AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2010-12-08, 06:26   Link #301
tsunade666

huge difference. The kamfer and IS had a very different story and the male or MC isn't useless specially that the kamfer MC is useless totally useless in male form or in female form for fanservice I actually haven't seen natsuru do a decent fight compare to ichika.
Old 2010-12-08, 09:32   Link #302
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

From someone who have read both light novel, I can assure you they're very different. They have the same premise in that both main male protagonist is special, but how they handle the story development is very different for me.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 11:55   Link #303
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
huge difference. The kamfer and IS had a very different story and the male or MC isn't useless specially that the kamfer MC is useless totally useless in male form or in female form for fanservice I actually haven't seen natsuru do a decent fight compare to ichika.
Both titles are aired on TBS, featuring opening made by Minami Kuribayashi.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 12:30   Link #304
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
As I was reading the Chinese scan of the novel, I thought: "Wait a min, isn't this just Kampfer without the trap element?" The only male kampfer or the only male who can use the macha, what's the difference?
You can say that for a majority of MF Bunko J's novels, it is similar to what Kuroshinigami said.
Old 2010-12-08, 20:50   Link #305
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, I can't deny that a lot of MF Bunko J's novel is a little childish in content and a lot of them has a harem love comedy genre, but that doesn't mean just because they have the same genre and same protagonist back story all the story gonna feel the same in content.

For example, you can't really say that Gundam Seed and the original Gundam has no difference just because both their main character is supposed to have the same back story.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 07:20   Link #306
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Kampfer sucks man. The male protagonist is awful and from the summaries of the male protagonist in IS he is strong and useful.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 13:21   Link #307
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

There is still a similar premise, lets only hope Zephyr's claims are true. Remember it is still a MF Bunko J adaptation so just don't go too high with expectations.
Old 2010-12-09, 14:32   Link #308
tsunade666

but it's a mech that's enough for me to expect. I also like harem leads that had backbone and not some lousy guy. But from the bit of spoiler. Ichika is the man!
Old 2010-12-10, 10:39   Link #309
zephyr325

I'd say there are 2 types of hero character in harem story.

Type 1 character lacks power to fight the threats by himself and let other powerful heroines to fight against threats.
Since the main fighting force for Type 1 characters are heroines, he tends to gain additional, powerful female characters as the story progresses.

Type 2 character fights against threats by himself, holding his own against enemies.
In this setting, heroines often function as damsel in distress, or a supporting character in battle whenever he is at disadvantage due to certain handicaps

Since most story settings begins with the main charaters getting (unwittingly) involved into unfamiliar situation, most of Type 2 character could be initially viewed as Type 1. (I'll categorize them as Type 2A)
Therefore, the main difference between Type 1 and 2 charater would be whether the character evolves into Type 2 or not.
To avoid confusion, I limited Type 2 designation only to those who shows a permanent change. (bits and glimpse from time to time don't count)
A few Type 2 characters appear as Type 2 from the very beginning of the story.
In this case, their past (Type 1 part) might appear as a recollection of past memory. (I'll categorize them as Type 2B)
Also, a character who evolve into Type 2 too late in the story would have to be viewed as Type 1.

Example of Type 1 characters
- Rito Yuuki from To Love-Ru
- Natsuru Seno(male) from Kampfer.
- Sahashi Minato from Sekirei
- Tsukune Aono from Rosario + Vampire

Example of Type 2 characters
- Toma Kamijo from To aru Majutsu no Index (Type 2B)
- Yoichi from Asu no Yoichi (Type 2B)
- Tenchi Masaki from Tenchi Muyo! (Type 2A)
- Saito Hiraga from The Familiar of Zero (Type 2A)
- Hibiki Tokai from Vandread (Type 2B)

Which type does Ichika fall into...?

Spoiler for The answer is...:
zephyr325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 15:57   Link #310
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Very interesting, So Type 2A is original teens who received new abilities while 2B are those who are naturals at fighting
Old 2010-12-10, 23:31   Link #311
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Very interesting, So Type 2A is original teens who received new abilities while 2B are those who are naturals at fighting
I think zephyr's classifications describe the characters as they are portrayed in the story, hence "2B" are those who are currently portrayed as being able to fight, but had a past where they were not so.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 01:40   Link #312
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Looks MF Bunko J has begin reviewing what's happening next Volume...care to translate Zepyh? I did a bit myself

Spoiler for Volume 6 Spoilers:
Old 2010-12-11, 04:39   Link #313
zephyr325

Ok, just needs a little bit of correction.

Spoiler for ..:

And here is some more detail regarding Cecilia and BT test vehicle #2.

Spoiler for Warining! contains story elements from Vol.5:
zephyr325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 05:16   Link #314
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr325 View Post
Ok, just needs a little bit of correction.

Spoiler for ..:

And here is some more detail regarding Cecilia and BT test vehicle #2.

Spoiler for Warining! contains story elements from Vol.5:
Spoiler for BEnding:
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 05:20   Link #315
tsunade666

thanks for the heads up on vol 5 zephyr and I also like the classification of main characters from type 1 an type 2.
Old 2010-12-11, 06:20   Link #316
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for spoiler images:
Old 2010-12-11, 09:20   Link #317
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 13:05   Link #318
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Lots of delicous combat scans
Old 2010-12-11, 13:07   Link #319
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Where did you get the scan or you scan it by yourself?
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 14:34   Link #320
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Although looking closer, there is a bit of quality issues with the art.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, mecha, romance, school life, sci-fi, shounen, stupid protagonist