AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-20, 19:28   Link #19541
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by optics View Post
Anyone know where I can get those clear rods/tubes or something similar that connects to the MG Strike Freedom's Dragoons?

I don't know if that life size Gundam is still up in Japan, but I always wanted them to have it lying on a mountain side so that nature could pretty much do something like the pic above.

My contribution to this thread:

Wish I had the Full Burst version...

That Freedom, Did you paint it or does it really look taht good out of the box?
Butagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 20:22   Link #19542
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Sadly, that's not the case. All handles are exactly the same

I already tried to put beams from 00 kits into Unicorn's handles but the endresult was... underwhelming. I ruined 3 blades from other kit's like Arios and Seravee and i don't wan't to superglue

Maybe I should just buy a Jegan and use the handle from that kit.
my 144 00 gundam didn't come with any beam sabers. i made those from the clear runners that hold the pieces on the trays. i used a exacto to taper off the runners and make a holding peg without using any glue. sharpies were used to colour them. i was kicking myself for not waiting for the 00 kit that had the gn sword III. the kit i have has only GN II swords and beam sabers were not provided. the only problem with using the plastic runner for homemade beam sabers is the butt to hold them in place. here's a picture of the runners before i played around with them.

X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 20:35   Link #19543
optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
That Freedom, Did you paint it or does it really look taht good out of the box?
The only thing I painted were the thrusters in the back for both, which aren't visible. Other than that, everything is original. It could be the lighting... IDK.
optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 22:05   Link #19544
GrimmReaperNL
Oro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by optics View Post
The only thing I painted were the thrusters in the back for both, which aren't visible. Other than that, everything is original. It could be the lighting... IDK.
the MG freedom does look pretty awesome tbh
Old 2010-12-20, 22:08   Link #19545
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmReaperNL View Post
the MG freedom does look pretty awesome tbh
Most MG kits do.
Old 2010-12-21, 04:30   Link #19546
bio9205
Reborn

Remember the China Gundam statue posted a few pages back? Well, it got destroyed by Japan's RX-78-2 in an epic battle.

Okay, that didn't happen, but it's gone.

Quote:
TOKYO (AFP) – Japan's 18 metre (60 foot) tall Gundam combat robot, hero to millions of sci-fi animation fans, emerged victorious Monday after apparently banishing a lookalike rival from a Chinese amusement park.
Japanese devotees of the "Mobile Suit Gundam" anime series had been up in arms after television news reports showed a giant golden figure that closely resembled their beloved battle-bot towering over a fun park in China.
Japan's Fuji Television showed images of the robot, of similar height and with similar features to a giant Gundam that has been on show and drawn large crowds in Tokyo and then coastal Shizuoka in recent months.
Like Gundam, the Chinese figure bears the logos EFSF and WB on its shoulders -- short, as all Gundam fans know, for 'Earth Federation Space Force', which controls space colonies, and 'White Base', Gundam's mothership.
A spokesman for China's Floraland park in Chengdu, Sichuan province, was quoted as telling Fuji TV that the design was "completely original", but that the park was "remodelling" it because some people said it looked like Gundam.
On a Japanese chatroom, one outraged writer thundered that "they have no shame", another critiqued the Chinese robot's colour scheme, and a third suggested it should be called "Gansaku" -- Japanese for "counterfeit".
Gundam's human defence forces were readying for a possible copyright battle.
"We have got information that a copied statue of 'Mobile Suit Gundam' is being built at a theme park in Sichuan," said an official of Sotsu Co., which handles trademark and merchandising issues for the TV and movie series.
"We are now collecting information as the details are still unclear."
Officials at the Chinese theme park denied the existence of the statue on Monday. A witness told AFP the statue had been removed from the premises.
The Gundam anime series, first aired in Japan in 1979, and its spin-offs, have won legions of enthusiastic fans in many countries, including China.
The copyright battle may not be over yet. Fuji network also showed figures at the park that resembled characters from Japan's "Ultraman" sci-fi series.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 04:30   Link #19547
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Good, I hated that gold POS.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 04:35   Link #19548
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Good, I hated that gold POS.
Now all we need is for North Korea to build a Zaku as a declaration of war.
Old 2010-12-21, 07:56   Link #19549
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
my 144 00 gundam didn't come with any beam sabers. i made those from the clear runners that hold the pieces on the trays. i used a exacto to taper off the runners and make a holding peg without using any glue. sharpies were used to colour them. i was kicking myself for not waiting for the 00 kit that had the gn sword III. the kit i have has only GN II swords and beam sabers were not provided. the only problem with using the plastic runner for homemade beam sabers is the butt to hold them in place. here's a picture of the runners before i played around with them.

Guess I misunderstood your point But making them yourself is quite impressive.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 15:36   Link #19550
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Most MG kits do.
You're right, but still. IF I make the step to MG, freedom'll probably be the first one. First I'll have to find things like a modeller's knife and a decent pair of plyers (instead of my nail scissors)
Old 2010-12-21, 15:42   Link #19551
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Guess I misunderstood your point But making them yourself is quite impressive.
i don't know myself. it was pain in the butt to make them they're far from perfect from up close but rough enough to the trick. though the relatively square butts do deform the 00 saber handles a bit over time. it would be much easier if i could only use sand paper but it makes them cloudy, shaving leaves a clear enough transparency.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 17:59   Link #19552
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
You're right, but still. IF I make the step to MG, freedom'll probably be the first one. First I'll have to find things like a modeller's knife and a decent pair of plyers (instead of my nail scissors)
I've put together several MG kits and used a pair of paper scissors to get them out of the runners and nail clippers to remove the nubs. It works well for me.
Old 2010-12-21, 19:22   Link #19553
yusawateva

ive finished building my brave (graham custom), i've gotta say it's sick! especially since i custom colored it:P

also the most intact flag series model i've ever built
yusawateva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 20:19   Link #19554
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusawateva View Post
ive finished building my brave (graham custom), i've gotta say it's sick! especially since i custom colored it:P

also the most intact flag series model i've ever built
Heh. Considering it didn't have polycaps, that's quite good. Pictures?
Old 2010-12-21, 20:35   Link #19555
optics

Quote:
aha I'm still using nail clippers, even when building PGs.

When I started, I slowly started going up grade by grade and then when I got to PG, I told myself that I would just stick with this grade. I only have 3 PGs, but as kool and big as they are, I like to limit the growth of a collection now, just to give them that centerpiece feel. Plus, the prices just keep going up. I always have an itch to build more, but I think my interest in MG is slowly coming back. I think the only new addition to my PGs will have to be the God Gundam, if it is ever made... if not, then I'm done with that grade.

I'm actually on the verge of ordering 3 MG kits in the upcoming days. Won't say which ones, but it'll be awesome.

Anyways, here are 2 videos of my PGs. Maybe you've seen em...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPJKqAzaCGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImRWgPQsT98
optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 01:32   Link #19556
yusawateva

here's my brave, theres still little bit of finishing to do but this is it! i custom colored it grey, inspired by the Delta+ :]

comments?

edit: i personally think the brave's engine/thrusters are the sexiest part of the design :]
yusawateva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 02:10   Link #19557
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I wonder how it'd look if you color the orange visor red. :]
Old 2010-12-22, 07:07   Link #19558
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I've put together several MG kits and used a pair of paper scissors to get them out of the runners and nail clippers to remove the nubs. It works well for me.
Nailclippers are a good tip, thnaks for that! But I think using scissors to cut them loose isn't really good for the scissors' sharpness
Old 2010-12-22, 07:31   Link #19559
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
hobby japan with the full saber sneak peek
Spoiler:

Last edited by duotiga; 2010-12-22 at 08:18.
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 08:16   Link #19560
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

MG Gundam Shenlong Ver. Ka confirmed for March release

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
hobby japan with the full saber sneak peek
Spoiler:
While I know the upcoming Full Saber kit is for the HG kit... that's the MG 00 Qan[T] with the Full Saber equipment isn't it?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy