AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-07, 07:43   Link #1021
Tri-ring

I was working for the best program for a concert and here is what I listed.
1. Vital Force as BGM for MC to thanks audience for coming and giving the formalities.
2. Welcome to my Fanclub's night
3.What'bout my star? (Sheryl version)
4.Iteza gogo Kuji Don't be late
Ranka steps in for next song
5. Lion
6. Triangler(Fight on the stage version)
Stage talk by Ranka while Sheryl goes change costume
7.Lovers you yeah
Sheryl steps back with some stage talk Ranka introduces Sheryl's next song then steps out to change
8.Diamond Crevasse
7.Northern Cross
8.Highschool Life (for most musicians to take a break)
9.What 'bout my star (Ranka version with new costume)
10.Seikan Hikou
11.Anata no Oto
12.Ai Oboete Imasuka
13. is this Love(again for musicians to take a break and Ranka to change)
14.Stage talk by Sheryl (With Sheryl in new costume)
15.Yousei
16. Finale with Nyan-nyan Service Medley
17.Aimo
18. Prologue F (as ending BGM for people to step out of hall)

What do you think?
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 08:12   Link #1022
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, it would be something I would actually love to watch, myself. But I would put Diamond Crevasse after Yousei, and have Sheryl sing it a capella or with the "Empty" arrangement. That would be note perfect, if you ask me.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 08:47   Link #1023
Teletha

Finally listened to the second OST and loved it. Though I think Ao no Ether has got to be the weakest song by far. It's especially bad when you think it's supposed to be deep and emotional. I can't find anything redeeming about it. Dokun Dokun is a much better song . But Ai Oboeteimasuka~bless the little queen is still amazing. I love the arrangement. I wasn't fan of the earlier version of the song Megumi did, but that version is gorgeous.

@Tri-ring

Seconding adding Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse. It might be my favorite song in Macross history, for the moment at least. The emotion is just breathtaking. Sheryl-sama~
Teletha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 08:56   Link #1024
Tri-ring

FYI
The two(May'n & Nakajima Ai) are going on a concert gig in Japan starting on Oct.13th in Yokohama and 22nd in Osaka.
Titled "Macross Frontier Final Galaxy Tour" although I do not know the program but this would be a must see GIG.

http://mayn.horipro.jp/schedule/

Edit; Executive producer of this gig is none other than Kanno Yoko!!!
Old 2008-10-07, 08:56   Link #1025
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
No Ao no Ether for Ranka or perhaps Neko Nikki?

Personally I don't really fond of Ninjin Loves You, but then again, we need a tad or sort of short song for the change...

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 10:33   Link #1026
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Anyone in Singapore?

The Official Website states that May’n is gonna perform live at the Anime Festival Asia 2008, in Singapore.
I would love to be there, as well as their joint "tour" of Macross F in Japan. Alas, I can only dream...

Old 2008-10-07, 10:41   Link #1027
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

WHUT?! Why must it be on the last week of November when I have my Poland Trip?!! (TAT) I have to force someone else to go to AFA 2008 now!!

But this actually surprise me that the highlight got into May'n rather than Megumi-Megumi is suppossed to be the one who is promoted by Macross F popularity. World sure prefer wide vocal range rather than an exceptional talented voice.

Old 2008-10-07, 12:27   Link #1028
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
World sure prefer wide vocal range rather than an exceptional talented voice.
Are you implying that May'n isn't exceptionally talented, as far as her voice is concerned?

Old 2008-10-07, 12:46   Link #1029
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

I think Natsuki meant a comparison between a genuine singing voice and a raw talent voice. Megumi never struck me as much of a singer though. It may sound a bit strange to say this but I'd rather have her do voice acting then singing.

EDIT. Ninjin Loves you yeah!

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 12:52   Link #1030
Teletha

Sheryl/May'n character and songs ended up being more popular. I can see why they promote her more then Megumi. Or maybe Megumi is busy. Or something.
Teletha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 12:58   Link #1031
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, I like Megumi, but I have to say I can't really compare May'n to her. They're on a whole different level. And I agree with Urei, that she should focus on her voice acting and try to develop her skills some more - doing both is okay, when it suits the characters, but leave the serious singing to the professionals, at least for now.

One more thing: Is the upcoming concert going to be televised or recorded in any way? I'd so love to get that...

Last edited by BetoJR; 2008-10-07 at 17:44.
Old 2008-10-08, 01:11   Link #1032
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Well, Beto, Urei has explained my meaning, so there But I may add that actually May'n doesn't really have a good timbre in her voice. Sure, I LOVE May'n songs, but when it comes to the voice, I would probably prefer Megumi.

Although I kinda have to agree that Megumi's voice may do better if she focus in Voice Acting rather than singing for now. She still needs to develop her talent in singing.

Old 2008-10-08, 02:54   Link #1033
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Well, Ranka's voice do posses a unique quality. It's high pitched to begin with. It also produces a very unique sound whenever she sings. It's also warm and comforting to some extent. What I dislike about it is that even when she tries it always stays on the same level. There is little range to it, it lacks power and accent and I even dare to say that it lacks emotion. When I listen to Seikan Hikou or any other of her songs I can't shake the feeling that I'm actually listening to a faster paced Aimo. The sound behind her song manages to up the emotion level a bit but I like to listen to vocals as well. It's flat. She's not made to sing lively songs because they turn out to be mellow at best.

That is why I would prefer her to do voice acting instead of singing. She does posses the talent but it certainly is dimmed in her singing.

Old 2008-10-08, 05:13   Link #1034
Sec

Macross F O.S.T 2 Nyan Tra debuts on the Oricon daily charts at #1 with 24,932 copies sold on the 1st day. Congratulation to Yoko Kanno, May'n and Megumi Nakajima. The main rival of this week for Yoko Kanno is Mariya Takeuchi with her latest best of album "Expressions", I hope the OST2 can take the first spot on the weekly charts.
Sec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 05:16   Link #1035
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Well, Beto, Urei has explained my meaning, so there But I may add that actually May'n doesn't really have a good timbre in her voice. Sure, I LOVE May'n songs, but when it comes to the voice, I would probably prefer Megumi.
How can you love her songs and don't like the timbre in her voice? I would be constantly annoyed hearing her music like that, myself.

Ever since I saw her performing Northern Cross and, specially, Diamond Crevasse live, my respect for her singing increased ten-fold. As for Megumi, it just stayed the same. It's not that I don't like her - given time and practice, she could develop into a powerful performer - but May'n is just light-years ahead, right now.

EDIT ADD: Well, sales of the merchandise don't seem to have taken that big a plunge, if the OST is to be taken as a measure.

Old 2008-10-08, 08:07   Link #1036
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

My biggest problem with the Macross OST is it's longer than my drive to work ! Now i end up driving slower just to finish listening to some of the songs

Again, very excellent OST. Definitely picking up both OST when I get the chance.
Old 2008-10-08, 08:23   Link #1037
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
How can you love her songs and don't like the timbre in her voice? I would be constantly annoyed hearing her music like that, myself.
Well, it's kinda hard to explain... I love May'n songs because it is more rich in emotion than Mamegu's ones. But when it comes to the voice itself, I surely would pick Mamegu's than May'n. Don't get me wrong, Beto, I didn't say I dislike her timbre, but more like, she really doesn't have a good timbre if compared to Mamegu.

Old 2008-10-08, 08:26   Link #1038
Tri-ring

Would I be asking too much if I said I wanted a full two hour version of Sheryl Nome and Ranka Lee on stage like one of those live concert vids backstage and all?
I will be more than willing to pay a pretty penny if they came out in blu-disk 5.1 surround.
Old 2008-10-08, 10:02   Link #1039
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec View Post
Macross F O.S.T 2 Nyan Tra debuts on the Oricon daily charts at #1 with 24,932 copies sold on the 1st day. Congratulation to Yoko Kanno, May'n and Megumi Nakajima. The main rival of this week for Yoko Kanno is Mariya Takeuchi with her latest best of album "Expressions", I hope the OST2 can take the first spot on the weekly charts.
I'm surprised no one commented on this post. With this Macross Frontier OST 2 broke it's own record. The first OST Nyan Furo was a record breaker as well, as it was the first anime OST in 11 years to get to Top 10. Nyan Furo got 3rd spot and it seems OST 2 gets place numer one.

Old 2008-10-08, 10:14   Link #1040
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

I did. Love the development.

Tags
music