AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-06-24, 11:34   Link #201
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
No wonder why it took him a few days before coming up with a more proper reaction to the issues of Iran. Finally, he is taking the right approach to the situation but it is somewhat late as that the crackdown has already began and that tons of people are getting killed by the moment.
A more proper response? He pretty much came out and made a statement against the violence when it was clear that it was completely unwarranted violence against the protesters. There was no real delay in his reaction.

Quote:
Spoiler for off-topic:
I highly doubt that is was up to date since almost all news channels have been at least 4-6 hours behind on their Iran news. This includes the better ones such as BBC and Al Jazeera who were more on top of things than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
there is not such thing as a religion of peace in monothistic religions
the only peace that such religion's can accept is when anyone NOT part of said religion is either dead or inslaved
the moment you say there is only one god, you say that everyone who DOESNT believe in him must die (basiclly)
That isn't true at all. Technically, Islamic teachings are about tolerance of the "children of Abraham" (i.e. the major 3 monotheistic religions) and Judaism teaches tolerance for all people regardless of their beliefs.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 11:56   Link #202
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
That isn't true at all. Technically, Islamic teachings are about tolerance of the "children of Abraham" (i.e. the major 3 monotheistic religions) and Judaism teaches tolerance for all people regardless of their beliefs.

sorry to disappoint you
"Technically" wont get you far
and its not even Technically true
Spoiler for off topic response:

Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 2009-06-24 at 17:47.
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 19:08   Link #203
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Aye. But radical teachings + letting them loose on the streets armed = People, we have a problem.
Sounds like the latest demonstration was the bloodiest so far. There are reports today of Basij using axes, slashing at people "like butchers."

I found this from a Sept. 2007 blog post.

Spoiler:
Imagine that times several thousand in downtown Tehran.

What Twitter looks like to many Iranians:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-06-24, 19:28   Link #204
Shadow Kira01

I am sure the Iranian protestors aren't stupid. Explaining the Twitter error will most likely result in getting slashed by axes.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 21:02   Link #205
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Well, I said many Iranians... some are still tweeting.

http://twitter.com/oxfordgirl

One of the regulars on #IranElection. Someone reported yesterday that she'd been arrested, but she's still at it today (assuming 'she' by the name). I've only been reading Twitter for a few days, but I think she's legitimate - 7,760 followers, so she's been around for a while. These people are risking their very lives just for a chance to communicate outside of Iran. I imagine, that for many, it's the only sense of freedom they have.

Hackers have been trying...

Spoiler:
Old 2009-06-24, 21:32   Link #206
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Well, I said many Iranians... some are still tweeting.

One of the regulars on #IranElection. Someone reported yesterday that she'd been arrested, but she's still at it today (assuming 'she' by the name). I've only been reading Twitter for a few days, but I think she's legitimate - 7,760 followers, so she's been around for a while.
Fark has concluded that OG isn't actually in Iran but is getting information from others in Iran. The information coming from that twitter account is usually considered rumor without other confirmation. Other people who are actually confirmed to be in Iran have been going dark.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 21:46   Link #207
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Fark has concluded that OG isn't actually in Iran but is getting information from others in Iran. The information coming from that twitter account is usually considered rumor without other confirmation. Other people who are actually confirmed to be in Iran have been going dark.
Ah, ok. Thanks for that clarification.
Old 2009-06-24, 22:40   Link #208
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Hackers have been trying...

Spoiler:
That is a smart one. Giving brief details of the Iranian Government security services. I have never ran Webknight before, but I do know that ALL security systems are hackable, even government ones (good examples would be how the Gaobot worm penetrated Singapore's MOE webserver, and how US's Energy Grid systems was hacked earlier this year).

Iran has ordered most of their foreign media out of the country. The world is pretty much in the dark about what is going on in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
Here in Malaysia(which I came from), the media praises Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for his "fair and square" victory. They also praises Iranian government handling the riot. I heard a rumor that Malaysian government put their anti-riot police at Iranian embassy because they knew there will be some protest take place. In other words Malaysian government and people wants Mahmoud Ahmadinejad win because they saw him as "hero" who can exterminate the Jews in this world, primarily in Israel. They always dreamed to see Israel's downfall.

Since I'm a Malaysian too, don't count me as one. In fact I was never in their side from beginning. Want to know what Malaysian people looks like. They are no better than Israelis and Americans which they believed their media was controlled by the Jews. Malaysian media is no better either. Just a social propaganda crap.
I never heard much from next door about the response to the elections. If a moderate Muslim country could do that, I think there is something seriously wrong with the leaders of the ideology in total.

20 years after Salem Rushdie and they are STILL not thinking about the future of their state, not even economy-wise. This is beyond stupid in terms of governance.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 23:14   Link #209
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
...even government ones (good examples would be how the Gaobot worm penetrated Singapore's MOE webserver...
I had to laugh...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82921
Old 2009-06-25, 03:59   Link #210
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
It is an unintended pun! MOE = Ministry Of Education. It has got nothing to do with stuff looking like my nekomimi waifus.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 04:59   Link #211
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
It has got nothing to do with stuff looking like my nekomimi waifus.
In the midst of all the tragedy, one must give room for the absurdity of it all.

[edit]- A legal case for the murder of Neda... from Al Jazeera of all places.
Old 2009-06-26, 04:23   Link #212
WhiteWings

I'm just worried. Even despite all the chaos, death, protests, and so on I am not confident things would have changed enough in Iran to make that much of a difference. I've seen something explode and burn violently but eventually settle down into nothingness.

I just hope something comes out of this for people in Iran.
Old 2009-06-26, 19:23   Link #213
Shadow Kira01

I just hope the events that took place in Iran in the past week and even right now isn't forgotten in the United States due to the death of a pop star. People are getting killed by the moment, slashed with axes and the world is just watching it as it happens without doing anything. Somewhat pitiful..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 20:21   Link #214
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
I just hope the events that took place in Iran in the past week and even right now isn't forgotten in the United States due to the death of a pop star. People are getting killed by the moment, slashed with axes and the world is just watching it as it happens without doing anything. Somewhat pitiful..
There is nothing you can do about it. Protests are dying, or have died. Only the people living in the big cities opposed the government, and they are easy targets to find, now that they entered into a hiding mode to protect their lives.

And with the government controlling every regular broadcast and spewing lies all day long, in a way to replace protesting against vote cheating with protesting because enemies (US, Israel, etc.) wanted them to cause troubles inside the country, it will become harder to oppose later on. Right now, their plan is to let all the protests die and then capture Mousavi as a traitor to wrap up everything.

The protesters are saying that nothing will be the same as before. But without having the power to change anything (like the brainwashed bulldogs attacking people with various weapons), this will not be a problem for the current government, and the corrupted so-called religious immorals.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 09:46   Link #215
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
there is not such thing as a religion of peace in monothistic religions
the only peace that such religion's can accept is when anyone NOT part of said religion is either dead or inslaved
the moment you say there is only one god, you say that everyone who DOESNT believe in him must die (basiclly)

religion is a man made product ment (originally) to try and give answers to our lack of knowing about the natural world
humans are by nature creatures that seek understanding and patterns in what we see
and we often would prefer even a bullshit answer then a no answer
hence religion
but it has since became (in the words of karl marx) "the opiate of the masses"
and the ones in charge are the dealers and pushers
there would always be conflict, but involving religion in these conflicts is a sure fire way to inflame them farther
there is no better way to prepetuate a specific conflict and make people unwilling to compremise in it then declaring the whole thing a "holy" issue

i find what you just said to be BEYOND disturbing
partly because i cant for the life of me understand WHY this is the case
what possible tie is there between the jews/israel and Malaysia ?
Ethnically, there is absolutely no relation what so ever between the Malaysian Malays and Palestinians. Religiously, well, both Muslims. And who are the Muslim Palestinians fighting against? Jews/Israel.

PS getting offtopic.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2009-06-28 at 13:32. Reason: Deleted stuff that was totally off topic on the Iranian situation
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 09:06   Link #216
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
It is an unintended pun! MOE = Ministry Of Education. It has got nothing to do with stuff looking like my nekomimi waifus.
The main joke of Singapore revolves around the Ministries. You think MOE's the only weird thing? Come on (having been in Singapore for like 4 years), have a look at the others.

The ministries of Singapore.

MOE - Education
MOM - Manpower
MEW(R) - Water and resources [it almost became two, which would have been MEW!]
MICA - Infocomm and Arts.
Old 2009-07-05, 00:38   Link #217
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
The main joke of Singapore revolves around the Ministries. You think MOE's the only weird thing? Come on (having been in Singapore for like 4 years), have a look at the others.

The ministries of Singapore.

MOE - Education
MOM - Manpower
MEW(R) - Water and resources [it almost became two, which would have been MEW!]
MICA - Infocomm and Arts.
There's also MOE in Canada as in Ministry of Environment.
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 03:37   Link #218
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
There's also MOE in Canada as in Ministry of Environment.
Best one yet - the PUB, or public utilities board.
Old 2009-07-05, 16:26   Link #219
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This makes it impossible for the 'supreme leader' and his appointee president to paint the opposition as "criminals, traitors, and foreign elements".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8134904.stm
Old 2009-07-05, 16:29   Link #220
Thingle
Banned

ohohoho, how long will the world watch out against despots.... ?
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote