AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-09-04, 23:44   Link #17261
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet-kun View Post
This gave me a thought:

Why is it that Natsuhi is perfectly okay with Jessica wearing a skirt the size of a belt, and Lyon's butt pinching habits/bisexualness? How much does she really know about her own children?
She spends all her time juggling fake Kinzos and trying to figure out which person Yasu is lately, give her a break.

As to why she doesn't do it in the other world, I imagine her eldest can be... very persuasive. If you follow me.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 23:50   Link #17262
ArcticHelm

Terrible and bad. Terribad.
ArcticHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 00:10   Link #17263
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
She spends all her time juggling fake Kinzos and trying to figure out which person Yasu is lately, give her a break.
I'm still not convinced Yasu is even real. In fact, the whole man from 19 years ago thing seems to be only true in episode 5 and 7, if you take Nasuhi's reaction in EP6 seriously. R07 just brought it up again because the idea got popular.

Quote:
As to why she doesn't do it in the other world, I imagine her eldest can be... very persuasive. If you follow me.
That's it.

Any character caught wearing that green gem is officially tied to Mr. Scarlet/Lyon/Leon/Rion/Person X thing, whether it's just a normal relationship or something... 'else'. Seistas, Featherine, and Nasuhi... Krauss...

Oh god, the scars.

Last edited by Helmet-kun; 2010-09-05 at 13:13.
Helmet-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 04:04   Link #17264
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Besides it being hilarious. How exactly?

I mean I don't think Jessica's sexual preferences makes any theory gain or lose anything. Besides everything points to her believing Kanon is a boy so she's probably like her mom on this by being laughably ignorant of it.
Don't think too hard about it, you'll only wind up with a headache.
TehChron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 12:51   Link #17265
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot

...Well, I actually bothered to look up the meaning of emerald:

Spoiler for Feel free to take with a grain of salt:
Old 2010-09-05, 19:22   Link #17266
TehChron

Spoiler for Supplemental to D. Shkannon:

I hope this is acceptable to you and your Awesome theory, Will.

Last edited by TehChron; 2010-09-05 at 19:45. Reason: I fail at spelling. So hard.
Old 2010-09-05, 19:48   Link #17267
Will Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehChron View Post
Spoiler for Supplemental to D. Shkannon:

I hope this is acceptable to you and your Awesome theory, Will.
That is a better explanation than I have done so far or could have done! I had something like that in mind but was having some trouble putting it into words, you are awesome.

One other thing I would like to note is that in episode 2(I think it's two, I don't have time to check it. I'm kinda sneaking out of a meeting ((again)) right now to post this.) Shannon goes from the Beach to the mansion in an absurdly short amount of time. You can somewhat justify it as "oh Ryuukishi just didn't show her going there" which is what I assumed the first time I read the episode, but when comparing the timeline it seemed rather suspicious to me.

The best explanation to that is that there are two Shannons. Or that Ryuukishi screwed up. Or that Shannon is a really, really fast ninja.

I really like the way Double Shkanon is turning out. I think I dare to say it seems more solid than regular Shkanon, though I may be getting ahead of myself here.
Will Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 19:58   Link #17268
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Wright View Post
That is a better explanation than I have done so far or could have done! I had something like that in mind but was having some trouble putting it into words, you are awesome.

One other thing I would like to note is that in episode 2(I think it's two, I don't have time to check it. I'm kinda sneaking out of a meeting ((again)) right now to post this.) Shannon goes from the Beach to the mansion in an absurdly short amount of time. You can somewhat justify it as "oh Ryuukishi just didn't show her going there" which is what I assumed the first time I read the episode, but when comparing the timeline it seemed rather suspicious to me.

The best explanation to that is that there are two Shannons. Or that Ryuukishi screwed up. Or that Shannon is a really, really fast ninja.

I really like the way Double Shkanon is turning out. I think I dare to say it seems more solid than regular Shkanon, though I may be getting ahead of myself here.
No, I think it actually is more solid, not only does it get around the various failures of Classic Shkannon, but it also explains the various contradicting descriptions of Shannon's character, which Classic seemed to more or less ignore.

No but really, you're the awesome one for seeing this possibility to begin with.
Old 2010-09-05, 20:01   Link #17269
Steampunk Librarian

Double Shkannon has always made more sense than Shkannontrice(zo, if you consider her gaining his title for the EP 4 read about recognizing Kinzo).

I doubt that Kshannon ever talked to Jessica, and that it really was Yasu-Shannon talking to her as a friend. After all, it is Jessica who talks about Shannon having a good memory and such, right?

Its a lot easier to stomach and believe Yasu-Shannontricezo and Kshannon/Kanon. It doesn't explain why they aren't usually in the same room, but who knows what it can be if we think about it. Has George ever seen Kanon up close? I don't actually remember...
Steampunk Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:04   Link #17270
Leafsnail

If we're discussing double Shkannon... I guess we could look to Zepar and Furfur for some basis. They're meant to be dropping hints all the time, after all. I mean, for instance, they theatrically swap places a lot. Their whole mannerism also supports the idea that it's an elaborate charade, and that Kanon and Shannon are merely "roles" or "personas" rather than people... sortof like stagenames?
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:13   Link #17271
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk Librarian View Post
Double Shkannon has always made more sense than Shkannontrice(zo, if you consider her gaining his title for the EP 4 read about recognizing Kinzo).

I doubt that Kshannon ever talked to Jessica, and that it really was Yasu-Shannon talking to her as a friend. After all, it is Jessica who talks about Shannon having a good memory and such, right?

Its a lot easier to stomach and believe Yasu-Shannontricezo and Kshannon/Kanon. It doesn't explain why they aren't usually in the same room, but who knows what it can be if we think about it. Has George ever seen Kanon up close? I don't actually remember...
Perhaps not.

But as for why they wouldn't be in the same room together except for Episode 5, that could just be Ryukishi leading us along the nose with one thing thats suspicious so we ignore the real clues.

Not that Shkanon isnt a big part of the answer to begin with.

Last edited by TehChron; 2010-09-05 at 20:15. Reason: Unfinished thought
Old 2010-09-05, 20:13   Link #17272
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

I think it's about time a very specific terminology was developed for "Entity which is originally Kanon but is disguising as Shannon" and "Entity which is originally Shannon but is disguising as Kanon".

Otherwise we'll keep confusing them just like everyone else.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:15   Link #17273
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
I think it's about time a very specific terminology was developed for "Entity which is originally Kanon but is disguising as Shannon" and "Entity which is originally Shannon but is disguising as Kanon".

Otherwise we'll keep confusing them just like everyone else.
Shkannon-Yasu who becomes Shannon/Beato/Kinzo etc

Kshannon-"Kanon-Prime" and "K-Shannon".
Old 2010-09-05, 20:16   Link #17274
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Shkannon-Yasu who becomes Shannon/Beato/Kinzo etc

Kshannon-"Kanon-Prime" and "K-Shannon".
Not nearly specific enough, as it's too tempting to read them backwards anyway, I'm afraid.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:18   Link #17275
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Not nearly specific enough, as it's too tempting to read them backwards anyway, I'm afraid.
"Kanon-Prime" and "Yasu-(blank)", then.
Old 2010-09-05, 20:20   Link #17276
Steampunk Librarian

I like this theory mostly because it seems to eliminate the multiple personalities suspension I need to give and replaces it with multiple identities. It makes more sense for them to keep up this charade if its two people doing it rather than one fe/male popping out a personality for every time something tragic happens to him/her.

Quote:
"Kanon-Prime" and "Yasu-(blank)", then.
Kashannon, Yasushannontrice. I don't think those are hard to understand if you understand that Kanon is dressing as Shannon, while Shannon never dresses like Kanon.
Old 2010-09-05, 20:28   Link #17277
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk Librarian View Post
I like this theory mostly because it seems to eliminate the multiple personalities suspension I need to give and replaces it with multiple identities. It makes more sense for them to keep up this charade if its two people doing it rather than one fe/male popping out a personality for every time something tragic happens to him/her.

Kashannon, Yasushannontrice. I don't think those are hard to understand if you understand that Kanon is dressing as Shannon, while Shannon never dresses like Kanon.
Hrm, that would make sense, actually. Also nullifies the suspension of disbelief in regards to hiding Shannons massive breasts. To be honest, I just took a "why not?" stance on that particular detail
Old 2010-09-05, 20:29   Link #17278
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Hrm, that would make sense, actually. Also nullifies the suspension of disbelief in regards to hiding Shannons massive breasts. To be honest, I just took a "why not?" stance on that particular detail
Actually no, since Lion is flatchested.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:31   Link #17279
Steampunk Librarian

Quote:
As someone who has massive breasts, I can attest that the time and effort it takes to bind them is makes Classic Shkannon impossible unless you are saying Shkannon is a flatchested person that stuffs their bra... but even then, I dislike thinking that Jessica (someone who sees them the most, specifically Kanon) can't tell she is talking to the same person.
Old 2010-09-05, 20:33   Link #17280
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Hey you are either stuck with:

1 Shannon is actually flatchested
2 Lion can bind that massive breast
3 Shannon isn't Yasu.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote