AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-15, 14:18   Link #1
Tsuchi

Darker Than Black II OAD - Discuss your expectation, speculation, etc..

The following is taken from ANN:
The official website for the Darker Than Black: Ryūsei no Gemini television anime series has begun streaming a promotional video for the first Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha side story. The side stories recount what happens to the main character Hei in the two years between the original Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha science-fiction adventure series and the ongoing Darker Than Black: Ryūsei no Gemini sequel. The side story videos will be bundled with the even-numbered Blu-ray Disc and DVD volumes of Darker Than Black: Ryūsei no Gemini. (The second BD and DVD volumes will ship on January 27 in Japan.)

Official Link
Old 2009-11-15, 16:04   Link #2
Bombo
TSF Fans

Amber alive!? or just memory from hei with her!?
amg many things happen in video
Old 2009-11-15, 18:00   Link #3
Mangaka-chan

That looks like Amber to me. Though if it is her how the heck did she become an adult again? With what she did at the ending of S1 she should be a morula right now.
Old 2009-11-15, 19:27   Link #4
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
That looks like Amber to me. Though if it is her how the heck did she become an adult again? With what she did at the ending of S1 she should be a morula right now.
naw i'd say blastula...because it's cooler.

I wonder if it's a look-alike amber fake! I mean amber is so popular, so they had to use her for promotional reasons ;X. I really want the good amber though :'( i miss herrr
Old 2009-11-15, 19:38   Link #5
Radik

The ability she's using doesn't seem to be anything related to time manipulation so it's unlikely to be Amber. It looks more like she's capable of taking control over other contractors' actions (I doubt Hei stabbed himself on purpose so that's most likely her doing).
Old 2009-11-15, 19:41   Link #6
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radik View Post
The ability she's using doesn't seem to be anything related to time manipulation so it's unlikely to be Amber. It looks more like she's capable of taking control over other contractors' actions (I doubt Hei stabbed himself on purpose so that's most likely her doing).
Maybe he thought he was dreaming so he stabbed himself .

Yeah thats why i said it was more of a look-alike amber to 1) promote the thing and 2) To make Hei upset/catch him off guard
Old 2009-11-16, 01:09   Link #7
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radik View Post
He could stab himself to try to snap out of whatever control the Amber look-alike is having over him. It's a common troupe in anime.
Old 2009-11-16, 04:20   Link #8
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

She probably isn't Amber.

Amber has no reason to work for the Syndicate.
Old 2009-11-16, 13:09   Link #9
SilverHeimdall

Amber's gone anyway.
Seems to be a twin sister or I dunno! O:

Damn all this DtB is making want even more!
Old 2009-11-16, 23:38   Link #10
fedor mma

Maybe its an evil syndicate Amber clone? or a flashback from the heavens war? Too bad we are gonna have to wait a while to find out.
Old 2009-11-16, 23:46   Link #11
McMilk
*Artist

Who cares about Amber when HeixYin is involved!
Just kidding. I doubt that's Amber... her (the one in the video) ability doesn't seem like it relate to turning back time. She totally looks like bitch Amber (enemy) to me.

Or maybe she's C.C.
Old 2009-11-16, 23:59   Link #12
fedor mma

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMilk View Post
Who cares about Amber when HeixYin is involved!
Just kidding. I doubt that's Amber... her (the one in the video) ability doesn't seem like it relate to turning back time. She totally looks like bitch Amber (enemy) to me.

Or maybe she's C.C.
hehe well thats because Amber>>Yin. .She's cuter,has a better figure and has a personality. Anyway the action from the trailer looks awesome as usual.
Old 2009-11-17, 00:17   Link #13
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedor mma View Post
hehe well thats because Amber>>Yin. .She's cuter,has a better figure and has a personality. Anyway the action from the trailer looks awesome as usual.
Blasphemous! Guards! Seize him! Off with his head!

Amber and Yin occupy two very different "genres", if I may use the word, each having their own appeal.
Old 2009-11-17, 02:44   Link #14
jonli
JONLIの憂'

It's probably just an Amber look-alike. I thought they summed up Amber's relation with Hei pretty well in Season 1, it gave a really bittersweet ending to it. I don't think they would foul that.

Besides Hei's been pimping TOO MUCH lately, even in Hobo-mode, another girl into the formula would just complicate the equation.

I wonder what explanation are they gonna give though, a twin sister or a clone is not going to suffice for me. A contractor who loves Amber's ideals so much that she had plastic surgery to modify herself into an exact replica?
Old 2009-11-17, 05:30   Link #15
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Just a thought/speculation on the number of side episode count that will be featured in the even figure bundle: Providing this is a one cour series, and each DVD/Blu Ray box contain two episodes, we should see 3 episodes of this OAD aka DVD-only on DtB2 Season.
Old 2009-11-17, 12:15   Link #16
hei

According to Official Site, the OAD series will be 4 episodes. Though, I don't know how many DVD/BR box sets they are planning to make this season.

As for Amber lookalike girl, I initially thought she's very unlikely to be Amber. But I found something interesting in the video. Her lip's moving but there is no voice. Among all characters, only her voice is muted. Stragne. Well... Amber's voice actress has been ill since last year and she is coming back soon. Just coincidence? Or another commercially motivated trick to lure Amber fans? Who knows! Anyway, I will not ignore a possibility of real Amber (probably in Hei's flashback).

Last edited by hei; 2009-11-17 at 12:35.
Old 2009-11-17, 13:35   Link #17
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Well, Hei's a lady-killer and seeing a Amber look-alike going after his butt doesn't really surprise me

But I doubt it's really her too, like you guys mentioned.
Bones be teasing those Amber fans, I feel bad lol.
Old 2009-11-17, 14:37   Link #18
hei

It's not officially confirmed yet, but it is said that the scenario of the OAD was written by Suga Shotaro, who was in charge of series composition of the latter part of S1 and wrote scripts of 7 episodes in total (ANN). Simply, he was a main writer of S1, though he was not involved with making S2 yet probably because of the OAD work. So I assume that the OAD would be more like S1 rather than S2.

Last edited by hei; 2009-11-17 at 15:45.
Old 2009-11-17, 16:42   Link #19
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hei View Post
It's not officially confirmed yet, but it is said that the scenario of the OAD was written by Suga Shotaro, who was in charge of series composition of the latter part of S1 and wrote scripts of 7 episodes in total (ANN). Simply, he was a main writer of S1, though he was not involved with making S2 yet probably because of the OAD work. So I assume that the OAD would be more like S1 rather than S2.
I'm happy to hear that. I miss the S1 vibe... Yeah, I noticed that the trailer already felt more like S1 than S2.

Some wild battle scenes there, eh? I can't wait.
Old 2009-11-17, 20:32   Link #20
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I'm happy to hear that. I miss the S1 vibe... Yeah, I noticed that the trailer already felt more like S1 than S2.

Some wild battle scenes there, eh? I can't wait.
Justice exists!