AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-13, 05:36   Link #1
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hayate no Gotoku OVA, Expectations and Speculation

This thread is to discuss your expectations on the new Hayate no Gotoku OVA (announced with the 50th issue of Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine).

A discussion thread (with poll) will be created when the OVA has been released (at this time AnimeSuki will consider it as unlicensed) so please use this thread to speculate and discuss what story elements will be used along with your expectations of this 0th episode of the second season.

Mentioned Weekly Shounen Sunday magazine, we'll be seeing an OVA release, which will be classed as episode 0 of the second season. The details for the OVA will be announced soon, and i hope along with second season information.

Source~

I wonder if they'll use manga material or go with their own material.

Last edited by xris; 2008-11-14 at 05:27.
Old 2008-11-13, 07:43   Link #2
brocko

Episode 0 of Hayate 2 announced in the 50th issue of Shonen Sunday!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...to-ship-on-dvd

Woot! More Hayate!

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2008-11-14 at 09:01.
Old 2008-11-13, 20:27   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Episode 0 of Hayate 2 to ship with 50th issue of Shonen Sunday!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...to-ship-on-dvd

Woot! More Hayate!
I think you've got it a bit wrong --- it was the 50th issue that the news about the OV was in.
Old 2008-11-14, 09:00   Link #4
brocko

My mistake. Lemme go fix that up right now lol =P

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2008-11-15, 05:32   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Thanks for the news.

Episode 0? I smell End of the World arc.
Depends on how long the OVA is meant to be but personally I don't think they'll be playing that card. The "End of the World" arc is one of the most favorite story so far, so that would be like their Ace card... Besides, there are still a lot of arcs that needs to come first...

Chances are, the ova would be a 20-30 min original episode.
Old 2008-11-15, 06:17   Link #6
delacroix01
Whatever

Quote:
The "End of the World" arc is one of the most favorite story so far
I agree. And just when I began reading chapter 200, I was full of surprise. This is really good news for me, since I love this series.
Old 2008-11-15, 22:29   Link #7
x33Hayate

I hope it will come out soon...I really love the show
Old 2008-11-15, 22:43   Link #8
herbert

I was kidding. Of course they won't put EotW arc up this soon.
Old 2008-12-08, 17:49   Link #9
herbert

Old 2008-12-15, 01:16   Link #10
rg4619

OVA staff list:

Director: Yoshiaki Iwasaki (Love Hina, Gokujo Seitokai, Zero no Tsukaima S1, Sky Girls)
Structure: Yousuke Kuroda (Onegai Teacher, Infinite Ryvius, Honey & Clover, Gokujo Seitokai, etc.)
Screenplay: Taku Sato
Character Design: Masahiro Fujii (Mahoraba, Zero no Tsukaima series)
Colour Design: Yukiko Itou
Sound Director: Jun Watanabe
Music: Kotaro Nakagawa (Hayate S1, Planetes, Code Geass)

Animation Production: J.C.STAFF

I'm surprised that this announcement hasn't gotten much attention. Given that the coming release is billed as Episode 0 of Season 2, there's a good chance that this crew will also handle the TV series (unless the plan is to commission a one-shot Season 2 prelude from this team, which seems strange).
Old 2008-12-17, 03:08   Link #11
neothe0ne

Concerning that, I'm not sure if I want J.C.Staff to replace Synergy...
Old 2008-12-17, 23:33   Link #12
delacroix01
Whatever

Meh, I don't think I want JC Staff to do this. I still prefer Synergy instead. They always do long series, yet their animation quality don't drop so much like with JC Staff.
Old 2008-12-19, 20:19   Link #13
Darkoff
Nipaah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delacroix01 View Post
Meh, I don't think I want JC Staff to do this. I still prefer Synergy instead. They always do long series, yet their animation quality don't drop so much like with JC Staff.
i totally agree with you, but we can all hope that JC Staff will atleast have the "exact" same animation as Synergy.
Old 2008-12-28, 20:48   Link #14
brocko

Lets hope JC Staff is only handling the OVA then.

Ever since Synergy so precisely mirrored the Gurren Lagann artstyle during some of the Gurren Lagann parodies, I've had a tremendous amount of respect for them.

Old 2008-12-29, 08:10   Link #15
delacroix01
Whatever

Quote:
Ever since Synergy so precisely mirrored the Gurren Lagann artstyle during some of the Gurren Lagann parodies, I've had a tremendous amount of respect for them.
Well, if you look at the credit of that episode, you'll see GAINAX in the list. But anyway, Synergy did a really good job for the 1st season, in my opinion. I love the way they parodied it in the eyecatch. That was hilarious.
Old 2008-12-29, 22:23   Link #16
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by delacroix01 View Post
Well, if you look at the credit of that episode, you'll see GAINAX in the list. But anyway, Synergy did a really good job for the 1st season, in my opinion. I love the way they parodied it in the eyecatch. That was hilarious.
HAHA I KNEW IT! XD There's been an inkling inside of me that thought so for so long now. I knew they just have to have gotten some Gainax animators into the mix somehow

Old 2009-01-08, 15:29   Link #17
Aurelia aurita
???

March 6th. Click for the website announcement. (And the second season this spring)

And a scan from something:
click to go to full size
Old 2009-02-12, 20:12   Link #18
Darkoff
Nipaah!

We're getting close people!
Old 2009-02-18, 23:37   Link #19
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

JCStaff are starting to get a bit of a reputation for turning out rather ordinary sequels. I like the idea of a Hayate sequel, but after hearing it's going out to JCStaff... well, I'm a little bit nervous now.
Old 2009-02-19, 22:30   Link #20
rg4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
JCStaff are starting to get a bit of a reputation for turning out rather ordinary sequels. I like the idea of a Hayate sequel, but after hearing it's going out to JCStaff... well, I'm a little bit nervous now.
I think it depends on the production companies in charge. GENCO might not care too much about quality since they push out sequels on a yearly basis. The circumstances aren't right (different creative staff and/or studio) and they're offering a production team little time, but for the sponsors, the show must go on. In that sense, it's hard to blame the animators when so many limitations are placed on them.

Nodame Cantabile, Honey & Clover, Genshiken/Kujibiki Unbalance, Zero no Tsukaima, and Ikkitousen were all produced like this. Unsurprisingly, the results vary, depending on the financing and on who handles a project.

However, Hayate is a Shogakukan initiative, so the circumstances might just be better (SynergySP would likely have trouble too if Shogakukan had mandated a sequel in 2008 and with a new staff). They announced this project nearly a year ago, so the team has hopefully received adequate time to prepare.
Closed Thread