AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 15 16.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 21.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 18.68%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 4.40%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.10%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.10%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-20, 05:25   Link #41
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Ok ep 3 was awesome . especially the part when they were locked in the storage room
And don't really think taiga was acting that bitchy
Old 2008-10-20, 16:27   Link #42
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmmmmm, just watched ep 3. Feels like they lost the lovely focus they had in the first two episodes somewhat and actually fell backwards in the Ryuuji-Taiga angle. Viewed purely from an anime-standalone point of view.

The episode was pretty funny, but I felt like there were many lost opportunities:
1) Minori really only dropped shields for a mere instance - and you really only learned that there *are* some inner secrets to her happy facade.
2) Taiga was fairly wasted in most of the episode and her one vulnerable moment with Kitamura.... what? he couldn't be bothered to help her get her XtraLarge Bike up?
3) Taiga would beat up Ryuuji every time he looked at Minori. However, *why* she was is left totally unexplained or even hinted at. Is it because she thinks he's not worthy of Minori? That's probably her public reason but she doesn't say. Because she's jealous? No hint given in the episode.
4) Even the last gag seems a bit short-changed: opportunity for Ryuuji to have to deal with two females in the locked cold storage....missed.

worthwhile points:
1) Nice watching a totally frustrated Taiga crying and forcing herself to bike. She may be already figuring out her object of love is a lost cause.... which may make her even madder at Ryuuji and his Minori obsession.
2) Minori doesn't seem to have *any* feelings other than "good buddy" with Ryuuji. None. Unclear if that's part of her shield effect or not.
3) OK... I'd feel *really* weird if that guy grabbed me because my mom was hot. Very funny moment.
4) omigdz, that damned bird.
5) Loved the restaurant sequence and Taiga's expressions.

Gave this one an "8" mostly because while entertaining, it seemed to miss a number of notes.
Old 2008-10-20, 17:25   Link #43
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Crap...I can't believe that this series got a subforum
me either, but i guess something had to replace macross. this season nothing else was making a lot of traffic, plus the series has a novel and a manga so it makes sense.
Old 2008-10-20, 20:42   Link #44
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Taiga would beat up Ryuuji every time he looked at Minori. However, *why* she was is left totally unexplained or even hinted at. Is it because she thinks he's not worthy of Minori? That's probably her public reason but she doesn't say. Because she's jealous? No hint given in the episode.
Though this is a matter of perception, I thought it was implied that Taiga seen Ryuuji's observation of Minori to be perverted in nature. And with them being good friends, she didn't like that, which led her use the method she knows best to fix it: violence.
Old 2008-10-20, 20:51   Link #45
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You can tell I'm having to work pretty hard to find faults
I didn't have any problem perceiving it - but I often find that casual viewers miss what seems obvious to me.
Old 2008-10-20, 22:20   Link #46
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Hmmmmmm, just watched ep 3. Feels like they lost the lovely focus they had in the first two episodes somewhat and actually fell backwards in the Ryuuji-Taiga angle. Viewed purely from an anime-standalone point of view.

The episode was pretty funny, but I felt like there were many lost opportunities:
2) Taiga was fairly wasted in most of the episode and her one vulnerable moment with Kitamura.... what? he couldn't be bothered to help her get her XtraLarge Bike up?
3) Taiga would beat up Ryuuji every time he looked at Minori. However, *why* she was is left totally unexplained or even hinted at. Is it because she thinks he's not worthy of Minori? That's probably her public reason but she doesn't say. Because she's jealous? No hint given in the episode.
Some ideas.....

2) I think Kitamura misjudged her as she is sitting on the hills enjoying the scenery, not because she fell from the bicycle fiasco. However Taiga is too flustered to say it and Kitamura as usual, full of himself with presumptions giving some pep talk about beauty of riding bicycle instead of offering to pick up the bicycle.

3) I think Taiga doing it to remind him that he still haven't assisted her in capturing Kitamura's heart. So it could be a poke of reminder from her. Or she did not want her good friend Minorin to be mentally stripped by him hence her defense mechanism swing into action. Personally I don't think she is jealous of the relationship at this stage.
Old 2008-10-20, 23:14   Link #47
Kouvley

Didn't enjoy this episode as much as the first two.

