AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 24 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 14 16.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 27.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 22.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 14.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.53%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-03-22, 02:48   Link #61
Casshern

Huh? This is the last ep? Well that was anticlimactic...
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 03:11   Link #62
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Well, I like techno/magic rambling. I'm the type that enjoys the nitty gritty details behind a spell rather then just "fire da lazor!"

Admitedly they don't have to explain every spell (and certainly not when it interrupts the flow of a battle or worse the story in general), but mostly the extra info is most welcome.
Yes, as I said elsewhere earlier today, Index's genre is basically "preachy sci-fi". Nearly universally, the people complaining about the show's "preachy-ness" wanted it to be an action show (and maybe they thought, after watching the first few episodes, that that was what it was going to be). But if you like preachy sci-fi (and there's plenty of it on mainstream sci-fi TV, though less in anime), then this show and its level of exposition is usually okay. It's a slow-paced show with moments of action, not an action-packed show with moments of exposition. The balance isn't "wrong", it's just not what some (dare I suggest "less patient"? ) people wanted. And that's okay; ideally, this season will have weeded out those to whom it doesn't appeal.

The problem is, when next season rolls around, a lot of the same people will start watching the show again, and complain about the very same thing right here on this forum. Anime viewers, in general, seem to have very little wisdom or discernment. As much as I'd like to say "they should know better by now", that doesn't often seem to happen. After all, they watched the entire first season even after it became rather obvious that this is the sort of show that it is. See also Zero no Tsukaima, where the viewers come back like masochists only to complain bitterly about how the novels are being massacred -- again. And each time they act like it's some sort of new thing, like "I thought maybe it'd be different this time!" You know what they say about people who keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results...

Moral of the story: Now that people know what sort of show this is, hopefully they'll be able to make a smarter decision about whether this is the sort of show they want to watch. I, for one, will be very much looking forward to the continuation (and am very much enjoying re-watching the show on Blu-Ray).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Huh? This is the last ep? Well that was anticlimactic...
Well, it's pretty obviously not the end. It's just "the end for now". They're not even close to resolving any of the central plot points yet.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-03-22 at 03:22.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 08:19   Link #63
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Wow, that's it? Biri-biri didn't even get any action time. (Though that might explain why they're gonna make an anime from her spin-off manga. )

Though I never expected the golem to get stomped so easily by Hyouka. A while ago she was tossed around quite easily.

Overall, Toaru Majutsu no Index has been a massive letdown. The only saving grace are Index being a moe-blob, and Biri-biri, her clones and Kuroko. The other characters I hardly have any connection with (maybe Hyouka near the end, but that's about it). That said, even Index could have been put to better use rather than act as a mere moe-blob. Not to mention Touma is way too preachy as a protagonist.

The final two scenes with Crowley and Laura (voiced by Kawasumi Ayako, another Shana/ZnT regular) seem to hint at a sequel, but I'll wait and see if they do decide to do that. Until then, let's just see what Railgun will offer.

Quote:
Well done novel --> Novel rape --> Gets worse Shana
Rather poorly done novel --> No novel rape --> poor material all the same Index
(-_-)/ JC Staff, banzai~!
And then there's:
Well done novel --> Minor novel "adjustment" --> Brilliant adaptation Toradora

I guess it all depends on who's in the production crew, as these titles are all under JC Staff. Shana and Index share the same production crew, while the director for Toradora did Honey & Clover II.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 13:59   Link #64
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i suspect that besides the imagine breaker ability that touma's right arm pocessed. The arm also has super human strength.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 14:32   Link #65
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i suspect that besides the imagine breaker ability that touma's right arm pocessed. The arm also has super human strength.
It is stated that Touma's strength is that of a normal high school student (or something like that).

Quote:
Well done novel --> Minor novel "adjustment" --> Brilliant adaptation Toradora
Saa... I don't watch it anymore, so can't tell... Though recent opinions I've read (net/nicodouga/tenkaseiha/etc.) have been giving off a negative aura...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 14:35   Link #66
typhonsentra

I really just felt like the series never went anywhere, What's going to happen with the weird guy in the tube? He seems important but he never did much of anything. Now he wants to make "Heaven" or something? And what a lousy final fight to end the series on.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 14:40   Link #67
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It is stated that Touma's strength is that of a normal high school student (or something like that).
have you seen how touma's punch make a huge dent in the concrete wall, what do you call that
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 14:54   Link #68
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Animators getting overexcited?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 16:12   Link #69
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I call that a plot hole...or the villains are being overdramatic about flying backwards.

And really...one thing I have to make fun out of is that Index didn't get much of a role in this "first season" even though her name is in the title. No wonder why Biri biri was made into a spin off to break away from the lameness

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 16:15   Link #70
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
have you seen how touma's punch make a huge dent in the concrete wall, what do you call that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Animators getting overexcited?
Orrrr... Sherry's little spell did a number on the integrity of the surrounding columns
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 17:16   Link #71
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
I thought the Toma preaching was atleast limited this episode .

4 of the funniest parts were:
Toma bragging about not being hospitalized(and Himegamis comments)
Kuroku assuming Misaka just totalled another area(if you read railgun, you might understand just how destructive she can be better than in the Index version IMO)

Kuroko and Misaka in the bath

Himgami in the magical girl pose(god she can be such a great character, a shame she didnt get involved more)

But overall I enjoy Toma's ranting when he goes about it, it sounds like things I might say if I were in his situation.

I am very interested in Accelerator and Imotou-chan actually. I hope they get a few episodes next time like this season.

And finally, I hope we get some plot movement next season.

PS: I was singing "Smack Dat Bitch Up" in my head when Toma was fighting/punching the black woman.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 17:51   Link #72
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
PS: I was singing "Smack Dat Bitch Up" in my head when Toma was fighting/punching the black woman.
Funny, I was imagining the Mortal Kombat announcer dude saying "FINISH HER!"
Old 2009-03-22, 19:44   Link #73
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Good ending for this first season (i'll wait the others index-tan special for now)
We've the usually Touma speech that pierce you like a bullet, a super falcon punch that break a pillar (the girl is still alive), index useless as always until the end, Kuroko is always hilarious and a little of Mikoto on the screen. Surely i want see more Tsuchimikado because i like it as chara, so i hope on the next season to see him more; well, i want see more Mikoto and Kuroko on Railgun story
However i love this anime and for me is awesome until the end, so a 10 for the last epi
Old 2009-03-22, 19:55   Link #74
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Oh wow, a second season. Meh, I'll watch regardless.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 20:58   Link #75
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That was kind of sucky for a final episode but I won't take it as the final episode of the series. Sorta like Zero no Tsukaima where the fun continues.

I do like the announcement of the side story anime about the "Railgun" - always liked her character.
Old 2009-03-22, 21:54   Link #76
passin'gass
Cropduster

Wow, i just saw Newton's Laws get raped!

Remember, when a 1000lb golem fist travelling @50mph collides with a human's and disintegrates, the fragments will still continue forward @50mph. Even if the guy had super-strength.

The guy should have been squished. And Index/Hyoko shredded by the shrapnel.

But it was sooo GAR wasn't it? I thought I was watching Last Action Hero Maybe I was spoiled by the guy in Mx0

So disappointed with that scene in the last episode, hope they fix it in the DVD.

PS: yeah, i know, the Laws of Anime apply here.
passin'gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 22:07   Link #77
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by passin'gass View Post

Remember, when a 1000lb golem fist travelling @50mph collides with a human's and disintegrates, the fragments will still continue forward @50mph. Even if the guy had super-strength.

But it was sooo GAR wasn't it? I thought I was watching Last Action Hero Maybe I was spoiled by the guy in Mx0

So disappointed with that scene in the last episode, hope they fix it in the DVD.

This was discussed two episodes back as well, and we came to the conclusion that Toma's power is the "Reality Breaker" and not the "Imagine Breaker" as first thought.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 22:26   Link #78
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Base strength. You're forgetting the strength buff his preaching gives him.

When science and magic collide... brofist!
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(

Touma's brofist shatters mountains.

Yes: Biri Biri blush

Yes: Forbidden sanctuary.

Yes: Expressive cat.
Old 2009-03-22, 23:36   Link #79
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by passin'gass View Post

The difference betwen Mx0 is that Mx0 was good all the time, whereas index is probably at best good some of the time.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 23:42   Link #80
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
That was a decent ending to this series, with a nice farewell to Hyouka. I'm kinda disappointed in the series as a whole though. I think the manga version is better, and this series doesn't feel like it went anywhere. Other than the progression of Mikoto's feelings and a few extra chars, nothing's changed from the beginning. I hope when there IS a new season, the story actually gets somewhere.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote