AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-08, 11:31   Link #17561
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

will the Touhou characters be eligible for nomination considering this news?

if so, fuck yes for Reimu, Marisa, and Sakuya. great cast is great.
Old 2008-12-08, 13:33   Link #17562
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Also, Kyouka-sama as the wind god- SHAMEIMARU! So fitting.
Old 2008-12-08, 15:24   Link #17563
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

lol i'm so shocked at some of the voice actors they got for the touhou girls o_0 how is this group even paying for this lmao

Rena/nagisa as Reimu

Shinku as Marisa

Kyouka/Ayano as Aya

i haven't heard more then 2 roles from Mikako Takahashi, being Ayumu from HnG, and Chrono/Caro from the msln series

Maria/gin for Sakuya D: i'd say take Gins evil voice and maria's happy voice and find the happy medium ~_~

i dont know the VA's for Remilia or Suika at all

and lol @ Sanae from Clannad as the Narrator
Old 2008-12-08, 15:26   Link #17564
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyCanuck View Post
lol i'm so shocked at some of the voice actors they got for the touhou girls o_0 how is this group even paying for this lmao
Just Rie Tanaka's pay will be massive headache.
Old 2008-12-08, 15:27   Link #17565
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyon.haruhi.suzumiya View Post
Just Rie Tanaka's pay will be massive headache.
Hahaha. I really have no idea how much seiyuu make on average, but I can believe this.
Old 2008-12-08, 15:30   Link #17566
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishi View Post
Hahaha. I really have no idea how much seiyuu make on average, but I can believe this.
I mean, after Lacus Clyne, Rie Tanaka must be a big earner now, like Megumi Hayashibara (seiyuu of Rei Ayanami)
Old 2008-12-08, 17:16   Link #17567
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by frustra View Post
will the Touhou characters be eligible for nomination considering this news?

if so, fuck yes for Reimu, Marisa, and Sakuya. great cast is great.
Oh, holy cow... you want me to make a ruling on that now? Damn, I did say all-time...

All I can say in this case is just nominate away and we'll decide on that then...
Old 2008-12-08, 19:58   Link #17568
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Oh, holy cow... you want me to make a ruling on that now? Damn, I did say all-time...

All I can say in this case is just nominate away and we'll decide on that then...
There will be some big changes to my nominations then
Old 2008-12-09, 00:54   Link #17569
uis

What ???? look like my saimoe next year will make me lol...
*many character i like plus Patchy... Reimu...Aya and Marisa...*

Need change to my nomination first...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2008-12-09, 01:51   Link #17570
chaosprophet

Quote:

Isn't better if you decide before the nomination? Because it would be unfair if people nominate these characters and they are not accepted... because they give up their chance to nominate others...
Old 2008-12-09, 03:53   Link #17571
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

My vote is to allow it.

Does Saimoe Japan have a rule about the max number of girls one series can have represented?

We're not afraid of a Touhou flood in ISML are we? If it's just 3 or 4 girls, I won't mind.
Old 2008-12-09, 04:15   Link #17572
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

My vote is to wait and see what the episode/series has to offer.

I don't think there is much worry about a Touhou flood though. A Clannad flood is much more likely, since we're damn well near it already.
Old 2008-12-09, 04:23   Link #17573
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Isn't better if you decide before the nomination? Because it would be unfair if people nominate these characters and they are not accepted... because they give up their chance to nominate others...
I cannot make an official ruling on any girl at all (okay, I got to loosen up on the italics), and that includes even Hatsune Miku and Kyonko, even though you can tell for sure I'll nix them on the spot. The reason being is that while said candidate may not be eligible now, there may be a time between now and nominations when an anime all of a sudden appears out of nowhere, as is the Touhou Project that includes Reimu, and suddenly changes the game, and that in turn affects nominations.

In short, while you have a point that it is unfair to the voters, it is also unfair to the candidates themselves to be nixed out of the equation before applications are posted onto the internet, or so to speak.

This is the official ruling on everyone (and I will post this about two weeks before the nomination round): as of this point, no one is barred from taking part in the nominations. The background check takes place immediately after the nominations, and it is then that we will start nixing people. I advise strongly, however, that all voters should nominate candidates that have a guaranteed shot at actually passing background check rather than taking a chance at girls who are completely borderline at the moment.

I will be happy to make unofficial rulings on potential candidates if you have a question on who passes background check and who doesn't. As far as the Touhou Project thing, I would rather hold off until it actually comes out or the nomination phase, whichever comes first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
My vote is to wait and see what the episode/series has to offer.

I don't think there is much worry about a Touhou flood though. A Clannad flood is much more likely, since we're damn well near it already.
I say in addition to Nagisa + Kyou + Kotomi + Tomoyo + Fuuko, we may have an influx of Mei + Sanae + Yukine + Ryou and maybe even more, which could make a staggering 9 representatives, completely overthrowing the "vote in at least 8 arenas rule", extended from last year's 4 to prevent a full series and full series only vote. We may extend the 8 limit depending on how many series will have how many representatives.
Old 2008-12-09, 04:34   Link #17574
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
I say in addition to Nagisa + Kyou + Kotomi + Tomoyo + Fuuko, we may have an influx of Mei + Sanae + Yukine + Ryou and maybe even more, which could make a staggering 9 representatives, completely overthrowing the "vote in at least 8 arenas rule", extended from last year's 4 to prevent a full series and full series only vote. We may extend the 8 limit depending on how many series will have how many representatives.
Well, if you consider that, MISAE may even make it, if things go on like this. KyoAni power!

We already have:

CLANNAD: Nagisa + Kyou + Kotomi + Tomoyo + Fuuko
(and Mei + Sanae + Yukine + Ryou + Misae?)

KANON: Mai + Sayuri + Nayu + Ayu

TMoHS: Haruhi + Yuki + Mikuru

Lucky Star: Kagami + Tsukasa + Konata

That's going to be one huge KyoAni party.
Old 2008-12-09, 04:44   Link #17575
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Well, if you consider that, MISAE may even make it, if things go on like this. KyoAni power!

We already have:

CLANNAD: Nagisa + Kyou + Kotomi + Tomoyo + Fuuko
(and Mei + Sanae + Yukine + Ryou + Misae?)

KANON: Mai + Sayuri + Nayu + Ayu

TMoHS: Haruhi + Yuki + Mikuru

Lucky Star: Kagami + Tsukasa + Konata

That's going to be one huge KyoAni party.
Well, I'm predicting that a maximum of four from Clannad will make it, in addition to quite possibly Kanon's Makoto Sawatari. But given that Kanon is slowly disappearing from the face of the planet, we may have pretty much a LOT of Clannad by 2010, and only Mai and Ayu to back them up...
Old 2008-12-09, 04:49   Link #17576
chaosprophet

Quote:
That would generate a strong Clannad hate... at least from menbers of animesuki.
People should be happy that TMoHS don't have as many female characters as Clannad...at least not until later on the novels.
Old 2008-12-09, 04:50   Link #17577
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
That would generate a strong Clannad hate... at least from menbers of animesuki.
People should be happy that TMoHS don't have as many female characters as Clannad...at least not until later on the novels.
oye, let's not go far off into the distance yet shall we?
Old 2008-12-09, 04:57   Link #17578
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
And on JC Staff's list, Shana's VERY lonely.
Only on Zero no Tsukaima, Louise Francoise is there.
Really, KyoAni might flood us later, esp. with Munto and Little Busters coming soon.

EDIT: If Sanae gets in, I want Chigusa (yes, that Chigusa egging Shana and Yuuji on) on ISML '09.
Old 2008-12-09, 04:59   Link #17579
chaosprophet

Quote:
If it ever happen! As they would probably only appear on a third season.

Edit:

Quote:
And on JC Staff's list, Shana's VERY lonely.
Only on Zero no Tsukaima, Louise Francoise is there.
Really, KyoAni might flood us later, esp. with Munto and Little Busters coming soon.
SnS and ZnT are examples of series where others female characters are not as interesting than the main one (SnS more than ZnT). Where Clannad comes from a visual novel so at least the five main characters have a good amount of development on their respective routes (and that means more material for the anime to all five of them).

I really expect that the same that happens with SnS doesn't happen with Toradora. I think all three main female charcters are very interesting and moe in their own way.

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2008-12-09 at 05:13.
Old 2008-12-09, 09:58   Link #17580
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

I don't think there's a Clannad crusade to fear. The show still has a few moe characters left and KyoAni magic will almost certainly get some of them in, but I wouldn't expect them to take top spots this time around. The "damage" would be far greater if KyoAni started something new instead of Clannad After Story. Characters that are mediocre within their own show fare terribly in ISML anyway. They are more dangerous to their allies in inter-show matches than to their true opponents.

Touhou making ripples as always... ripples of 495 years.

And btw Minhtam, do the matches in Katowice take place in Spodek or is there some new venue "under construction for moe purposes" I should look out for ;)?
Closed Thread

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe