AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-17, 19:42   Link #41
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Reluctance isn't laziness. She doesn't want to use her power because she doesn't like being used. I'd say her flaw is selfishness. She is only thinking about herself and not looking at the bigger picture.
Yeah, episode 6 made me saw that in her. Even if she doesn't want to be used for her abilities there are circumstances she musn't let everything go that way.

With Layfon's reasoning to agree to her brother's request (which is to help fight a Filth Monster they are about to encounter in the coming ep 7) she should realize why she needs to fight as well.
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 14:24   Link #42
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
She may not be useless, but I don't see how anyone can say she's the 2nd most powerful either. So far she's really only demonstrated niche abilities while most other people haven't been shown at all. She probably will end up as a focal character due to the amount of screentime she gets but I think it's a little preemptive to rank anyone yet.
Momosan is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 15:16   Link #43
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Who are the "most people" you are talking about?

I don't put any hope on the faces we have seen so far. Perhaps there are hidden characters with great power we haven't seen, but SO FAR, as you say, Felli is the second best.

The Martial art captain, so far, is nothing impressive. He could barely handle the bug from Ep4. Felli killed it. If that's the best those student can get, probably none of them would beat Felli 1v1 either.
Cinocard is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 16:10   Link #44
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momosan View Post
She may not be useless, but I don't see how anyone can say she's the 2nd most powerful either. So far she's really only demonstrated niche abilities while most other people haven't been shown at all. She probably will end up as a focal character due to the amount of screentime she gets but I think it's a little preemptive to rank anyone yet.
Well, I didn't say 2nd most powerful, but 2nd most useful behind Layfon. I think it's rather hard to argue against this. As for power rankings, I assume we're talking about Zuellni only cause I'm betting the bunch in Grenden are way more powerful than anyone in Zuellni. As for Zuellni, I don't know...so far I'm really not impressed with anyone other than Layfon. Felli is the only one that's exhibited any power worth noting. So as far as what we've been shown in the series, yes I'd say Felli probably is the 2nd most powerful. That's not to say there might not be someone else who hasn't shown up yet...but I have my doubts on that.
__________________
zalem is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 16:32   Link #45
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Well, I didn't say 2nd most powerful, but 2nd most useful behind Layfon. I think it's rather hard to argue against this. As for power rankings, I assume we're talking about Zuellni only cause I'm betting the bunch in Grenden are way more powerful than anyone in Zuellni. As for Zuellni, I don't know...so far I'm really not impressed with anyone other than Layfon. Felli is the only that's exhibited any power worth noting. So as far as what we've been show in the series, yes I'd say Felli probably is the 2nd most powerful. That's not to say there might not be someone else who hasn't shown up yet...but I have my doubts on that.
Well all we know about Felli is that she's an extremely powerful pyschokinesist. It's hard to say where she ranks because we've never seen her use it to its full power. Not only that we have yet to see many other besides the 17th Platoon fight. We have yet to see what her brother, Baldy, and the Blonde girl can do yet either. It's way too early to draw a conclusion based only on her reputation. Not only that there is the difference between her role and a normal fighters role. She's support. We can say she's the most powerful pyschokinesist we have seen in Zuellni (only one?) but not much more than that.
__________________
Slick_rick is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 17:05   Link #46
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Which is why I said "so far as what we've been shown." From what we have seen she seems to be the 2nd most powerful, no one else has shown much talent. This is all speculation of course.

I only said I have some doubts because based on what characters they've been focusing on and what we've been shown I was starting to think we weren't going to get many new characters introduced from the Zuellni side. I mean, they were already attacked by the bugs and no one there beyond Layfon showed any strength whatsoever. But I totally forgot blondie and baldy even existed though, so maybe their introduction will bring in some stronger characters.
__________________
zalem is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 17:34   Link #47
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungry
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Felli being currently the second most powerfull character is just speculation because she's an extremely talented phsichokinesist an very relucant to show her powers, and even with that she can beat that guardian thing that make serious problem for the other guy...
As for Nina and the Filth babies: we didn't see her to kill one but somehow the swarm didn't get into the city until Layfon arrives, so i guess she killed some...She not THAT weak.
As for Felli X Fon-fon: she did the most effort for him but for me it seems that his toughts more fixated about Nina somehow...not that he likes her(no way that early) but attracted to her. In sense the thing what he does now mostly because of Nina's influence...So i think even if Felli has the most scenes with him she got a strong competitor in Nina(and Leerin) even if Nina don't see Layfon in that way...
willyvereb is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 18:02   Link #48
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I suppose what I was trying to say was, "There's no reason to rate anyone since everyone is trash compared to Layfon." Obviously the show won't leave them all as trash so until everyone goes through their powerup phase and learn to not be useless there isn't much reason to rate them.

