AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-19, 08:57   Link #2261
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JABjrggmeoU

Go to 9:40 for an awesome event in Katsucon!
Old 2010-02-19, 10:59   Link #2262
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

lol, cosplaying Miyafuji and Sakamoto..........and why do they want to play with those paper planes...........why dont they just watch the anime once more and enjoy it in the process......

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 11:37   Link #2263
Neoman15M

I watched that video too, and I think the cosplay is just part of the fun. such a shame i cannot watch the dub version /.\
Neoman15M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 11:45   Link #2264
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

HEHA! OK, Afrika latter part. (vol. 3)

Marseille and the "STORM WITCHES" is such a win.......and what are you dooooing Lucchini?!?!?! No don't go that way! You are crashing into more chaos and trouble......and LOL at Lucchini and Shirley's punishment afterwards.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
hint: it's found in an English Anime forum, not Animesuki.........
Found it at the same old place.........I love you zolder215

Now that vol. 3 is in the bag, I really look forward to vol. 4 in Nyantype 6......god knows what adventures Lucchini and Shirley are going to have in Afrika........

Last edited by MitsubishiZero; 2010-02-21 at 04:36.
Old 2010-02-22, 19:27   Link #2265
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoman15M View Post
I watched that video too, and I think the cosplay is just part of the fun. such a shame i cannot watch the dub version /.\
Lynette and Yoshika pics for you guys to enjoy.

Spoiler for Image dump:
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 04:43   Link #2266
olympian819

Hi I am new here. I am a great fan of Strike Witches and finally found a place where people actually discuss about it.

One question though, in vol. 3 of the manga what is the prototype of "Star of Africa" Hanna-Justina Marseille's striker unit? Is it the Focke-Wulf Fw 190 or the Messerschmitt Bf 109? Shirley in vol. 3 said during the chasing of Lucchini " it's like the high-altitude performance of the G55 has been completely ignored." G55 uses the DB605, which is liquid-cooled. Bf 109 uses DB605 while Fw190 uses BMW 801. Won't air-cooled engines overheat in the desert heat?
olympian819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 05:05   Link #2267
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by olympian819 View Post
Hi I am new here. I am a great fan of Strike Witches and finally found a place where people actually discuss about it.

One question though, in vol. 3 of the manga what is the prototype of "Star of Africa" Hanna-Justina Marseille's striker unit? Is it the Focke-Wulf Fw 190 or the Messerschmitt Bf 109? Shirley in vol. 3 said during the chasing of Lucchini " it's like the high-altitude performance of the G55 has been completely ignored." G55 uses the DB605, which is liquid-cooled. Bf 109 uses DB605 while Fw190 uses BMW 801. Won't air-cooled engines overheat in the desert heat?
Marseille uses a Bf109F-4 Trop, like the real Marseille.
Old 2010-02-24, 19:22   Link #2268
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Here's a new scan from "The Sneaker"

Source is this blog that I've been following.

Miyafuji's new Striker Unit looks neat with the two-tone color.
Maximum Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 19:35   Link #2269
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:

Decided to watch the series out of strict interest in faux-WW2 setting and I must say this is some really lulzy alternate history right here. So I'm guessing at the Tehran Conference all the leaders decided that they had a common interest in underaged girls' underwear. I'm guessing that sort of makes sense.

Amirite Hitler?

But in any case, while watching the introduction I kept on thinking the concept sounded a little familiar.
Spoiler for Speculah about series:
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 21:10   Link #2270
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Burst View Post
Here's a new scan from "The Sneaker"

Source is this blog that I've been following.

Miyafuji's new Striker Unit looks neat with the two-tone color.
That's inline with the Fuso (or JAAF in real case) colour coding......I though green and yellow would be more welcoming though.....and the engine part could be painted black for anit-glare..........

I am rather interested in how many new Strikers are going to be in Strike Witches 2......and would any of those Kais or radical German WW2 concept planes appear......

Old 2010-02-25, 01:03   Link #2271
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Marseille uses a Bf109F-4 Trop, like the real Marseille.
It's worth noting he also crashed and died in in 1942 and if he'd lived he'd have certainly had to go to later models like the G in order to stay competitive. Since Marseille survives in the SW time line at least in 43 by the looks of it, it seems probable she'll trade up at some point.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2010-02-25 at 04:59.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 01:25   Link #2272
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
It's worth noting he also crashed and died in in 1942 and if he'd lived he'd have certainly had to go to later models like the G in order to stay competitive. Since Marseille survives in the SW time line at least in 43 by the looks of it, it seems probably she'll trade up at some point.
Well actually I doubt that. the Doujins Strike Witches : Witch in Afrika and Tiger in Desert Marseille lost her tsukaima (tsukaima died but Marseille lived, quoted as rare incident) in a battle and is unable to be a Witch again. If the manga follows this route then she's not trading up any thing. If she and her tsukaima both survives in this manga, then she could consider some other planes. ME 262/He 343/Ho 229/Me P.1101/H.XVIII anyone?

Old 2010-02-25, 04:55   Link #2273
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Technical questions!? Oh happy day! How did I miss this before?

*prepares to ramble*
Spoiler for Way to much infomation...:

Old 2010-02-27, 09:42   Link #2274
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Hi people, I'm kinda new to anime suki, anyways

I really love strike witches and would want to delve deeper into it.

I was wondering where you got those information regarding the other characters outside the anime.
pauldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 11:03   Link #2275
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldy View Post
Hi people, I'm kinda new to anime suki, anyways

I really love strike witches and would want to delve deeper into it.

I was wondering where you got those information regarding the other characters outside the anime.
Yahoo, google and wikipedia is your friend....or you can get out the older posts, there are lots of info and resources hidden in there.....

Old 2010-02-28, 04:39   Link #2276
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
wikipedia is your friend...
- No it isn't.

I'd recommend you look up Wikipedia--and THEN look up other reliable sources. Wiki gets edited too quickly and too often to be a sole point of reference. It's good as a starting point, but never use just Wiki foryour info, otherwise you could very well be eating crow.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 07:17   Link #2277
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- No it isn't.

I'd recommend you look up Wikipedia--and THEN look up other reliable sources. Wiki gets edited too quickly and too often to be a sole point of reference. It's good as a starting point, but never use just Wiki foryour info, otherwise you could very well be eating crow.
Of course, there are lots of sites with Strike Witches info, but wiki is a good starting point for him (he's new).......that's why I also listed yahoo and google.

One question I would like to ask TK3997:

according to your professional knowledge about planes, what are the advantages of using V-engines and radial engines besides drag? I mean which one has a more mature technological knowhow? Also, is there any limits to these piston propeller planes? in terms of speed, maneuverability or stability in high/low altitude? I'd love to know if piston propeller planes can ever reach mach 1.....without breaking up of course (shirley doesn't count. she used a magical barrier which may reduce drag.)

Last edited by MitsubishiZero; 2010-02-28 at 10:45.
Old 2010-03-01, 07:28   Link #2278
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Of course, there are lots of sites with Strike Witches info, but wiki is a good starting point for him (he's new).......that's why I also listed yahoo and google.
All in all, wikipedia is a pretty bad source for Strike Witches info. There's a lot of fan fluff in there with little basis from the source material. Just being frank here, but within the English fanbase I'm probably one of the people most familiar with the established canon, and have actual copies of just about all the canon sources... and yet there's junk in there that I haven't seen anywhere before. I mostly just froth at the mouth each time I go there.
Old 2010-03-01, 08:42   Link #2279
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

From Humikane's blog. Looks like we MAY have some unit-specific Witchie patches other than the 501st coming soon...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 10:30   Link #2280
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

First off I'm no professional just a hobbist that's read just enough to think he knows something. Take my words with a grain of salt and conduct your own research before quoting anything I say.

Spoiler for Seriously you asked for it!:

Tags
bishoujo, bost tv, gonzo, kemonomimi, mecha, mecha musume