AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-08-12, 15:02   Link #15901
LaplaceNoMa

Well, this reasoning sure was useless, that's true... but I still find these two scenes quite ridiculous. These mistakes make him WAY too incompetent ;_;
LaplaceNoMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 15:09   Link #15902
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
Well, this reasoning sure was useless, that's true... but I still find these two scenes quite ridiculous. These mistakes make him WAY too incompetent ;_;
Not really. He never follows through with either of those theories. For the first one, Kanon is only the most likely person to have his master key (it's more likely that he took it and left than for another person to take it and hide Kanon's corpse but not Jessica's), and Battler's just trying to remove suspicion on Kanon. In that case, it's proven that the original assumption was false in the same scene. For the second one, Battler is just expanding on Rosa's theory and hardly has any time to think before the letter and the two extra master keys are found.

But yeah, he is very impressionable at the start. He assumes things really easily, without stopping to consider whether those assumptions are really absolutely true.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 15:56   Link #15903
Misuzu
Dribble.....SHOOTOH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
For those who can't read Japanese, I strongly recommend waiting at least a month before spoiling yourselves. I can make no guarantees, but I think we can have at least a partial translation patch finished within the first month after the game's release, unless some part of EP7 turns out to be a real pain to translate.
That would be incredible! You guys are truly amazing for doing this for us. Even if something that fast isn't possible, I am always in awe of how quickly Witch Hunt releases high quality patches. I don't state my appreciation nearly enough.

You're right in that it's probably better to hold out for the patch, especially after waiting this long for answers. I've just been let down by the endings of a few other things recently, and when I see how complicated finding any sort of satisfactory ending for Umineko will be, it's hard not to lose faith that we will get a great end. I should make more of an effort- I really do think Ryukishi is so talented, and I was fine with Higurashi's end, even though I know some people here weren't pleased with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astargoth View Post
For me the most rediciolous idea about Shkanon is the concept anyone could keep up such a charade for 3 years. Even if we were talking about some kind of unholy Solid Snake/Sam Fisher hybrid with a side order of a Hollywood make up artist, there is no way in hell you could maintain the illusion for 3 years. Simply cannot be done even.
Exactly. I could buy Battler not realizing it, since he's incompetent and is barely around Kanon, but I haven't been able to come up with any reason for everyone on the island trying to convince Battler that Shannon and Kanon are two different people. I wish I could come up with a Shkanon theory I don't find ridiculous, since it really does seem very likely that it's true. Here's hoping the answers that are coming make everyone happy.
Misuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 16:04   Link #15904
Judoh
Mystery buff

Well thanks for telling me. I'll have to hide in the episode 6 and other episode centric threads for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
For those who can't read Japanese, I strongly recommend waiting at least a month before spoiling yourselves. I can make no guarantees, but I think we can have at least a partial translation patch finished within the first month after the game's release, unless some part of EP7 turns out to be a real pain to translate.

Now that we're finally getting some answers, it'll probably be much more enjoyable to learn them the way Ryukishi meant for them to be learned. Just hearing one-sentence summaries of the reveals can hardly do the series justice. You have to let Ryuukishi lead you to them if you really want to experience the game the way it was meant to be. We've all stuck with this series for a really long time; it isn't worth weakening the impact of the climax by hearing all the answers beforehand.
It'll be really awesome if you can get a partial patch in a month! Even if it's only a small part of the game.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 16:33   Link #15905
winter 923

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
It's actually better to think of the white as true, actually. Obviously towers aren't growing out of the ground...
I'm currently typing the first episode so i can find certain spots easier and white is actually very true and if you know about it already you go "ah of course"
for example
K5 “My father is already dead. ...All that's here is a phantom of what Father once was. At any rate, as long as he has no intention of coming out, there's nothing we can do.” Krauss spun on his heels. He looked at his wristwatch, mumbling and acting as though he had wasted time doing something he knew would be in vain.
The Earth is flat: Kinzo is a stubborn and obsessed person.
The Earth is round: Kinzo is already dead, he just said that.
Both is true in it's current time (or i bow to you if you found that conclusion on your first playthrou)
Old 2010-08-12, 19:32   Link #15906
sacul097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Well, thus far there is only one piece of evidence of two people possibly being able to use the same name: Battler. Although Battler does theorize on the "Kinzo title," even if true there should probably only be a single "Kinzo." Since the other Kinzo is dead, as long as you're focusing on the affirmative actions of a single person, no problem.

The issue of course is the following:
  • "Acknowledged the existence of Kinzo."
  • "A living Kinzo."
  • "Since [Kinzo] is confirmed not to exist, please exclude him."
If there were a passed-on Kinzo title, how many of these would refer to that person, and how many would refer to the dead one? "A living Kinzo" is especially bad for ep5, as if you believe that there is a Kinzo-title floating around, you either have to believe in switching off personalities or that whoever became "Kinzo" was in Natsuhi's bed all night.

...Unless, by solving the epitaph and becoming family head Battler eradicated the need for the second "Kinzo." If "Kinzo" is meant as a fallback position in case the epitaph goes unsolved, Battler solving it means no "Kinzo" exists well before midnight, as Battler solves it on the 4th.
*insert crack theory about how natsuhi is kanon who is kinzo here*
sacul097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 20:23   Link #15907
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Last chance at forming a solution before the big reveal:
Spoiler:
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 22:42   Link #15908
Thunder Book
Endless Member

Well, time to wait for the patch.

It was fun for a while spoiler thread.

<See you again>
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 23:38   Link #15909
Moogleking

Send a message via AIM to Moogleking
Been fun talking with everybody about the game so far. I'm out till ep7 is done.
Thanks so much for the awesome translation that you guys work so hard for!
Moogleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 23:48   Link #15910
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

So it's out? Lord knows the fake spoilers are sure to be out in force soon enough.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 23:51   Link #15911
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
So it's out? Lord knows the fake spoilers are sure to be out in force soon enough.
Indeed. Usually I just fastforward through the new games so I can get the music box and listen to the new musics (especially the new zts murder rave song in each one, lol)

<See you again> in the EP6 thread
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 23:53   Link #15912
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

We can hope that, for a time, ep7 spoilers will be contained mostly in the ep7 thread (well, when one is put up). But there's no guarantees, so... yeah.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 23:56   Link #15913
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
We can hope that, for a time, ep7 spoilers will be contained mostly in the ep7 thread (well, when one is put up). But there's no guarantees, so... yeah.
I'm not taking my chances after tonight, I don't wanna find out how Asumu Ushiromiya was actually Nanjo's daughter or whatever crazy stuff is in EP7.
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 23:58   Link #15914
Marion
The Great Dine

I'm pretty sure the game is released on Saturday, so it's not until tomorrow.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 02:15   Link #15915
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Meh there's at least one thing I want to be spoiled about.
Is it the last ep.
Also if Shkanon Shkanon is confrimed or denied it'd be great to get rid of that debate.
Will probably be out after I learn that much as well. Especially since it seems the board will die...
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 05:26   Link #15916
LaplaceNoMa

Okay guys, see you in a month! No matter what's proven or disproven, don't triumph/butthurt too much.
LaplaceNoMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 08:28   Link #15917
Kylon99

I'll be getting it tomorrow, although I don't know if we'll have time to play it right away. But if I do, for now, I'll put any spoilers for EP7 in spoiler boxes on here... 8)
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 09:04   Link #15918
Ronove

Aww. So it seems the thread might be dying from the lack of people. No fear! I shall read the spoilers to my satisfaction.

So may I count on the Japanese readers to give slight summaries please? It'd be very much appreciated.
Old 2010-08-13, 10:48   Link #15919
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

So it's too early for anything real to be out yet, right? Saw this on /jp/:

I'd only consider it being real because one of the screenshots released a few weeks ago seemed to imply Ange might be coming to the island. I think the art is too bad even for Ryukishi (something about those socks especially, also lack of hairthings), but I also remember when everyone thought Featherine and the trap demons were fake...
KanonTheFurniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 10:58   Link #15920
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I would consider this fake (until proven otherwise) It's way to early. It should come out in 10 to 9 hours from now.

Last edited by Kitsu; 2010-08-13 at 11:05. Reason: I have to practice addations. I know
Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote