AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-29, 05:02   Link #2261
brocko

booooo killjoy lol

But seriously. Out of hand? That was the first comment of that nature in this thread in probably a good month or so. Really now, one joke in a month is out of hand? Sounds like someone's just being jaded.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 22:45   Link #2262
Tabasco

*snip*

Back on topic, is it me or did or favorite ex-vampire do a complete 180 in his character from Kizumonogatari to Bake? Its a little creepy, I'm not sure if its a side effect of his being a Creature of Darkness and Despair (tm) before and now he's normal, or what?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-08-31 at 11:23. Reason: Removed off topic sentence
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 20:57   Link #2263
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Hey, good news, according to their website Shaft is currently NOT recruiting anyone. In other words right now they have enough people working under their label. It's nice to know they are not understaffed.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 22:34   Link #2264
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Ah good.
Hopefully, they're not understaffed again when Kizumonogatari in production.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 10:58   Link #2265
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Hey, good news, according to their website Shaft is currently NOT recruiting anyone. In other words right now they have enough people working under their label. It's nice to know they are not understaffed.

Yea let's not have another episode 10 fiasco.
Old 2010-09-20, 22:30   Link #2266
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post

Yea let's not have another episode 10 fiasco.
Let's not have another episode 15 development hell either...
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 20:33   Link #2267
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Yea, no waiting a full year for the series to finally finish.
Old 2010-09-22, 10:57   Link #2268
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

sorry to change the topic, but this seemed newsworthy:

Two Bakemonogatari key animation originals have apparently been stolen from the ufotable exhibition that finished earlier this month. The exhibition was otherwise successful, but it seems that a break-in occurred in the middle of the night on Sep 7th, at which time the two pictures went missing.

edit: They're requesting that the thief/thieves return the pictures, which are important materials for further Bakemono-related merchandise.

(ufotable).

Also, this isn't the first time something like this has happened. According to someone on 2ch, something (a set-up file?) from Kara no Kyoukai has apparently been stolen before.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-09-22 at 22:49.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 07:51   Link #2269
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
sorry to change the topic, but this seemed newsworthy:

Two Bakemonogatari key animation originals have apparently been stolen from the ufotable exhibition that finished earlier this month. The exhibition was otherwise successful, but it seems that a break-in occurred in the middle of the night on Sep 7th, at which time the two pictures went missing.

edit: They're requesting that the thief/thieves return the pictures, which are important materials for further Bakemono-related merchandise.

(ufotable).

Also, this isn't the first time something like this has happened. According to someone on 2ch, something (a set-up file?) from Kara no Kyoukai has apparently been stolen before.
Yeah, I've read that too. Can someone tell me how can two key animation have such great impact for future Bakemonogatari series? Does this mean Kizumonogatari is already in the production?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...during-exhibit

I hope Shaft don't use this as an excuse to delay Kizumonogatari.
Old 2010-09-24, 09:52   Link #2270
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Yeah, I've read that too. Can someone tell me how can two key animation have such great impact for future Bakemonogatari series? Does this mean Kizumonogatari is already in the production?
I'm under the impression that the merchandise in question would be something like artbooks etc (which I've mostly seen for Ghibli stuff so far - any other studio do them regularly? key frame artbooks that is). I went to the ufotable exhibitions, and the Tokyo one in particular had some of the key frames up in sequence order, which was quite interesting (had me wondering if those were ALL the key frames in said sequences, because it would seem like in-betweeners have a lot to do too if that was indeed the case!). A missing key frame would mean that an entire sequence of frames is spoiled => can't be used in artbook etc.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-10-01, 18:47   Link #2271
zato_1one

No one may not already care about it but whatever. I just re-watch some episodes again. And this comes into my attention. It is about "If someone kill Araragi, then I will kill that person too" from Senjougahara. At first, I just thought that she said that because of her twist and whimsical nature. But considering that this quote from Senjougahara had quite a big play later in both Suraga arc and Tsubasa arc. Especially in Tsubasa arc which made Araragi to realize that he didn't want to be killed and called for help from Shinobu.

Do you think that this is actually what Senjougahara has already anticipated in the first place or not? She is very understanding and intelligence. She know that Araragi is a kind of person who is willingly to sacrifice his own life to help other people. So, she decide to set up a plan to prevent him from doing that by saying she will kill whoever kill him. Knowing that Senjougahara is a serious person. That's why Araragi doesn't allow himself to be killed. Because he doesn't want anybody to die because of him and he also doesn't want his girlfriend to be a murderer too. Considering this then it looks like all of these are going according to Senjougahara's plan, right?
Old 2010-10-01, 21:00   Link #2272
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
No one may not already care about it but whatever. I just re-watch some episodes again. And this comes into my attention. It is about "If someone kill Araragi, then I will kill that person too" from Senjougahara. At first, I just thought that she said that because of her twist and whimsical nature. But considering that this quote from Senjougahara had quite a big play later in both Suraga arc and Tsubasa arc. Especially in Tsubasa arc which made Araragi to realize that he didn't want to be killed and called for help from Shinobu.

Do you think that this is actually what Senjougahara has already anticipated in the first place or not? She is very understanding and intelligence. She know that Araragi is a kind of person who is willingly to sacrifice his own life to help other people. So, she decide to set up a plan to prevent him from doing that by saying she will kill whoever kill him. Knowing that Senjougahara is a serious person. That's why Araragi doesn't allow himself to be killed. Because he doesn't want anybody to die because of him and he also doesn't want his girlfriend to be a murderer too. Considering this then it looks like all of these are going according to Senjougahara's plan, right?
Ha, well if you look at it that way, then yea it does seem like there was more to that statement she made. I noticed something along these lines too by episode 15.

I'm not sure whether she did or didn't have anything like this planned out. Maybe Araragi is just lucky.
Old 2010-10-02, 00:42   Link #2273
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I'm pretty sure didn't plan it but it's just that the planets aligned that way.
Old 2010-10-02, 22:17   Link #2274
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Bandai Channel is showing episode 1-5 until early November. But with that being said its only for Japan only.
Old 2010-10-02, 22:28   Link #2275
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

That's sort of weird...
Old 2010-10-03, 17:40   Link #2276
zato_1one

When Hitagi said "Do you want to turn me into murderer?" to Araragi when she helped him from Kanbaru in episode 8. Somehow, it makes me feel like she actually doesn't want to kill anyone. It likes she said that just to threaten Araragi not to do anything stupid.

By the way, Hitagi is finally be eliminated from this year saimoe. And that is the end for Bakemonogatari in this year saimoe too. Even if Bakemonogatari is very successful but the characters are not that popular in Japan. But that is what I expected, I consider it as a good thing actually.
Old 2010-10-03, 20:30   Link #2277
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Well with that tournament it's whatever characters are new or did something good recently anyways.
Old 2010-10-22, 03:03   Link #2278
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Okay, so with Maria's second season being announced which season do you think Kizu would be in? Since it was announced last season its probably Spring 2011 or Summer 2011. Currently the only things we know that Shaft is doing (not including the Hidamari OVA since they're done already) is Kizu, Maria and Soredemo 2(its not been announced but insider said so). Most likely Soredemo is going to be in Spring since Arakawa had a one season break in between too. Its possible that we'll get a two show season like this one now but not likely three. Right now it doesn't seem like we'll be getting any shows during the winter so the most likely combination would be (Spring=Soredemo, Kizu Summer=Maria) or (Spring=Soredemo, Maria Summer=Kizu). BUT we still have Hidamari and Zetsubou to think about, I mean it seems like its about time they get another season too.

BTW, Bake is being shown on WOWOW during December. (Pay satellite television.)
Old 2010-10-22, 04:28   Link #2279
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Soremachi already has a second season in the pipeline? And there's also Maria? I seriously hope they have enough people...because there's also an original project (Shinbo x Urobochi Gen x aokiume x SHAFT) that's been announced...

On another note, to anyone who's after the Complete Guidebook, new info in the Merchandise thread.

- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-10-22 at 04:38.
Old 2010-10-23, 05:35   Link #2280
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Okay, I've been looking at the Maria 2 thread and Sket Dance thread and it seems that Sket will be animated by Shaft in April and contains 26 episodes. If this is true than just mop my last post away since there is no way any of that stuff can be true then.

Damn, Kizu and Nise is floating further and further away from me. I'm happy Shaft is soaring like an eagle but I want my toothbrush and loli bath scene now!!!

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural