AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-17, 11:13   Link #21
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
I think that Hei loose his wish to live. Maybe he is alive just because so many people or contractors have been sacrificed for him. Amber did everything for him, Bai to... even Huang. So, it wouldn`t be hard to think that Yin made the same thing.
So, maybe now that he crossed paths with Suou, he can have a new reason to live and helps her to achieve her goal... but after that....
I have some kind of feeling... i dont think that Hei survive this season.

Last edited by Vanehei; 2009-10-17 at 12:05.
Old 2009-10-17, 12:00   Link #22
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Or he might just not care at all anymore, as a result of whatever happened to Yin. It's pretty obvious just from his appearance that his desire to live has gone down quite a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima View Post
I think that Hei loose his wish to live. Maybe he is alive just because so many people or contractors have sacrifice for him. Amber did everything for him, Bai to... even Huang. So, it wouldt be hard to think that Yin made the same thing.
So, maybe now that he crossed paths with Suou, he can have a new reason to live and helps her to achieve her goal...
I have some kind of feeling... i dont think that Hei survive this season.
='(

A Cowboy Bebop ending?...Spike loses everything in the end and goes out with a bang...
Old 2009-10-17, 12:11   Link #23
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Nooooo ;__;
Don't let that happen.

If he really didn't want to be alive, he would've been dead already. It still gives me hope that Yin is alive somehow so he's struggling on how much he can do atm, whether he's being black-mailed into it or not.
Old 2009-10-17, 12:53   Link #24
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

tbh, i'm desperate to want to know what happened between Hei and Yin and if Yin's still alive.
Old 2009-10-17, 12:56   Link #25
sintaki

^same here
Old 2009-10-17, 17:30   Link #26
4zure

The more I watch Hei, the more I miss Amber. All her efforts (and faint smiles ._.) are in vains. The guy is now a drunken hobo. Unfair ! T_T
But I see a glimpse of hope; with Hei saving Suou even it wasn't "rational", I could see the old nice guy. He may be darker, more merciless but it's quite understanble after what happened to him.
What I 'd like to say is that, yes he's tired hunted man but between him and the red line of insanity, there is a quite good distance.
Old 2009-10-17, 23:00   Link #27
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4zure View Post
The more I watch Hei, the more I miss Amber. All her efforts (and faint smiles ._.) are in vains. The guy is now a drunken hobo. Unfair ! T_T
But I see a glimpse of hope; with Hei saving Suou even it wasn't "rational", I could see the old nice guy. He may be darker, more merciless but it's quite understanble after what happened to him.
What I 'd like to say is that, yes he's tired hunted man but between him and the red line of insanity, there is a quite good distance.
Cowboy Bebop reference:

Suou = Radical Edward, maybe Faye
Amber/Yin = Julia
Hei = Spike
Syndicate = Vicious/Red Dragon Syndicate

DTB S2, episode 12 = Cowboy Bebop, episode 26: "Real Folk Blues II"
Old 2009-10-18, 01:26   Link #28
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

I'm more interested in how this Suou + Hei deal is going to pan out than seeing what happened with Yin. Particularly because...

Spoiler for ep 2 spoilers (do I need this spoiler marker?):
Old 2009-10-18, 04:23   Link #29
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust Romance View Post
Nooooo ;__;
Don't let that happen.

If he really didn't want to be alive, he would've been dead already. It still gives me hope that Yin is alive somehow so he's struggling on how much he can do atm, whether he's being black-mailed into it or not.
This is what I've been trying to tell myself since ep 1 >___<

And I will hang on to it!

*huggles Yin's observer apparition*
Old 2009-10-18, 10:31   Link #30
Reka

So did his voice change or something? cause I watched that ova thing before I started watching S2 and he sounded... different I thought that he was a fake first =S
Old 2009-10-18, 14:52   Link #31
Battler-kun

Of course Hei wants to die.

Just like Spike Spiegel he definitely will.
Old 2009-10-18, 17:00   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
I'm more interested in how this Suou + Hei deal is going to pan out than seeing what happened with Yin. Particularly because...

Spoiler for ep 2 spoilers (do I need this spoiler marker?):
I don't think you should just jump to conclusions like that. I mean it's not fact yet.
Old 2009-10-18, 19:20   Link #33
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post

Just like Spike Spiegel he definitely will.
Shhhh.

Don't jinx it
(then again alot of people thought the same thing for season 1...heh )
Old 2009-10-18, 21:29   Link #34
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't think you should just jump to conclusions like that. I mean it's not fact yet.
Agreed.

I just think it's that he's inside that anti-contractor power nullifying field that his star has faded due to it's effects while he's in the field, so I wouldn't write off his powers just yet, even if I thought they'd take his powers away which I don't really think they will do since a flawed emotional human having the powers of a contractor and having to deal with the consequences of that is such a strong theme. Also, unexpectedly for those deploying it there's a meteor fragment in there with them that just reacted which is a wild card in how they are going to get out.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2009-10-18 at 21:46.
Old 2009-10-19, 05:06   Link #35
Battler-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust Romance View Post
Shhhh.

Don't jinx it
(then again alot of people thought the same thing for season 1...heh )
Well, if they plan to make another sequel, then his chances aren't zero.
But otherwise i would really bet some money on it.
Old 2009-10-19, 14:34   Link #36
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
If Hei ever got contractor powers of his own, his remuneration would be immortality for sure
Old 2009-10-21, 17:48   Link #37
X207
Gamyūsa

whats the deal behind hei's lack of remuneration? as i understand, he got his powers from his sister. since she died im guessing she paid off the remuneration in full so he doesnt have to go thru with it. can his appetite be due to the fact that the powers give him a fast metabolism to support that ability?
Old 2009-10-21, 18:06   Link #38
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
whats the deal behind hei's lack of remuneration? as i understand, he got his powers from his sister. since she died im guessing she paid off the remuneration in full so he doesnt have to go thru with it. can his appetite be due to the fact that the powers give him a fast metabolism to support that ability?
It's hard to know for certain, until we find out just what his appetite was like before he got his sister's power.
Old 2009-10-21, 18:21   Link #39
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
It's hard to know for certain, until we find out just what his appetite was like before he got his sister's power.
it may be a while before we know his old eating habits before his contractor days. we may see the old habits reappear in ep3 or later. though i wouldnt be surprised if the appetite really does compensate for the powers.
Old 2009-10-21, 18:23   Link #40
Xacual

Umm, we already know he used to eat a lot before, it was commented on that his eating habits hadn't changed at all. We also know from season 1 that renumeration for a power lies with the body owning that power. Hei's power isn't his own, its Bai's so when she died and transfered the power to Hei, the power still belongs to Bai though so he has no renumeration. I mean Mao in S1 didn't have renumeration because he lost his original body. Thats the same with Hei's power, you can think that the power's original body was lost.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Closed Thread

Tags
characters