AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-28, 16:32   Link #61
Deathscyther

Minori is really interesting. I actually like her character, especially in the later novels. She's not just the cheery hyperactive girl we know from school.

No matter how much I like her though...I don't think she'd go well with Ryuuji....their personalities just don't match very well :/ I think even Kitamaru would be a better match for her to be honest.
Old 2008-11-29, 00:03   Link #62
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Anou ne~ It's Kitamura~ Not Kitamaru. And I agree , Kitamura-kun matches Minori than Taiga. But you never know.
Old 2008-11-29, 14:59   Link #63
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

On the frivolous "let's shag each other senseless" level I agree that Minori and Kitamura seem to click, but on the soulmate level I wonder if Kitamura even has one, I think that she goes much better with Ryuuji, although that doesn't mean she'll end up with him due to the Taiga scenario situation.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2008-11-30, 10:06   Link #64
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Kitamura liked Taiga. it's possible to still have those feelings. He just doesn't show it much. He's good enough to be able to understand (or even join) Minori's craziness and Taiga's violent streaks. I say he's a good character.
Old 2008-12-01, 07:33   Link #65
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I've started to like Minori after watching episode 9.

At the first few episodes I thought she is only a shallow character, who's main purpose is comic relief. After episode 9 though, I realized that I misjudged her character. She's smarter than she looks and after the "ghost conversation" between her and Ryuji, it's possible that Minor likes Ryuuji all along but she's still undecided whether to reveal it or not.

*all speculation based on the anime, I haven't read the novel

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-12-01 at 08:20.
Old 2008-12-06, 05:33   Link #66
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I've started to like Minori after watching episode 9.
I didn't like Minori all that much in the beginning. Though, I started to really like her a few episodes ealier than the latest one.

I feel like wanting to know more about her at this point.
Old 2008-12-06, 17:03   Link #67
Voitan

Minori's GAR levels were off the charts so I naturally found her to be awesome.
Old 2008-12-06, 18:23   Link #68
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I didn't like Minori all that much in the beginning. Though, I started to really like her a few episodes ealier than the latest one.

I feel like wanting to know more about her at this point.
I'm quite glad there's someone else who is almost on the same line of thought about Minori. As I'm implying on a previous post, Minori didn't catch my attention too much because I thought she was just a shallow character. However, episode 9 changed my perspective completely and episode 10 backs up the facts even more.

With the way things are headed though, it's impossible for Minori to end up with Ryuuji.
Taiga is still the lead girl after all.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-12-07 at 08:18.
Old 2008-12-06, 19:15   Link #69
Voitan

I think her break-out moment for me when she was confronting Ryuuji on the school rooftop and went overkill with the misconception of Ryuuji's and Taiga's pairing and then Kitamura joined in.
Old 2008-12-07, 00:31   Link #70
bloodyknight

To me, the way she acted seems to be just her personality.

But i can't shake off the feeling that she is forcing herself to do all that...

especially after the episode where she is alone with Ryuugi...

She is hiding something and trying her best to forget all about it and go on with her life...

That is brave of her and we should hope that this really solve her troubles.

Because, usually, running away or ignoring it doesn't.
Old 2008-12-07, 03:50   Link #71
Tiran86

I like cheerful energetic girls like Minori to begin with, but I really like that doesn't seem to be the only facet of her personality.

Minori's a great character. She stands out a lot more in the anime than the novels imho (up to where B-T has updated)

I'm intrigued to see if she'll find her ghosts or not within the series. Episode 10 hinted that she might fall for Ryuuji and definitely strengthened their friendship. Despite what Ami says, I think she suits Ryuuji nicely.
Old 2008-12-07, 04:19   Link #72
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
She doesn't suit him all that much. Ami is speaking the truth after all. The one that suits him the best is Ami, then Taiga... Monori is on the end of the list...Though she will definately straighten her relationship in the future, they simply cannot become a good couple... There is no real chemistry between them as there is between Ami/Taiga and Ryuuji.
Old 2008-12-07, 05:05   Link #73
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
She doesn't suit him all that much. Ami is speaking the truth after all. The one that suits him the best is Ami, then Taiga... Monori is on the end of the list...Though she will definately straighten her relationship in the future, they simply cannot become a good couple... There is no real chemistry between them as there is between Ami/Taiga and Ryuuji.
Ami is really truthful with that, espiecially with that note on how the Moon can also give off light.

