AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-05, 06:43   Link #1
dead end33

Good not over the top comedys

im lookin for some good comedys like GTO, full metal panic sorta thing any sugestions
Old 2004-08-05, 08:42   Link #2
HoboGod
Necromancer

not over the top, eh? maybe you should draw a line somewhere, what goes over the top?
Old 2004-08-05, 12:20   Link #3
Silent Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead end33
im lookin for some good comedys like GTO, full metal panic sorta thing any sugestions
I thought a girl smacking a military fanboy into a wall with fan was over the top (FMP). Or A teacher getting pictures of him edited to seem lewd in front of the school (GTO) to be over the top. Maybe you mean stuff like "Ping Pong club" and "Excel Saga" as over the top?

Anyways,maybe you should check out the second season of FMP, the first season was chalked full of Drama, but the second was nothing but comedy .

Maybe 2 X 2 = SHinobou, My friends thought it was funny, but I kept say WTF after every joke.
Old 2004-08-06, 00:42   Link #4
dead end33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
not over the top, eh? maybe you should draw a line somewhere, what goes over the top?
to clarify over the top i would have to say excele saga because its almost imposible to completely understand
Old 2004-08-06, 06:02   Link #5
AngelKyo
Shizune is numba#1

Send a message via AIM to AngelKyo Send a message via MSN to AngelKyo Send a message via Yahoo to AngelKyo
Um Excel saga's last episode is pretty uncensored, not suggest for children under 14...lol
Old 2004-08-06, 08:02   Link #6
Silent Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead end33
to clarify over the top i would have to say excele saga because its almost imposible to completely understand
I have heard that on the DVD they put pop ups on confusing parts, so a person who did not have any knowledge of 20 years of Japanese pop culture could understand. So if you get the DVD it is a little easier to understand, but that series is still pretty over the top.
Old 2004-08-06, 14:32   Link #7
HoboGod
Necromancer

So nothing above Excel Saga.... well that crosses out Rizelmine, FLCL, and Puni Puni Poemi among other things...

Well then, I will recommend the following:
Slayers is quite hularious. It is also pretty popular, so if you haven't seen it, it will be easy to find.
Yu Yu Hakusho is funny, it has mostly action, but there are things in that show that make me crack up.... unfortunatly if you watched it on cartoon network, alot of those funny parts were cencored.
Flame of Recca is, again, mostly action, but it has alot more comic relief than most action shows. I would reccommend the manga tho. the anime is shorter and doesn't have as much flavor as the manga.
Jubei-chan is also quite funny, but it is easier to apreciate the jokes if you have some understanding of japanese language.
Air Master is mostly comedy with action relief, it takes a pretty good sence of humor to realize that the 99.9% of the entire show is a joke.
Saiyuki is awsome, but unfortunately, it is hard to find the original series. T_T
Old 2004-08-06, 19:04   Link #8
dead end33

to update heres a list of what i have and currently watchin
saiyuki
yuyu hakusho
FLCL yes it was over the top
airmaster
Old 2004-08-07, 02:45   Link #9
HoboGod
Necromancer

okay, then i'll make my reccomendation list longer. ^_^

Bakuretsu Hunters (also known as Sorcerer Hunters) is one that i'm suprised i forgot to mention, if you like pervert humor, this one is hularious. It is about a guy who asks every girl he sees to go on a date except for the two girls that are actually in love with him. He is afraid of those 2 girls because they are into S&M. XD (well, the plot of the show is actually something else completely, more of a magical fantasy type show)
Dirty Pair is pretty damn funny. It is quite old, so it might be hard to find.
Gunsmith Cats is funny, or at least the manga is... i've never seen the anime to tell the truth. ^_^;;
Master Mosquiton made me laugh alot, something about a vampire being at the mercy of a power-hungry human girl that has so much potential for comedy.
Combustible Campus Guardress is funny as hell, but so far i've only seen the first OVA.
Getbackers is mostly action, but has lots of light-hearted comic relief, expecially one episode where the getbackers go on a beach vacation, very little of the main characters are atually shown that episode, but the side characters do some of the most hularious things.
Old 2004-08-09, 03:55   Link #10
dead end33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
okay, then i'll make my reccomendation list longer. ^_^

Bakuretsu Hunters (also known as Sorcerer Hunters) is one that i'm suprised i forgot to mention, if you like pervert humor, this one is hularious. It is about a guy who asks every girl he sees to go on a date except for the two girls that are actually in love with him. He is afraid of those 2 girls because they are into S&M. XD (well, the plot of the show is actually something else completely, more of a magical fantasy type show)
Dirty Pair is pretty damn funny. It is quite old, so it might be hard to find.
Gunsmith Cats is funny, or at least the manga is... i've never seen the anime to tell the truth. ^_^;;
Master Mosquiton made me laugh alot, something about a vampire being at the mercy of a power-hungry human girl that has so much potential for comedy.
Combustible Campus Guardress is funny as hell, but so far i've only seen the first OVA.
Getbackers is mostly action, but has lots of light-hearted comic relief, expecially one episode where the getbackers go on a beach vacation, very little of the main characters are atually shown that episode, but the side characters do some of the most hularious things.
gunsmith cats is a pretty good anime but it is only like three episodes long but it pretty good more action than comedy and i started to watch getbackers but it got licensed and im flat broke
Old 2004-08-11, 17:16   Link #11
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
There were only four episodes. If you've seen those then you've seen it all, but it was very funny.

Since this list seems to be leaning towards action shows with comedy, I wanted to add two more to the list:

Martian Successor Nadesico flips back and forth between really out there comedy, really subtle comedy, and really dramatic plot. The important thing to remember about this show is that you can't blink; you might miss 20 more jokes and a couple of important plot points. Yes it's that busy.

The Irresponsible Captain Tylor is about the laziest man in the universe who just happens to be really good at commanding a warship. Zaniness ensues, but the show never goes over the top. Solid writing, story, cast and art all combined to make one of the best anime series ever.
Closed Thread