Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-09-08, 13:39   Link #21
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
Oh... and not the cornrows? Damn!
The corn-rows are a subtle hint that he will start rapping soon.
Old 2009-09-08, 13:49   Link #22
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
So, like I've told many before it was obvious that Saskue had Susano'o as well [Although it is incomplete]! Like I said before, Amateratsu can be dodged and easily dodged by Raikage with enough speed! Not even the Sharingan can follow Raikage's movements!

Raikage for the win!!
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 13:58   Link #23
darkmaster074
------

Spoiler for Naruto 463 Spoiler:
darkmaster074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 13:58   Link #24
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I don't care much about Susanoo, I find MS jutsu powerful but rather boring. In the other hand Sasuke shaping the flame of Amaterasu as an armor is more interesting.
Well that spoiler hadn't come out when I originally posted .

Now that it has, though, holy cow, that is cool. Finally a new use for this technique, something we have never seen before: Flame Armor. Pretty cool.

That being said, how did the other kumo-nin know how proficient Itachi was with the technique? While Itachi undoubtedly had to use Amaterasu during his missing-nin days (otherwise how would his eyes have deteriorated so far), how did knowledge of the technique spread to Kumo of all places, but not Konoha?

Additionally, the fact that Sasuke is having so much problem with Susanoo might be because he hasn't been shown to fully use Tsukuyomi yet. Or, at least, that is my prediction. Also, it is nice to know that Susanoo can defend without the magic mirror thingie.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 14:22   Link #25
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Here is a better translation of the summary.

Spoiler for 463:
Old 2009-09-08, 14:24   Link #26
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I am wondering if that means Kishi is contradicting himself with the MS jutsu transferred to Sasuke. If what Itachi used was a solely Amaterasu transferring jutsu, then it is a real mystery, how Susanoo was able to show itself here. And if that is the case, then the jutsu transfer seems to be a package only option. Either transfer all, or no transfer at all, kind of...

And, if Raikage did indeed jump there, that may be the turning point for the fight.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 14:28   Link #27
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Not really, from the last Databook Susanoo is meant to awaken once Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu are mastered hence why many theorized Sasuke woud soon be able to use Susanoo after his fight with Bee.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 14:44   Link #28
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I didn't see that. I just checked, and it may be as what you said. But, I don't know if it is a given (like it appears itself) or is it something that you need to awaken (kind of like how Kakashi found his ability).

Anyways, that means, what Sasuke used earlier on one of Raikage's men may actually be Tsukuyomi (I am not sure whether he used that before, I considered the previous abilities he displayed with MS to be something different from Tsukuyomi, kind of like a genjutsu with MS).

(Also with this new info for me, I start to think that Itachi's goal may be different than what was initially shown and told. Sasuke gaining Amaterasu may also mean transferring Susanoo to him. And I guess if Sasuke gets Itachi's eyes later on, he may also be able to use the artifacts that were attached to Itachi's Susanoo.)
Old 2009-09-08, 14:52   Link #29
james0246

^Itachi specifically used a technique known as Tensha Fuuin: Amaterasu to seal a Amaterasu in Sasuke's eye. So, we already know how (and also why) a Amaterasu was sealed. Added to that, the technique only produces an effect under specific circumstances and stimuli, and the seal shown is Itachi MS design. So, if Itachi did seal any other techniques (etc) into Sasuke it was not by any means we currently know, and most probably did not even occur to begin with.

This discussion is best left in another thread, though, one that has already debated this point ad infinitum.
Old 2009-09-08, 14:55   Link #30
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Furious backhand chop! I loveit.

I can see it now... Raikage's secret jutsu.. LUCHADOR MASK! bwahahahahaha WTF is going on lol
Old 2009-09-08, 14:58   Link #31
james0246

^Kishimoto obviously started reading Kinnikuman again recently, Or at least Michinoku Pro Wrestling (which, coincidentally was founded by the Great Sasuke).
Old 2009-09-08, 15:08   Link #32
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Impressive spoiler
Though we were supposed to know so, I'm absolutely amazed and surprised by Raikage's powers. He had to be strong, but I didn't think that he'd be that strong. He seems to be amazingly strong, maybe stronger than anything we've seen so far (concerning power of course!)
Old 2009-09-08, 15:12   Link #33
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Phew, finally back from my trip to Peru. I tell ya, 2 weeks without internet connectivity is a real pain for an internet junkie like myself .

-Anyway, from what the spoilers suggest, it seems like Kishimoto is finally done with making Sasuke appear God-like against every enemy he faces. Sure, I don't expect him to lose this fight but at least now I can stomach his victories. Frankly, if he was having an easy time against a kage-level opponent I would have immediately called "shenannings". I suppose this means the manga is returning to form (or at least creating some sort of constant) in its fights. I mean, even the Pain vs. Naruto fight wasn't all that one-sided. Sure, we knew Naruto was set to win but throughout the fight I had no clue how he was going to do it. That being said, I love the Raikage right now. I knew that golden belt was more than just a simple decoration he had on him.
Old 2009-09-08, 15:27   Link #34
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

I dunno, if that chidori wasn't able to penetrate, he had better pull something out of his ass quick to do some real damage.
Old 2009-09-08, 15:32   Link #35
james0246

^Time to Kirin the whole damn country, so kill 'em all .
Old 2009-09-08, 15:36   Link #36
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

^Yeah, advanced Kirin v2.0, fire + fart for extra thunder clouds. That's pulling something out of his ass forsure.
Old 2009-09-08, 16:07   Link #37
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I wonder why Sasuke didn't use what Itachi used against him. Katon jutsu and converting the fire to the black fire with Amaterasu. Considering the range of his katon jutsu, it may be difficult even for Raikage to escape that completely, and with Amaterasu flavor added on it, he cannot charge through it either.

Anyway, I think Sasuke hasn't mastered the MS techniques he has, and he is currently suffering for that (and, the exaggeration of the bleeding from Sasuke's eye(s) might be readying us for an eye transplant in the near future). But, as usual, the longer Sasuke survives a battle, the higher the chance for him to increase the effectiveness of his jutsus. Especially against an opponent that uses techniques based on his most effective elemental ability.

And about the Kirin. With all the lightning Raikage generates on his body, that may be sufficient for Sasuke to direct his own lightning through Raikage, in a way to use Raikage's own lightning against him. But, I highly doubt Kishi is capable of creating such a scenario without any holes in it.
Old 2009-09-08, 16:14   Link #38
Viron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Sasuke goes flying and is on the ground when Raikage tells him that this is the end and then leaps into the air…
I have the feeling that Madara will get Sasuke out there right before the Raikage smashs him with his landing.
That's the best reason I can think of, why Madara would leave his conversation so suddenly.
Viron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 16:25   Link #39
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I think you guys are all forgetting that Raikage was able to fight on par with Killerbee in his beast form. Considering that Sasuke literally got owned by Killerbee...I'd say Sasukes going to have a hard time.

Sasuke doesn't have Itachi's h4x skills.
Old 2009-09-08, 17:04   Link #40
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I'm wondering why Sasuke doesn't just cast any ol Sharingan Genjutsu on Raikage. Sure, it probably wouldn't have given him the time to counter, but I'm pretty sure it would've given him time to escape. Instead, Sasuke relies on the very best thing he has, the very thing which drains him of chakra extremely fast. Sasuke could've done that pretty easily imho.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion