AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-11-10, 21:55   Link #221
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
So let me get this straight, we go from volume six which has the the greatest buildup in character development between the siblings, and a cliffhanger with the opportunity to go where everyone is hoping, praying and screaming this will go, and we end up with...
Spoiler:

I mean, seriously, I don't know who got slapped in the face harder with this one, Kirino or the fans. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I really hope this curveballs back on track.
Kagatob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 22:14   Link #222
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
There I believe you are wrong. It is possible that Kyousuke has these feelings, but is simply trying to deny them because he knows that it is right inappropriate.
Honestly, if that were the case, we'd be able to sense the hesitation in his feelings and actions that he performs for Kirino. Kyousuke goes the extra mile for her, that much is for sure, but not once does he stop nor hesitate and go 'what if it's because I love her, as a girl?'

As I said in the spoiler, that happened, and the response he could muster (and not to mention the nice even-handed speech he gave previous to it) was a natural one, nothing restrained nor unusual. Compare that to his reaction in the final pages of the volume: he was going 'doki doki' and blushing and over- exaggerating all over the place.

Quote:
Their relationship is one of the most developed in the series. It's my opinion a Kiri-Kyou ending is not impossible, and maybe even likely.
It is true their relationship is developed (in a familial brother-sister kind of way). It is even true an incest end is still in the cards. It's just not likely from what we've seen up until now.

Quote:
...and why is everything in spoiler tags? I mean, if they're here, they're not exactly unprepared -_-
T'was simply what I was told to do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob View Post
Spoiler:

I mean, seriously, I don't know who got slapped in the face harder with this one, Kirino or the fans. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I really hope this curveballs back on track.
Spoiler:

What is 'back on track?' There's been no evidence up until now that this series absolutely had to play out the incest route. The development this volume was not abrupt, its progression very logical. And likewise, Kirino's development of romantic affection also did not really start until the recent volumes, and it was clear her feelings were still confused until this volume, but she had her chance to make a first strike already with that event, she passed on it, and someone else took the initiative and went through with theirs. It has nothing to do with being 'cheated' or 'side-stepped,' she was just beaten by someone who held stronger feelings and conviction, such as how it usually works out in the game of love.

Whether Kirino'll fight back, and what will happen, is the fun that comes with Volume 8.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 23:24   Link #223
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
...and why is everything in spoiler tags? I mean, if they're here, they're not exactly unprepared -_-
Because, like it or not, this is still the "Light Novel & Manga Discussion Thread" - manga readers don't necessarily want to know what's coming later in the series.

Furthermore, there might be people wanting to discuss just the translated volumes (so far, there's only one), so pain as it is, we should keep them in mind too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob View Post
So let me get this straight, we go from volume six which has the the greatest buildup in character development between the siblings, and a cliffhanger with the opportunity to go where everyone is hoping, praying and screaming this will go...
I've made it through most of 7 (still have to get through the most important part of chap 4, so will be back with my thoughts probably tomorrow) but I'm completely in agreement with winkel.
Spoiler for vol.7:

I'll just say this: there is a BIG difference between reading a book for yourself, and reading summaries and spoilers that are potentially biased in one direction or another. That said, I haven't read the other volumes, only summaries, and I
Spoiler for vol6-7:

Anyways, will be back again later. Ah, the author's interview for this release is also quite interesting, so I'll try and translate some of that too.

======

edit: Right...that was insane. There's a lot in that last chapter, so I don't know where to start. I don't really have time to write a detailed summary of the whole book (a certain blog should have it up by the end of the month), but I can post what I wrote about the 4th chapter if anyone wants spoilers...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-11-11 at 04:10.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 04:51   Link #224
ZeKeR
Superbad

so what now? can anyone list POTENTIAL pairs that are starting to show?

as far as i can read... it is said for a kuroneko-kyousuke lineup and a few kirino-kyousuke ones
Old 2010-11-11, 06:25   Link #225
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

^
The potential pairings appeared ages ago...but I'll leave my comments for another time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Oh I might as well point out that I'll be INCREDIBLY pissed if they pull the fake-boyfriend route two volumes in a roll. Of course I know no author would be insane enough to do that but I just want to throw that out there.
From this interview:
Spoiler for vol 7 spoiler:

Brief summary for 1-3, and detailed summary for 4

Spoiler for vol.07 ch1-3:

Spoiler for summary for vol.7ch4:

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-11-11 at 10:30.
Old 2010-11-11, 06:58   Link #226
Sumeragi
Banned

Thank you for the summary, karice67. It will satisfy me for now until my otoutos have sent the book.

Spoiler for My Thoughts on Volume 7:
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 15:01   Link #227
Arkard

Spoiler for Vol. 7:
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 15:16   Link #228
Deathscyther

Spoiler for Light novels:
Old 2010-11-11, 15:16   Link #229
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
^

Spoiler for summary for vol.7ch4:
Spoiler for Novel 7 + 8 Speculation:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 17:05   Link #230
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
Spoiler for A possible Kyousuke x Kirino scenario:
That seems like your standard 'tragic 3rd heroine love triangle."

Spoiler for My Thoughts on Why it won't work:
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 17:37   Link #231
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
That seems like your standard 'tragic 3rd heroine love triangle."

Spoiler for response:
Old 2010-11-11, 17:46   Link #232
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
I like a good incest story as much as the next person (hell, I just wrote a 10 page paper for school about how there's no reason for incest to remain taboo), but I never saw the possibility of an incest end for this series. I think Kirino set the record straight in the first novel: the idea of 3D incest disgusted her.

I see her behaviour towards Kyousuke as merely a sister desperate for her brother's attention. Though she won't admit it she likes all the attention and consideration he gives her now and doesn't want to lose it. Check out the Kirino thread for my theory as to the cause.

I suppose you could still call her a bro-con and it may be a bit unhealthy but I don't think she has romantic feelings for Kyousuke. Even if she did, he certainly doesn't. This series was never marketed as a forbidden romance between siblings, but rather as two siblings reconnecting as family after being so distant. I have to wonder how people would view their relationship if Kirino's obsession wasn't incest eroge. That fact certainly polarized the series.

Spoiler for As for volume 7:

Last edited by 00-Raiser; 2010-11-11 at 18:22.
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 18:24   Link #233
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

I suppose now's a good time as any to post my thoughts on the potential pairings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I suppose you could still call her a bro-con and it may be a bit unhealthy but I don't think she has romantic feelings for Kyousuke. Even if she did, he certainly doesn't. This series was never marketed as a forbidden romance between siblings, but rather as two siblings reconnecting as family after being so distant. I have to wonder how people would view their relationship if Kirino's obsession wasn't incest eroge. That fact certainly polarized the series.
QFT. That's the impression I'm getting.

Quote:
Spoiler for As for volume 7:
Spoiler for vol.7 - thoughts on the pairings:

=====

Finally, I don't know if he's ever said it before, but Fushimi Tsukasa (the author) doesn't like Kirino at all.

(In the interview, they're talking about the game and the routes that will be possible)

Spoiler for length and vol.6 spoilers:

Also, he didn't plan everything right from the start:

———桐乃が初期からだいぶデレていますが、今の二人の関係性の変化は予想されていましたか?
----Kirino has really become more "dere" compared to the initial stage: did you anticipate the change in the siblings' relationship from the start?

伏見:初期段階ではまったくしていませんでした。1巻で終わると思っていましたし。2巻を書いていたときは2巻 で終わると思っていました。3巻を書いているときは4巻で終わると思っていました。私の中ではっきり変わっ たのは、4巻ラストの展開について激しく話し合ったときで、「やべぇ! この話はまだまだ続くぞ、どうしよ う」と。ストーリーをある程度先まで考えて決めたのも、そのときです。
Fushimi: At the start, I really hadn't thought of it. At first, I thought I'd end with one volume. When writing the second, I thought it'd end at 2. When writing 3, I thought we'd finish with 4. The time everything changed was at the intense meeting after the end of 4, I realised "Yikes! This story is still continuing! What should I do?" That was when I started thinking a little about what would happen in the future.

--
Back with more of the interview later.

- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-12-21 at 10:56. Reason: oops
Old 2010-11-11, 19:07   Link #234
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for vol.7 - thoughts on the pairings:
Spoiler for reply:

Quote:
Finally, I don't know if he's ever said it before, but Fushimi Tsukasa (the author) doesn't like Kirino at all.
Heh? Really? I don't blame him. Well props to him for not letting his preferences affect his storytelling. Though if it results in something like what happened with Yuki, I won't complain!
Old 2010-11-11, 20:22   Link #235
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
Spoiler for Light novels:
I like the parallel with her hobby. Perfect argument if he goes that route.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 21:11   Link #236
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Spoiler for My Thoughts on Volume 7:
Spoiler for response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Spoiler for Novel 7 + 8 Speculation:
Spoiler for response - vol.8 speculation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
Spoiler for response:

Quote:
Spoiler for reply:
Spoiler for response:

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-11-11, 21:56   Link #237
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for response:
Spoiler for Reply:
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 10:34   Link #238
Urameshi-sama

Kyousuke x Kirino is about as well developed as (or even more than) Kyousuke x Kuroneko at this point, even though I like the latter better. The mangaka's shortsighted approach to the series and it's expected long storyline really don't lend too much evidence for the final pairings from just vol 7's development, but the seeds are currently there for it to go either way. Kyosuke's a masochistic siscon who cares for his sister more than he'd like to admit, and Kirino's a tsundere brocon who probably has legitimate feelings for him (Christmas love hotel visit, fake date).

I'm with winkel in expecting Kirino to use desperation moves in the next vol, and I'm really curious (and skeptical) of whether it will work and how the situation will resolve. Kyosuke managed to misread Kirino's behavior at the start of the story for hate, but it's been hinted she was probably just resentful for some unexplained distancing between them (maybe Manami?). I'd expect to see a flashback or elaboration on that in the next volume. Though, I think the distancing itself suggests Kyousuke's natural inclinations towards familial love for Kirino. So Kirino's reaction will really be at conflict with both Kyosuke's natural goal for his relationship with Kirino and with her rival Kuroneko.
Urameshi-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 03:44   Link #239
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for vol.07 ch1-3:
A bit late but... I'd like you to elaborate, please
Old 2010-11-14, 04:25   Link #240
Sumeragi