AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-05-22, 09:41   Link #101
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

One Ash is gay one isn't lol

Wow! Terry is still DA-MAN!!!! BUSTTAAA~~WOLF!!!
Old 2010-05-29, 15:29   Link #102
videoman190

ARCADIA KOF XIII PLAYERS' GUIDE

If someone wants to sub these I can send the raw file!

SonicTempest's quick translation regarding China Team Blog :

Quote:
- Athena regained teleport and command throw. Teleport can be used in combos now e.g. DP .P drive cancel qcf .K drive cancel DP .P or mid-air QCB .K drive cancel qcf .K drive cancel DP .P
- Psychic Reflector QCB .K is a striking attack as well as a projectile reflector, and even works on DM projectiles.
- She can do different types of combos in the middle of the screen and is generally more flexible to play as - particularly her DP .P and fwd .B make this possible
- Apparently her mid-air Shining Crystal Bit HCB HCB .P has a different startup animation.
- EX Psycho Ball is slower but does multiple hits. You can follow up if it hits on an opponent in mid-air. Practically you can do something like DP .P (1 hit) DC QCB .A .C , continue.
- EX Phoenix Arrow just makes it easier to follow up with a combo after it hits.
- EX Psychic Sword has fast startup and invincibility, so it's good as a defensive move
- EX SCB sucks the opponent in for multiple hits. Good for a 'turnaround' move.
- There are different enders to her NeoMAX DM - no other details given
- Yamaguchi jokes about wanting to make Athena go on a diet (lol)
- Kensou regained Chokyuudan ( QCB .P , his fireball) and Ryuusougeki (mid-air QCB .P , his diving attack), as well as a fake backstep (similar to the short backstep in KOFXII)
- Apparently his nikuman appears somewhere in one of his moves
- EX Ryuutouda (KOF XII QCB .A ...don't know what the command is now) lets you follow up 5 times as opposed to the regular version's 3 times (not sure about this translation)
- EX Ryuusougeki does multiple hits when Kensou lands, so it grants you a greater advantage
- His NeoMAX is called 'Seime: Senki Hakkei'. (command is qcf qcf .A .C ). He creates a ball of energy in front of him and hits the opponent multiple times. Useful for chipping.
- He has a lot of moves that do multiple hits, so try and get a 99-hit combo with him! (There's a video that shows one such combo)
- Chin has gained Kaitenteki Kuutotsuken (ground dash + uppercut move, HCF .K ), Inshu (drinking move) and Tetsuzankou.
- Tetsuzankou is a DM that can only be done while drinking, where he charges into the opponent with his back and knocks them down. Wires on counter.
- EX Suiho ( QCB .P ) is a counter move that allows you to do a ranbu afterwards.
- EX Kaitenteki Kuutotsuken has its speed and range increased
- His NeoMAX is 'Suisou: Gouran Enpou' ( qcf qcf .B .D ). Chin breathes flames which you can direct with the stick. On the ground you can direct it in 5 directions while in mid-air you can make it go in all 8 directions.

Next week they're going to take a break from the team introductions and instead talk about game modes.
KOFXIII is going to be at this years E3 and it's confirmed it has a console release for the PS3 and XBOX360!
http://e3.gamersguidetolife.com/2010...med-games.html

I hope they get the netcode right this time!

Last edited by videoman190; 2010-05-29 at 22:38.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 10:59   Link #103
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
I hope they get the netcode right this time!
I think every fighting game fan is praying they do.. because this game is so D.O.A (dead on arrival) if the netcode is anything like XII's...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 17:15   Link #104
videoman190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I think every fighting game fan is praying they do.. because this game is so D.O.A (dead on arrival) if the netcode is anything like XII's...
You are right about that but it all depends on the publisher It might be either XSeed or Atlus!

But is less likely that the game will be made the same time as the arcade version so it might be a few months after in the fall or even next year!
Old 2010-06-07, 08:23   Link #105
Sixth
Hu Tao

I don't quite understand the system..does that mean that EX mode and Advance Mode are coming back in KoF13?

What is the different between Ex Mode and Advance Mode in KoF 13? Or those just a same thing in previous KoF system?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 20:44   Link #106
videoman190

It goes like this:
You can perform Ex moves which will cost one power stock (Which they are power up versions of the special moves)

The Hyperdrive (HD) gauge fills up automatically. You can perform drive cancels when the HD gauge is at half way(You can cancel any move with this one. and finaliy HyperDrive mode you can perform this when the gauge is full! In this mode you can cancel any move and you perfom the NeoMax DM (which is the character's ultimate move!) when you have at least 2 power stocks!

If you want to know more you can go to the cyberfanatix.com or orochinagi.com they know more about this game than I do!

The official King of Fighters XIII website is updated.
Character Section Added with the Team Story of the Women Fighters Team and a blog update that discusses about about Ikari Team’s Gameplay!

Ralf's Neomax

Leona's NeoMax

Clark's NeoMax
Old 2010-06-11, 04:24   Link #107
Rayneing
Trombe!

GENESIC EMERALD CLARK BUSTER

All of those Neomaxes look sweet, and so does Leona's new DM. I really can't wait for this game. It looks too good, seriously.
Old 2010-06-11, 08:26   Link #108
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Ralf using Gear 2 and Gomu Gomu no Jet Gattling = win. But Clark is far less impressive than Tager.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 21:12   Link #109
videoman190

Women's Team Neomaxes

King -

Yuri -

Mai -

Beating the crap on their "boyfriends"

Also... Surprise Rose Demo
Old 2010-06-21, 23:57   Link #110
Sixth
Hu Tao

I don't really like the idea where all Neomax does similar damage with different animation.
Old 2010-06-22, 00:43   Link #111
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I don't really like the idea where all Neomax does similar damage with different animation.
But isn't it that majority of normal DMs also do similar damage? Neo-Max might be damaging but different characters have different range (Ash and Clark has to do it at extremely close range) and function (Elizabeth's Neo-Max is a counter attack, Chin's flames can be controlled).

Last edited by kiak666; 2010-06-22 at 01:33.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 07:46   Link #112
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
You are confusing Ex-DM with Neomax.
King's Neomax is the overpowered Venom Strike and not the bif Surprise Rose.
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 09:06   Link #113
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I think he means similar damage to each other.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 23:44   Link #114
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
But isn't it that majority of normal DMs also do similar damage? Neo-Max might be damaging but different characters have different range (Ash and Clark has to do it at extremely close range) and function (Elizabeth's Neo-Max is a counter attack, Chin's flames can be controlled).
That is what went wrong.

In my opinion, a harder to land/use DM should does more damage to other easy to use DM as a reward for your effort to master it.

For example:

Why would you want to use Clark SDM when other characters SDM can hit their prey in easier fashion and less punishing (and time consuming) knowing that all SDM does similar damage cap.
Old 2010-06-23, 00:37   Link #115
kiak666

Quote:
That is what went wrong.

In my opinion, a harder to land/use DM should does more damage to other easy to use DM as a reward for your effort to master it.

For example:

Why would you want to use Clark SDM when other characters SDM can hit their prey in easier fashion and less punishing (and time consuming) knowing that all SDM does similar damage cap.
Because those moves are unblockable? Besides those videos just showed different ways of how you can combo into those DMs.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 03:10   Link #116
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Ralf using Gear 2 and Gomu Gomu no Jet Gattling = win. But Clark is far less impressive than Tager.
I was just going to say, "Isn't that a One Piece attack?"
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 11:32   Link #117
Rayneing
Trombe!

More NeoMaxes! The Yagami Team this time, Iori, Mature, and Vice.

EDIT: This is an old version of the Iori video that was quickly removed. You can see a character named Saiki on the P2 team.

Last edited by Rayneing; 2010-06-24 at 11:56.
Rayneing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 08:28   Link #118
videoman190

The first reference video starring Ash

KOF XIII TECHNICAL REFERENCE VIDEO CHAPTER 1: ASH CRIMSON

Athe the Blog Tranlation of the Yagami Team
Quote:
Blog translation once again handeled by the awesome SonicTempest of OrochiNagi!:

Translating the Yagami team blog entry.

IORI

- Iori's strength is the many ways he can attack when he's at close range. In particular he has low jumps which make his jump attacks hard to counter. On top of that he has his Sotoshiki: Yurifuri (+ in mid-air) and his command grab 203 Shiki: Tsuchitsubaki (+), making him a character with a lot of offensive options. In addition he has a new move Sotoshiki: Kui (+) which is an overhead, further improving his offensive capabilities.

- They thought about what sort of moves to give Iori to bring out his ferociousness in spite of losing his flames, and they settled on the image of him tearing things to shreds with his nails.

- EX 401 Shiki: Shougetsu (+) has Iori move forward more than the regular version. It's also invincible until the attack comes out, and gives Iori frame advantage on block.

- EX 104 Shiki: Nueuchi (+) gains invincibility and does 3 hits, making it a good anti-air move as well as a good move for interrupting attacks.

- EX Forbidden 1211 Shiki: Yaotome (+) makes the background turn red on the final hit. The same goes for the EX versions of Mature's and Vice's DMs.

- It also has longer invincibility, making it good (again) for anti-air or interrupting other attacks.

- His NeoMAX is a new move called Forbidden 1218 Shiki: Yatagarasu (+), where he slashes violently above him in an arc. It's slow on startup, but has good priority and is great in combos. If you connect it at the moment the move starts up the move's animation looks like the KOF'96 Yagami team ending where Iori slaughters his teammates.

- They changed the animation in response to feedback from location tests that the move looked too plain (:lol).

- They've re-added Iori's close B attack, to at least make his normals feel like they used to, even though his specials have completely changed.

- Iori's 10th color matches the color scheme of his old outfit. At the second location test they added a crescent to the back of this outfit to make it match the old one more closely, and it became the most popular colour chosen (:lol).

- They indicated that Iori's ending will be something to look forward to.

MATURE

- Mature is a fast character with lots of moves just like in previous games (I guess the KOFXII version doesn't count). This time you can use her Ebony Tears (+/) as a shield to advance behind just like in previous games, so Mature users should be happy.

- EX Ebony Tears (+) does 3 hits and allows for followup attacks

- EX Death Row (+repeatedly) can be input up to 5 times instead of up to 3 times, making it easy to hit confirm and great for chipping.

- EX Despair (+) has some invincibility on startup, making it a very important move for Mature who does't have many moves that let her counterattack quickly.

- EX Nocturnal Lights (+) has a different animation from the regular version (the background turns red, as mentioned before). Apparently they had problems getting the blue Ebony Tears effect to look good on the red background, .

- Mature's NeoMAX is called 'Awaking Blood', where she removes her eyepatch and her eye flashes, at which point a large tail-like energy wave smashes the opponent. The range is pretty long, making it good for combos as well as a standalone move at long range. Also, it hits overhead.

- It's hard to make out on the sprite, but apparently Mature's eyepatch conceals a snake-shaped birthmark.

VICE

- Vice is a power character with a focus on throw moves, much like earlier games, but unlike Daimon and Clark she has good striking attacks too, and has some good combos.

- After the location tests they gave her back her mid-air throw DM Overkill (+or in mid-air). It looks like it's difficult to combo, but you can in fact super cancel it after Mayhem (+/) -> Splash (+), right before the Splash hits.

- EX Decide (+) has 'everywhere priority' (wtf does なんでも判定 mean?) and lets Vice follow up with a close C after it connects, creating a combo opportunity.

- EX Negative Gain (+) has an effect where a skull appears on the screen (I guess like one of the energy pillars in Mature or Rugal's moves?)

- Her NeoMAX has the same name as Mature's (Awakening Blood). She removes her jacket slightly, and the birthmark on her back flashes, at which point a large energy wave shaped like a snake's tail knocks the opponent down at high speed. Because the snake appears from the edge of the screen behind Vice, it can be easily used as a counterattack when Vice is cornered.

- Mature's and Vice's 4th color makes their color schemes match Iori's.

Next week? The AOF team.
YAY, VICE RETURN DM GET! Has she ever had OverKill in anything but 2002 and Neowave? (I thought she had it in 98UM, but that's wrong, lol.)

This makes her the only grappler in the game with an AIR DM, eh? Fun, Fun.
Old 2010-06-28, 08:01   Link #119
Sixth
Hu Tao

It seems that KOF series is indeed not popular...after I compared the number of the post in MvC 3 to KoF XIII...

Why is KOF series is not popular even at here?
Old 2010-06-28, 08:21   Link #120
Gordy Lechance

Well, even in their physical perfection, the Street Fighter cast has a rough humanity about them that the average gamer can relate to....

.... whereas almost EVERYBODY in the King of Fighters universe is an impossibly beautiful and skinny supermodel bishounen/bishoujo that almost everybody who is not a supermodel has a hard time relating to.

Tags
arcade, fighting, playmore, ps3, snk, xbox360