What I don't get about Minori is how serious she is about Ryuuji. Does she know of his level of love for her or does she worry about putting him down easy? And I'm still trying to figure out how she and Taiga became friends. She isn't mean to everyone, so perhaps that is the reason?
Old 2008-12-07, 05:53   Link #74
Tiran86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Oh, I agree that Taiga and Ami click better with Ryuuji than Minori does, but I do think their relationship could work. I can see where they would have some issues, but to say they have no chemistry at all? Maybe not on the level of Ami and Ryuuji or Taiga and Ryuuji, but they did grow closer in the past few episodes. Why do you think they have no chemistry at all?

That all depends on whether Minori ever developed those kinds of feelings for Ryuuji though. If she doesn't the issue is moot anyway.
Old 2008-12-07, 08:01   Link #75
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I am influenced by the novel reading I have with to admit (as I read further on). You dont have to be a novel reader to see that Monori and Ryuuji is moving and keep on moving closer, showing the likely possibility of Moinori falling in love with Ryuuji.

But the problem is with Ryuuji, who like Taiga is not in love with hsi crush. Minori is a crush but not a real love.

Spoiler for blah blah:
Old 2008-12-08, 22:13   Link #76
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Minorin is the shining light of this show for me, irrespective of whether she ends up with Ryuuji. Her genki behavior is obviously an overcompensation for her deeply insecure nature - and that makes her all the more adorable for me. She's also deeply introspective (as witness the superbly involving "ghost talk" with Ryuuji) so on some level she must be aware that her facade is just that. But she still can't let her guard down and lower the facade long enough to let anyone get too close. The fact that she let Ryuuji get closer than anyone else says something about her feelings for him.

And of course, Horie Yui is a Goddess among seiyuu.
Old 2008-12-16, 20:57   Link #77
Atheuz

I like every character in this anime except for Minori and Kitamura, I honestly can not stand her and she's really just not getting any better as the anime progresses, at least that's what it's like for me, not better as I've seen several times now happen to other watchers of this anime.

Last edited by Atheuz; 2008-12-17 at 21:29.
Old 2008-12-17, 13:22   Link #78
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

I dunno why Ami would be a match to Ryuuji since their personalities are polar opposites. Why would someone who constantly goes out of their way for other people want to be with someone who thinks they're better than everyone else? Perhaps I'm missing something because I only watch the anime. It seems like Ami only wants to be with Ryuuji because she thinks his presence can fill the void that her personality creates and that someone like Ryuuji should belong to her alone. (I.E. not Taiga)

Really I could see Ryuuji ending up with any of the 3 female leads, but I think Ami finishes last out of the 3. Anime intuition tells me Ryuuji/Taiga will end up being in other relationships and realizing how much they'd rather be with the other. Time will tell I suppose.

P.S. I love Minorin and Ami and hate Kitamura.
Old 2008-12-18, 21:09   Link #79
Fran~
floating away...

The whole Ghost and Ufo thing remind me Haruhi... and Ryuuji, somehow, Kyon

But more serious, Minori remind me a friend of mine, behind her "happy" attitude it was a very insecure personality, like a masquerade that she use to hide this feelings. As she said "no one cares on happy people", and clearly, she doesnt want anybody to care on her.... it was sad to me, anytime i see people like Minori, i remember that... behind a happy face could it be not a happy person.
Old 2008-12-19, 04:16   Link #80
FateAnomaly

Ya, i kinda like Minorin too but under that over genki personality probably lies something sad.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, drama