AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-22, 06:16   Link #1
gunn

School / College / Uni / Exams / Finals

how many off you think school is ok or crap they make you do lesons you dont like and some you like prsonaly ifucking hate school
gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 06:24   Link #2
Necrodeath

Think about how your life would be if you haven't gone to any schools, including elementary school or anything prior to that. Think about how your life would be, not knowing how to write, how to read or make simple calculations. Think about how your life would be without any of the friends you met when you were in school. Think about how your life would be if you can't get a decent job later in life. What are you going to do all day when there's no school? When you've done all that, be thankfull that there are such things as schools.
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 06:45   Link #3
gunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodeath
Think about how your life would be if you haven't gone to any schools, including elementary school or anything prior to that. Think about how your life would be, not knowing how to write, how to read or make simple calculations. Think about how your life would be without any of the friends you met when you were in school. Think about how your life would be if you can't get a decent job later in life. What are you going to do all day when there's no school? When you've done all that, be thankfull that there are such things as schools.
yes but your mam and Dad would tech you to read and right
gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 07:17   Link #4
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunn
Yes, to read and to write. Still, you would not get nearly as far without a school.

Personally, I think I skipped half the year and I'll be pretty freakn lucky if I pass. I got exams in a few weeks. I know what the consequences are, I know it's a problem.
Old 2004-04-22, 07:32   Link #5
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Quote:

And where would they learn how to read and write?

Anyhow, school is a very, very important aspect of life. I left school about 5 years ago, and when i was there i hated it and stuff. Now i look back on it as being very important, and sometimes wish id have done better (although i did quite well when i was there)

When you finish school and start working, its horrible. The responsibilities, no more lengthy school holidays, no more messing about without a care in the world. I look back and wish i was there.
CaSe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 08:11   Link #6
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
/dies/ Wow. This is one of the stupid thing I've heard. Ever.
Dear, you NEED school, or else you won't ever learn how to spell. >>;;

Quote:
Not all parents have enough time to spend that much time with their children.
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 08:29   Link #7
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Smile

Yes, school can bite the big one. but you do get alot out of it. It builds and helps develop social skills. You interact with different people and 'pending on where you go different backgrounds. Of course you get the read/write/math thing hopefully but you can pick up on other things as well. I've been in school since I was 6, currently 24, yup K-12 plus 6yrs of college. I really can't take any more but I think that I would feel a little out of place w/o it b/c this has been my life. So...suck it up...and get back to your homework!!
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 08:56   Link #8
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
how many off you think school is ok or crap they make you do lesons you dont like and some you like prsonaly ifucking hate school
Uh... It's hard to take someone asking a question about education seriously when he/she spells multiple words wrong in one sentence.

Since I've gone through middle, high and a decent amount of college I'll tell you what school is good for.

Elementary school, coordination and precision/precedures.

Middle school, Basic math and writing.

High school, social skills.

High school is a big place where you gather a bunch of hormone filled kids in one place and make them get along with each other. Other than that, all the vital things you've pretty much learned in the two previous schools.

Also, you don't hate what you're good at(although in some cases you find it so boring because you are too good at it) so I'm going to guess your grades aren't the best... school isn't too bad. In fact after going to college you'll miss how easy it was.

Everyone says to themselves "I don't wanna goto school... it sucks..." but we do it anyway. Bite the bullet and get it done. You'll regret it big time if you don't.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 08:59   Link #9
Kimura-sensei
Retired AOne Staff

That's an odd thing to say... I'd say that my college days were my best days I've experienced in school. You get to learn what you like, meet a lot of new and very different people from different cultures/countries, and the most important of all... you get to have sex / party / booze.
Kimura-sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 09:49   Link #10
Nightkiller

Ah...well if I've learned anything in college - its that school is different for different people. I go to Vanderbilt which is = 70% rich white trash. (or at least that's what everyone around me says...) Therefore I must conclude that school is not necessary and only stupid people go to school.

Seriously though...I believe that there are only two reasons to go to school. The first is to have fun. It seems to me if one fits in, school is fun. If one does not, school chuppas grande. The other is to learn. If you don't want to be in school, your probably wasting your time taking school.

But thats only what I believe in. Of course, I'm an idealist - not a realist.
Nightkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 10:00   Link #11
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Anyone who complains about how terrible school is hasn't tried working. No more long vacations, no more goofing off as much as you want, no more freedom from (most) responsibilities... just working your ass off and give most of the cash to the government, who manages to throw it all down the drain while schools, hospitals and institutions deteriorate.

I'm attending school again now because I didn't get my act together back in '96. It's like a damn vacation colony, I have almost top grades while hardly making an effort at all. In '96 I was lousy. A few years of experience sure puts things in perspective...

Last edited by AG3; 2004-04-22 at 14:22. Reason: One letter can change meanings completely...
AG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 10:20   Link #12
Spiggy
Invisible

Angry

Speaking of moments when I hated school: last quarter this is all the crap I HAD to lug around everyday minus the day planner every so often
http://www.horizons.uc.edu/ChangeApr...us/infocus.htm
Old 2004-04-22, 10:27   Link #13
Jaz
omgwtf?!

Send a message via MSN to Jaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura-sensei
and the most important of all... you get to have sex / party / booze.
I most certainly agree with that part, that is, if you go to college.
Jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 10:41   Link #14
Spiggy
Invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura-sensei
and the most important of all... you get to have sex / party / booze.
Yeah...everyone's dream when they think of college which is why some of them don't return the following year. I'm not gonna lecture about getting priorities straight, so just take things in moderation. When in class, work hard or something close to it and when you're not, play hard but not too hard b/c you may get broken and we don't want that
Old 2004-04-22, 10:58   Link #15
Jaz
omgwtf?!

Send a message via MSN to Jaz
.....you know. I quitted college this year.... my first year....wrong study

But only to return the next schoolyear, muhahahaha...hum
Jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 11:20   Link #16
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura-chan
Dear, you NEED school, or else you won't ever learn how to spell. >>;;
Seems like you're right on this one, or else he would not have written 'right' instead of 'write'.
Anyway, think better, when you'll leave school, you'll have to work to live and it's harder than school
Old 2004-04-22, 11:33   Link #17
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

I went through high school with doing 0 work. Now I'm trying to skip college if possible.

I laugh at you people that went through high school doing 4 hours of busywork every day.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 13:02   Link #18
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

ONly reason im going to school is to find a wife.
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 13:17   Link #19
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

The following things are useful to learn in school, and are the reason why school exists:

English class: In this class, you should learn how to write lovely, gramatically correct English, good enough to give speeches or write novels, so that you'll never say something like the following: "yes but your mam and Dad would tech you to read and right". If taught correctly, this class is invaluable.
Math class: In this class, you should learn various types of mathematical problems and the steps you should take to solve them. People usually rat on math class the most, but math is really useful for solving complicated problems.
Science class: In this class, you should learn about unanswered questions you had as a child, like "Why is the sky blue?" or "Why don't the bridges fall down?" This class could be fun if it were taught properly.
History class: In this class, you should learn important events in world history that are relevant to what's going on in the world right now. Hopefully, understanding different cultures and world news is an end in itself.
Language class: In this class, you should learn a language that is interesting to you, and how to talk with people and read writing in that language. Everyone should be able to speak at least two languages fluently.

The following things are actually taught in school for some dumb reason:

English class: In this class, especially if the teacher is bad, you learn how to overanalyze boring poetry and totally destroy the entertainment you might gain from reading great works of literature by having to take tests and quizzes about minor details.
Math class: In this class, you learn how to do obscure problems that nobody cares about except for a few professional mathematicians.
Science class: In this class, you learn to parrot vague, useless statements that are often very hard to connect to reality. What does any of this mean?!
History class: In this class, you memorize unimportant names and dates. (Luckily, improvements have been made here, but in public school history is still memorization AFAIK.)
Language class: In this class, none of the languages you want to learn are available, so you end up taking Latin, which nobody speaks any more, has no works left untranslated, and is extremely difficult and annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3psi
ONly reason im going to school is to find a wife.

I LIKE HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS AND STUFF!
Old 2004-04-22, 13:27   Link #20
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Language class: In this class, none of the languages you want to learn are available, so you end up taking Latin, which nobody speaks any more, has no works left untranslated, and is extremely difficult and annoying.

I LIKE HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS AND STUFF!
Note that in non English speaking states (like France) you can learn English which isn't useless and pretty interesting

So p3psi is a reincarnation of Kimura???