AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-07-18, 03:22   Link #7501
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I shall breed the Khrack via guerilla tactics in support of this initiative. =3

*manages to find a safe hideout from surveillance and begins building another dirty bomb inside a bag of potato chips*
Old 2009-07-18, 17:28   Link #7502
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Without giving away too much of the story in progress, I'd like to breed discussion on the OC antagonist character of my murder mystery/spy thriller set in the Nanohaverse.

The short version: A number of highly placed officials in the Time-Space Administration Bureau have been murdered, ranging from political figures to military commanders and even powerful combat-type mages. Fate and Teana have been assigned the case; a white-knuckled murder mystery and race against the clock rather than the usual Lost Logia hunt. This case will pit their investigative wiles and mastery of magic to the test against an implacable female assassin, resistant to magic's effects and armed with technology the TSAB has never before encountered.

And thus, allow me to introduce our villainous antagonist, the lovely and talented Nena K. Ashley:

Name: Nena Karolyn Ashley
Sex: Female
Origin: Mid-Childa
Birthplace: Unknown, thought to be in old Belkan territory

Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 137lbs.
Hair: Auburn/reddish-brown, loosely curly and worn short, around chin-length.
Eyes: Brown
Misc. Notes: Her build is athletic and slender, though she is stronger than she looks (a runner or swimmer's physique). Her facial features are attractive but ordinary; skin tone is pale and freckled. She's fairly flat-chested and slim-hipped without much in the way of curves. All in all, she doesn't stand out much and she doesn't look physically imposing at all; very desirable traits for an assassin or spy.

Spoiler for character notes:

This should all be enough to get a general picture of the character. I chose not to talk about her motives for killing off members of the TSAB, since that is a significant plot point in the story itself. Those who want to know more about Nena should keep an eye on the Fanfiction thread for posted chapters as I write them.

Last edited by synaesthetic; 2009-07-19 at 07:55.
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 23:23   Link #7503
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Ahh, intrigue. Would suggest using spoiler tags - wall o' text is kinda a turn-off, Rough look looks good and interesting, but I'll reread over and recomment (in a bit of a hurry).

Mamott, looks like we ain't the only people digging up the Bureau's skeletons.

Naomi: "Though Franz tends to want to blow them up."
Franz: "Hey, I'm not the girl who sleeps with a few thousand rounds of ammo and god knows how many weapons in her room."

also, a little something...
Spoiler:

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 07:58   Link #7504
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Your little something reminded me that I'm still pissed off at Square Enix for not localizing Front Mission 5. -.-'
Old 2009-07-19, 08:01   Link #7505
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Well, at least the FM5 Translation project is almost done with the game.Bases aren't translated but ingame cutscenes and briefings and interface have been fantranslated.

*Goose has finished FM5 and is working through Hard Mode*

Somehow though, looking over Nena's skillset, I kinda have a feeling that my guys would be a good choice to take her down...

Incidentally, come to the OCT chatroom at www.mibbit.com/chat. Leave the server at default setting and join the channel #outercadia. You'll find more action there.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2009-07-19 at 08:23.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 17:57   Link #7506
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

God damn it Goose.

Every time you write the surname, it comes out differently.

It's REINIGER.
Old 2009-07-19, 19:37   Link #7507
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Somehow, that just gave me a mental image of a nigger Rein...

*goes to wash brain of racism*
Old 2009-07-20, 00:00   Link #7508
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Rein engaging in Nigerian e-mail scams!
Old 2009-07-20, 00:21   Link #7509
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

*slaps synaesthetic around a bit with Regius' briefs*

NO YOU
Old 2009-07-20, 00:58   Link #7510
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
REINFORCE ZWEI: *hides a wad of bills she was counting* I'd never engage in such foul and distasteful cyber crimes!

*It's rather obvious, that being six inches tall, hiding the wad of bills she was counting was not so successful... Everyone glares.*

REINFORCE ZWEI: @_@ Uh... Desu?