Too much slapstick humour which was exacerbated by the fact it's Kugimiya Rie delivering the blows, if I closed my eyes it could easily have been any of her other tsundere loli characters.

We got some hints that there's more to Minori's happy facade but they probably wont reveal anything till much later. I'm pretty indifferent to her character at the moment.

I'm hoping this show will improve with the introduction of the third girl.
Old 2008-10-21, 03:54   Link #48
dave1992
Hinagiku Fans

Send a message via Yahoo to dave1992
Awesome... It's just awesome, Taiga and Ryuji locked in it, also with Minori, it's awesome...
Old 2008-10-21, 05:54   Link #49
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Loved the episode, specially the "Found You!" moment. That was some funny animation, right there.

Old 2008-10-21, 05:56   Link #50
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
You can tell I'm having to work pretty hard to find faults
I didn't have any problem perceiving it - but I often find that casual viewers miss what seems obvious to me.
I seem to recall she actually said to Ryuji that his eyes are perverted and those perverted eyes of his makes her sick.
Old 2008-10-21, 11:03   Link #51
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Loved the episode, specially the "Found You!" moment. That was some funny animation, right there.
Yes, that was a rather interesting scene. It was not a surprise she was there but rather - "What the, could lolis fly?"

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-10-21, 13:06   Link #52
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
Yes, that was a rather interesting scene. It was not a surprise she was there but rather - "What the, could lolis fly?"
That actually did cross my mind, as well.

Old 2008-10-21, 23:23   Link #53
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Not only the animation, but the voice acting was epic there, too.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-10-22, 01:44   Link #54
4ran

Send a message via AIM to 4ran Send a message via MSN to 4ran Send a message via Yahoo to 4ran
Quote:
i loved that sence as wel X>
Old 2008-10-22, 03:12   Link #55
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:

The scene reminds me of this.
Old 2008-10-22, 04:57   Link #56
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, God, don't remind me of that movie...

Old 2008-10-22, 05:04   Link #57
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post

The scene reminds me of this.
LOL but Taiga is more scary than that xD
Old 2008-10-22, 07:04   Link #58
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
I liked the role-reversal in the beginning of this one. He's lecturing about laundry, she's all "Shut up, you're annoying". Even though these two do have a slight role-reversal as far as gender goes, he is still definitely identifiable as a guy and she as a girl. I like that about these two.

I noticed a lot of aggression towards Taiga's attitude... I'm pretty sure that we were given fair warning at the beginning of this series as to what a beast she can be. I tend to sympathize with most tsundere characters though, so maybe I'm not judging her as harshly as I should. I still have hope for her eventual turnaround though, as the previous episode set up.

I liked the insight into Minori too. I'm glad that even though she's not the real romantic focus, she's not going to be 2-dimensional. She's actually really charming. I hope that Kitamura gets fleshed out some more. He's a little boring right now.

All in all, this was cute. I like eps 1 and 2 better, but this is definitely enough to keep me watching.
Old 2008-10-22, 09:54   Link #59
lolzcrap

i beg to differ. Tsun animes can actually be good. Well. I don't know of many. Hng is one of the better tsun animes. It had very good balance. Znt n sns were initially good concepts but turned bad later, thanks to a certain anime production company... I'd say they stepped on the passion pedal too hard (almost flooring it). But then again finding a balance is very difficult. Too little and fans will dislike. Too much n it'll turn horrendous. This anime has potential. N i'll follow it for a while. Though i admit i had a slight feeling of deja vu for the last ep. 8/10 for this one.

I personally don't think taiga was being that bitchy. U have to remember that ryuji did make a promise to her, as pointed out above. N she's typically a violent n spoilt girl. I guess mb a little overboard, it'll b nice if they toned it down a little...
Old 2008-10-22, 10:02   Link #60
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Taiga is so adorable! She could be said as a more violent version of Nagi (from Hayate No Gotoku, another of Kugimiya's famous tsun-lolis). Her way of doing things is probably the same as the way Nagi does household chores.

Episode 3 is hilarious with Taiga's psychotic criminal look.
Closed Thread