AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-05-18, 12:47   Link #141
puppygod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Geez, Ui type of characters 'I'm perfect at everything without even trying to' kind of annoy me. Specially when it putsher sister's portrayed genius at guitar playing to shame.
Hey, maybe guitar skills are genetic? They are sisters after all
puppygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 14:09   Link #142
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Haha, I doubt so that would happen with skills per se, though things like the form and size of the hand, how slender your fingers are and things like that actually are. In my case, my younger siblings inherited my mom's slender and long fingers, and they can actually do 10 and 11 note intervals on the piano with relative ease o_o On contrast I inherited my dad's regular hands with slightly fat fingers, and 9 note intervals are the most I can do regularly, while I could do 10ths with some stretching, and 11ths were out of my reach
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 14:13   Link #143
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yui and Ui seems to have identical builds, though Ui seems more intelligent. It is possible that she is a slower learner at guitar than Yui, but Ui retains the knowledge better than her spacy sister, thus doesn't have to relearn things.
Old 2009-05-18, 17:34   Link #144
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppygod View Post
Hey, maybe guitar skills are genetic? They are sisters after all
If so then it begs the question. Would it come from their mother's side or their father's side of the family? Still that chapter was definitely fun.
Old 2009-05-18, 22:30   Link #145
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
You know, something occurred to me...Not quite an insta-god situation, but still somewhat related...

A long time before there was a band called "Van Halen" and half of the line-up were still children, Eddie Van Halen used to play drums while his brother Alex Van Halen used to play guitar...While Eddie was out delivering papers to pay for his drum set, Alex would practice playing on Eddie's drum set...Once Eddie watched Alex blow away his talent by playing the drum solo to "Wipe Out", Eddie picked up guitar after that and practiced practically endlessly...Anyone that knows anything about Eddie Van Halen would know about his skill on the guitar, and Alex Van Halen on the drums...

Case in point: It's not that far-fetched that Ui could possibly play guitar better than Yui...Maybe there's no such thing as an instrument swap in that case, but it's still completely possible one sibling could be better skilled or suited at an instrument than another sibling...

The insta-god situation is still in play, of course...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 15:54   Link #146
stubby42

My feelings towards Ui and Yui and their abilities is that Yui probably has some learning difficulties.

Abilities are genetic and so are learning difficulties and unfortunatly one kid can be problem free and the other one can have alot, dysabilities like dyslexia and dyspraxia can make learning pretty hard which tends to make it boring and something the individual dreds doing (which would explain why Yui would rather play guitar then study) but it doesnt reflect intelligence people with learning difficulties are often very intelligent and can do amazing things if they really put their mind to it but its very easy to get distracted and do something they enjoy.
stubby42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 21:12   Link #147
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Chapter 25 out.

Spoiler for events:
Old 2009-05-26, 01:47   Link #148
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Chapter 25 out.

Spoiler for events:
I think they had fun either way. While I hope that they can do music at a higher level I don't think that's the point of the show.

I was worried about Yui all through the chapter, thinking she might collapse during the performance ^^;
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 01:54   Link #149
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, you can tell that Mio and Azusa really wanted to improve their act, although I have no doubt that they will, eventually.
Old 2009-05-26, 10:28   Link #150
Fran~
floating away...

See?... that's why i say that Yui is important to K-On, she is like the motor of the band, the girl who can bring some fun despite a failure. What's the point of play in a band if you don't have any fun?.
Old 2009-06-08, 03:48   Link #151
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Bumping thread for a semi-important announcement (very important if you can read Mandarin, but not Japanese, like me): K-On is getting an official Taiwanese Mandarin translation. It's done by Jian Duan Publishing, who also carries Hidamari Sketch. Vol 1 out 12th June. Don't miss it!
Old 2009-06-11, 15:24   Link #152
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You know, it would be funny, in a bad way, if they followed the manga exactly for the next concert. Meaning they show us nothing of it, but the aftermath remains the same (they sucked).

I don't know if "they sucked" can be animated on stage and have it come though to the audiance (unless it is very obvious...or perhaps they only think they sucked because they know they messed up...but no one else does). But not showing it at all may be even worse than showing it...especially this close to the end (and KyoAni had been known in the past for making excellent episode 12s).

Of course I wonder if they can (or will even try) to pull off the Ui-Yui thing. It is one thing in a 4koma that is only visual...it will be the audio that is the problem.
Old 2009-06-18, 15:35   Link #153
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I like how they manged to get in one of the "eatable" Mugi's eyebrows jokes in before the end. And the Ui-Yui thing worked out fine.
Old 2009-06-18, 15:48   Link #154
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

I'm glad they didn't follow the manga for the performance, hah. >_>;;
Old 2009-06-19, 16:56   Link #155
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Chapter 26 is out on OneManga

And yeah, I agree with Tsumugi; Everyone should have one of those in their home...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-06-19, 17:05   Link #156
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

That was nice chapter. LOL@Mugi sticking her hands in cold water.
Old 2009-06-19, 18:25   Link #157
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Mio's childish side is on in 26, although I can understand the hand crunching part.
Old 2009-06-19, 18:59   Link #158
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Poor mio, thinking shes just a big handed girl with a cold heart.

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Mckendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 19:39   Link #159
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckendrick View Post
Poor mio, thinking shes just a big handed girl with a cold heart.
What? If I were Mio, I'd find it to be the truth, given how she easily strangled Ritsu by her neck during the first Villa retreat...
Old 2009-06-19, 19:46   Link #160
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

At least Yui has a warm heart.

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life