AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-01, 13:01   Link #161
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Incorrect. This is a scent that gave her a sense of what she was before her awakening. It never gave her back any memories, she said as much and was disappointed that the source of the scent didn't return her memories. This has to do with partial awakenings. In short all it did was help her overcome her cravings and restore her humanity. Her memories will most likely return on there own once/if she reverts.
I guess I wasn't really clear with what I said. I meant that to Prissy this was a chance to regain something lost since the smell reminded her of something (which means it was connected with her past and the memories she lost thus the time before she awakened) I said she was looking for the source of the scent to try to regain her memories - and as you said it didn't happen.
And you're actually missing the point that Prissy doesn't know who Teresa is - to her this is just a scent that is somehow connected to her. In a sense the only one that cares about teresa in this manga is Clare.

And about why she didn't sense her at Pieta, for once she was further away and there was snow. Secondly she had a source of the scent near her thus even if some of the faint one from Clare (faint due to the first reason) she didn't destinguish that it came from a different place. Third if we accept that the smell on Raki was from the time that means that it's connected to Yoki release and at Pieta the Claymores were under the effects of those pills thus their power was reduced and also Clare was far weaker thus her Yoki release was more limited. This time aorund however Clare used a lot of Yoki to fight with Rafaela and that was probably enough to attract Prissy to a nearby location where she could sense it more clearly. Of course this is based on the asumption that the scent is connected to the yoki so it might be completely wrong
Old 2010-02-01, 13:07   Link #162
kureimur

With the power that Prissy has, is there any possibility that Clare could defeat her?
Old 2010-02-01, 13:09   Link #163
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kureimur View Post
With the power that Prissy has, is there any possibility that Clare could defeat her?
The only chance she has is if she fully awakens, and then, it's only a chance.

We're dealing with a girl who has a piece of someone super-strong, against a girl who already surpassed her as a whole.

"This is my life's purpose"

Anybody think Claire is making her fatal mistake?
Old 2010-02-01, 13:12   Link #164
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by kureimur View Post
At the moment not a chance in hell, this fight is pretty typical for a Shōnen manga the hero always gets there arses kicked in the frist fight against the antagonist.
Old 2010-02-01, 13:17   Link #165
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
At the moment not a chance in hell, this fight is pretty typical for a Shōnen manga the hero always gets there arses kicked in the frist fight against the antagonist.
It's a bit different then that though; because even if Claire fully-awakens, and by some miracle actually wins, it's not like it'll be without consequence.

She'll be a rampaging monster without control and replace Priscilla as the newest godlike power on the island.

If she fully awakens, kills her and manages to revert back though....I think I may stop reading .
Old 2010-02-01, 13:30   Link #166
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
I guess I wasn't really clear with what I said. I meant that to Prissy this was a chance to regain something lost since the smell reminded her of something (which means it was connected with her past and the memories she lost thus the time before she awakened) I said she was looking for the source of the scent to try to regain her memories - and as you said it didn't happen.
And you're actually missing the point that Prissy doesn't know who Teresa is - to her this is just a scent that is somehow connected to her. In a sense the only one that cares about teresa in this manga is Clare.

And about why she didn't sense her at Pieta, for once she was further away and there was snow. Secondly she had a source of the scent near her thus even if some of the faint one from Clare (faint due to the first reason) she didn't destinguish that it came from a different place. Third if we accept that the smell on Raki was from the time that means that it's connected to Yoki release and at Pieta the Claymores were under the effects of those pills thus their power was reduced and also Clare was far weaker thus her Yoki release was more limited. This time aorund however Clare used a lot of Yoki to fight with Rafaela and that was probably enough to attract Prissy to a nearby location where she could sense it more clearly. Of course this is based on the asumption that the scent is connected to the yoki so it might be completely wrong
First off... snow doesn't effect scents. You see, Polar Bears can sense blood up to 100 miles in many estimates and sharks can smell blood underwater (and T-rexs could smell in stereo , that's a fact not a joke). So distance isn't really an issue either even with snow (water). Priscilla tracked down Clare after all and she was 2 fights away from her. Next off you mention the half a pill they took, which theoretically didn't effect them until they passed out. So it shouldn't have blocked there scents or some AB (likely Rigardo) would have noticed. Also Priscilla called two of them so much brighter than the rest, so she could sense there yokis and if your comments about yoki power affecting scent is true then she should have smelled them.

Also you have a glaring error in your logic, the scent didn't remind her of anything so your comment about it reminding her of something is just wrong. Sorry. It only gave her a notion of what she was (type of person she was)... there was no recollection of any event.

Even if I ignore that comment and just go by the rest of your logic your making a major assumption. That the smell is connected to her past. We have nothing to base this notion on. It's speculation at best. However the way you worded that makes it sound like that is all you believe is possible. I think your view is jaded based upon an assumption that you seem to hold as the only truth. No offensive. The "familiar scent" (which is what I'm assuming your logic is based upon) could be anything, even her own awakening or just that since the scent made her feel her past self, so she calls it familiar. I mean lets think about this... Clare is only part of Teresa, so only half the scent (at best) and Raki is god knows what portion of Clare... so how does Priscilla smell Teresa on Raki? It makes no sense.

You maybe right that it is Teresa scent due to the "familiar scent comments" (as impossible as that seems) but then we encounter the next problem...How Teresa's scent restores Priscilla's humanity? There's no logic to that... too many other awakened beings have memories of there past and it hasn't helped one of them revert. Don't forget Isley too changed due to Raki, not as much as Priscilla but still he had an effect. The partial awakening of Clare has to tied into this... it's the only thing that explain the effects on Priscilla (and Isley). Hopefully, you now see my point. I'm trying to explain the effects on Priscilla and Raki... you seem to be looking for an explanation as to what is familiar and then coming up with an explanation based on your assumption. That kinda logic can justify anything.
Old 2010-02-01, 13:34   Link #167
Gooral
Banned

I have just been thinking, Priscilla said that normal hellcat can't possess her because their "basic strength is too different". What if Destoyer has similar abilities and can also leech of claymores and AB, do you think it could also take control over Priscilla?
Old 2010-02-01, 13:46   Link #168
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I have just been thinking, Priscilla said that normal hellcat can't possess her because their "basic strength is too different". What if Destoyer has similar abilities and can also leech of claymores and AB, do you think it could also take control over Priscilla?
Depends upon two things:

First if the rods it shoots are any stronger...

Second Priscilla's power vs The Destroyer's power.
  • However since Priscilla is strong enough to block and then destroy a hellcat poll, a direct attack from The Destroyer... I'd be willing to venture a guess and say no. However it is possible.
  • Even with a rod slicing an arm of Priscilla... even Noel harmed Priscilla. So there's nothing significant about that.

I suppose that might mean Priscilla might revert back and get weaker to tone her powers down a bit. (pure speculation on my part though...)
Old 2010-02-01, 13:48   Link #169
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Prissy been powering up, while the destroyer gets weaker with each cat girl it shoots out. If this trend continues, even if the destroyer was stronger than prissy, eventually Prissy should be stronger than the destroyer.
Old 2010-02-01, 13:53   Link #170
Gooral
Banned

This idea is just an idea, I don't believe it's possible either if only for the reason that it would make things too complicated, a being that is strong as Priscilla + Raciella... That would be sth only Teresa could defeat ;P. But I wasn't thinking about Destroyer shooting more rods at her, rather do what she tried with Clare and absorb Priscilla or influence her by using her tentacles (the ones she used to get rid of Clare).

@Gangsta
It depends on whether Destroyer has any intelligence or not, maybe it can and will replenish it's strength. Also, if every hellcat it shoot attacked Priscilla she would become weaker too.
Old 2010-02-01, 13:55   Link #171
rukori
Bloody legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
SCENE 100: "Meeting with the Bitter Enemy" (仇敵邂逅)

Deneve: What...what the hell...that person, why is she able to walk normally around here?
Clare: Pris..cilla
Priscilla: I'm so hungry...all these long years...always...always...always...always I kept enduring...following this weak scent to finally come here.
Helen: What is she saying, that girl?
Priscilla: And so...who...are you?
Deneve: Clare!
(Priscilla stomps Clare)
Priscilla: Not even knowing what you are facing, can you don't die so easily?
Helen & Deneve: (referring to Priscilla crushing a pole) Impossible, she can crush that thing with one hand.
Helen: Ku...
Deneve: Don't move Helen, it's impossible for us to interfere.
Helen: That idiot, what the hell is she going mad about?
Deneve: But I feel that person's level is different from those we have encountered before.
Priscilla: Strange...from the scent it seems to be from you, but seeing you don't make me remember anything. Who are you? I thought by meeting you will enable me to regain my lost memories. However, I have no idea why I'm searching for you. Yes, from here onwards there aren't much choices to choose from.
(Helen stretches her arm to attack Priscilla but she grabs hold of it)
Priscilla: Using this arm to kill you should make me remember something.
Deneve: Clare, wait, this isn't working, that person is totally under another different level. Anyway, we should retreat and leave.
Clare: The spraying from Rafaela and Luciela is almost over, during that time you both should get as far away as possible from here. I was intending to bring down the Organization once we meet up with Miria and the rest, but now is no longer possible.
Deneve: Clare, what are you saying?
Clare: I'm sorry, I have to abandon my identity as a human.
Helen: You idiot, what are you saying, don't do this!
Helen: What about that boy, didn't you come to the west because of him?
Clare: I just wanted to meet Raki and say farewell once I find out he's safe. Now with this person in front of me, I was intending to do just that. My reason to live is to kill this bastard.
Deneve: Is Clare intending to become that thing like in Pieta?
Clare: Spraying is over, go Deneve, Helen!
Priscilla: What is this...
Clare: Gaaaaaa
(Clare slashes Priscilla all over, but is dealt a slashing blow over her body instead)
Priscilla: What is this...weren't you not supposed to awaken?

To be continued April issue.

This is only partial... right?
It'd be really disappointing if it's all the dialogue.
Old 2010-02-01, 13:57   Link #172
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukori View Post
This is only partial... right?
It'd be really disappointing if it's all the dialogue.
That's all of it... it's mostly fighting with little talk. It's over 30 pages though.
Old 2010-02-01, 13:58   Link #173
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Yes, Yuma is safe for another month!

I predict that this conversation will happen next month...
Prisscilla- So just why are you so intent on killing me?
Claire- You killed Teresa!
Priss- Help me out here. I've probably killed a bunch of people named Teresa.
Claire- Former number 1 you were sent to kill, beat the daylights out of you until you cheapshoted her by pretending to surrender!
Priss- Oh, that Teresea. Honest mistake, like a bunch of the people on forums, I assumed she was so powerful, that bieng decapitated would just slow her down.
Old 2010-02-01, 14:05   Link #174
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Depends upon two things:

First if the rods it shoots are any stronger...

Second Priscilla's power vs The Destroyer's power.
  • However since Priscilla is strong enough to block and then destroy a hellcat poll, a direct attack from The Destroyer... I'd be willing to venture a guess and say no. However it is possible.
  • Even with a rod slicing an arm of Priscilla... even Noel harmed Priscilla. So there's nothing significant about that.

I suppose that might mean Priscilla might revert back and get weaker to tone her powers down a bit. (pure speculation on my part though...)
Just because a rod sliced her doesn't mean it actually inflicted damage. Durability is the same in the human form of everything, be it warrior, or Awakened.

Goes back to Riful getting her head sliced by Claire and not feeling a thing, and getting chomped and saying it's the worst.
Old 2010-02-01, 14:06   Link #175
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post

Claire- Former number 1 you were sent to kill, beat the daylights out of you until you cheapshoted her by pretending to surrender!
Priss- Oh, that Teresea. Honest mistake, like a bunch of the people on forums, I assumed she was so powerful, that bieng decapitated would just slow her down.
I love you right now!

I'll help defend you from all 104 members of the Army of Teresa... so 2 vs 52 wait, I'm a member of that.... So it will only be 2 vs 51.5. See the odds just keep getting better
Old 2010-02-01, 14:10   Link #176
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post

ROFLMAO, I think this conversation applies to all of us
Old 2010-02-01, 14:11   Link #177
Joe_fh

Quote:
First off... snow doesn't effect scents. You see, Polar Bears can sense blood up to 100 miles in many estimates and sharks can smell blood underwater (and T-rexs could smell in stereo , that's a fact not a joke). So distance isn't really an issue either even with snow. She found Clare after all and she was 2 fights away from her. Next off you mention the half a pill they took, which theoretically didn't effect them until they passed out. So it shouldn't have blocked there scents. Also Priscilla called two of them so much brighter than the rest, so she could sense there yokis and if you comments about yoki power affecting scent is true then she should have smelled them.

Also you have a glaring error in your logic, the scent didn't remind her of anything so your comment about it reminding her of something is just wrong. Sorry.

Even if I ignore that comment and just go by the rest of your logic your making a major assumption. That the smell is connected to her past. We have nothing to base this notion on. It's speculation at best. However the way you worded that makes it sound like that is all you believe is possible. I think your view is jaded based upon an assumption that you seem to hold as the only truth. No offensive. The "familiar scent" could be anything, even her own awakening or just that since the scent made her feel her past self she calls it familiar. I mean lets think about this... Clare is half of Teresa, so only half the scent and Raki is god knows what portion of Clare... so how does Priscilla smell Teresa on Raki? It makes no sense.

You maybe right that it is Teresa scent due to the "familiar scent comments" (as impossible as that seems) but then we encounter the next problem...How Teresa's scent restores Priscilla's humanity? There's no logic to that... too many other awakened beings have memories of there past and it hasn't helped one of them revert. Don't forget Isley too changed due to Raki, not as much as Priscilla but still he had an effect. The partial awakening of Clare has to tied into this... it's the only thing that explain the effects on Priscilla (and Isley). Hopefully, you now see my point. I'm trying to explain the effects on Priscilla and Raki... you seem to be looking for an explanation as to what is familiar and then coming up with an explanation based on your assumption. That kinda logic can justify anything.
Actually it does since in a blizard well maybe I don't remmber correctly but it was snowing at one point...anyways if there's wind the scent is sent in different directions and it's not like Prissy is tracking a trail thus scent on the gorund but sensing it in the air. Also Raki was near and the scent on him was pretty much fresh if you compare to alter so that might have been confusing for her and she didn't realise the scent was coming from two different places. Again these are just guesses.

None taken However I think "her own awakening" is still part of her past. If something is familiar to you that means you've encoutered it before and in this sense it's part of your past and it can help you remember the moment when you saw/heared/smelled it before.
So my logic is that when you encounter something that is familiar you are reminded that you've sensed it before thus you try to make a connection to that moment. That is why I think she followed the scent - to try and remember why this was so familiar to her.
I'm not saying this is the case - most of the things are wild gusses and I agree with many other views. I just see this as the most logical at this point.

Well from what we know AB and Yomas don't eat Claymores in general because of the taste. The only difference is that they are only part human, but then again the yoma part is really small yet the whole body seems to taste bad thus you could say it caries the scent of the yoma. So in a sense the "implanted" part's scent spreads through pretty much the whole body. Which is how Clare's scent was transfered to Raki and if we accept the idea that was mentioned earlier about how it got on Raki and stayed for so long it's easy to see how Prssy would notice Teresa's scent on him. Again no proof to this whatsover.

Also I don't think I said that Teresa's scent would restore Prissy's humanity or anything similar. The scent might help her remember an event associated with the moment she first sensed it. I agree with the theory of how the partial awakening helped to smehow transfer Clare/Teresa's scent on Raki. I mean I don't see how or why Prissy would care about who's half awakened and all.
And you;re right I first look at what we know about what might be familiar to Prisssy and go from there since this is the only thing we can pretty much guess based on the things we know. Everything else are jsut theories with no proof and that includes evertyhing I just said

Anyways actually we're both coming up with explanations based on asumptions rather than solid proof...mostly due to the fact that we have no idea wha really is going on until it's stated in the manga as clear as day.
Old 2010-02-01, 14:25   Link #178
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Am i the only one asking myself what the hell stopped clare?
Was it priscilla? But in the translation i read that priscilla seemed to be surprised too that clare suddenly stopped.
Old 2010-02-01, 14:30   Link #179
Gooral
Banned

We've been wondering about that too irvinethearcher. I especially liked haegar's explanation that Priscilla cut Clare's awakened limbs. So what Priscilla said would mean she laughed at her face that Clare didn't awaken like she wanted to.
Old 2010-02-01, 14:32   Link #180
Traun
Tetris

I...pity Raki.
The two women...friends...he had left him in order to kill each other. The woman he admired for her good heart and kind nature is willing to throw the same thing he has defended for seven years even going as far as humanizing Isley and, I hope, to some extend Priscilla. On the other hand the girl he traveled with for more than half a decade is now going on a killing spree.
Of course this is not the biggest of his worries at the moment, but still, it kinda makes you feel sorry for the guy.
Anyone thinks that this will end with a time skip?
Closed Thread