Episode 4 kind of threw me for a loop. The right hand man of the SCP got dominated by some bug replicant but Felli was able to kill it? What's the point of having a military arts division when it's (assumedly) higher ranking members can't even manage bugs which they are familiar with and aware of? I could understand if maybe it was some kind of unexpected occurance but they knew it was there and he was sent alone purposefully. Why send someone to take care of something when they obviously can't do it?
Momosan is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 18:22   Link #49
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Because Filth monsters are not something they are used to. In Ep5, it feels like it was the first time they've ever had to face a bug attack. And they have zero experience, so the think you talk about isn't so "obvious" either.
As you said, they are quite a bunch of garbage.

I assume you commented on Felli when hadn't watch all of the current Ep yet?
Cinocard is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 18:45   Link #50
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungry
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
ok..he's talking about the Guardian(tentacle monster) in ep 4...the right hand man of the Chairman was unable to defeat it while Felli somewhat easily...the problem not with Felli's probable superior strenght but with the fact that they're sending in an investigator who can't handle the mess...
I think Felli's "power up" just means that she uses her power more, and she'll only got some kind of power up near the end...
Anyways Felli is the most usefull teammate next to Layfon in the team...her character is quite funny with her "jealusy" and constant anger attacks...
willyvereb is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 19:01   Link #51
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
ok..he's talking about the Guardian(tentacle monster) in ep 4...the right hand man of the Chairman was unable to defeat it while Felli somewhat easily...the problem not with Felli's probable superior strenght but with the fact that they're sending in an investigator who can't handle the mess...
I think Felli's "power up" just means that she uses her power more, and she'll only got some kind of power up near the end...
Anyways Felli is the most usefull teammate next to Layfon in the team...her character is quite funny with her "jealusy" and constant anger attacks...
Well he wasn't sent their to fight the guardian. He said he went to check out if anything dangerous was left in the building before they demolished it. He certainly wasn't expecting to be in such a dangerous situation.

I don't really like or dislike Felli. Seems she more of a comedic side character and fetish fodder for the fans. She doesn't really interest me.
__________________
Slick_rick is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 19:26   Link #52
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by momosan
Episode 4 kind of threw me for a loop. The right hand man of the SCP got dominated by some bug replicant but Felli was able to kill it? What's the point of having a military arts division when it's (assumedly) higher ranking members can't even manage bugs which they are familiar with and aware of? I could understand if maybe it was some kind of unexpected occurance but they knew it was there and he was sent alone purposefully. Why send someone to take care of something when they obviously can't do it?
Yea dude I was pretty dissapointed on this too. I had expectations of Vance from ep 2 where I thought he's going to be a badass but lol moot. I understand Felli was meant to be a genius and all but come on it's the right hand of the president we're talking here and the head of the military arts divisions itself and he's getting owned by a monster within his jurisdiction? Zuellni really needs to reshaped it's military.

Still ep 4 gives us maid and blob Felli so we couldn't actually complain about it.
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 20:27   Link #53
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 28
IMO, she defeated the thing not by direct hit using her power, but by some sort of a strategic thinking. So even if the guy engaging it before Felli did was the right hand man of the SCP... please let me know if I recalled it wrong... tried to use brute force against it.
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 22:14   Link #54
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
That's correct Soul Assassin. If I recall correctly they were trying to synthesize bugs to counteract the filth monsters but couldn't control them so they closed the place down. I assume the SCP knew there was still something in there which is why he sent his military arts croney in there to make sure nothing bad would happen. If you MADE the thing you should be well aware of it's capabilities. It makes no sense to send ineffective combat units to patrol hostile areas. It also makes no sense that Felli would be assigned to one of the worst squads yet be more capable than people who lead the division she's assigned to. I find it hard to believe Zuellni could have survived to this point when every single encounter a MA unit has with a filth monster results in complete failure.