EVERYONE: SO CUTE!!!

RZ: ^_^; (Works every time.)
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 03:57   Link #7511
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Somehow, that just gave me a mental image of a
Kha. Even if it was meant as a joke, it was pretty tasteless. For that, you deserve a collective kick in the nuts if any of us ever get a hand on you.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 07:21   Link #7512
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Well, at least the FM5 Translation project is almost done with the game.Bases aren't translated but ingame cutscenes and briefings and interface have been fantranslated.

*Goose has finished FM5 and is working through Hard Mode*

Somehow though, looking over Nena's skillset, I kinda have a feeling that my guys would be a good choice to take her down...

Incidentally, come to the OCT chatroom at www.mibbit.com/chat. Leave the server at default setting and join the channel #outercadia. You'll find more action there.
If the project finds a way where I can play a translated FM5 on a PS2, I'll be happy. ^^;

I'll stop by the chat room sometime. Nena is squaring off against Teana and Fate currently, and when I get some chapters finished I'll post them for everyone to examine at their leisure.
Old 2009-07-20, 08:42   Link #7513
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

1 of 5 more OCs currently being finalized.

Spoiler for Emeralda:

Spoiler for Notes:

Last edited by NorthernFallout; 2009-07-20 at 09:08.
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 08:50   Link #7514
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quick reply to synaesthetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Character Notes:
Nena isn't a mage, I suppose would be the first place to really start. This is fairly unusual for a human borne of Mid-Childa, where magical aptitude is the rule rather than the exception.
As far as I know, there isn't such an overgeneralization in Mid-childa. Magical aptitude is highly variable in different individuals, and perhaps even absent in some. Mid-childa may be a planet filled with mages, but I'm rather certain that the populace doesn't always produce mages throughout the generations. You are correct in magic being part of the genome's makeup, so it also follows logically that some may experience shifts or drifts and end up being born a non-mage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Active scans can locate her (or rather, locate a "missing spot" in the scan's area of effect) and any non-magical scanning technology such as infrared would easily be able to as well. For Mid-Childans and the TSAB, this is something of a problem, as all their technology is based upon the use of magic as a power source.
Not exactly true.

Numbers in particular are not mages and their abilities use a different source of energy than mana. Shario at that time manages to detect an overwhelming source of energy (not explicitly mentioned as heat) being used prior to Heavy Barrel being fired, which shows TSAB's technology is not entirely based on the use of magic for detection.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 08:52   Link #7515
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX
2. One more summon spell with a type of bird. Preferably attack. Reason I'm asking for ideas is 'cause I myself has run out.
Kestrels? Might be a biased opinion though, I've always had a strange fascination with them.
Old 2009-07-20, 10:12   Link #7516
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Not exactly true.

Numbers in particular are not mages and their abilities use a different source of energy than mana. Shario at that time manages to detect an overwhelming source of energy (not explicitly mentioned as heat) being used prior to Heavy Barrel being fired, which shows TSAB's technology is not entirely based on the use of magic for detection.
*detonates small dirty khrack bomb*

The cyborgs use ESP-like Inherent Skills and Abilities, and so they run on nethergon instead of mana. Nethergon at high enough concentrations is inherently AMF-like, rendering them invisible to magic sensors. However, by using negative sensing and magic depletion inference, TSAB radar operators with active mana pulses can detect where and how strong nethergon is collecting and interpret is as understandable tactical information.

The technique to detect it was developed earlier, 6 years before StrikerS, when a terrorist group Cathedral Belka claimed to be acting on the post-humous orders of Sankt Kaiser Vivio and attacked TSAB with 4 powerful combat units running on purified nethergon.

It was the product of genius by the Wild Bear of Orussia, Colonel Sergei Smirnov, and used the nethergon's AMF properties against itself. In that battle alone--

*dodges more long range bolts and runz for it*
Old 2009-07-20, 11:58   Link #7517
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
*detonates small dirty khrack bomb*

The cyborgs use ESP-like Inherent Skills and Abilities, and so they run on nethergon instead of mana. Nethergon at high enough concentrations is inherently AMF-like, rendering them invisible to magic sensors. However, by using negative sensing and magic depletion inference, TSAB radar operators with active mana pulses can detect where and how strong nethergon is collecting and interpret is as understandable tactical information.

The technique to detect it was developed earlier, 6 years before StrikerS, when a terrorist group Cathedral Belka claimed to be acting on the post-humous orders of Sankt Kaiser Vivio and attacked TSAB with 4 powerful combat units running on purified nethergon.

It was the product of genius by the Wild Bear of Orussia, Colonel Sergei Smirnov, and used the nethergon's AMF properties against itself. In that battle alone--

*dodges more long range bolts and runz for it*

[PRIORITY SIGNAL: AUTHENTICATION ROMEO FOXTROT SIX]
[REQUEST CODE: ZEUS ROMEO MIKE TANGO]
[GRID: TWO FIFE TWO SIX SEVEN SEVEN SIX, SUBGRID: SEVEN FIFE ONE EIGHT]
(http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=2526776&postcount=7518 )
[AUTHENTICATION AND TARGET DATA CONFIRMED]
Spoiler for [LANCE ON HIGH]:
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 14:03   Link #7518
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
1 of 5 more OCs currently being finalized.

Spoiler for Emeralda:
Well, than's an unsual character...not many summoner OC around...if any

One question...who/what is Antipatros?

Quote:
1. One more spell, don't have to be connected to wind, but should be a more direct attack.
How about the shooting spell Nanoha taught Caro?

Quote:
2. One more summon spell with a type of bird. Preferably attack. Reason I'm asking for ideas is 'cause I myself has run out.
Thunderbird?

Quote:
- When it comes to Ra, I guess he can be seen as overpowered, but not even Volatire that Caro summons sees much action and he is... quite powerful. They are probably similar, destruction-wise, only that Ra cannot control it as accurately.
True...same goes for Lutecia's Hakutenou

As for Ra...yeah, no biggie... *tries not to turn Ra into one of the "Lords" mentioned in his works*

*warps away before being influenced by Khrack*
Old 2009-07-20, 15:05   Link #7519
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Quick reply to synaesthetic.

As far as I know, there isn't such an overgeneralization in Mid-childa. Magical aptitude is highly variable in different individuals, and perhaps even absent in some. Mid-childa may be a planet filled with mages, but I'm rather certain that the populace doesn't always produce mages throughout the generations. You are correct in magic being part of the genome's makeup, so it also follows logically that some may experience shifts or drifts and end up being born a non-mage.
Perhaps I should clarify that to "potential mage" rather than trained mage. Not every potential on Mid will be trained, but a much greater percentage of humans on Mid have the potential.

Nena doesn't just have no potential, she has no magic in her at all, since her Linker Core is essentially a focused, localized AMF.

Quote:
Not exactly true.

Yes, but the instruments the TSAB uses are powered by magical energy. Those detection instruments would have a hard time working if the thing they were scanning kept negating the scans.

Whether or not they can track things other than specifically magic use is clearly displayed (they can) but also the Mid-Childan systems and technology are all based on magical energy as a power source (Fate explicitly says this during her little history lesson to Caro and Erio).

Nena can still be tracked, just not in the usual manner. Active, focused scans (such as Wide Area Search) would show a blank spot where the sensing "feelers" never returned to the Device. But a passive scan (an alert Device, for instance) would totally miss Nena's presence.

It would also be possible to track Nena's weapon, though it would need to be from close range. Her neutron rifle isn't in the same size class as the Numbers' cannon. It's much smaller and thus generates far less heat (otherwise, Nena herself would be a crispy critter just by firing it).

Not to mention Nena tries not to be detected, rather unlike many of the enemies that Nanoha & Co. have fought up to this point.
Old 2009-07-20, 15:08   Link #7520
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Wonder if she'd act like a magnetised person in a server room

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content