AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-27, 16:20   Link #2221
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
The only problem with some of the pacing is the rush to get everything in to fit the episode. I have seen that too many times in anime that I hardly notice anymore. It honestly doesn't bother me. As long as the flow of that one episode is not effected, then I don't see the issue. And the flow, while a little rushed, was never broken.
It does take away from it if some events was rushed through and not given proper development. I have also seen that in alot of anime, and I still notice it if it is that blatant. I'm sorry but I am not going to write off a flaw in the series just because most anime have that.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 17:57   Link #2222
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
It does take away from it if some events was rushed through and not given proper development. I have also seen that in alot of anime, and I still notice it if it is that blatant. I'm sorry but I am not going to write off a flaw in the series just because most anime have that.
Well I agree it does effect development and of course I would prefer them to go into better detail. There is a problem with that though. Unlike in a movie, a book, or even a video game, there is a LIMIT to how much you can do with any sort of television show no matter how complex. There just isn't enough time to fit everything in with complex development. If they develop a lot on one thing, that means something else would have to be shortened or dropped entirely. There is just way too much going on in this series to fit everything in with good detail and good development. So of course some things will be rushed. You can see it as a issue and I can't blame you for that, but really, 99% of all television shows have the same issue (just one of the many reasons t.v. is weaker than every other form of entertainment.)

So to each their own I guess. I except the faults and will enjoy one of the best series I have ever seen in my life. Pacing doesn't bother me in any sort of television series let alone an anime. That is just me though.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 18:47   Link #2223
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Well I agree it does effect development and of course I would prefer them to go into better detail. There is a problem with that though. Unlike in a movie, a book, or even a video game, there is a LIMIT to how much you can do with any sort of television show no matter how complex. There just isn't enough time to fit everything in with complex development. If they develop a lot on one thing, that means something else would have to be shortened or dropped entirely. There is just way too much going on in this series to fit everything in with good detail and good development. So of course some things will be rushed. You can see it as a issue and I can't blame you for that, but really, 99% of all television shows have the same issue (just one of the many reasons t.v. is weaker than every other form of entertainment.)

So to each their own I guess. I except the faults and will enjoy one of the best series I have ever seen in my life. Pacing doesn't bother me in any sort of television series let alone an anime. That is just me though.
I am not saying the series isn't good but just that it could be better if not for it's faults. I would not be so adamant about it if I did not think the series was great. And I would also be more lenient if all the time they had available had been used to full effect, which is not really the case in Code Geass. While there is too much going on in this series to fit everything in, they have not utilized the time they had to fit as much plot relevant things in as they should have which is my main gripe with it. It is the Director and staff's job to work with the limit of their medium, while I understand that things rarely go as planned in the production stages, Code Geass was made and planned as an anime from the start so they do not have to worry about the limitations of an anime as much as an adaptation would. Point is these things should have been taken into account during the planning stages of the production.

I am enjoying the series but I just think that it could be alot better. But I guess this is all I will say on this as this is the C.C thread.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 18:49   Link #2224
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
I am not saying the series isn't good but just that it could be better if not for it's faults. I would not be so adamant about it if I did not think the series was great. And I would also be more lenient if all the time they had available had been used to full effect, which is not really the case in Code Geass. While there is too much going on in this series to fit everything in, they have not utilized the time they had to fit as much plot relevant things in as they should have which is my main gripe with it. It is the Director and staff's job to work with the limit of their medium, while I understand that things rarely go as planned in the production stages, Code Geass was made and planned as an anime from the start so they do not have to worry about the limitations of an anime as much as an adaptation would. Point is these things should have been taken into account during the planning stages of the production.
But due to the time slot change Tanguchi had to change everything early on. So what can we do? It was planned ahead of time, but things had to be changed which most likely also screwed up the pacing.

Quote:
I am enjoying the series but I just think that it could be alot better. But I guess this is all I will say on this as this is the C.C thread.
Agreed. Got a little off topic here.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 02:40   Link #2225
lovecakecookies

Does anyone know where I can find the link to C.C's CONNECT song lyrics?
Old 2008-08-30, 02:43   Link #2226
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Does anyone know where I can find the link to C.C's CONNECT song lyrics?
I'm not sure about posting it, but Google "C.C. CONNECT lyrics" and you'll find it easily.
Old 2008-09-01, 00:47   Link #2227
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Well, after episode 21, I want to write a little comment about C.C.

(if you hate her like, yeah I'm pointing my finger on you, the haters and the fans of mao, stay away and go do your bitching in another thread)

C.C. seemed pretty down in this episode. She started to compare herself with suzaku, about wanting to die but being unable to do it. Suzaku's reply was that he thinks he is not like her.

C.C. was not killed by the gods, because she understood that Marianne and Charles only loved themself. She also wants to smile at least once before dying.

After the 1 month timeshift, she seems as depressed as ever. I wonder if she is upset about lelouch's geass or about lelouch's actions. At least, I think she is sad about him, since we saw her looking at him with her sad face.

Also now she wears her old outfit from the first season.

I was depressed yesterday but now I'm still hoping for a good ending.

So, they show us that she wants (but I think she said that because she is sad about lelouch) to die so much, that makes me think that in the end she will not die. And her relation with lelouch seems to be back at what it was at the end of the first season (i see the outfit as a sign). She still needs to resolve her feelings with him and since ep 21 was mindblowing and unexpected, I hope for a big twist. She has to much death flags now to die imo. And since ep21 i know that "logic" can't defeat okouchi's cript so I will hope. And I hope that all the C.C. fans will hope for a good ending too
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 00:57   Link #2228
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post

(if you hate her like, yeah I'm pointing my finger on you, the haters and the fans of mao, stay away and go do your bitching in another thread)

C.C. seemed pretty down in this episode. She started to compare herself with suzaku, about wanting to die but being unable to do it. Suzaku's reply was that he thinks he is not like her.

C.C. was not killed by the gods, because she understood that Marianne and Charles only loved themself. She also wants to smile at least once before dying.

After the 1 month timeshift, she seems as depressed as ever. I wonder if she is upset about lelouch's geass or about lelouch's actions. At least, I think she is sad about him, since we saw her looking at him with her sad face.

So, they show us that she wants (but I think she said that because she is sad about lelouch) to die so much, that makes me think that in the end she will not die. And her relation with lelouch seems to be back at what it was at the end of the first season (i see the outfit as a sign). She still needs to resolve her feelings with him and since ep 21 was mindblowing and unexpected, I hope for a big twist. She has to much death flags now to die imo. And since ep21 i know that "logic" can't defeat okouchi's cript so I will hope. And I hope that all the C.C. fans will hope for a good ending too
-Why is it that you suddenly gave me the feeling that C.C will give Lelouch her "code" and make him immortal after some big fiasco that Shneizel is cooking up? Though chances are that won't happen since Lelouch is not allowed immortality, for it goes against the rules set by the "Main Character Gods"...
Old 2008-09-01, 01:01   Link #2229
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:

A very good post.
C.C. fans are with you!.

Oh, and me thinks Lelouch and Suzaku are planning on recreating Geass Cult with C.C., but this time, The World will know of it.
That's why such flashy wearings. To make people notice them.
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 01:02   Link #2230
Asleep

But she brought up the fact that Lelouch wants to see her die smiling. She seemed really sad too. I don't know if she will live. I think Lelouch will go back to being a normal student in the end, and that leaves no room for C.C.. I also think Lelouch will use her name while she is dying.

Despite everything, I am going to hope C.C. gets a happy ending. To me she has been one of the saddest characters in the series. If anything she deserves a happy ending. To kill her off would be really mean IMO. Although she must have been alive for hundreds of years she hasn't really lived at all. I really want her to have a normal life.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 01:02   Link #2231
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Why is it that you suddenly gave me the feeling that C.C will give Lelouch her "code" and make him immortal after some big fiasco that Shneizel is cooking up? Though chances are that won't happen since Lelouch is not allowed immortality, for it goes against the rules set by the "Main Character Gods"...
Uh? I gave you that feeling. Well, one of my scenario that I would like is that C.C. and lelouch will be saved by the gods.

The gods killed marianne and charles because they only loved themselves . So i think the main point of this series is all about heart and love.

And I think lelouch and c.c. will show great love for each other and for the world by the end of the series so the gods will maybe help them
Old 2008-09-01, 01:03   Link #2232
gabbytay
Banned

Kallulu fans are quite today isn't. They're all just down from the lack of kallen screen time .
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 01:04   Link #2233
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
But she brought up the fact that Lelouch wants to see her die smiling. She seemed really sad too. I don't know if she will live. I think Lelouch will go back to being a normal student in the end, and that leaves no room for C.C.. I also think Lelouch will use her name while she is dying.

Despite everything, I am going to hope C.C. gets a happy ending. To me she has been one of the saddest characters in the series. If anything she deserves a happy ending. To kill her off would be really mean IMO. Although she must have been alive for hundreds of years she hasn't really lived at all. I really want her to have a normal life.
Lelouch can't be a normal student anymore imo, but i could be wrong.

Yeah happy ending or bust
Old 2008-09-01, 01:04   Link #2234
Micante

Quote:

Good post, I agree with that.

I'm really confused why her name still isn't revealed yet, though... perhaps her name was dropped with the original R2? The Geass plot ended, I really can't see what more there is to spoil about her... unless... she becomes a huge part of the confrontation with Schneizel. :O
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 01:05   Link #2235
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
Kallulu fans are quite today isn't. They're all just down from the lack of kallen screen time .
I don't really care, i just thope they won't go here to bitch about the character. But they are welcome to talk seriously about C.C.
Old 2008-09-01, 01:06   Link #2236
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
Yes, we are. Hopefully 22 makes up for it.
Old 2008-09-01, 01:10   Link #2237
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
Good post, I agree with that.

I'm really confused why her name still isn't revealed yet, though... perhaps her name was dropped with the original R2? The Geass plot ended, I really can't see what more there is to spoil about her... unless... she becomes a huge part of the confrontation with Schneizel. :O
Her name seems to be an important factor between those two. I can totally see him saying her name with love, true love. I told you, i think they are back at where they were at the end of the first season.

The geass plot is not ended. Lelouch has his geass and she is alive too with her power. Also, lelouch can still talk with / ask something to the gods in kaminejima if he wants too.
Old 2008-09-01, 01:14   Link #2238
Micante

Quote:
Her name seems to be an important factor between those two. I can totally see him saying her name with love, true love. I told you, i think they are back at where they were at the end of the first season.

The geass plot is not ended. Lelouch has his geass and she is alve too with her power. Also, lelouch can still talk with / ask something to the gods in kaminejima if he wants too.
Yeah, but there's not a lot of unanswered questions left about the Geass. Everything's been just about answered already. I don't see any reasons why they're still hiding C.C.'s name. Maybe they decided to just forget about the name that isn't C.C. or something.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 01:15   Link #2239
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:

The geass plot is not ended. Lelouch has his geass and she is alive too with her power. Also, lelouch can still talk with / ask something to the gods in kaminejima if he wants too.
How is he going to go back to the gods? The Sword of Akasha was shut down. It's not going to be used again. Plus, it would be too ridiculous to just pop in to ask the gods for favors.
Old 2008-09-01, 01:15   Link #2240
Asleep

Quote:
I hope it's not while she is dying though. If it is so, it will probably be in the last episode. Why would they not want to reveal her name right until the end? I hope they reveal it quickly now. I want to stop thinking her name will be used when she is dying...
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote