AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-07-06, 14:35   Link #1421
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Maybe the Hayate looking buy that was shown with Nagi's mother was a future time-travelling Hayate!
Old 2009-07-06, 16:24   Link #1422
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
Now that ridiculous! how the hell he time-traveling without any device or magic or what soever ? If he has that kind of power..I'd like him to go back to his childhood time and stay in the Royal Garden..and never come home to see that SOB Parent's forever!
Genius Mad Scientist? Check

Magic users? double Check

Magic imbued grounds? double (Triple?) Check

Magic can affect the flow of Time? Check

Timeslip occurrence? Check

I didn't mean intentional time traveling: I think more accidental time slip are not unlikely to happen, given that:
-we have the (labeled) most unfortunate person in the World.
-said person is staying in/has been to three places somehow connected by a space/time warping magic: Hakuou, Royal Garden, Mykonos (likely).
-Yukariko lived most of her (sick?) life in one of the aforementioned location (Mykonos).
-and said protagonist already experienced a time slip in this location.

BTW I think Hayate is the kind to be hit two if not three times by lightning on the same place...
Old 2009-07-06, 16:59   Link #1423
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
But Hayate's brother had black hair.
I thought it was the shading. But anyway, his meeting with Yukariko in 187 was just too suspicious.

Quote:
But then, Hina's parents ran away because they had huge debt.
Rich people can go down too, remember Wataru's family? At some point, it seemed Chiharu's family wasn't doing well either. I wouldn't be surprised if Hina's family did terribly bad.

Quote:
I thought Maria said there were 9 of them.
Ah... for some reason I was sure I had read there were only 3.

Quote:
And I looked at the End of World arc again, and saw that Athena's eyes aren't pointy like Nagi's. So she isn't related. But Hina seems quite possible.
Yes, in general they aren't, but she did display pointy eyes in the coffin chapter.
Old 2009-07-07, 02:39   Link #1424
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppygod View Post
Wasn't that a reference to time-slipped Hayate? From the hat incident? He promised younger Nagi to protect her - and then disappeared (returned to his own time).
Ah. Ah! That sentence hit me right in the head. Right, so that leaves the possibility that Himegami may be a girl. I mean, taking your clothes off in front of the person you like doesn't help really much if you are a boy.

@leoblack9: Maria couldn't have been lying. She was thinking about that in her own head. Either Maria didn't see Himegami as a boy or Himegami is a girl. And yeah, in the manga, the book was burnt too.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 05:26   Link #1425
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Usually, Hayate just disappears without reason and appears to be time travelling. Appeared once before young Nagi in Mykonos, and most possibly before Yukariko. I've noticed something though, when Yukariko appeared in Hayate's vision it looks like as if they've met before, don't know if its pre-butler or post-butler arc.

Speculations, speculations.. ehem.

Himegami got fired because she/he tried to steal the gem from Mikado. Himegami quite possibly knows that Mikado is up to no good with the stones and try do to him justice herself/himself (getting tired of writing both genders). But he/she got caught and was fired by Mikado, telling Nagi that he/she was stealing it for the wrong reason while masking the truth.
leoblack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 08:03   Link #1426
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Chapter 231. Stunning, stunning curveball

Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-07, 08:58   Link #1427
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
Chapter 231. Stunning, stunning curveball

Spoiler:
Stunning, but not stunning enough. We already know it, someone beat you to it. Now that's stunning.
leoblack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 11:22   Link #1428
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

can't wait to see Hayate battle the 12 Golden Butler for the power to revolutionize the world.
Old 2009-07-07, 11:26   Link #1429
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Is it revealed in the chapter why Hina knows about her, or is it just "oh hey I know that girl"?
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 12:07   Link #1430
Sixth
Hu Tao

Why am I have the feeling that Hayate's parent is the final villain?

Ya know, like someone offer 500 million for Hayate's head and Hayate going to fight against his parent in the order to protect his life but too bad, his parent is just extremely strong due to the money adrenaline and put Hayate into the brink of death and going to finish him off....and Hinagiku and Athena stepped in to save Hayate...and surprisingly, Athena and Hinagiku got defeated easily by these evil couple.

Everything look vain and Hayate just about lose his life to his evil parent, Nagi step in and offer 1 billion for Hayate life..and Hayate's Parent accept the offer and leave the near-dead Hayate while say farewell to his son "We are proud that you manage to find a rich ojou-sama..hohoho, well, see ya..." with a huge moon on the background.

Hinagiku : Nagiiiii! Hayate..Hayate is..
Nagi & Athena : !!?!?!

To Be Continue
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 14:00   Link #1431
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Wow, just spotted a translation for 231 and read it. I have to say, I'm not sure how I feel about a series like Hayate having a cliffhanger like this.

Spoiler for chapter 231:

Last edited by qwertyman; 2009-07-07 at 14:11.
Old 2009-07-07, 16:55   Link #1432
Xacual

I doubt Hina knew who Hayate was talking about. He never really mentioned anything other then what he was taught by her regarding girlfriends.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 17:37   Link #1433
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I doubt Hina knew who Hayate was talking about. He never really mentioned anything other then what he was taught by her regarding girlfriends.
Spoiler for A-tan stuff:
Old 2009-07-07, 17:42   Link #1434
9taileddemon

Hayate only called her A-tan which was his personal nickname for her. (And slightly unsual as it was longer than her actual name.) So I doubt Hina even realized that A-tan=Athena. So she probably doesn't even realize that Hayate knows Athena. She was just remarking that something he said was similar to something someone she knows says. At least that is the way I read into it.

9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 17:47   Link #1435
Cylf

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
Spoiler for A-tan stuff:
Spoiler for woah i didnt realize:
Cylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 17:50   Link #1436
Used Can

Didn't Hata say in his blog that Nagi's father (the guy with Yukariko in chapter 208), despite his resemblance to Hayate, wasn't Hayate?

Quote:
From Hata's blog:
ナギの父親がシルエットのような感じで初登場。
なんだかこの状態だとハヤテと似てしまいましたがハヤテじゃないですよ?
A poor translation:
"Nagi's father first appearance.
He somehow resembles Hayate, but that's not Hayate."

Well, there's a question mark at the end of the Japanese text, but it doesn't really make much sense.

Hopefully, someone will be able to make a better translation of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9taileddemon View Post
Hayate only called her A-tan which was his personal nickname for her. (And slightly unsual as it was longer than her actual name.) So I doubt Hina even realized that A-tan=Athena.
That was in the anime. In the manga, during that flashback, he didn't call her A-tan. Well, I've only seen the translated chapter, I haven't seen the original text. Anyway, one way or the other, that was a flashback, it wasn't as if he was telling them the whole thing word by word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylf View Post
Spoiler for woah i didnt realize:
It was Maria.
Old 2009-07-07, 18:32   Link #1437
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9taileddemon View Post
Hayate only called her A-tan which was his personal nickname for her. (And slightly unsual as it was longer than her actual name.) So I doubt Hina even realized that A-tan=Athena. So she probably doesn't even realize that Hayate knows Athena. She was just remarking that something he said was similar to something someone she knows says. At least that is the way I read into it.
I hadn't read it that way, but that's probably because I would first expect most people to say something like "I had a friend who used to say something like that" beforehand in this kind of situation. To me, the way she says Tennousou-san (or however you spell it) after Hayate mentioned the name Athene implies that she knows that Hayate knows A-tan.

Also, note that Hina phrases it like a question; not a statement. That's probably the most important part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
That was in the anime. In the manga, during that flashback, he didn't call her A-tan. Well, I've only seen the translated chapter, I haven't seen the original text. Anyway, one way or the other, that was a flashback, it wasn't as if he was telling them the whole thing word by word.
Well, Hayate says A-tan in the flashback a few times, but whether or not the others hear him say that is up to interpretation.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3770/hayate09051.jpg

Very last piece of text on the page. He says it again on the next page too.
Old 2009-07-07, 21:09   Link #1438
Fandal

Hina was laughing a lot when she thinks about A-Tan. Hayate on the other had had that "end of the world" look to him. I wonder if we'll finally see the lighthearted side of A-Tan.

Spoiler:
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 21:49   Link #1439
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
Well, Hayate says A-tan in the flashback a few times, but whether or not the others hear him say that is up to interpretation.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3770/hayate09051.jpg

Very last piece of text on the page. He says it again on the next page too.
Oh, so he did call her A-tan in the flashback. I guess the translators had no idea what it meant - naturally - and left it out.

Anyway, we don't know if he even said it. Remember he called her A-tan in the flashback, but we don't know if told them her name. I think it's quite likely he didn't.
Old 2009-07-07, 21:54   Link #1440
9taileddemon

Also considering that Hina thinks that "Hayate's ex-girlfriend" is evil I don't think she would be laughing when thinking about "Tennosu-san" (I have no idea how to spell it properly.)

9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen