AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-02-20, 03:47   Link #1121
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Eh, not really. Shizuo usually does things based on his emotion and he has never like Izaya from bad feeling he always got when he was around. Izaya only ended up confirming this by making his life miserable whenever he had chance finally leading up to the arrest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
But for some reason we always hear: "follow your heart".
There is sometimes such people that give you the bad vibes. At first you can't explain it why you can't be near this person, but after some time you able to see it what's wrong.

http://www.friesian.com/emotion.htm
Since emotions are not acts of will, they are not freely chosen, but occur spontaneously, which is why a "crime of passion" is less severe than a crime of calculation, as less under control of the will -- and it is, of course, acts of will that are morally praiseworthy or blameworthy.
That's the main deference between Izaya and Shizuo.
I just expected too much I think, because with these "mystery" plotlines, I expected there are logical reasons for everything.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 03:47   Link #1122
jaziek
Does an elope taste good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redx508 View Post
http://bssubs.net/2010/02/durarara-07/

tl;dr gg isn’t functioning very well right now due to koda quitting so this is getting released with the [Ecliptic-BSS] tag from now on. Most of the staff from gg’s Durarara!! are working on it.

Torrent: http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents...5D.mkv.torrent
we arent allowed to do that mate.

read the rules.
Old 2010-02-20, 04:44   Link #1123
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaziek View Post
we arent allowed to do that mate.

read the rules.
Actually we list the series, as we don't consider it licensed.

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1567.html
Old 2010-02-20, 04:58   Link #1124
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I just expected too much I think, because with these "mystery" plotlines, I expected there are logical reasons for everything.
Izaya keep trolling him from time to the time, is there more "logical reason" why Shizuo hate izaya that much ?
Old 2010-02-20, 05:08   Link #1125
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shizuo has some serious anger issues. And this all started over a pudding. It proves once again that pudding is serious business. Simon cracked me up in this episode: "Shizuo, done with puberty? Then it's time for Sushi !"
I like the expression "hate at first sight" used by Agony about Izaya and Shizuo. It's truly what it was

Anyone noticed those guys around 15:16?

They look like they came right out of a Go Nagai manga or something

Milk onee-san looked a lot like Anri, didn't she? Moter perhaps?

Edit: loved Kasuka's first movie too, "Carmilla Saizo, Vampire ninja"

Last edited by Kanon; 2010-02-20 at 05:25.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 05:13   Link #1126
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Personally having logical reason for every relationships sometimes are too artificial imho. It's not like if hating someone, you definitely need some valid reason. It's like watching films anyway, if you hate it by the root, you won't like and enjoy it at all. Sucky example but still.

That and I'm on the side that Shizuo is the type that depends on his instinct much more than being brainy

... Although I can understand that the extremity of the hate sure makes on want more of reasons.

I still consider that the three were on good terms in High School, albeit in the way that no normal people can consider friendly, ever. I know I'm a gutter already ;-;

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 05:27   Link #1127
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_MkUltra View Post
Why did Shizuo hate Izaya so much? That's the only part that's confusing.
It's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_MkUltra View Post
I also heard the series will have 12 episodes if the ratings don't do well instead of 24. Is this true?

This anime is to epic for that.
From some info I saw last week, this and BakaTest are the most popular this season. So whether the rumor is true or not does not really matter.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 05:54   Link #1128
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Izaya keep trolling him from time to the time, is there more "logical reason" why Shizuo hate izaya that much ?
I'm fine with that. I just get a huge feeling that fans try to downplay their hatred with each other too much. Shizuo just wanted to kill him right off the bat, and from way in the beginning Izaya already had him ran over by the car. Even at the school entrance ceremony they already have eyes set on each other, I just felt annoyance is ok with just instinct, but unparalleled amount of murderous hatred with no reason what so ever is rather lame.

I mean their antagonism toward each other is a driving force behind the story, which if only solely base on a gut feeling then such plot feels too "plot-device'd". I treat this case different from just two random thug meeting on the side of the road and feeling like smashing each other cause their hairstyle rubs them the wrong way. Those usually end in scuffles or accidental killing, but these two just meet randomly and decide to kill/frame/screw other with all their willpower and strength.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 06:17   Link #1129
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post

Milk onee-san looked a lot like Anri, didn't she? Moter perhaps?
That's what I thought too, it would be interesting if turned out to be the case.

Quote:
I'm fine with that. I just get a huge feeling that fans try to downplay their hatred with each other too much. Shizuo just wanted to kill him right off the bat, and from way in the beginning Izaya already had him ran over by the car. Even at the school entrance ceremony they already have eyes set on each other, I just felt annoyance is ok with just instinct, but unparalleled amount of murderous hatred with no reason what so ever is rather lame.

I mean their antagonism toward each other is a driving force behind the story, which if only solely base on a gut feeling then such plot feels too "plot-device'd". I treat this case different from just two random thug meeting on the side of the road and feeling like smashing each other cause their hairstyle rubs them the wrong way. Those usually end in scuffles or accidental killing, but these two just meet randomly and decide to kill/frame/screw other with all their willpower and strength.

Actually, when he first met Izaya he only stated that he didn't like him in which Izaya went provoked him. I don't think Shizuo intended kill him in beginning with that punch especially up to this point Shizuo has hit plenty of people none of them have died. It's only when Izaya continuously attacked him both personally and with thugs that Shizuo wanted to kill him. Let's not forget him being framed for that incident and than losing the one job he slightly successfully in ending breaking the promise with his brother.

So, it started from just mutual dislike before it evolved in it's current state due to accumulation of negative events.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2010-02-20 at 06:34.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 06:43   Link #1130
xKeen

It would be nice to see a GIF of all the snapping Shizuo did xD
The cig,spoon,pencil,and the lollipop stick.
Also,it looks like signboards are his weapon of choice..

Credits to Pellissier~
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 07:35   Link #1131
Chrono Helix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's more like a family realtionship, though we all know Shinra wants more then that.

Heh.
Celty poking him was so cute.
Old 2010-02-20, 07:42   Link #1132
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono Helix View Post
Celty poking him was so cute.
Old 2010-02-20, 08:03   Link #1133
Iron Maw
Banned

Anyone think Shizuo might be the Slasher's next victim? It looked like she was targeting him in this episode.
Old 2010-02-20, 08:06   Link #1134
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Anyone think Shizuo might be the Slasher's next victim? It looked like she was targeting him in this episode.
Hmm, it didn't look like she was targeting him in my opinion. Just that she was in the area pretty much because of the incident that just took place, and he noticed her in the area.
Old 2010-02-20, 08:10   Link #1135
Iron Maw
Banned

Hmm that's probably case then. I thought that might be more meaning to the scene.
Old 2010-02-20, 08:21   Link #1136
pingva

Quote:
I think that Shizuo can be a slasher's target. When the slasher have noticed that Shizuo is going to see her, she run away. I don't think that Shizuo knows her identity so there shouldn't be a reason for her to hide from him.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 09:15   Link #1137
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

That episode is a fangirl favourite for sure. Until an Izaya episode comes along...

I really look forward to the DVD sales next week. On Amazon.co.jp it's rank is just below Bakemonogatari, but higher then Railgun. 10k seems perfectly possible, I wouldn't be surprise if it's higher then 20k.
Old 2010-02-20, 09:24   Link #1138
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:

Shizou identified that something reeked and once he found Izaya he knew it was him.

Celty also felt Izaya was a bit creepy too. But it's just she doesn't react with murderous hatred because she isn't violence in a body.

I'm pretty sure the hint is that it's to do with the supernatural rather than just 'instinct' and that it will be explained later on.

Anyway i thought this episode was great. Even though Shizou's reason for hating Izaya right off the bat was strange, I still manged to sympathise with him and hate Izaya a little myself. So that was well done imo.

Other great stuff like Darher Than Black, Bacanno!!, Cencoroll, chibi Shizou, teen Izaya vs Shizou, ShizouxCelty and Shizou weilding a road sign that says '!'.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-02-20 at 10:46.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 09:46   Link #1139
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
I really look forward to the DVD sales next week. On Amazon.co.jp it's rank is just below Bakemonogatari, but higher then Railgun. 10k seems perfectly possible, I wouldn't be surprise if it's higher then 20k.
Spoiler for tl;drs:

Yes I sound too negative. But I can't help after being drilled by that RL lecture orz I'm still hoping this will be having a really good selling though despite my negativity! ;-;

DOUBLE EDIT (This is far too awesome not to fangirl) : I KNOW IT YANA TOBOSO IS A BIG DURARARA!! FANGIRL AHAHAHAHAHAHA -shot- (I was having doubts that she done that pics out of necessity as a G-Fan author, but lmao that doubt was already dissipated BD)

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2010-02-20 at 10:17.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 10:57   Link #1140
LKK

I was never a Shizou fangirl to begin with. But this episode managed to make me feel less for him than before. I really liked his interactions with his brother. But learning that his extreme violence is nothing more than a simple lack of anger management skills was rather disappointing. I would have preferred him to remain a mysterious force of nature than to learn that about him.

On the other hand, I've always like Shinra. This episode just enhanced that sentiment. He's so quirkily weird. A true delight to watch.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, light novel adaptation, shounen