AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2009-03-20, 22:17   Link #81
Nosauz

No i mean hes never in a lasting/serious relationship. I never question his straightness I just don't find the sunohara gay end that bad as its quite comically done similarly to Genshiken II episode 5. Yes I know he hits on other females but really most of the time he comes off as playful and the girls don't really take him seriously.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 22:23   Link #82
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Poor Sunohara, because he IS serious.

And I never said the Gay End wasn't awesome.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 23:44   Link #83
Nosauz

Then thats my fault because usaully when people use gay they use it in a derogatory form, hell I know I use it in a derogatory form in replacement for lame. I know he's serious but his attempts come of as childish which in turn make them feel like hes not serious.
Old 2009-03-20, 23:46   Link #84
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Whaaa?

"GAY END" as in "An ending that involves the male lead in a homosexual relationship with another male character, (usually the secondary male lead) or something along those lines."

It's comparable to "BAD END" or "DEAD END" in terminology.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 00:03   Link #85
Nosauz

As I said I use geh/gay to refer to lame things, its not pc but I've grown up using it, and since I refer to it as the sunohara end, I thought the gay was used in a derogatory sense which it wasn't but just my mind associating my use for gay instead of just taking it for its literal meaning. My bad
Old 2009-03-21, 04:19   Link #86
TubZzz
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
i just finished watching Clannad and am looking forward to Clannad After Story... loved it so far lets see what After Story has to offer ^_^
TubZzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 04:35   Link #87
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
You know that this thread is spoiler territory, don't you?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 04:37   Link #88
TubZzz
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
yer i do... i didn't read through it or anything... just clicked on last page then posted my previous post ^_^
TubZzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 17:30   Link #89
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Poor Sunohara, because he IS serious.

And I never said the Gay End wasn't awesome.
I still dont get Sunohara's ending. why is he in a car driving?
Old 2009-03-21, 17:35   Link #90
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

He is either:
A. a taxi driver
B. learning to drive.
Old 2009-03-21, 18:30   Link #91
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
He is either:
A. a taxi driver
B. learning to drive.
for what reason?
Old 2009-03-21, 18:33   Link #92
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I think he is a taxi driver in training, they never mentioned his job. And besides it is stated that he took up a job to make ends meet in his family.

I was hoping he would be Tomoyo's personal chauffeur or something.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 18:44   Link #93
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I think he is a taxi driver in training, they never mentioned his job. And besides it is stated that he took up a job to make ends meet in his family.

I was hoping he would be Tomoyo's personal chauffeur or something.
for a character that provided such great comic relief i feel kinda bad he didn't have a well explained ending D:
I guess it isn't really KyoAni's fault. They did a damn good job making him a likable character. :\ They did a good job over all. like VRMN said, it is rare, but i felt extremely connected to all the characters and i actually cared.
Old 2009-03-21, 20:22   Link #94
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmandan View Post
for a character that provided such great comic relief i feel kinda bad he didn't have a well explained ending D:
I guess it isn't really KyoAni's fault. They did a damn good job making him a likable character. :\ They did a good job over all. like VRMN said, it is rare, but i felt extremely connected to all the characters and i actually cared.
Well I think that he is actually financially supporting Mei through her high school. Sunohara isn't that bad of a person, just a little idiotic and too honest. If he wasn't paired with one of the Fuji twins, it would be better if he is paired with that Sakagami girl.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 08:27   Link #95
zSolaris
Don't forget your lunch!

Send a message via MSN to zSolaris
Makes sense. 'Cept for the last one. Then again, that last scene just completely and totally made me go "o.O".
zSolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 06:02   Link #96
lann

Hey ya anime Suki. ive just signed up to share my less convoluted version of what the girl and robot storyline is all about.

for starters, its important to remember this is anime, not the game.

From what I have read and have seen, it's my representation that Akio (Nagisa'a father) runs to the big tree (where the hospital now is) with the dying Nagisa in his arms, and makes a wish to save her. The Town grants him this miracle by using the light orbs collected from around the town to save her. But in turn, this binds her life to the town, resulting in her fragile health due to this unnatural way of being kept alive. Nagisa dies in childbirth purely because the power the city gave to Nagisa wasn't enough to sustain 2 lives. The contract now passes on to Ushio, but the power fizzles out early in her life. The girl and robot storyline begins right after Ushio's death in the bad ending, in a world that represents the towns' spirit. Because of the contract, Ushios spirit is kept alive in this place, but she is now without her memories of who she was. Tomoya's strong will to stay by Ushios side forces him to die alongside Ushio, and he follows her to this new world, and assimilates into the robot that Ushio makes. Ushios memory of who she was and who the robot was in the real world come back when her human form is dying in the wintertime, and after realising what she needs to do, she uses her last bit of will power to collect the power from all the floating lights to change history itself, to make it so no tragedies ever happened.
In episode 22 she said she cant leave that world because she is the world, but at this point I don't think she knows exactly what she is. In the end, she still uses all the light orbs to change history. She assimilates with Ushio from the good future, and the robot too assimilates with Tomoya. In the 1st series Nagisa can 'see' parts of the other world with the girl that resides there, because of her contract with the city. Likewise Tomoya can 'see' it because a part of his soul is there in the robot. The reason why this can happen even if its not suppose to happen until the future is because the other world is purely the soul of the city/town. A soul isn't a timeframe, it's an essence. It can be now, the past or the future.
Sometimes throughout the anime you see the lights assimilate into the people. When this happened to Tomoya when he set his dad free, the power he obtained here could have been used to help his soul travel with Ushio in death.

Last edited by lann; 2009-09-21 at 16:00.
lann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 09:53   Link #97
coderlan
Student

^ More noob-friendly explanation would be nice but you have explained some bit things uncovered.
coderlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 10:03   Link #98
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

lol.

Kay.

Akio finds Nagisa almost dying.
Akio takes Nagisa to the forest (later cleared for hospital)
Akio prays/wishes for Nagisa to live
Nagisa is saved, but is bound to Illusionary World
Thus, Nagisa's weak
Nagisa + Tomoya = Ushio
Nagisa = x_X at Ushio birth
Ushio + Tomoya = x_X
Ushio + Tomoya = Illusionary girl + robot respectively
Ushio now tied to Illusinoary World instead of Nagisa
Orbs of light = people's happy feelings!
VN ONLY
Ushio makes Tomoya go back over and over again to collect orbs of light. Broken up amongst partners/people.
ANIME ONLY
Ushio makes Tomoya go back repeatedly, but he collects them all over 1 length of time, instead of it being split amongst partners/people. Sent back over and over until collects all of them.
HAPPY ENDING =D

Explanation of why Nagisa knows the story - repeating of history basically
Also why Tomoya knows the story - repetition of history/Illusionary World visits
OR
Souls are neither past, nor present, nor future - they are omnipresent. Memories can somehow be used...from the future...in the present... o.o

I think that's a more noob friendly explanation, =D
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 17:59   Link #99
coroloro

Firstly, as the first post said, this is a discussion about the end of Clannad so, spoilers are just gonna be here. So I'm not going to bother using the 'spoiler' feature- if you're reading this thread, you know you'll see talk about major parts of Clannad (the anime's) ending. I have not played the game myself, yet, but it sounds like the game really helps this all make sense, too. The initial explanation fits.

I, however, would like to propose a 'potential' ending that, I think, is interesting to think about- though I prefer the interpretations given at the start. They are much happier. But I noticed that the game left things 'up to us', they left wiggle room, and I don't know if anyone has yet proposed my 'alternate interpretation'.

Let's call it the "RI" or Clannad's "Realist Interpretation". This interpretation bears connections to elements of implications in the Evangelion anime, among others.

Events of life play out just like the anime shows us mostly. Main character meets Nagisa, falls in love, marries her. Ushio is born, Nagisa dies... he reconnects with Ushio.

Now, Ushio dies- and the main character, whose emotional state was crippled before and has only recently recouperated, snaps.

Total break with reality.

The 'going back' in his mind is in his mind, and when the 'miracle' happens, that's all in his mind. He lives in his own, happy, imaginary world where he is with his Wife and daughter again. But his daughter is dead, which is why we never see Ushio actually moving/speaking again.

Fuko finds what we see as the normal Ushio sleeping- but we see glimpses of 'another' Ushio, who is actually dead.

Yes, very depressing and I'm sure there are potential holes in it, as I haven't thought it out like some folks here have- and quite honestly, I much prefer the happy game-based interpretation. But it came to mind as an 'implied potential' ending, and it seems the sort that an anime might have- they love to play with your mind that way. I'm curious if anyone dabbled with the idea of this ending?

Please, no angry words/thoughts at me. I don't mean to break anyone's happy bubble- I much prefer the happy bubble myself. And I'm glad to see reasons to be assured my happy bubble is correct. But still, it's an interesting thought, a crazy Dad with his dead daughter in an imaginary world... and in the end, what if Fuko found the dead body of Ushio, and then was in turn killed by the main character, and is now 'sleeping' next to her? Hee hee hee :P Now we have the dead bodies of two girls, with the happy father madly sitting next to them and telling him the story of his imagary ending- this 'other ending' he remembers, what REALLY happened, a foggy dream.

Maybe not true, but fun to play with for the darker minded.

-Pat

Last edited by coroloro; 2011-03-01 at 18:02. Reason: added detail
coroloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 12:36   Link #100
Anchi

Ok, so, actually, everything was just a dream when Nagisa and Ushio died. LOL... Also, at the end, I wish they made a third season!
Anchi is offline   Reply With Quote