AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-12-17, 18:46   Link #41
LastResolve

sorry if i post in old threads but does anyone know if the author will continew the manga cuz its pretty good and i want to see more of Taisukes Power :P
Old 2009-12-17, 22:13   Link #42
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

The manga is still being continued if I'm not wrong. Just that scans haven't come out for a while. Think they've finished scanslating up to the latest volume already and are just waiting for a new one to come out.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 08:33   Link #43
LastResolve

cool i just dont get that why nice manga's like this dont get as much attention as naruto and gay bleach that have nothing more than laser beams and reviving the dead
Old 2010-05-15, 09:00   Link #44
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I stopped reading this around chapter 40 a while ago because i really think it should have ended after that arc, But now after reading all the chapters it didn't turn out to be crap.

I like how it combines life of slice elements with the supernatural elements so seamlessly, Something i really haven't seen in other manga's. It ends around chapter 82 and the scanlations are up to about 75. So it won't be terribly long before we find how it ends.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 19:57   Link #45
Xion Valkyrie

I find the motivations of various characters a bit hard to understand in the 2nd arc. All the protagonists are pretty passive, whereas it's the antagonists moving the pieces. Basically, I feel the protagonists are a bit too chill about everything.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 09:49   Link #46
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The chapters are so far apart in scan releases... I'm just gonna wait for it to be done before reading again. I keep forgetting what happened in the last issue everytime a new one is released.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 05:10   Link #47
klare

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ma-passes-away

this is sad, his drawings are high standard, i especially respect him for completing the manga --> while on his sickbed!
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 05:27   Link #48
ZODDGUTS

The artist is still alive the one who died was the author.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=2600
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 05:30   Link #49
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

I just read that too . RIP Tadashi Kawashima
Old 2010-06-18, 05:36   Link #50
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

What a hero. It's really sad for the fans when a long running fiction work ends unfinished because of tragic circumstances involving the author(s). That he worked to the last and finished it for us is truly noble in its own way.

Although, given the theme of the manga and the way it deals with death I can help but think that it is an oddly poignant event.

Respect, and rest in peace.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 12:12   Link #51
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Very saddening news indeed. I can see now that the themes of life and death which were intertwined in the story told a very personal tale.
Old 2010-06-20, 16:55   Link #52
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Oh, the irony...
Anyways, the manga itself wasn't exactly a pinacle of originality. Here is the review I wrote about it.
Spoiler for review:
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 17:04   Link #53
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ma-passes-away

this is sad, his drawings are high standard, i especially respect him for completing the manga --> while on his sickbed!
Wow, what the fuck? This is such sad news. The last blow I've had regarding an author's passing was when the author of the Kaze no Stigma novels passed away last year.

I really enjoyed Alive, and it was a great read (although I had mixed feelings about the ending, but damn! he was working on it even on his sickbed!).

R.I.P Tadashi Kawashima. You will be missed.

It's such a shame the anime was canceled. I hope some other studio encourages itself and picks it up after hearing about the author passing away.
Old 2010-06-20, 18:50   Link #54
coren

I was saddened to hear of this author's death.

On the manga itself, one of the things I liked about it, especially in the earliest chapters, was that it was kind of an adventure story. That's a genre that's fairly rare in manga, especially one set in modern times. Later on it became more of an action manga, but it was still pretty good.

Also, I actually thought the characters had a touch more realism to them than is common in action manga. Especially the main trio of Taisuke, Nami, and Yuta. Some of this is due to the artists, who are good at conveying mood and expressions. Later on, lots of new characters got introduced and I lost some interest in the story, but, well, in retrospect it seems the author had other things to worry about.
coren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 19:07   Link #55
roriconfan
Banned

Why did they cancel the anime? I bet a series promoted a s"from a guy who finished it while on his deathbed" would make him and the work famous in an instant.
Old 2010-06-20, 19:18   Link #56
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Why did they cancel the anime? I bet a series promoted a s"from a guy who finished it while on his deathbed" would make him and the work famous in an instant.
Gonzo had announced that they would be animating the Alive manga, but then they went bankrupt and not a lot of info has been revealed since then until a recent announcement saying that it was officially canceled or something.
Old 2010-06-20, 19:25   Link #57
roriconfan
Banned

Gonzo went bankrupt???
Old 2010-06-21, 10:08   Link #58
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Gonzo had announced that they would be animating the Alive manga, but then they went bankrupt and not a lot of info has been revealed since then until a recent announcement saying that it was officially canceled or something.
Quote:
Gonzo went bankrupt???
Yes.. and i'm glad they went down under. The reason for their downfall was the fact they kept doing the same weird rule of cool anime thing again and again every year. Also their adaptation based on mangas are notorious for their Adaptation Decay.(Just look what they did to Rosario + Vampire and Chrono Crusade!). If they ever did the anime, there's gonna be a lot of Alive fans screaming Adaptation Decay on their beloved series.

Gonzo
Old 2010-08-10, 19:50   Link #59
Kunagisa

I don't wanna bring this back up from the grave, but as much as I'm sadden by the death (just found out while checking this after months), anyone know what happened at the end?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 13:08   Link #60
klare

Spoiler for volume 21 (end):
klare is offline   Reply With Quote