AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-12-27, 01:01   Link #61
antjluc

Wait!!!...the big guy on the far left...wasn't he the previous Samehada wielder?
antjluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 01:09   Link #62
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by antjluc View Post
So its the previous Seven Swordsman so i guess Kisame was part of a new group along with Raiga huh?
Raiga was a filler character.
Old 2010-12-27, 01:13   Link #63
antjluc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
Raiga was a filler character.
yea i know but the thing is will kishi use him in the story line at all even though i doubt it
antjluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 01:14   Link #64
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by antjluc View Post
yea i know but the thing is will kishi use him in the story line at all even though i doubt it
Same. I doubt Kishimoto will use him.
Old 2010-12-27, 02:31   Link #65
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suika-Esper View Post
They need their own arc. One that isn't in the midst of all this craziness with the world at stake.
Indeed, they do need their own arc. The current swordsmen, that is.

I could seriously not care less about these dead swordsmen. They're a different generation and a nice addition to the attacking power of the zombies, plus their reputation precedes them, but they sure as heck don't need a freaking lifestory or a goddamn arc. They're dead. The development I want to see lies in the people fighting them.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 04:04   Link #66
ronin myael
lost ronin

kabuto looked like he was playing chinese checkers when he was controlling the zombies. lol
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 08:27   Link #67
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

So those two are gonna look for sasuke? so what.. they can be used as pawns like karin? lol
Old 2010-12-27, 08:37   Link #68
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Next week, more dead ninjas revived. Maybe all the previous kages from each village.
Old 2010-12-27, 10:34   Link #69
Kallen4life

King Yama is not a happy camper =/
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 12:02   Link #70
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Indeed, they do need their own arc. The current swordsmen, that is.
Maybe they are in Kakashi's army and will come to fight in the next chapter. Kishimoto likes these previous vs current generation fights, he always shows how the current surpassed the previous

How many are under Kakashi's command, 10,000 ninja? There have to be some of them who can kick ass
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 12:48   Link #71
Slayerx

small thing i noticed, but is Zabuza carrying Nagato? yeesh, seems like being a zombie didn't do much for his body. really though it does make me question how useful he will be in that state... even when he was alived I could not help but question how he could be of any use without his extra bodies (and he didn't do much to disprove that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Next week, more dead ninjas revived. Maybe all the previous kages from each village.
Well Kabuto has already summoned the previous generation of kage's from each village (konoha excluded)... he COULD probably summon the rest but he could also some even more former swordsmen of the mist aside from just the last generation... as well as previous demon hosts... but Kabuto might be trying to balance out quality and quantity since there are limits to how many he can summon and control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Maybe they are in Kakashi's army and will come to fight in the next chapter. Kishimoto likes these previous vs current generation fights, he always shows how the current surpassed the previous
well that still wouldn't give them their own arc...
really i can't help but feel the only reason kishi is having them show up now is because it's a loose thread from 10 years ago... it's like "oh ya, i never did do anything with those seven swordsmen"....
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 14:22   Link #72
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
I kinda doubt the current generation of swordsmen would be in Kakashi's division. Choujuro is one of the seven and he wasn't shown to be assigned to Kakashi's division (or any division for that matter). Honestly, it's more than a little odd that he's one of the only kage bodyguards (along with the fat dude) not shown to be serving in a division. So that could possibly mean he's still acting as personal bodyguard to the Mizukage, or that he's been assigned to a special force along with the other mist swordsmen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
small thing i noticed, but is Zabuza carrying Nagato? yeesh, seems like being a zombie didn't do much for his body. really though it does make me question how useful he will be in that state... even when he was alived I could not help but question how he could be of any use without his extra bodies (and he didn't do much to disprove that)
Yeah, brought it up earlier. It looks like Kakuzu has to carry him around and Nagato doesn't even look conscious. Still, if Nagato can use Banshou Tenin and Shinra Tensei he could still be a major threat. Those techniques don't require much movement and it's not like he really has to worry about over-exerting himself anymore.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 17:10   Link #73
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I kinda doubt the current generation of swordsmen would be in Kakashi's division. Choujuro is one of the seven and he wasn't shown to be assigned to Kakashi's division (or any division for that matter).
Just because he was never shown it does not mean he is not in the army. We have seen the list of zombies in the beginning but later Kishi keeps introducing more and more zombies, for example Chiyo will also be used (i guess against Gaara).
All the strong ninja should be either in the army or as kage bodyguards, so if that one young guy is now around the mizukage and Zabuza and Kisame are dead then there are 4 other current swordsmen to show. But Zabuza should have been already replaced by someone, if being one of the 7 swordsmen is a title and not just having a special sword. I guess Suigetsu will somehow end up being one of the new 7 swordsmen, so that's why he is out of the prison and will be back in action.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 18:32   Link #74
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Just because he was never shown it does not mean he is not in the army. We have seen the list of zombies in the beginning but later Kishi keeps introducing more and more zombies, for example Chiyo will also be used (i guess against Gaara).
All the strong ninja should be either in the army or as kage bodyguards, so if that one young guy is now around the mizukage and Zabuza and Kisame are dead then there are 4 other current swordsmen to show. But Zabuza should have been already replaced by someone, if being one of the 7 swordsmen is a title and not just having a special sword. I guess Suigetsu will somehow end up being one of the new 7 swordsmen, so that's why he is out of the prison and will be back in action.
Suigetsu isn't even part of the Mist anymore. He can't be a swordsman. We don't even know if he will be back in action. Kishimoto probably just showed them to explain the sudden appearence of Zabuza's sword. We probably won't see them again for another 50 chapters which is fine by me. We already saw them fight twice. Without Sasuke, there is no reason to see Taka.

And I doubt Kishi will introduce new characters for the Alliance outside of named fodder. It's just too late to introduce the other swordsmen and expect anyone to care about them. There is no time to develop any one. The swordsmen zombies are fine since their only real purpose is to provide punching bags for the heroes. You don't have to develop them. Just give them cool moves like Paku and Gari. They are just plot devices.

Chapter 515 showed us who are the lineup for the Alliance is. We are not going to see any new characters. We have too many already that need fights. But we will see more zombies since Edo Tensei is all about fanservice. So why not show the Kinkaku Force and 12 Guardian Ninja as zombies? Watch Kimimaro summon the Sound Four back to fight Konohamaru's team and Hanabi.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 19:46   Link #75
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Chapter 515 showed us who are the lineup for the Alliance is. We are not going to see any new characters. We have too many already that need fights. But we will see more zombies since Edo Tensei is all about fanservice. So why not show the Kinkaku Force and 12 Guardian Ninja as zombies? Watch Kimimaro summon the Sound Four back to fight Konohamaru's team and Hanabi.
This is exactly what I'm wanting to see. Even discounting the "Main ninja" from the chunin exam teams we still have characters of interest like Kohohamaru, Hanabi, and Iruka. We havent even seen these characters in good fights that showcase their skills and development. Poor Iruka's been totally ditched .

I also want to see more of Sasuke's teammates. They were the best guage of sasuke's "gradual" change into a senseless jerk(he was always a jerk). Kishi's been introducing cool points in the story, but he's got no follow thru
-what the hell was 'that' jutsu (for naruto)
-What darkness did Karen see in naruto
-How can sasuke have a (worthy)'team' if he will openly stab them in the back.

OHH! Just got a new idea bout Itachi's crow. . .
What if he set it up so that his OWN eyes can't be used against Naruto! That would totally nerf Sasuke. Ah wishfull thinking.

Last edited by Kotengu; 2010-12-27 at 19:50. Reason: new idea!
Kotengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 20:24   Link #76
Rahan

Quote:
Choujiro isn't with Kakashi, he is assisting Mizukage. (like Shikaku with Tsunade and Samui with Raikage)

Since Mizukage has no specific role, they might be backing up Kakashi though. Remember Zabuza tried to kill a Mizukage. (even though we don't know if it was Mei or Yagura)
That way, we would have :

Mizukage vs Zabuza
Choujiro vs swordsman who used to wield his sword.
4 zombies swordsmen vs 4 living swordsmen
Mangetsu vs Suigetsu (I assume the bland looking swordsman is Mangetsu since he looks kinda like Suigetsu)

then Chuukichi comes back with his new squad and the boss battles can start. (Kakashi vs Hanzou, Sakura vs Chiyo, Juugo vs Kimimaro etc...)

Anyway, the current swordsmen have to be revealed. The only interesting point of the swordsmen is the sword and the zombies don't have them. (except Zabuza's since no one else wielded it at the time)
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 21:04   Link #77
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Choujiro isn't with Kakashi, he is assisting Mizukage. (like Shikaku with Tsunade and Samui with Raikage)

Since Mizukage has no specific role, they might be backing up Kakashi though. Remember Zabuza tried to kill a Mizukage. (even though we don't know if it was Mei or Yagura)
That way, we would have :

Mizukage vs Zabuza
Choujiro vs swordsman who used to wield his sword.
4 zombies swordsmen vs 4 living swordsmen
Mangetsu vs Suigetsu (I assume the bland looking swordsman is Mangetsu since he looks kinda like Suigetsu)

then Chuukichi comes back with his new squad and the boss battles can start. (Kakashi vs Hanzou, Sakura vs Chiyo, Juugo vs Kimimaro etc...)
The Kages are in Kumo. They are nowhere near where Kakashi's group is fighting which is close to the border of the Land of Frost and Land of Hot Water. The other divisions are on the field and will offer backup if they can. That was the whole pint of their formations.

I think it's pretty clear the Kages will be facing the Kage zombies. Mei also could face Yagura. Going by Kabuto's pebbles, he still has over 10 more zombies to reveal.

Suigetsu and Juugo are still in the Land of Iron. The Land of Iron is likely near Suna since the Sand group was the first to arrive at the Kage Summit. The others took much longer to get there. So they are also nowhere near what is happening and will not be involved in this fight. Unless you can tell me they can teleport like Madara.

It's Kakashi, Gai, Sakura, Lee, Sai, Omoi, Kankuro(?), fodder vs. Haku, Zabuza, Paku, Gari, 6 swordsman. That's more than enough. And more than likely, Kakashi's group will be forced to retreat to setup future fights. The bad guys have to win one fight after that embarrassing display with the Ambush squads. .

Quote:
Anyway, the current swordsmen have to be revealed.
No they don't. We have enough characters as it is. This war was created so the secondary characters like the Konoha 11, Sand Sibs, etc, would have something to do. Any time wasted on new characters takes away time that should be spent on what this war is for. Naruto's buddies coming into their own. Kishi already showed you who the Alliance was in chapter 515.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 22:05   Link #78
Rahan

Quote:
The Kages are in Kumo. They are nowhere near where Kakashi's group is fighting which is close to the border of the Land of Frost and Land of Hot Water. The other divisions are on the field and will offer backup if they can. That was the whole pint of their formations.
I don't know whether she is in Kumo.
Last time the kages were seen (when receiving info about the Zetsus), only Tsunade and Oonoki were with Raikage. Gaara is leading his division, but what about the Mizukage ?

Quote:
I think it's pretty clear the Kages will be facing the Kage zombies. Mei also could face Yagura. Going by Kabuto's pebbles, he still has over 10 more zombies to reveal.
She can fight more than one zombie. It's all what she'll do in the manga anyways. Raikage has a bigger role due to his beef with Sasuke and his leading the alliance, Oonoki will sacrifice himself as any old tough fart, Gaara and Tsunade are special.

Quote:
Suigetsu and Juugo are still in the Land of Iron. The Land of Iron is likely near Suna since the Sand group was the first to arrive at the Kage Summit. The others took much longer to get there. So they are also nowhere near what is happening and will not be involved in this fight. Unless you can tell me they can teleport like Madara.
They can't teleport, but they will fight in this battle. The probabilty is at least 99%

Quote:
It's Kakashi, Gai, Sakura, Lee, Sai, Omoi, Kankuro(?), fodder vs. Haku, Zabuza, Paku, Gari, 6 swordsman. That's more than enough. And more than likely, Kakashi's group will be forced to retreat to setup future fights. The bad guys have to win one fight after that embarrassing display with the Ambush squads.
Actually, we do know they are going to win this battle. (and most likely this war, since Kabuto is the arc villain, yet Naruto is not going to bother with him)

Remember Chuukichi is fetching Chiyo, and Chiyo is guaranteed to fight Sakura. Which means Hanzou is for Kakashi. The swordsmen are merely the appetizers. The real fight starts later.

Quote:
No they don't. We have enough characters as it is. This war was created so the secondary characters like the Konoha 11, Sand Sibs, etc, would have something to do. Any time wasted on new characters takes away time that should be spent on what this war is for. Naruto's buddies coming into their own. Kishi already showed you who the Alliance was in chapter 515.
So you don't want Mei to fight two zombies, but you want the 7 characters actually in action (Kakashi Gai Sakura Lee Sai Omoi Kankurou) defeat multiple zombies each ? (Kakashi's division is facing 10 zombies, 15 with the ones Chuukichi is bringing)
Anyways, it would be completely retarded from Kishi to deal with what an organization was without dealing with what it is now even though we know it still exists. It would have made much more sense to not introduce the very dispensable zombie swordsmen, but to introduce the real living thing.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 22:52   Link #79
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Wow. . .
you stated a lot of things as fact that were just your opinion. I'll just pick out 2.
Quote:
They can't teleport, but they will fight in this battle. The probabilty is at least 99%
Refering to sasuke's team-sasuke. I would really like to see suigetsu's swordsmanship, but bee stomped him in terms of raw skill. Also they are looking for the armory where they think the sword is (thou Zabuza already has it for some reason)
Quote:
Remember Chuukichi is fetching Chiyo, and Chiyo is guaranteed to fight Sakura. Which means Hanzou is for Kakashi. The swordsmen are merely the appetizers. The real fight starts later.
Chiyo shouldn't have any puppets if she was rezzed anything like her grandson. So her fighting vs Sakura isn't something that would be much of a show.

Both of these events would be cool, but aren't really that plausible. From simply the standpoint of Kishi not being able to make very complex story, why/how would Sasuke's team participate in a battle that could possibly turn into some kind of crazy 3way verses just them without Sasuke?
Also what is Chiyo going to use to fight Sakrua with?
Old 2010-12-28, 00:13   Link #80
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Quote:
Suigetsu isn't even part of the Mist anymore. He can't be a swordsman. We don't even know if he will be back in action. Kishimoto probably just showed them to explain the sudden appearence of Zabuza's sword. We probably won't see them again for another 50 chapters which is fine by me. We already saw them fight twice. Without Sasuke, there is no reason to see Taka.

And I doubt Kishi will introduce new characters for the Alliance outside of named fodder. It's just too late to introduce the other swordsmen and expect anyone to care about them. There is no time to develop any one. The swordsmen zombies are fine since their only real purpose is to provide punching bags for the heroes. You don't have to develop them. Just give them cool moves like Paku and Gari. They are just plot devices.

I really don't know why he even made Taka in the first place because they really served no point and all they did was take away from valuable screen time that could have been used on the Konoha 11. But aside from my rant there is probably some reason why Juugo and Suigetsu was brought back up. Really I expect them to convert to Narutism and abandon Sasuke like Karin did. I suspect that they will be converted by Naruto after seeing how evil Sasuke is and join the allied forces. Thus them being brought up is the beginning of that

We really don't know if Team Ebisu is even in the war yet though. I agree Moegi and Udon could use some development. As for Hanabi I doubt she will get any screen time. She gets even less than her sister (which is damn near impossible unless you don't exist). She really served as a measuring stick for Hinata and her purpose has been served so I won't hold my breathe to see her again. But it is possible to see the sound four fight team Ebisu.
LadyKikyo91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, weekly chapter thread, weekly spoiler discussion