AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-04-20, 18:56   Link #1101
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I guess that's a good point about the HD. I forgot about that I've been downloading it. lol

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 18:56   Link #1102
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm View Post
Wow, I'm surprised Conclave got it so bad, and that Ayako was unexpectedly good, with Seibar right behind, and Doremi within tolerances. I guess this is one of those shows where I will just stick with whichever group besides Conclave actually completes the series.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 19:20   Link #1103
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
The militia is like the National Guard in the United States. Even if Welkin does not have any experience in real military workings most other officers probably do not, either.

Faldio also does not have any experience but he was made an officer (okay, technically we don't know his backstory as well as Welkin's, but I get the feeling that he, too, is right out of University).
I quote my reply into spoiler tags for those who haven't seen episode three yet:

Spoiler for Promotion due to University decree:

There may be similarities with the US National Guard but the militia is far more equal with the european army reservists who are being reactivated because of state of war.
Old 2009-04-20, 19:42   Link #1104
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
I quote my reply into spoiler tags for those who haven't seen episode three yet:

Spoiler for Promotion due to University decree:

There may be similarities with the US National Guard but the militia is far more equal with the european army reservists who are being reactivated because of state of war.
No, I know that Faldio went through that as well, but what I'm saying is that I don't remember if it's ever said that Faldio is the same year as Welkin.

Old 2009-04-20, 19:50   Link #1105
Father Hentai

Quote:
No, I know that Faldio went through that as well, but what I'm saying is that I don't remember if it's ever said that Faldio is the same year as Welkin.
Spoiler for continue...:
Old 2009-04-20, 22:24   Link #1106
JagdPanther

Yeah, Welkin as we know is a biology major (actually, I remember it being something else in the game... translation issue in the anime?) and Faldio is a:
Spoiler for Haven't watched epi 3 yet so don't know if this is said...:

Old 2009-04-20, 22:53   Link #1107
Welkins

What are the differences from VC episode 1 original to version 2 in the Ayanko fansubs?
Welkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 00:05   Link #1108
shcfyd
snow is fluffy

Quote:
Yeah, Welkin as we know is a biology major (actually, I remember it being something else in the game... translation issue in the anime?)
He is a biology major ingame aswell, it frequently reinforces it in times of comic relief.
shcfyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 03:03   Link #1109
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Helmet is not standard issue?

boom, head-shot =)
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 04:47   Link #1110
kalbron

Helmets are standard issue for everyone in Gallia except named units. They are protected from insta-death headshots by the power of PLOT.
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 05:23   Link #1111
kamikazex

omg the battle ended so unbelievably fast and i really like the pace so far though its a little fast. also its really following the game quite well. this is probably one of my favorite series this season. also hearing the heavy gunners fire their weapons was pretty awesome.
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 07:44   Link #1112
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcfyd View Post
He is a biology major ingame aswell, it frequently reinforces it in times of comic relief.
Oh, I know that second part. I just meant I had thought it might've been another major in name in the game.

Comparing a girl to an insect and being serious is always fun times.

Old 2009-04-21, 09:05   Link #1113
M.Marangio

Character sketches

There are some new and old character sketches at dengeki (or here).
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 09:13   Link #1114
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I just saw first three episodes and my reaction is mixed. On one hand i like the animation & music but the otherhand i don't like how the direction of the story is going and changes they made to the characters (the Alicia i knew was strong, clever girl but now shes a dumb Tsundere who makes faces, Welkin's was an aloof yet kind, smart and strong character but now he's acts like some airhead idiot from a harem game and i don't like how he acts since it reminds of the idiot hero from the RO anime), some of my favorite characters form the game didn't appear (Where's Psycho Jane, Dallas the Lesbian, Lovely Freesia, Pirateboy Vyse, Cool Lynn etc..) and their roles in combat weren't right (Jann and Largo are Lancers not scouts or Homer's an engineer not a front line trooper and he didn't even bring his engineering backpack).

In fact the thing i hate about this anime adaption is the fact it doesn't follow the events like the game. Even though i don't mind some changes like the love triangle plot but the fact the battles were not that exciting like the game pisses me greatly. (At least the manga was better). With these changes i feel like it's gonna piss the game fans which i fear will result in the anime being cut short to 13, 14 episodes.

In short, as a fan of the game, the anime is a great disappointment but i still hope it'll get better in time.
Old 2009-04-21, 11:23   Link #1115
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Marangio View Post
Nice finds, man. Now if we could only get some artwork of Ellet and Cordelia...
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 13:18   Link #1116
animeboy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I just saw first three episodes and my reaction is mixed. On one hand i like the animation & music but the otherhand i don't like how the direction of the story is going and changes they made to the characters (the Alicia i knew was strong, clever girl but now shes a dumb Tsundere who makes faces, Welkin's was an aloof yet kind, smart and strong character but now he's acts like some airhead idiot from a harem game and i don't like how he acts since it reminds of the idiot hero from the RO anime), some of my favorite characters form the game didn't appear (Where's Psycho Jane, Dallas the Lesbian, Lovely Freesia, Pirateboy Vyse, Cool Lynn etc..) and their roles in combat weren't right (Jann and Largo are Lancers not scouts or Homer's an engineer not a front line trooper and he didn't even bring his engineering backpack).

In fact the thing i hate about this anime adaption is the fact it doesn't follow the events like the game. Even though i don't mind some changes like the love triangle plot but the fact the battles were not that exciting like the game pisses me greatly. (At least the manga was better). With these changes i feel like it's gonna piss the game fans which i fear will result in the anime being cut short to 13, 14 episodes.

In short, as a fan of the game, the anime is a great disappointment but i still hope it'll get better in time.
guess I'm sticking to the game then

quick question, I've still in the beginning of the game chapter 5(I think), but does the game get a little more serious or dark in the later chapters.
Not that's I'm not enjoy the light take on war but war is serious business, least to me
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 13:47   Link #1117
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
quick question, I've still in the beginning of the game chapter 5(I think), but does the game get a little more serious or dark in the later chapters.
Not that's I'm not enjoy the light take on war but war is serious business, least to me
Huh?

I don't think the game's take on war was light, at all. Granted, it was not excessively dark, either.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 14:07   Link #1118
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Marangio View Post
Uho~, first time I saw Isara without her cape. Gotta save it... *clicks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
guess I'm sticking to the game then
You should just look at the anime and game. Just treat it as two different things... If you can.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 14:23   Link #1119
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
What a great episode it proceeded pretty much like how i envisioned it and i was not disappointed. Welkin was hilarious as usual and i love how everyone underestimates him. What i also enjoy is how he underestimates himself but still manages to pull a ballzy tactic that wins the day, captures an important strategic position while at the same time quelling the resistance to his command within the ranks.

Alicia's facial expressions just have me rolling. It was a given that she would be assign to Welkins unit much to her dismay but i believe she is finally coming around to Welkin that his outward appearance does not match his brain power the guys i super smart and thinks outside the box which is what allowed him win. No one else could have thought of this plan but the tank also helped.

The regular military made a huge mistake positioning their their troops and Tanks directly across from an entrenched enemy. The enemies tanks could fire on them before they even got into a position to return fire. The river crossing and battle reminded me of one Alexander the Greats campaigns when he invaded India. Misdirection and Misinformation on how many troops and tanks were actually attacking them. The tactic showed what happens when an enemy is confused and caught off guard. The fog was the perfect cover for the attack very nice episode and some cool tactics to boot.
Old 2009-04-21, 16:02   Link #1120
Copycatken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Alicia's facial expressions just have me rolling.
That's what strikes me the most about Alicia in this show. She's the only one making those priceless faces. I sure hope there are more of those coming in future episodes As for Welkin, he's the typical airhead who doesn't look like it, but has incredible abilities.

Having not played the game, I find it quite entertaining and like the pacing at which they introduce the lore. It's just enough so that it doesn't become too overwhelming. I hope we'll soon learn why the Darcsen are discriminated against, since this hasn't been clearly explained yet.

Tags
sega