Really, a more accurate representation of power would be:

1) Layfon
2) Gravity
3) Felli

While I do enjoy Felli's character... I get the feeling that half the people in this topic expect her to be shooting laser beams out of her eyes by the end of the series.
Momosan is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 22:31   Link #55
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momosan
2) Gravity
lol lol don't forget about 'weight'. It affects the force of gravity.
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-02-19, 02:36   Link #56
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momosan View Post
Episode 4 kind of threw me for a loop. The right hand man of the SCP got dominated by some bug replicant but Felli was able to kill it? What's the point of having a military arts division when it's (assumedly) higher ranking members can't even manage bugs which they are familiar with and aware of? I could understand if maybe it was some kind of unexpected occurance but they knew it was there and he was sent alone purposefully. Why send someone to take care of something when they obviously can't do it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momosan View Post
That's correct Soul Assassin. If I recall correctly they were trying to synthesize bugs to counteract the filth monsters but couldn't control them so they closed the place down. I assume the SCP knew there was still something in there which is why he sent his military arts croney in there to make sure nothing bad would happen. If you MADE the thing you should be well aware of it's capabilities. It makes no sense to send ineffective combat units to patrol hostile areas. It also makes no sense that Felli would be assigned to one of the worst squads yet be more capable than people who lead the division she's assigned to. I find it hard to believe Zuellni could have survived to this point when every single encounter a MA unit has with a filth monster results in complete failure.
You forgot 3 important points here
- SCP didn't made that thing..that project was started 30 years before the present time.
- Monster don't straight become an adult after they're born.We're talking about 30 years period here.
- Also its original purpose was to counter filth monsters outside Regios.

The monster that they saw inside the building i believed was an adult/mature form,most likely different from its form 30 years ago.After such a long period of time,the monster grew up to its adult form,so did its strength and power.What SCP and Vance expected was probably a leftover from that laboratory,probably a monster larvae or some kind of life form that they could handle,but they never expected it to be a monster in adult form.

And since its original purpose was to counter filth monsters,its strength should at least be near or in par with the filth monsters outside Regios.We all knew how strong filth monsters are as shown in episode 5,and it was kinda pointless to name it a guardian monster if its strength couldn't even match the strength of a filth monster.Even for Vance,he wouldn't stand a chance against a failed guardian monster with a strength like a filth monster,even if its was originally created in Zuellni.

Now why Felli could defeat it and Vance couldn't?My theory about it is because,probably the monster didn't eat anything for like 30 years..which reduced its strength by alot,but still enough to send Vance fly.However with such weak body,there's no way a monster could stand a huge rock hitting them from above?Being slashed by a sword,and being hit by a large rock/boulder are 2 different things...and obviously falling rock does more damage than a slashing sword...i guess?

Well that's just what i thought about it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momosan View Post
While I do enjoy Felli's character... I get the feeling that half the people in this topic expect her to be shooting laser beams out of her eyes by the end of the series.
No i don't expect her to beam a laser.I just expect her to do something moe...or at least an onsen/beach episode...or a romantic date with Fon fon at least
margafred is offline  
Old 2009-02-21, 05:26   Link #57
Aznbanana
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
I loveee Felli so much.. oooommm gggg the frilllllssss FRILLLLSSSSSSS ARE SO KAWAIIIII AHHH#$@#$! and the lolinesssss and the long white hair and omg @_@ she's so cool. K fanboyism off now.
Aznbanana is offline  
Old 2009-02-23, 01:57   Link #58
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Kinku
lol if Felli could use her flower petals like how Byakuya Kuchiki use his in his banki than she would be the most powerful character in the show...
__________________
☆● PeAcE N Love●☆
Kinku is offline  
Old 2009-02-23, 02:18   Link #59
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
lol if Felli could use her flower petals like how Byakuya Kuchiki use his in his banki than she would be the most powerful character in the show...
She is able to user her powers to that extent. Although she has her limits to her own power. If you get to watch episode 7 later on
Spoiler for ......:


Also not to mention that her abilities are more centered on surveillance and/or reconnaissance, and to blow up stuff like what she did in episode 4.
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2009-02-23, 03:02   Link #60
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Kinku
I dont think she could summon like million petals at once like Byakuya Kuchiki ... either way maybe if she use a more powerful dite maybe she can do more
__________________
☆● PeAcE N Love●☆
Kinku is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.