AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sora Kake

Notices

View Poll Results: Sora Kake Girl - Episode 13 Discussion / Poll
Perfect 10 3 23.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 15.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 30.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-01, 18:19   Link #21
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Wow, so much debate.
Now that I'm all caught up (thanks C.A for the summary), I'll give my thoughts on this episode, then make my comeback in the Spoilers and Speculation thread.

Spoiler for thoughts:

That's all for now. More of my speculation in the S&S thread in a bit. Going to make a sandwich.
Old 2009-04-01, 19:35   Link #22
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Using F35 is not a very good move IMO, they have to be at least 300years old. And I can think a movie that did similar things - Battlefield Earth...

@SaintessHeart
It's not a cheap knock off, they are built for different roles. You won't want to use a F22 for ground support. One is not better than the other in absolute usefulness terms.
Old 2009-04-01, 19:52   Link #23
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Using F35 is not a very good move IMO, they have to be at least 300years old. And I can think a movie that did similar things - Battlefield Earth...

@SaintessHeart
It's not a cheap knock off, they are built for different roles. You won't want to use a F22 for ground support. One is not better than the other in absolute usefulness terms.
You should go over to the Strike Witches thread and try saying that. The F-22 can do everything an F-35 can do, and do it better. The extra cost is justified by just how much the F-22 outmatches any other production aircraft currently in service.
Old 2009-04-01, 21:38   Link #24
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Indeed the F-22 is the best American jet, no doubt about it, there's a reason the pilots do simulations of 2 F-22s vs 16 F-15s.

But you can't cramp F-22s on carriers, that's where the F-35 variants come in.

For the show using it, I think they're just trying to link back to 'ancient Earth' like Mr Blackbelt and the other 'antiques' that Leopard was dumping in space back in episode 1. In episode 1, the ICP traffic police Lily, was saying that these items are antiques from the Earth 10000 years ago, I'm not sure if she's exaggerating though.

But seeing how high tech civilisation is in the show, it could be possible.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-04-02, 05:34   Link #25
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

Hmm. The fanservice was really random in this ep, but I guess they had bigger fish to fry. XD Have no idea who the guy at the end is, but it's interesting listening to the speculations.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-02, 05:54   Link #26
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
You should go over to the Strike Witches thread and try saying that. The F-22 can do everything an F-35 can do, and do it better. The extra cost is justified by just how much the F-22 outmatches any other production aircraft currently in service.
F-35 ARE more or less cheap knockoffs. I can't (or rather, forbidden to) tell you why, but it is.

F-35/F22/AVB8 are probably the echelon frame designs of Earth based aircraft. VTOL technology gives the aircraft an edge in massed attacks, and all is needed is regular upgrades to the avionics and flight control systems. Unless we can mass produce a high density but low weight material (pun unintended), putting a human being at above Mach 3 speeds for hours on end will turn them into strawberry jam.

The next best aircraft type to be able to be piloted by humans would be something of variable vector maneuver, like the VF in Macross (Honoka > Sakura >>> Ranka/Sheryl). But that would take incredible coordination and onboard functions to be able to fly such a thing.

F22 isn't exactly built for ground support, unless it is used to drop a nuclear JDAM. It is fast enough to fly out of the blast zone and is EMP shielded.

One thing about the F-35 is its variable capability that allows it to mount the beam guns. Another thing is that it can mount external payloads of AAMs. All it needs is extra thrusters and canards to be able to lift it into the sky.

Spoiler for spoiler:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-04-02, 09:37   Link #27
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
F-35 ARE more or less cheap knockoffs. I can't (or rather, forbidden to) tell you why, but it is.

They probably have some form of AI/reaction computing (predecessor to the Navis?) to help with piloting as in Yukikaze, and even then only people with exceptional reflexes would be able to pilot them.

Those big radomes (if that's what they are) aren't very aerodynamic, though.
Old 2009-04-02, 11:34   Link #28
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post

They probably have some form of AI/reaction computing (predecessor to the Navis?) to help with piloting as in Yukikaze, and even then only people with exceptional reflexes would be able to pilot them.

Those big radomes (if that's what they are) aren't very aerodynamic, though.
I woul like to take my word back about the AEWCS. It seems that it is attached to the beam guns, so it would be the capacitors or cyclotrons for them.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-04-05, 13:24   Link #29
Tom Bombadil

Spoiler for Aleidia/Kagura:

Guess I need some tips about the forum usage. How do you strike out a word?

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2009-04-05 at 14:09.
Old 2009-04-05, 13:50   Link #30
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Strikethrough is [ s ] [/ s ] without spaces.

Aside from that, does anyone think Takane and Kazane knew about
Spoiler for Luke...:
So far we've only seen the ninja's reaction to her, and it was interesting.
Old 2009-04-05, 18:03   Link #31
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I don't think any of the sisters know who Aleida is, even for Akiha who saw her face. Because Akiha couldn't recognise Aleida as anyone besides the lady in her dreams, she may actually not be their mum.

It would be really difficult to forget how your mum looks like lol and if they know Aleida is their mum, I don't think Takane and Kazane would be fighting her like an enemy.

Old 2009-04-05, 19:35   Link #32
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

This brings a whole new spin onto things. I'll have to rethink some of the relationships I've had as concrete in my head.
Old 2009-04-05, 22:58   Link #33
Tom Bombadil

Thanks for the tip, qmeister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Akiha couldn't recognise Aleida as anyone besides the lady in her dreams, she may actually not be their mum.
Spoiler for Aleida:

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2009-04-05 at 23:28.
Old 2009-04-05, 23:50   Link #34
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Spoiler for Aleida:
I had a theory about Akiha's dreams though not much:
Spoiler:
Do visit the speculation thread, it has no spoilers beyond what was shown in the anime.

Old 2009-04-07, 18:17   Link #35
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
NEVER MENTION THAT MOVIE, EVER.

Well, I guess it really has hit the fan.
Spoiler:

Right now I guess the biggest mystery is around Aleida, though I am still not convinced she is what we think she is.
Old 2009-04-08, 01:06   Link #36
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Wow. There's like so much going on in this episode. It's all overwhelming actually.

Spoiler for About the Earth...:
Old 2009-04-08, 08:53   Link #37
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well it was good well above 8 but it could have used a bit more action but the swim suit part was well worth it.
Old 2009-04-08, 14:05   Link #38
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I haven't posted on this board yet but I have to say this episode was all kinds of fun. Especially Akiha and Itsuki's bikinis. Or the old guy in the end. Or Sawashiro Miyuki's character whose name I can't remember cacking a whip and becoming a messiah. Or anything Leopard did.

Old 2009-04-10, 08:45   Link #39
ad1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Wow. There's like so much going on in this episode. It's all overwhelming actually.

Spoiler for About the Earth...:
the only way to explain why humans on earth going primate is because 20 years ago, all adults are brainwashed by nerval and the childrens are left on their own. without anyone to teach or guide them, the childrens grew up the way they are now.