, but i think I'll refrain from judgment until i actually play the game and get a feel of it's moods and atmosphere myself. Especially now after hearing the reasons for why the graphics were presented the way they were in the demo.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 04:21   Link #135
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Anyone remember Lut Gholein? That was damn too bright, I almost had to pull out some sunnies... hahaha
No wonder the claw vipers took out the sun. :3
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 05:10   Link #136
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

Yeap. That was the charm of most of diablo games, at first it seems just a dungeon crawling business then as you can deeper, it's like "zomg what the fck is dis place?????!!!! @_@"

And know what? Diablo has NO "wtf my eyez burnz" neon colored environment that kinda turned me off from WoW.
Old 2008-06-30, 05:12   Link #137
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
No wonder the claw vipers took out the sun. :3
They took out a large area of my LOS as well =_= Sneaky bastards...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 05:46   Link #138
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Well... time to reinstall Diablo II while I wait for more information on D3...
Old 2008-06-30, 05:52   Link #139
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Dark isn't scary, it's going into the first area in Diablo 1 and open the door into the Butcher's Room and doing a naked corpse run.

The only thing that really scares me in D2 was actually Duriel in Act II.
Old 2008-06-30, 07:02   Link #140
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Hmmm... it seems my LoD disc has died after all these years of inactivity... oh well, time to go buy a new one. Cheap!

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler