AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-29, 07:16   Link #14821
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
They could have named the last episode "Requiem" but hey just named it "Re:". Some people will see a number of different meaning in it.

It could mean Resurrection.

And I want to believe in the LL > RR > R2 thing

So, maybe one day, she will receive a letter from a certain someone.
Yes, what I meant was that it was what I thought while I was watching the episode : I thought Lelouch would die and then Kallen would receive a letter. But that didn't happen.

Hehe, maybe
But I actually believe that Lelouch is really dead, so I don't have that much hopes about that.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:17   Link #14822
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
I thought there is no "L" in japanese
There is not. But they also learn English, if not Engrish.

Wait a minute, I'll check my textbooks.

Now Back.

L=エル (katakana eru)

R=アール (katakana aaru)

Hmm, though I would mind a CL runaway, part of me hopes that Lelouch isn't dead.
And perhaps a reunion and a slap?
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:18   Link #14823
Vito
Asshole.

The only way she'll receive a letter from Lelouch if:

a) he geassed someone into sending it after his death
b) the whole FLEIJA thing made postal services unreliable
c) it got delayed because it was rerouted to her new address

The only two people that might benefit from him not dying is pretty much him and C.C. ... seeing how this is the Kallen thread and all, I'll stick to vehemently defending that he's dead and leave the damage control to the C.C. thread.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:21   Link #14824
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
Yes, what I meant was that it was what I thought while I was watching the episode : I thought Lelouch would die and then Kallen would receive a letter. But that didn't happen.

Hehe, maybe
But I actually believe that Lelouch is really dead, so I don't have that much hopes about that.
I know but won't you like an OAv or a movie with her, lelouch and C.C. ?

I hoped for a real sign that he is alive, even something like that ^^ (a letter on kallen's desk for instance, but it didn't happen)

Me I still hope ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
The only two people that might benefit from him not dying is pretty much him and C.C. ... seeing how this is the Kallen thread and all, I'll stick to vehemently defending that he's dead and leave the damage control to the C.C. thread.
And searching meaning in vague lines from lelouch song which could talk about many people and not only one person in particular is not damage control? Come on.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:22   Link #14825
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
IMO, Kallen should get over him in a couple of years, though very unlikely...
I'm not so sure since her whole family seems to have a tendency to dwell on the past.

Also even if she did manage to finally get over him and move on with her life she most certainly won't settle down with Lelouch bashers plus the fact many men might have a problem dating a war hero who knows so many important people, which will take a massive chunk out of her potential candidates.

She may also end up subconciously comparing them to Lelouch or picking people similar to Lelouch. At which point you could argue that she hasn't really gotten over him then.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:23   Link #14826
Baixinho

Quote:
People see what they want to see. The face who shows nothing could talk about the scene with nunnaly in the damocles. He showed her a fake face while in fact, he saved her. So he showed not his true feelings to her as well
No, sorry but I can't agree with that : he showed the devil emperor mask to Nunally in both episode 23 and 25. He was not emotionless at all during his encounter with Nunally (he was surprised at first, then struggling about using Geass, and finally he had an evil smirk on his face when Nunally poped out of the Geass), or we didn't watch the same episode

The only time he showed nothing at all was during the scene with Kallen in episode 22, and it was especially shown right after the kiss.

I know what you think about interpreting things only one way, but in this case there is clearly nothing else this could refer to.
Old 2008-09-29, 07:25   Link #14827
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:

And searching meaning in vague lines from lelouch song which could talk about many people and not only one person in particular is not damage control? Come on.
We were just having fun like a swarm of rabid redologists~
Old 2008-09-29, 07:26   Link #14828
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
No, sorry but I can't agree with that : he showed the devil emperor mask to Nunally in both episode 23 and 25. He was not emotionless at all during his encounter with Nunally (he was surprised at first, then struggling about using Geass, and finally he had an evil smirk on his face when Nunally poped out of the Geass), or we didn't watch the same episode

The only time he showed nothing at all was during the scene with Kallen in episode 22, and it was especially shown right after the kiss.

I know what you think about interpreting things only one way, but in this case there is clearly nothing else this could refer to.
Then we don't have the same definition of Emotionless face. When nunnaly was on the ground, he looked at her before leaving and in my opinion (i could be wrong) it's also an emotionless face, because inside him he was crying for sure

Quote:
We were just having fun like a swarm of rabid redologists~
Yep, and that's why I like to talk with you or koshimizu about that, because even if you are kallen fans, you think about other possibilities than just the possibilities about your favorite character. :thumb:
Old 2008-09-29, 07:28   Link #14829
Baixinho

Quote:
I know but won't you like an OAv or a movie with her, lelouch and C.C. ?

I hoped for a real sign that he is alive, even something like that ^^ (a letter on kallen's desk for instance, but it didn't happen)

Me I still hope ^^
Sure, that would be nice to have such an OAV, but if it is at the cost of creating more plot holes, I prefer it that way.

What I hoped for actually was a last (and honest) farewell scene between those 2, even if it meant via a letter or a video. I really thought (and still think) that the gumline would have fit very well in such a scene.

We'll see ^^ but I think you shouldn't get your hopes too high
Old 2008-09-29, 07:29   Link #14830
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Then we don't have the same definition of Emotionless face. When nunnaly was on the ground, he looked at her before leaving and in my opinion (i could be wrong) it's also an emotionless face, because inside him he was crying for sure
Wait, does re:=regeneration?

WaitX2, why am I talking about Lelouch's R2 song in the Kallen thread?

Back to topic, is SE4 out?
Old 2008-09-29, 07:32   Link #14831
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Wait, does re:=regeneration?
Ah, didn't think about that, it could fit too

Quote:
We'll see ^^ but I think you shouldn't get your hopes too high
Hoping about that costs nothing, so why not hoping ^^
Old 2008-09-29, 07:36   Link #14832
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
I'm not responsible for what other people do in this thread, I suck at interpreting songs anyways so I stay out of it. I'm sticking to my view, that Lelouch is dead, while I understand why people in the C.C. thread might want to think otherwise, I see no reason for trying to argue for it here. Hence my statement.

Applying Occam's razor to the problem also suggests that he's... dead... this time a giant sword being used instead of a bright flash/FLEIJA, bullets.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:37   Link #14833
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
I'm not responsible for what other people do in this thread, I suck at interpreting songs anyways so I stay out of it. I'm sticking to my view, that Lelouch is dead, while I understand why people in the C.C. thread might want to think otherwise, I see no reason for trying to argue for it here. Hence my statement.
Believe me or not, I would prefer him to be alive and return to kallen if he loves her, rather than thinking he is dead for good. C.C. has nothing to do with that. I loved lelouch character a lot, I just want to believe that it is not the end.

And since we're talking about the song, kallen's song has some hints that he could be alive no?
Old 2008-09-29, 07:39   Link #14834
X_Danny_X

Narona, your inbox is full. i was trying to send a message to you.

anyway, does Kallen know that Suzaku is Zero now?
Old 2008-09-29, 07:41   Link #14835
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Ah, didn't think about that, it could fit too
LOL, then REGENERATION is incestous (as ever)...

Poor Kallen-tan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post

She said "Lelouch-tachi" so I suppose "yes".
Old 2008-09-29, 07:41   Link #14836
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post

Even when I c/paste 50 messages (because i still didn't reply to them -_-) in a txt, it becomes full again in a few days XD...............

I will reply to some messages right now, so you will be able to PM me.

I think she knows, and todou too had guessed it I think
Old 2008-09-29, 07:45   Link #14837
Baixinho

Quote:
Naaah...

Look at his face in the moment you're talking about :

His eyelids are frowned, his eyes are half closed and his mouth is overly bent : he looks pissed or sad.

Now look at the face he showed Kallen :

It shows nothing : all of the lines of his face are horizontal (except his mouth, but this is rather due to the way they draw mouths in the show).

So yes, we don't have the same definition of emotionless
Old 2008-09-29, 07:59   Link #14838
blottyparchment

沈黙主張する顔
A face showing nothing

情熱隠したままで
Concealing passion/enthusiasm/zeal

押さえつけられて生きるのか
Living weighted down

奇跡手に入れるには 時に心捨てる
Throwing my heart away in obtaining this miracle

君の涙つらいけど
Though your tears are painful

I'm no expert in translating jap, but the first line of Lelouch's char song is literally and more accurately saying 'a face claiming/insisting silence/reticence'. 'A face showing nothing' works too, I guess. If I remember correctly, the word used for silence in the lyrics is not the type of silence = hiding things/lying but simply a refusal to communicate. If we go by that, isn't that exactly what he did with Kallen?

But if one were to argue that the song addresses Kallen, the second line works better, which talks of hidden passion. Trying so hard to keep something in check, eh Lelouch?

But then again, it's hard to believe that Lelouch could really be dedicating the song to anyone other than Nunnally, right? So, I think this is just another one of those ambiguities. It can be a song addressing Nunnally, Kallen, or some other person. People can interpret things however they want to.
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:59   Link #14839
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Believe me or not, I would prefer him to be alive and return to kallen if he loves her, rather than thinking he is dead for good. C.C. has nothing to do with that. I loved lelouch character a lot, I just want to believe that it is not the end.

And since we're talking about the song, kallen's song has some hints that he could be alive no?
i always wonder if Kallen didn't came in like that in the fortress, would C.C and Lelouch kiss? seeing the way things happen and how it ended, i believe that Lelouch didnt love Kallen romantically wise but care for her and wanted to bring her wishes come true.

also i believe that Kallen does know that Suzaku is zero, there is a big picture of Suzaku alone the wall, so i am betting that she found out completely and doesnt hate him no more.

also since he is now Zero and that in future wars he is going to be needed Suzaku in my eyes will display the characterstics of Lelouch, Kallen might see that in him and possibly fall for him, LOL.
Old 2008-09-29, 07:59   Link #14840
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

People just calm down, it's just a song and overanalyzing is fun~

I suggest we change our motto...

There has to be a good reason that ...Sunrise and Taniguchi trolled us over....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post

But then again, it's hard to believe that Lelouch could really be dedicating the song to anyone other than Nunnally, right? So, I think this is just another one of those ambiguities. It can be a song addressing Nunnally, Kallen, or some other person. People can interpret things however they want to.
IMO this is just as messy as Never End was, this time a combination of sisconness, ZR(HUGE DEATHFLAG) and perhaps a shimmer of Kalulu.
Nothing special.

He is dead(right now).