AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-16, 19:12   Link #1
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Dragon Age: Origins

From the creators of mass effect and Star wars KOTOR comes Dragon Age: origins.

This GAME LOOKS SICK! and i mean AWESOME, finaly a fuckin Medevil game from these guys. I definaly can't wait for this game. I pray to god it doesnt disappoint (too much)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SuJ5T9sfAA

and judging by this trailer
their gonna be holding back nothing, Gore,Sex and awesomeness. from the momment i read "The creators of Mass Effect" i was thinking "alright, sex scene :shock: " XD

P.S. anyone else think that music didnt fit?

i'd make a better trailer with this instead - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoaUY...eature=related way more perfect.
Old 2009-06-16, 22:56   Link #2
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Supposed spiritual successor to the greatest RPG of all time...
Even though the generic rock music and Gore is unique for the genre with epic classical scores and Teen ratings. Looked really dull
Old 2009-06-16, 23:34   Link #3
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

don't know until we try it tho. It Caught my attention with the makers. The music sucked
Old 2009-06-16, 23:58   Link #4
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Still find it stupid that they don't have system requirements for the game, and yet expect the customer to pick between the PC and the console versions for pre-orders. >_>

I really do want to know asap, as my q6600 with an 8800gt really ain't cutting edge technology by any stretch of the imagination.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 00:49   Link #5
Kaix
[. . .]

I'll be definitely be getting it since Bioware made it, but don't have that many great expectations for it yet (compared to say, Mass Effect 2). Hoping for an actual good music score in-game though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Still find it stupid that they don't have system requirements for the game, and yet expect the customer to pick between the PC and the console versions for pre-orders. >_>

I really do want to know asap, as my q6600 with an 8800gt really ain't cutting edge technology by any stretch of the imagination.
They actually announced them yesterday on the forums.

Windows XP Minimum Specifications
CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.4Ghz or greater
AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.8Ghz or greater
RAM: 1GB or more
Video: ATI Radeon X850 128MB or greater
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128MB or greater
DVD ROM (Physical copy)
20 GB HD space

Windows Vista Minimum Specifications
CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.6Ghz or greater
AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 2.2GHZ or greater
RAM: 1.5 GB or more
Video: ATI Radeon X1550 256MB or greater
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB or greater
DVD ROM (Physical copy)
20 GB HD space

Recommended Specifications
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz Processor or equivalent
RAM: 4 GB (Vista) or 2 GB (XP)
Video: ATI 3850 512 MB or greater
NVIDIA 8800GTS 512 MB or greater
DVD ROM (Physical copy)
20 GB HD space

Kaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 02:21   Link #6
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Mass Effect 2 is gonna be darker, so i definaly cant wait >< i wonna know waht happen to Sheperd.
Old 2009-06-17, 03:04   Link #7
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Shepard is alive, you can see him live and kicking in E3 video =)
The space opera continues, I can't wait for that game. I'm surprised there aren't topic about it here.

Dragon Age: Origins? Hell. loved Baldur's Gate series and I'm gonna love this one no doubt. Looks to have dark interesting story, lot's of violence, sex scenes and good-old battle system. What more do we need? =)
Old 2009-06-17, 03:42   Link #8
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
The space opera continues, I can't wait for that game. I'm surprised there aren't topic about it here.

Dragon Age: Origins? Hell. loved Baldur's Gate series and I'm gonna love this one no doubt. Looks to have dark interesting story, lot's of violence, sex scenes and good-old battle system. What more do we need? =)
Black Isle Studios Supervision.
Old 2009-06-17, 04:08   Link #9
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Definitely out of this game. My PC don't have good enough spec to even pass the minimum requirement :P.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 07:08   Link #10
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post

omg, can Sheperd get any more bad ass? Seriously (he was in the top 10 most bad ass Good guys and the male one not the girl)

look like its still canon that Sheperd is ment to me male. "Either Good or Bad, he's a bad ass either way, and thats hard to do, but he pulls it off"

cant wait for Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2, Star Wars TOR.... I hope they never stop making Bioware games.
Old 2009-06-17, 10:05   Link #11
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, good to see my rig is running around at recommended specs. Definitely saving myself 10 bucks and getting the PC version.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 15:03   Link #12
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Can't happen since BIS doesn't exist anymore.

IIRC, a lot of old BIS members are now part of Obsidian (in particular, BIS leader Feargus Urquhart), and they didn't do a lot of great games since then. KOTOR II was not as good as the first game who was not developed by them, for example.
Hence why its impossible.

Also, Kotor II, Its much better than KOTOR...If they were allowed to finish it. The entire game was gimped because Lucas Arts cut off about 30% of the development time they were promised. You can actually read exact what was left unfinished, cut, and the "Real" ending.

But luckily enough, Allot of the stuff missing was either talked about or on the disc(just unfinished). So modders have been working on rebuilding it into the game so one day, it maybe possible to get the true version of it.

Also NWN II: Mask of the Betrayer is considered to have the best writing since Planescape. Not to say it was hard to be better than NWN1

Currently they are working on Fallout: Las Vegas so we could have potential awesomeness from them again <3
Old 2009-06-17, 16:29   Link #13
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
Hence why its impossible.

Also, Kotor II, Its much better than KOTOR...If they were allowed to finish it. The entire game was gimped because Lucas Arts cut off about 30% of the development time they were promised. You can actually read exact what was left unfinished, cut, and the "Real" ending.

But luckily enough, Allot of the stuff missing was either talked about or on the disc(just unfinished). So modders have been working on rebuilding it into the game so one day, it maybe possible to get the true version of it.

Also NWN II: Mask of the Betrayer is considered to have the best writing since Planescape. Not to say it was hard to be better than NWN1

Currently they are working on Fallout: Las Vegas so we could have potential awesomeness from them again <3
I didn't know that about KOTOR II :\

Anyway, I admit that I didn't play to NWN2, because I tried the first game and it was not as good as I thought it would be (was expecting a true BG in 3D... )

I didn't play to the main game, Fallout 3. Is it good?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 17:53   Link #14
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox
omg, can Sheperd get any more bad ass? Seriously (he was in the top 10 most bad ass Good guys and the male one not the girl)

look like its still canon that Shepard is ment to me male. "Either Good or Bad, he's a bad ass either way, and thats hard to do, but he pulls it off"
Male Shepard was canon from the start I think, but lots of people make whatever they like. AS for me, I stick with original one, kinda makes him even more badass. Yup his good or bad didn't even matter, whatever you choose with him he does it with style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona
Come on, ME and KOTOR can't compete with BioWare best RPG. The glorious Baldur's Gate II. So don't forget this game
Depends what are you looking in the game. You can't compare space opera and old medieval classic like Baldur's Gate. I like them both so I can't pick just one, they are both superb.

Fallout 3 is good, didn't live up to the hype like Fallout I&II if you ask me but if you are fan of post- apocalyptic world war time, and liked Bethesda's The Elder Scrolls series, you will enjoy that. I loved it but I was still more hyped for ME2 and Dragon Age then I was when Fallout 3 was announced.
Old 2009-06-17, 18:03   Link #15
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai the Reaper View Post
Damnation, I've been avoiding SP3 like the plague ever since it trashed my mother's computer.

Quote:
20 GB HD space
FRAK! What am I going to have to uninstall this time? Is there anything left that doesn't have some stupid arbitrary limit on number of installations? *wanders off to search for some way to clear up hard drive space*

Quote:
Anyway, I admit that I didn't play to NWN2, because I tried the first game and it was not as good as I thought it would be (was expecting a true BG in 3D... )
Important note about Neverwinter 2. The original campaign is long, somewhat tedious, predictable, and just not really that interesting a story. Not BAD, per se, but it gets bogged down in itself at times. By contrast, the Mask of the Betrayer expansion is very well-written with a far more interesting and coherent storyline, a very different setting, and is just all around better. It's hard to fathom that it could have been written by the same people who made the original.

And I can only presume they fired those people some time before they came out with Storm of Zehyr, which drops all the good parts of MotB, brings back several bad parts of the original campaign, and then comes up with a few more bad bits of game design, because it had somehow figured it hadn't reached critical mass yet. The only really GOOD thing that came with it was the Hellfire Warlock prestige class, which FINALLY makes the warlock able to survive as the main character.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 18:44   Link #16
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Fallout III, worth a play but nothing memorable. I'd throw it in with Final Fantasy and such. Play, probably know if you'll hate or love it within the first hour or two. Solid overall but nothing really comes out of it to say its a great RPG.
Old 2009-06-20, 04:45   Link #17
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai the Reaper View Post

CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.4Ghz or greater
AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.8Ghz or greater
RAM: 1GB or more
Video: ATI Radeon X850 128MB or greater
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128MB or greater
DVD ROM (Physical copy)
20 GB HD space

Windows Vista Minimum Specifications
CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.6Ghz or greater
AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 2.2GHZ or greater
RAM: 1.5 GB or more
Video: ATI Radeon X1550 256MB or greater
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB or greater
DVD ROM (Physical copy)
20 GB HD space

Recommended Specifications
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz Processor or equivalent
RAM: 4 GB (Vista) or 2 GB (XP)
Video: ATI 3850 512 MB or greater
NVIDIA 8800GTS 512 MB or greater
DVD ROM (Physical copy)
20 GB HD space
20GB ...... Well, even the minimum specification is too much for my ultraportable . Why don't they just use the same motor as BG2 and use the power for something else, like making a big big world and all (in the game) >_>

And I don't like the fact that there is only 3D view which is shown in pictures and videos. I mean, I want the same view as BG2 and all. Not a Morrowind view . And I really don't like the E3 Trailer. WTH was that O_o It's not an FPS it's an RPG >_>

About NWN The first one is not really good but the last extension is good !

About Kotor the first one is far superior to the second one. The first is great in many aspect with Dark Malak who is a great bad guy

Mass effect is really good too, the story is great and the bg too. The only thing that they need to improve is the interraction with the character and more romance !

Because of the that, the best RPG for me, is still BG2. Great story, interaction, replay value, graphics etc....I really love this game
Old 2009-09-06, 08:09   Link #18
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

A great gameplay review :

http://www.gamebanshee.com/previews/...origins3-1.php

I really want this game now
Old 2009-10-27, 15:03   Link #19
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Watching some of the gameplay videos made me realize just how much I have grown used to hearing my character talk back in Mass Effect. Seeing the NPC's reply to merely a mouseclick is going to take some time getting used to again.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 21:25   Link #20
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

5 Days to Christmas my true love said to me... Time to go pay off the pre-order collectors edition.

/hums

For those waiting, try http://www.dragonagejourneys.com/ this out. Easily the best Flash game in existence. Reminded me much of the good ol days of RPG's. Spent a good part of last night playing around with that. Also unlocks stuff in the main game too.

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360