AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 21 32.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 9.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-17, 06:38   Link #21
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Err.... okay finale I guess, though I don't like the impression throughout most of this episode that the director was less than interested in the couple, preferring to get distracted by other characters instead.

Finally the narrator was of some use, delivering a bit of information that the viewer couldn't deduce on their own (Sae made her dress).

Hibiki is freakishly strong!
Old 2010-09-17, 06:49   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Phew, it's finally over. The worst is behind us now. I'm very much looking forward to Ai's arc <3

About the episode itself, it was actually pretty good but I honestly couldn't care less about Sae and Junichi's romance. It just never worked for me. The best couple in this episode was truly Hibiki and Haruka, even the crowd agreed. The saving graces of this arc were Miya and Sae's tastes in clothing. It's a shame Miya didn't appear quite as much as I had hoped.

The costumes at the end were kind of cute, but the ones in the game were so much better...
Old 2010-09-17, 07:11   Link #23
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
(I love how Sae is announced Francismeunier )
10/10
Like some people though of me in Sekirei as #1 fan of Uzume.....think of me in this series as being a #1 fan of Sae.....I had more hopes for Rihoko....oh well guess Sae beat her big time. It still remains to be seen when Rihoko's arc comes though I doubt she will surpass Sae.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
Again, there is a fairly tight limit on how much could happen given that there are four episodes, but still, they managed to make it fairly believable in Kaoru's case. Sae's progression felt very artificial, and so there wasn't really any satisfaction to be had from it.
Ok, let's argue on this one. YES IT'S TRUE! BUT! If they were smart about it they would have incorporated the bad ending into a reasoning of why she transfered and develop that more. I do feel you in this argument but I also feel the blame really goes to have the producers handled her arc and they only showed too much of her cute and lust which I had no problem with but you disliked. Point being is that it could have been more balanced out and the whole training thing taken out.
Quote:
I also really disliked the version of Junichi we got in this arc. In Kaoru's arc, there were moments of relative wisdom and even some GAR from his end. In this arc, he seems to be driven by a mixture of pity and lust: the intention is obviously different, but we are never actually shown anything else, and thus that is what we have to judge on.
I will agree with that too. Junichi should have acted more mature since he was to be considered as a senpai or at the very least a instructor. As much as I liked his looks in this episode and the whole Couple Contest......his immature shy side was a downfall even though I liked the change personally.
Old 2010-09-17, 07:22   Link #24
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnng *moe death* I gave the ep 9, only because he didn't kiss her feet or in the back of her thighs/ass

Old 2010-09-17, 07:29   Link #25
D-Gold
Aurum

about sae outfit
miya-chan good advice very good advice.

Also I loled at the moe death. I wonder is any viewers died also.
Old 2010-09-17, 07:35   Link #26
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

Perfect end for me. Really portrays Sae-chan's cuteness well. Miya in kuroneko outfit is cute too~!
Old 2010-09-17, 08:11   Link #27
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Sae's arc is finally finished and the first thing I can think to say is...

At least there were a few highlights to the episode.
  • Umehara and Toroko. Seriously should've been best couple right there. Seeing a laughing Kaoru and Keiko was a definite plus though.
  • Michael Rivas as "Stephen Spielberg" in the restroom. Nice to see actual English getting interjected for once instead of yet another half-assed attempt at Engrish.
  • Sae being "so moe Junichi died".

Other than those points, this was a forgettable ending for a terrible arc and an utterly unappealing heroine. I'm tempted to give it a 10/10 simply for it being the end of Sae's arc and so her involvement in the series will be minimal from here on out, but that might backfire on me. 4/10 instead, solely based on the above highlights.
Old 2010-09-17, 09:00   Link #28
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

This narrator sure likes to state the obvious a lot. I don't really need a second voice in my head telling me things I could already see a mile away.

On the bright side, at least for this episode Junichi managed to not think with his penis the entire time. He was actually a gentleman for the majority of the episode.

The final scenes in the movie theater could have been good but, even though Moe Death is the godforsaken truth, it really just killed the mood. Don't even get me started on the abject silliness of the final "video taping."

In the end the finale managed to at least end on a better note, but still not enough to vindicate the entire arc as a whole.

I'm now far, far more interested in Ai's upcoming story. Compared to the other girls she seems to have the least exposure and interaction with Junichi by far, and her personality feels like a tough nut to crack as the preview implies. This makes for a potentially very interesting dynamic between the two of them.
Old 2010-09-17, 09:03   Link #29
RisArk

WTF Penguin!

I think I got trolled.
Old 2010-09-17, 09:04   Link #30
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Just finished episode 12, and this was possibly the best ending I could have ever expected.. Somehow I feel this is 4-5x better then Kaoru and Haruka's arc endings, but that is just me. But still, amazing ending to this wonderful arc of the girl Sae!!

(I love how Sae is announced Francismeunier )

10/10
I think its more because the rest of the episodes of this arc were much worser than Haruka's and Kaoru's. Heroine is a generic moe but she wasnt so bad compared to the retarded main hero who got much dumber in this arc.

Overall the best thing about this episodes is that with this the boring Sea arc is finally over. Yay...
Old 2010-09-17, 09:16   Link #31
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking GIF Time!

Those are the ones I did not have the time to do until now. Now let's see what you though about those parts.......
Freebie

Original=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/538b926e.gif
So who though Umehara was kind of funny with his intro here and his laugh>=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/129af51f.gif
I for one found him amazingly hilarious when he hugged his fish here=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/0cfe7a20.gif
Best was this part with Umehara=>

Original=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/d50e9968.gif
There were few people who said anything about Ayatsuji but this is for all you fans of her......her dress here was to for!=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/958bfcf6.gif
Render of Junichi/Sae intro in their dresses=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/48b93325.gif
The infinite walk down the hall...almost looked like they were married if you change the background into a Church setup=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/fe8d8d08.gif
Final setup of Sae's Gothic dress scrolling last one had a annoying Amagami sign but this one is clear!=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/ae347676.gif
Haruka and Hibiki walking down the hall=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/ceced57d.gif
What? No one though Sae was cute with her penguin outfit here
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/bfe7b2a1.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Anyways, the end took everything. I mean, yeah! Cat costume Mya! Mya! Myaaaaa~~~~! 13/10 for that!
Since you said it well everyone drool on this!

Original
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/c2839c95.gif

Yeah well that's it.....got to still do the master sets on my BLOG.
Old 2010-09-17, 10:26   Link #32
BigBadaBum

Very good ending. I liked it alot. Now im waiting for the favourite arc Nanasaki Ai
Old 2010-09-17, 11:26   Link #33
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I personally felt that the first two arcs weren't much to write home about either. I really like Haruka, Sae, and Miya, but I feel they're being used to cover for some really weak scenarios.

I will, however, give the director credit for the bit with the shot of Sae from behind while she's leaning forward while wearing a short skirt and kneesocks... I got a similar view of a Shana cosplayer doing this at a con a couple years back and it is indeed very captivating. (Before you ask, no, she did not lean that far forward, and no, I did not take any pics. Get your mind out of the gutter.)
To be honest, these are ALL pretty much "B" grade mediocre writing story attempts... the first two arcs mostly look better simply because this one was so amateurish.

How ever... this arc does get some points for simply all the little "Sae being NNNNGH moe" moments. But that's all it is, a sporadic series of moments.
Yeah... the intense repetition of cameos from the other girls is a dead give-away of floundering for material.

So far, Kaoru's story arc seemed the best constructed to me ... but the way many posters keep dancing for the upcoming arcs, we'll see if that ranking holds up.
OTOH, I'll entirely acknowledge Sae makes me feel like something is constricting my heart (that primal "brain not engaged" "omigod" feeling). Sae could be life-shortening

I ended up giving this ep a "6" ... but it would have been a "3" but for Sae herself.
Old 2010-09-17, 11:51   Link #34
Shadow5YA

I hope Ai's arc is executed well. Considering the manga did an excellent job in only 4.5 chapters, there's no reason why the anime can't do well even with the 4 ep limit.
Old 2010-09-17, 12:18   Link #35
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

I don't really put my faith in Nanasaki's arc being any better than Sae's arc, when both of it stood as the equally "kouhai-senpai relationship" based arc. I just gonna enjoy what they gonna offer in the anime. I don't really look into the storyline anyway for the first 5 girls of the series.

What i am looking forward into is Ayatsuji's arc which is the last girl in the series. Expect that her arc will be the best in terms of storyline and direction, not just another "Junichi is abusing the girl again" like what he did to the first 3 girls, and will do on the next 2 girls.

Haruka's arc could actually perform better, if only Haruka didn't act like some airheaded, like asking Junichi to find a loophole inside her and abuse it to his liking. Old friends story could deliver better too with well written storyline, and Kaoru's arc had proven this. Not sure if Rihoko's arc will perform as good as Kaoru's arc. As for kouhai-senpai arc, well, i never expect the storyline to be touchy enough, not with Junichi's kind of attitude. So my last hope in expecting a great delivery in storyline and development would be Ayatsuji's arc. Ayatsuji is the only girl among all the girls in Amagami, who started fresh as a "neutral" girl, standing equally with Junichi, as in not being a close old friend, a kouhai and senpai, also not an airheaded or dojikko. In other words, no loophole for Junichi to cave in and abuse. If he wants her, he have to do it the true man's way.

That is why up to the current arc, i never really looked into the storyline. I don't expect the storyline to be any good with given 4 episodes only. But even so, i still expect Ayatsuji's arc to deliver something different from the other 5 arcs. Gonna look forward into that for sure.
Old 2010-09-17, 12:26   Link #36
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I hope Ai's arc is executed well. Considering the manga did an excellent job in only 4.5 chapters, there's no reason why the anime can't do well even with the 4 ep limit.
Yeah.. if they use the manga storyline for Ai ... I think it'll come off MUCH better in terms of story than what poor Sae had to put up with.

We'll have to see if "dork mode Junichi" and "Mr. Narrator" go away, to start with. I still haven't looked at the credits to see if the writers/director were different for this arc than the last two...
Old 2010-09-17, 12:29   Link #37
sikvod00

Good riddance to that creepy-sounding, cheesy narrator...or is it?!? O_o
Old 2010-09-17, 12:31   Link #38
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
What i am looking forward into is Ayatsuji's arc which is the last girl in the series. Expect that her arc will be the best in terms of storyline and direction, not just another "Junichi is abusing the girl again" like what he did to the first 3 girls, and will do on the next 2 girls.

Haruka's arc could actually perform better, if only Haruka didn't act like some airheaded, like asking Junichi to find a loophole inside her and abuse it to his liking. Old friends story could deliver better too with well written storyline, and Kaoru's arc had proven this. Not sure if Rihoko's arc will perform as good as Kaoru's arc. As for kouhai-senpai arc, well, i never expect the storyline to be touchy enough, not with Junichi's kind of attitude. So my last hope in expecting a great delivery in storyline and development would be Ayatsuji's arc. Ayatsuji is the only girl among all the girls in Amagami, who started fresh as a "neutral" girl, standing equally with Junichi, as in not being a close old friend, a kouhai and senpai, also not an airheaded or dojikko. In other words, no loophole for Junichi to cave in and abuse. If he wants her, he have to do it the true man's way.
I don't understand this. How is being a 'close old friend' a loophole to be abused? One can certainly pan the execution--and while Kaoru's arc was actually pretty okay to me, as Vexx said, it's at best a 'B' grade--but I fail to see having a functional, beneficial, established relationship is a 'loophole'. It's not like he's going to have a relationship with Ayatsuji without having built up some sort of connection in the interim. Not to mention that something of the 'implied authority' element of the senpai relationship Haruka has with him is present in Ayatsuji's class representative role.

Two characters will always be made to relate somehow, or else nothing will ever come of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Yeah.. if they use the manga storyline for Ai ... I think it'll come off MUCH better in terms of story than what poor Sae had to put up with.

We'll have to see if "dork mode Junichi" and "Mr. Narrator" go away, to start with. I still haven't looked at the credits to see if the writers/director were different for this arc than the last two...
There's something to be said for the need for Junichi to be a different person for their goals of getting him paired up with each girl to be realistic within its own arc. The Junichi that pursued things with Kaoru could never be like the Junichi that gets involved with Sae, or the one that gets involved with Haruka. It will likely be more such persona-shifting for the other girls.
Old 2010-09-17, 12:40   Link #39
sikvod00

One thing I'm definitely looking forward to in the next arc is more Hibiki screen time. Since she's Ai's swim team captain, it would make sense if that's the case.
Old 2010-09-17, 12:49   Link #40
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
I don't understand this. How is being a 'close old friend' a loophole to be abused?
Its certainly abusable, it just depends on the attitude of the girl. I'm not sure if i seen one in Kaoru's arc (does the tummy kiss counts? It seems like Kaoru went easygoing on that), but i expect to see it in Rihoko's arc, especially with her dieting problem.

Quote:
Two characters will always be made to relate somehow, or else nothing will ever come of it.
Its true. You may have the point about the authority part, but that's likely contributes less to the development of a relationship, at least from what i seen in Haruka's arc. It might be a strong point though if its Hibiki instead that having a relationship with Junichi. Haruka was just too easygoing, and on top of all, lacked of common sense. How could "senpai authority" plays its role there, when you have that kind of senpai acting like some kids that looking for nothing but enjoyment, excitement and cute stuffs.

But i don't expect to see the same in Ayatsuji's arc. At least she isn't as poor as Haruka. Being a class representative may created a connection between her and Junichi, but that is as far as it could go. It won't change anything, unless one side makes their move first.
Closed Thread