AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-29, 16:44   Link #61
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
You know what? It will be equally erotic to me, no matter what the girls are wearing or doing. It is not the dance or the clothes. It's my dirty mind seeing it like that.
...Or any of our minds.
So the video is fine. We are not.
Old 2010-05-30, 14:41   Link #62
Kafriel
Senior Guest

This video is wrong in so many ways...
Quote:
If I like short skirts, that's my business and no one else's.
DANCING with this kind of pathetic attire is a direct insult to the art of dancing. To those who think cheerleaders are dancers, think again.
Then there's the matter of choreography. Who the hell came up with this while having these people in mind? I've attended many professional dancing events, where even 4 year-old children participated, but hey, they were dancing traditional dances, not some weird jive mix, which wasn't even executed all that well (which is natural, considering their age and respective stamina).
Old 2010-05-30, 14:49   Link #63
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
So you find short skirts pointless - that's fine. However, if someone told me I was dressing like a whore and that I wasn't being respectful towards myself because of my choice of clothing, I'd raise an eyeborw at them at best. If I like short skirts, that's my business and no one else's. I don't think it's "whorish", and neither do I understand why someone would think that. I'm not asking anyone to come over and exchange money for sex. Even if I was, that would be my choice, and I think I can decide for myself what I find humiliating and what I deem empowering.
I don't know, you're speaking about the POV of adults who make decisions. Kids are susceptible to this type of pressure, so it might not be what they want. But then again, they are SO good, if you are that good at something, it must be really fun!

As to the clothing choice -- I would have them choose something more demure to balance out some of the sexual intonation of their moves. I think a change in outfits would not harm the routine. I think that the lace like that makes it look like something you wear to bed, as an older woman. That's why it's odd.
Old 2010-05-30, 15:17   Link #64
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
DANCING with this kind of pathetic attire is a direct insult to the art of dancing. To those who think cheerleaders are dancers, think again.
Then there's the matter of choreography. Who the hell came up with this while having these people in mind? I've attended many professional dancing events, where even 4 year-old children participated, but hey, they were dancing traditional dances, not some weird jive mix, which wasn't even executed all that well (which is natural, considering their age and respective stamina).
I agree with this entirely. It shows much like the beauty competitions how adults want to drill their children over the top to become the best there ever was, even if it means going beyond what is normal for a child and going as far as making it modern to what they think fits in this age and what attracts adults. Sex, sex, sex baby, sex.

Lastly pretty funny how people suddenly get defensive and personally feel involved when it comes to short skirts etc.
I bet your skirt doesn't end 3-5 centimeter under your gap ending together with belly showing tops or bikini tops.
Short skirts are alright but what makes a person a whore in this situation is when, as I have said before, short turns into shortest.
You can wear short skirts and look classy, it all depends on how short and what you wear with it.. lastly this topic was not about people personally, but if you post up things like I wear it and I am not slutty then realize this is still the internet and we don't have people vision. If people use skirt and whore in one sentence then all we can do is assume the worst of it all. But if momma doesn't want you wearing short skirts and you are under 18 then you should get your butt into some jeans very quickly because momma and poppa are still giving you shelter, paying for your food and the rest. You want your own dresscode, turn 18 and move out on your own first.
Old 2010-05-30, 15:57   Link #65
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
As to the clothing choice -- I would have them choose something more demure to balance out some of the sexual intonation of their moves. I think a change in outfits would not harm the routine. I think that the lace like that makes it look like something you wear to bed, as an older woman. That's why it's odd.
Quote:
Attire wise, I'd second what Mika Miaka mentions for attire if there was a choice on outfits, given the choreography which would already make a few people nervous.
And don't belittle cheerleaders at all. They're more gymnasts I'd call them than dancers but their training regime and skills are just as intense (if not more so sometimes) especially for the leaps, jumps and balancing. The kicks and flips need very good flexibility and stamina, so it's nothing as easy as donning on a skirt and looking pretty.
The movie 'Bring it on', also shows a tiny glimpse into the level of HS cheerleading, it's pretty intense.
Songleading (which I have done) is like cheerleading but without the jumps and mixes ballet, jazz and hip-hop into the entire piece too.
Again, the training for the level of competition it reaches is hell because of the intensity of the competitions but these all do fall into similar disciplines of dance.
This dance too is 'intense', perhaps as some people are reacting off as being something that 8 year olds "shouldn't" do.
(In my eyes, if one isn't used to it, I can understand the shock)

Some elements of the dance, I actually recognise from Beyonces vid (go check it out on youtube), as well as the trailer for the 2nd chipmunks movie (which is where the parents claim the girls wanted to mimic, again the link is in my previous post here).
The other moves with the spins and turns I assume are their own. Those who're aware of the song probably recognises them and can see that the girls pulled it off pretty amazingly.
As a few others have said, they've gone for something that feels 'too mature for their ages' given the attire as well and admonish the adults choices on how they've presented the kids, again I'm chalking it down to the intensity level of it perhaps that's feeling 'wrong' to some people.
Feel free to let me know what is raising goosebumps for you on the dance itself.

Again, what do we know in terms of how these kids live outside of performing or even if they're fine with it? If there's one thing about kids, is throwing tantrums when not wanting to do something they dislike, and I doubt any of those girls could pull off that dance without tens and tens of hours of training while hating it completely.
As for the 'style', (as mentioned as 'weird jive mix') you may wanna read my and CuXe's posts on kids and urban music (dancehall for one) as a culture, the difference being that we do these kinda things in 'plain' clothes but dance wise the moves wouldn't be too far off.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2010-05-30 at 16:14.
Old 2010-05-30, 15:57   Link #66
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
DANCING with this kind of pathetic attire is a direct insult to the art of dancing.
As far as I'm concerned, people can wear whatever they want even while dancing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Lastly pretty funny how people suddenly get defensive and personally feel involved when it comes to short skirts etc.
I bet your skirt doesn't end 3-5 centimeter under your gap ending together with belly showing tops or bikini tops.
No, it usually doesn't. In fact, I rarely wear any skirts at all.
That doesn't have anything to do with what I am saying, though. It's not about me personally, it's about women - about people - in general.

Quote:
Short skirts are alright but what makes a person a whore in this situation is when, as I have said before, short turns into shortest.
No, what makes a person a "whore" is that person selling his or her body.

Quote:
but if you post up things like I wear it and I am not slutty
I'm sad to say you completely missed the point here.

Quote:
If people use skirt and whore in one sentence then all we can do is assume the worst of it all.
...And now I don't think I'm getting your point.

Quote:
But if momma doesn't want you wearing short skirts and you are under 18 then you should get your butt into some jeans very quickly because momma and poppa are still giving you shelter, paying for your food and the rest. You want your own dresscode, turn 18 and move out on your own first.
What does that have to do with anything?
Old 2010-05-30, 16:04   Link #67
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i pray these Skirt dispisers never have to go to japanese schools =\

"omg whores everywhere!"
Old 2010-05-30, 16:16   Link #68
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
^
Funnily, I mentioned Japanese students and kids aged 11 and under and the attire they're wearing previously.
As Chey said, fashion wise, it seems to be mainstream and slightly 'normal' to be donning in mini skirts with leggings, hence kids (alike her own) request for it.
I think it's more the class that goes with the lengths, rather than than it being a skirt.
If it's tacky, it's tacky, but I can see this going off topic though from what the thread is about.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Old 2010-05-30, 16:16   Link #69
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post

"omg whores everywhere!"
There are different types of skirts. Some skirts are sluttier than others. Their skirts were sluttish. School skirts can also be slutty, but that takes slutifying it.
Old 2010-05-30, 16:22   Link #70
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

girls cant help it if they have big breasts or big butts
Old 2010-05-30, 19:23   Link #71
Leo Keichi

Quote:
Heh, those blue skirts can be considered one of the main national symbols of Japan.
Old 2010-05-30, 19:43   Link #72
roriconfan
Banned

^ Nobody cares those skirts originate from Prussia anymore...
Old 2010-05-30, 19:48   Link #73
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Spoiler for For Space and quick reply:

Well, it seems that we have reached a high level congruence regarding this topic
Old 2010-05-30, 22:17   Link #74
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I watched part of the video after I replied and I would have said the same thing. Look, I'm not a judgmental person for the most part, but I have no problem being quick to judge on this matter. I was quick to judge on this because it is obvious there are problems with this (just like the little girl beauty pageants). I see 8 year old girls dressed like that and then saw them dancing in ways they shouldn't (when I watched the video), and I stick by my negativity. I don't care if they danced well, that is irrelevant. I was all about how they shouldn't be dressed in that attire (and as people have said, this is the fault of the adults) and dancing like Lady Gaga (also the fault of the adults). I have no problem being totally against that, and am happy to see some who agree with me.
Old 2010-05-30, 23:58   Link #75
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:

"omg whores everywhere!"
I think you watch too much anime. The average schoolgirl in Japan isn't walking around with her skirt lifted up as high as humanly possible.

I'm going to keep my opinions on this video to myself, but I did want to say in response to some earlier posts that screaming "puritan" at anyone who happens to object to such things isn't much better than the accusation itself. It's a bit childish, actually.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2010-05-30, 23:59   Link #76
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, people can wear whatever they want even while dancing.
There's people who make a living by making clothes specifically for dancing, and they're not doing it for kicks. You won't dance latin wearing sweat pants...
Quote:
And don't belittle cheerleaders at all.
I only separated cheerleading from dancing, I didn't say if either is better than the other.
Old 2010-05-31, 00:24   Link #77
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
You know what? It will be equally erotic to me, no matter what the girls are wearing or doing. It is not the dance or the clothes. It's my dirty mind seeing it like that.
...Or any of our minds.
So the video is fine. We are not.
This goes both ways - to be honest, my first thought regarding the video was basically "skimpy outfits do not make a nine year old girl sexy". And my second thought was basically "Hey, I'm not attracted to kids, I guess this means that the people who accuse me of being a pedo because I like tiny but mature girls are idiots".

I suppose I should have some thoughts about the about the actual issue of nine year olds doing a sexy dance in skimpy outfits, but I'm neither offended nor do I particularly approve of it. Maybe if the audience wasn't mainly parents and other dancers I'd think differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne
I think you watch too much anime. The average schoolgirl in Japan isn't walking around with her skirt lifted up as high as humanly possible.
While I don't think Japanese high schoolers necessarily wear skirts as short as those in some anime, I have heard that high school girls in Japan tend to wear their skirts shorter than middle/junior high girls. The girls in the picture you link are the latter. I don't know if what I've heard is correct but maybe one of our Japanese members can weigh in on it.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2010-05-31, 02:48   Link #78
albertac

I really cannot imagine how those kids dance that way... affiliate amazon affiliate

Last edited by albertac; 2010-06-04 at 02:28.
Old 2010-05-31, 05:12   Link #79
roriconfan
Banned

Modern kids must feel really bad playing with dolls or dressing like cowboys. So they rush to become fashion models and businessmen before they even get their pubes. To them, money and fame beat dolls and cowboy hats.

And I guess parents love boasting around at how their kid is not a mediocrity. They probably even laugh at all the bookworm kids with an IQ of 130 for being nerds that are poor and unpopular.
Old 2010-05-31, 13:26   Link #80
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
There are different types of skirts. Some skirts are sluttier than others. Their skirts were sluttish. School skirts can also be slutty, but that takes slutifying it.
I have an opinion of people who even *use* the word "slut". I'll not embarrass you by firing it off here because it looks pretty self-evident that the word sits far too high in your vocabulary index. Might want to work on that....

Mystique pretty much has stated thoughts on the subject that match my own so I won't reiterate them.