AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-30, 11:24   Link #41
sirn
田舎者言うな

Sorry for double-posting.

The theme song (opening?) for Bakemonogatari will be done by ryo of supercell. (You know, the guy that managed to sell 20,000 copies of his Hatsune Miku album on the first day. Link NSFW.) The title is "Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari" (The Story You Don't Know). Vocal is Gazelle (of Melt 3m Mix).

More details in the official single page. This will be his first "major" single release.

Last edited by sirn; 2009-05-30 at 12:40.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 18:13   Link #42
Raiga
tl;dr

Now that sounds pretty darned awesome. Ryo is amazing. Haven't heard anything by the vocalist before, but I'm sure it'll be good. ^^
Old 2009-05-31, 00:41   Link #43
asrielchase

ryo x gazelle doing the possible OP? Now I just couldn't wait.

And if you haven't heard of her, here's some songs by the vocalist Gazelle:

指輪 (originally by Maaya Sakamoto)

...and of course, her singing ryo's MELT 3mmix
asrielchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 01:26   Link #44
Raiga
tl;dr

Ohhh that was her? I was wondering about that track that was with the Melt download on the supercell site. I guess I have heard her then. Nice voice. ^^
Old 2009-05-31, 10:58   Link #45
sirn
田舎者言うな

Ryo's interview of the theme song. Some interesting points:
  • The lyrics will relate to Bakemonogatari world as a spin-off.
  • Idea of the song is when each character visits the star observation deck in different situation and different time.
  • Second verse of the lyric will be a line that exists in the light novel but Koyomi will say it instead of the girl.
  • Ryo went to request Gazelle by himself, her voice nicely fits the song's high vocal range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asrielchase View Post
指輪 (originally by Maaya Sakamoto)
Wow, this one is amazing. Thanks for the link. I wonder how the theme song will be like, coming from this very same person one year later.
Old 2009-06-05, 11:37   Link #46
kyouray
2D > 3D

I look forward to seeing this opening
By the way, a new illustration is avaible.
Old 2009-06-06, 07:29   Link #47
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Casts:
Araragi Koyomi: Kamiya Hiroshi
Senjougahara Hitagi: Saito Chiwa
Hachikuji Mayoi: Katou Emiri
Kanbaru Suruga: Sawashiro Miyuki
Sengoku Nadeko: Hanazawa Kana
Hanakawa Tsubasa: Horie Yui
Oshino Meme: Sakurai Takahiro

Broadcast schedule: July 3, 2009 23:00 at TOKYO MX

From MoonPhase.
Huh, Kamiya Hiroshi on both Kodansha & Shaft July's shows and with these choices of casts…

Quote:
Episode 1 - Hitagi Crab - Part One (ひたぎクラブ 其の壹)
Script: Kizawa Yukito
Storyboard: Takeuchi Nobuyuki
Episode Director: Miyamoto Yukihiro
Animation Director: Akio Watanabe

Last edited by sirn; 2009-06-10 at 09:07.
Old 2009-06-09, 23:34   Link #48
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Hiroshi Kamiya will voice the protagonist??

Expect a zetsubou deshita scene in this series...

thanks for the info
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 08:01   Link #49
sirn
田舎者言うな

Official site renewal. Now with characters page and screenshot of the first episode. Just like the original novel, the series will be organized in five parts. (Hitagi Crab, Mayoi Snail, Suruga Monkey, Nadeko Snake and Tsubasa Cat.)

Another trivia news, Pizza Hut (Japan) will start Bakemonogatari's campaign on July 6.

Last edited by sirn; 2009-06-10 at 16:22. Reason: an extra image won't hurt
Old 2009-06-10, 08:06   Link #50
Westlo
Lets be reality

Looks good and I like the vocal cast as well.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 08:08   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Those screenshots look very promising, and while i'm at it, very Shinbo. Just what i like to see.
Old 2009-06-10, 23:03   Link #52
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Looks great. Wonderful cast. I am especially looking forward to hearing more of one of my old favorites: Saitou Chiwa. I keep wanting to hear again her Hazuki voice from MoonPhase (also directed by Shinbo). I think Sawashiro Miyuki is one of the top voice actresses of all. I love the deep moe of Hanazawa Kana's voice. And I have an abiding sympathy for Katou Emiri. She just seems like a nice person, as well as being a good seiyuu (voted one of the two best "new" seiyuus of 2007).

I like the fact that the mangaka is being given equal billing with Shinbo on the website. And I'm glad to see someone entirely new to Shinbo's staff -- Watanabe Akio -- doing the character design and animation supervision. Shinbo is great, but I'm happy to see that he recognizes he needs an injection of something new every so often.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 00:02   Link #53
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
It's not really the first time Shinbo used Akio Watanabe's character designs though. I mean there was his work on the Soul Taker.
Old 2009-06-11, 03:28   Link #54
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
It's not really the first time Shinbo used Akio Watanabe's character designs though. I mean there was his work on the Soul Taker.
Yep, and still to this day i'm waiting for Shinbo to return to that genre. It's a painful wait.
Old 2009-06-11, 09:35   Link #55
prnoct90

Quote:
A prequel to the series, titled Koyomi Vamp (こよみヴァンプ?) was published in the first issue of Pandora magazine, it was later released as a separate volume on May 7, 2008 as Kizumonogatari (傷物語?). The first volume of Nisemonogatari (偽物語?), a sequel to the series, was released on September 2, 2008 and contains Karen Bee (かれんビー?). The second volume, contains Tsukihi Phoenix (つきひフェニックス?) was released on June 10, 2009.[1] Two more books Kabukimonogatari (傾物語?) and Nekomonogatari (猫物語?) are planned to released in 2010 and will contain Mayoi Jianshi (まよいキョンシー?) and Tsubasa Family (つばさファミリー?) respectively.
- FROM WIKIPEDIA

So it looks like there was a sequel to the the sequel and that there are also two new novels planned. I wonder if the story from any of these will make it into the anime?
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 09:41   Link #56
Westlo
Lets be reality

Probably not since sirn said this "Just like the original novel, the series will be organized in five parts. (Hitagi Crab, Mayoi Snail, Suruga Monkey, Nadeko Snake and Tsubasa Cat.)". But SHAFT do churn out the sequels and they seem to be big fans of this so I wouldn't be surprised they animated those novels at a later date.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 13:38   Link #57
sirn
田舎者言うな

Animage scan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
So it looks like there was a sequel to the the sequel and that there are also two new novels planned. I wonder if the story from any of these will make it into the anime?
Bakemonogatari anime will only covers five stories of the first two novels at length of 12-13 episodes. The listing in official website also confirms this. I'm pretty sure Nekomonogatari is a prequel, covering the events between Kizumonogatari and the first series.

So I guess the episode list will look something like this:

Spoiler for episodes speculation:
Personally looking forward to Nadeko Snake and Tsubasa Cat the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Let's not forget Spaceship Girl Yamamoto Yohko.

Last edited by sirn; 2009-06-11 at 16:42.
Old 2009-06-13, 11:40   Link #58
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Hiroshi Kamiya (Natsume) as the lead give me a good feeling. But when the moe censors find out the series has a male lead, it may be pulled from the airwaves - that seems to be verboten these days.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 08:20   Link #59
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Official site renewal. Now with characters page and screenshot of the first episode. Just like the original novel, the series will be organized in five parts. (Hitagi Crab, Mayoi Snail, Suruga Monkey, Nadeko Snake and Tsubasa Cat.)

Another trivia news, Pizza Hut (Japan) will start Bakemonogatari's campaign on July 6.
OH WOW! Those screenshots already make me fall in love with this series already *_* Oh I can't wait for the first episode to air already *_*
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 15:20   Link #60
sirn
田舎者言うな

Two more screenshots, dere-dere Gahara-san:

Spoiler:
Also, Aniplex will be handling out a free 40-pages full-color pamphlets sometimes soon.

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural