AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-09, 23:11   Link #61
waterchan

About Yamamoto taking a direct stab from Amagai and not flinching -- remember that Amagai's bankai had dissipated against his will, and according to Byakuya, that is an indication that the Shinigami is about to die. It's conceivable that Amagai's stab was pretty weak for a captain.

And if Amagai hadn't committed suicide at the end, he would have died anyway -- from Soul Society's punishment if not from running out of HP.
Old 2008-10-10, 01:46   Link #62
^Sakon

LOL @ the transition, filler ending wasn't too bad, nothing unforeseen really, we all knew amagi would be gone somehow, I really was wondering how they could possibly reconnect with the original Arc from that filler since it was placed in a very inopportune spot. The other filler Arcs generally took place in the lull between arcs, so transition wasn't too hard, gotta admit the bold faced "ok back to your original scheduled program" style was amusing and prolly the best overall.
Old 2008-10-10, 12:37   Link #63
mugenTaichou
Sanity, you say?

I still state that this fillers were better than Bounto arc... I liked the ending

AND FUCK YEAH NELL!!
I loved shinigami golden xD.

Edit: Meh sorry...

But I still wait!

Last edited by mugenTaichou; 2008-10-10 at 14:43.
Old 2008-10-10, 13:30   Link #64
Liwyn

Send a message via MSN to Liwyn
......../Sigh

Last edited by Liwyn; 2008-10-10 at 19:04.
Old 2008-10-10, 13:49   Link #65
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
You two might want to edit that so that you don't get in trouble. There's not supposed to be manga spoilers in the anime discussion thread, even if they have spoiler tags.
Old 2008-10-10, 23:48   Link #66
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
At least Amagai wasn't really the bad guy; Just foolishly mistaken...It would've been too cliche if he was just another psychopath hellbent on revenge no matter what...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2008-10-11, 00:15   Link #67
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
Soul Society: Farewell, you will never be mentioned again in this anime.
Actually I remember them referring back to the Bounto arc in a non-filler episode. So it's possible
Oh yeah, randomly sad endings ftl. I only feel a bit sad though, a lot of it is patheticness.
Old 2008-10-11, 00:20   Link #68
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Actually I remember them referring back to the Bounto arc in a non-filler episode. So it's possible
But the Bount arc is in-continuity, the Amagai arc isn't.
Old 2008-10-11, 02:56   Link #69
astrallionheart

It would be funny (not that having fillers is ever funny) that when the new filler arc starts in 6 months, they'll simply do another teleport and link back to the filler continuity.
Old 2008-10-11, 07:39   Link #70
swordfinder
10th Division

i just don't get why yamamoto didn't tell amagai the true story in the first place
just slept through the fight and then woke up at the end and remembered the truth
then amagai could have stayed on and help fight in HM but then that would go against the manga. sheeshhh.
Old 2008-10-11, 08:53   Link #71
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordfinder View Post
i just don't get why yamamoto didn't tell amagai the true story in the first place
just slept through the fight and then woke up at the end and remembered the truth
then amagai could have stayed on and help fight in HM but then that would go against the manga. sheeshhh.
I mean no hostility here for anyone, but... what part of "alternate continuity" don't everyone get?

Yama-ji saw Ichigo's Vaizard form in the Amagai arc, but in normal continuity, Ichigo was in Hueco Mundo the whole time. Even if Ichigo died in the Amagai arc, it wouldn't effect later episodes. The Amagai arc just takes place in another Bleach universe. That's why breaking the 4th wall at the end there made so much sense.
Old 2008-10-11, 09:24   Link #72
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
I too agree if Yama had opened his mouth instead of going silent mode the fight could have been avoided . Also the silent treatment proved to Amagai he was right and also fueled his fire . IMO purely plot reasons .

I liked Amagai despite his overly flashy WOW inspired zanapakuto . He could have been included in the manga IMO . The suicide was unnecessary I really dont get how it affected his pride. With Chamber 46 out of the picture the fuzzy warm care bear known as Yamaji would have pardoned him ... or max gotten away with a minor punishment .
Old 2008-10-11, 10:41   Link #73
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Amagai probably wouldn't have bought Yamamoto's story; He had admitted he was blinded by rage, so even if Yamamoto pulled off "A Few Good Men"-esque "You want the truth?", Amagai probably would've just been pissed off more at Yamamoto's attempt to defend himself...It took a third-party member Like Yoruichi to deliver the unbiased story and reveal the truth...

Besides, Yamamoto looks less like the "I'm sorry, this is what really happened" type and more the "You misguided fool, you will pay for your mistakes!" type...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2008-10-11, 12:42   Link #74
swordfinder
10th Division

yeah, however amagai's character was impressive and certainly befits a taicho since the beginning of the arc. only the ending could have been written better. still amagai's death is truly a big loss to the series. shinigami salute:

Hadou sanju-san Soukatsui x 3
(Way of Destruction Number 33 Blue Fire Crash Down) x 3
Old 2008-10-11, 14:06   Link #75
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
wow that was bad

Amagai's bakkouto wasn't activated in the end or what? Ichigo was faster than before and even managed to defeat Amagai without his mask that makes no sense at all.. and Yamamoto seems to run low on blood, this wound was perfectly dry also explains why his brain is in idle mode and therefore simply forgot about Ichigo's mask.. oh well, what a sucky ending, bountos were waaaay better

Harakiri was strange and totally unnecessary to me, it came out of nowhere just because they had to get rid of the character. Imo they could have put him to Rantao and Ipod-Bounto

now I'm soooo looking forward to see some good stuff

edit: in response to rep

Bounto Arc and Amagai Arc are comparable as they share the same writer. Nothing illogical about it.

Last edited by WONDERMIKE; 2008-10-11 at 15:32.
Old 2008-10-11, 14:13   Link #76
astrallionheart

Noitora sure has a big stick. I wonder how Ichigo will fare next week. I believe this is the first time he's fought a Fatal Fury-style combat round with a 2nd contestant jumping in right after the first is defeated :P
Old 2008-10-12, 04:51   Link #77
mugenTaichou
Sanity, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post

edit: in response to rep

Bounto Arc and Amagai Arc are comparable as they share the same writer. Nothing illogical about it.
wow you got the same rep oO

I really don't get it what he/she thought with it <<

Helloooou, from time to time we even discuss logic in bleach, why we couldn't compare those?? oO

Old 2008-10-12, 12:32   Link #78
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Though I'm not sure why you were repped because of that, I'd have to agree. Writers have nothing to do with it. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that judging a fiction on who made it gets in the way of making an unbiased opinion of the fiction. If the anime arcs as they are came directly from Kubo, everyone would have a totally different opinion of them.

Fiction is supposed to be there for people to enjoy, not a reflection of popularity contests.

And yes, this opinion relates directly to my constant defense of "fillers".
Old 2008-10-12, 12:46   Link #79
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
I don't get it, ppl also compare Stephen King's books or Tarantino's movies, so why shouldn't we compare Abe's work? Imo you could even take Naruto filler arcs and all the movies into comparison. But ok, that's ot.
Old 2008-10-13, 06:46   Link #80
mugenTaichou
Sanity, you say?

it's not like we are comparing fillers from two different anime; bounto and amagai arc belongs to bleach, therefore they are comparable.

We just said that we like this fillers more than other one... what's the deal?

Closed Thread

Tags
anime, weekly episode discussion