4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.17%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-23, 04:16   Link #661
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

OK, let's say the governments stop having militaries. they suddenly have much more resources to go into finding the damn CB.

Also, what about riots? Rebellions? Is that war? Do the CB kill the people protesting because they don't have enough food? Do they kill the people protesting that the CB killed their loved ones? When does it stop? And what about independance talks? Does that mean that no matter how much people want to be independant, and break free of various discriminatory practices in their countries, they can't, or the CB will kill them? And let's not even get into religious conficts.

People don't go to war for the fun of it. If you want to stop a war, you have to deal with is causes. Pointing a big gun can only work for so long. As I said, plenty of big guns now, that want peace. See how it works out in Irak?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 05:14   Link #662
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
No, a terrorist is someone who harms people to create terror

hence the term terrorist

Calling the Clyne Faction a terrorist organization just tells me you don't know the meaning of the word terrorist.

Its kind of cute when you try to create thought provoking discussion by calling George Washington a terrorist, but by the definition used by both the UN, and the United States neither the Clyne Faction or the Colonial army can be considered terrorist.
CB never attacked civillian, they attacked the government and the military, the same with Clyne, no

dun tell me the difference is that in Clyne faction they have a singer that is ppl's favourite hence making them a no terrorist
indr0008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 05:17   Link #663
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Also, what about riots? Rebellions? Is that war? Do the CB kill the people protesting because they don't have enough food? Do they kill the people protesting that the CB killed their loved ones? When does it stop? And what about independance talks? Does that mean that no matter how much people want to be independant, and break free of various discriminatory practices in their countries, they can't, or the CB will kill them? And let's not even get into religious conficts.
i thought so far CB had only attacked those 'movements' that were dealt with arms, they did not just go to and rampaged any 'movements'
indr0008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 06:05   Link #664
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
People don't go to war for the fun of it. If you want to stop a war, you have to deal with is causes. Pointing a big gun can only work for so long.
Exactly. But then again this is a series where a Gundam attack can make a terrorist organization stop its activity, so I reckon they will follow the might makes peace routine and to hell with politics or causes of war. Not that I see how stopping the causes of war can shown in any more believable way than the might makes peace routine, mind you, and the latter is obviously much more action-packed, so no wonder it takes most of the attention while the political goals of the CBs are mostly just hinted.

Quote:
Does that mean that no matter how much people want to be independant, and break free of various discriminatory practices in their countries, they can't, or the CB will kill them? And let's not even get into religious conficts.
Yes, if they want to stop wars so much, they should be prepared to force other solutions instead, in other words to basically rule the world. If they don't, the outcome would be that the status quo (which they regard as something bad) will remain and the main difference will be that the wars will become more clandestine - in other words guerrilla warfare, secret services operations and so on. Unless they can stop that with Gundam attacks, too.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 07:17   Link #665
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
i thought so far CB had only attacked those 'movements' that were dealt with arms, they did not just go to and rampaged any 'movements'
My point is that by pulling the governments' teeth, you open the door to all kinds of problems the CB seem unwilling and unable to deal with. First, you have to decide what to do with the police. Do you allow them to keep their weapons and be an ersatz army, or do you let anarchy rule? What do you do when Rwandan start killing each other with machettes? Or any other kind of feuding people?

If there's neither army nor police, what's keeping people from rioting and pillaging? Anything from tax evasion to ethnic cleansing?

And what do you do when one group starts trouble on the basis of "I don't care if we're all killed by the CB, as long as the other guys die too"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
No. It wasn't CB's mission to unite the world, it's mission was to exterminate war. (Though uniting should be one possible way to achieve this)

If people wanted independence, they could have get it. Assuming a world, in which CB succeeded and all states disbanded their military: Who would have stopped those people from claiming their independence (peacefully)? The government couldn't, since they wouldn't have a military to do so. And if they did, CB would step in again and crush them.
They can ask peacefully. And the government can tell them no. Then what?
Old 2008-10-23, 07:40   Link #666
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What about those miriades of cases where you just don't know who started it? What does it even mean to "start it"? When the police arrest peaceful protesters, have they started it? When protesters throw a stone at the police, have they started it?

What about contested territories? Who's started it, then?

Quite simply, what about all those problems that require warm boots and diplomacy, rather than big explosions?
Old 2008-10-23, 09:29   Link #667
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
Is Lyle an elite in Kataron?
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 14:22   Link #668
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
As interessting as this discussion is, I think it's really off-topic in this episode thread. Maybe someone should request a new thread to move this discussion there...
We do have one:

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Military and Government Discussion Thread
Old 2008-10-23, 16:23   Link #669
4Tran

Quote:
As interessting as this discussion is, I think it's really off-topic in this episode thread. Maybe someone should request a new thread to move this discussion there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Good idea. I moved the last page of this thread to http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=58212. Please continue the discussion there.
Old 2008-10-23, 19:03   Link #670
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
CB never attacked civillian, they attacked the government and the military, the same with Clyne, no

dun tell me the difference is that in Clyne faction they have a singer that is ppl's favourite hence making them a no terrorist
I don't consider either CB or the Clyne Faction to be terrorist. The word is thrown around way to much because it deals with a certain type of group.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 22:29   Link #671
X207
Gamyūsa

i wonder wat they'll do with kyrios. i hope that it gets rebuilt and soma/marie will pilot it. since soma was reminded her of her real name i do feel that there's a possibility she might join CB but its a low possibility atm.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 23:41   Link #672
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i wonder wat they'll do with kyrios. i hope that it gets rebuilt and soma/marie will pilot it. since soma was reminded her of her real name i do feel that there's a possibility she might join CB but its a low possibility atm.
Kyrios is too outdated to be useful, just look at Exia, its got its ass kicked, I will guess that Soma/Marie will get some nice mecha, and hopefully Allejuah and her will get a combination attack.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 23:55   Link #673
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Kyrios is too outdated to be useful, just look at Exia, its got its ass kicked, I will guess that Soma/Marie will get some nice mecha, and hopefully Allejuah and her will get a combination attack.
Well lets remember the Exia was in pretty bad shape . But agree we probably won't see some repaired Kyrios being put out there. Though couldn't hurt to adapt something. Considering how much time they spent trying to capture a Gundam be kind of sad if they had absolutely no use for it.
Old 2008-10-24, 02:32   Link #674
Wolfen
So as I pray...

Another good episode. Can they keep it up for the whole season though?

Loved the attack on the prison, despite wtf moments with the world's worst security, the world's worst trained pistol shooters and the general unpreparedness of the A-LAWS to an attack they knew was coming.

Saji is slowly coming around I think, a good look at what A-LAWS have been doing should be enough to make him see the differences between them and CB, especially the new CB. I wonder how long it will be before he and Louise meet.

Aleluja is amazing. Just out of close confinement, looks like complete crap, brand new Gundam he's never seen before and STILL he kicks everyone's arse within seconds of getting into the sky.

Lyle is becoming more and more interesting. He shows litttle surprise at anything he sees, is obviously a more experienced MS pilot than he wants people to believe, took to Lockon's sniper rig like he'd used it before and was just a little too amused and smug when he asked what Neil used to say when entering combat. I don't think it'll happen but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be Neil back from the dead.

Wolfen.

Wolfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 02:44   Link #675
JediNight
キズランダム

Bored early-morning nitpick about the A-Laws carrier in this episode:

They have seemingly endless supplies of missiles coming out of those multi-launchers, but when they switch to beam weaponry after the dispersion is gone there are no missile bays to be seen on the ship. Not even an outline of a panel like they were retracted.

That concludes my early-morning nitpick. Goodnight
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 04:22   Link #676
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Why not study its concept? As far as I know, Kyrios is the best transformable MS out there, isn't it?
Old 2008-10-24, 04:43   Link #677
Wolfen
So as I pray...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Why not study its concept? As far as I know, Kyrios is the best transformable MS out there, isn't it?
Were there any transformable MS at all before Kyrios appeared?

If not, I'd have had my engineers and scientists all over that thing as soon as I got it. A variable form, multi-role vehicle with proven combat superiority would be the holy grail of MS producers everywhere.

Wolfen.

Old 2008-10-24, 05:38   Link #678
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfen View Post
Were there any transformable MS at all before Kyrios appeared?
Wolfen.
Flags and Enacts.
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 06:02   Link #679
Wolfen
So as I pray...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
Flags and Enacts.
Well. That shows how well I remember season 1.

Guess I'll have to go back and watch it again.

Wolfen.

Old 2008-10-24, 06:03   Link #680
Sides

Realdo and Hellion were also transformable, in a sense.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote