AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-01-29, 02:25   Link #321
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

If the Earth Alliance in SEED doesn't have any Coordinators to pilot mobile suits, how did they get the Strike Daggers and their other MS to work?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 02:43   Link #322
ssbb210

new OS for naturals
ssbb210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 03:41   Link #323
Joaniedoe

Where did the name Epyon come from?

I have always been wondering where the name Epyon comes from and it's meaning but hadn't found any thing. However a week ago I was reading the Pilgrams progress when I discovered the word "Apollyon." Looked it up in the Bible to disover it's 'the distroyer' in Revelations. Apollyon sounds a little like Epyon with out the 'L's so I was woundering if maybe this is where it came from.

Any one able to confirm or give the real mean ans origin of the word Epyon?
Joaniedoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 08:30   Link #324
solidvanz
Special Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaniedoe View Post
I have always been wondering where the name Epyon comes from and it's meaning but hadn't found any thing. However a week ago I was reading the Pilgrams progress when I discovered the word "Apollyon." Looked it up in the Bible to disover it's 'the distroyer' in Revelations. Apollyon sounds a little like Epyon with out the 'L's so I was woundering if maybe this is where it came from.

Any one able to confirm or give the real mean ans origin of the word Epyon?
According to notes of Gundam Epyon at wikia, the meaning of Epyon can be either Next or The Devil.
Old 2011-12-09, 11:55   Link #325
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

This screencap from the latest PV for Gundam SEED HD Remaster just threw an oddball into the entire equation:

Aile Launcher Sword Strike... looks like they're going to be reanimating a whole lot more than we expected...

(Notes: On second look, that doesn't seem to be the Aile Striker on its back, but a completely new Striker...)

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 12:17   Link #326
casval cehack

That's a Super Strike Gundam lineart.
Old 2011-12-12, 19:19   Link #327
PzIVf3

Something new at the back of the Strike
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 20:10   Link #328
casval cehack

Great find. Extra thrusters and fins perhaps for carrying that bulk.
Old 2011-12-12, 20:40   Link #329
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Let's not get carried away, for all we know, this is just a map-out of the Striker System.

also remember when I speculated that The destiny is actually Kira's optimum MS. I think that if this lineart IS a 'Super Strike', then my theory holds weight, then again, they could give this to Mwu instead.
Old 2011-12-12, 21:08   Link #330
Nvis
Where are the good animes

The bad thing about the Strike is that it can't store its beam rifle like Duel and Aegis.

Why? I don't know. I get pissed off everytime Kira throws it away to use beam saber, especially when there's gravity.

There was an episode on Earth where Kira carefully put it on ArchAngel to bring out beam saber against Duel.
That would be funny if it dropped into the ocean.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-27, 20:28   Link #331
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Cross-posting from the Gundam Models Discussion Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHT View Post
6 arms?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Router25 View Post
Even though the lore says that the Unicorn is the only one capable of withstanding a beam magnum recoil so it has that gimmick , I wanna say that this one is a budget Neo Zeong with legs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Apparently Banagher's Silver Bullet has to switch hands every time it uses the Beam Magnum, so Unicorn is still the only one that can utilize it.

Either way it's stupid. >.>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
This would be a minor spoiler but even Banagher's custom Silver Bullet Suppressor still can't withstand the Magnum's recoil in the movie. That's what the spare arms are for, like RD mentioned in his comment.

That stupid gimmick actually saved lives in the movie though. So...keep at it, Banagher!
I think modifying the Beam Magnum to have a stock with dampers that attaches to the chest may have been a more cost-efficient solution. Something like this:

Old 2019-03-28, 23:22   Link #332
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
I think modifying the Beam Magnum to have a stock with dampers that attaches to the chest may have been a more cost-efficient solution. Something like this:

Uh, maybe they didn't do that because the Magnum shot recoil will wreck the chest as well, especially if fired multiple times? If that is to happen, repairing a wrecked shoulder/chest frame will be a lot more work than repairing elbow joints of a Mobile Suit that was already originally built to have detachable arms in the first place (Silver Bullet was built from Doven Wolf).
Old 2019-04-06, 06:49   Link #333
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Say, the Guntank uses two 180mm cannons, while the Ball uses one 180mm recoiless cannon. Do you think the E.F.F. really think that 180mm was the appropriate caliber for anti-MS artillery?

And talking about weapon, having the Silver Bullet using a Beam Magnum is just overkill. Even the ReZEL's rifle is enough to deal with most MS, and if you really want anti-MA capability, why not use a Mega Beam Launcher or better yet, re-implement the Doven Wolf's abdomen Mega Launcher.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-06, 08:48   Link #334
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
And talking about weapon, having the Silver Bullet using a Beam Magnum is just overkill.
Response taken from another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If you've seen the movie, you'll know that the Magnum is one of few powerful long-ranged compact beam weapons capable of doing what Banagher needed to do at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Even the ReZEL's rifle is enough to deal with most MS, and if you really want anti-MA capability, why not use a Mega Beam Launcher or better yet, re-implement the Doven Wolf's abdomen Mega Launcher.
Banagher needed both firepower and precision at that moment. Long-range precision is something that I think Mega Launchers are not reliable of. Even Char missed all of his shots when he used Mega Bazooka Launcher with Hyaku Shiki. And he was aiming for Dogosse Gier. If Char himself couldn't hit a target as huge as Scirocco's freakin' super-massive bright-pink ship with Mega Bazooka Launcher from afar, nobody can (unless Newtype super-magic is involved). But then Unicorn & Beam Magnum were made.
Old 2019-06-09, 01:34   Link #335
grss1982

Just re-watched Thunderbolt recently and I was just wondering where does the double barreled beam rifle/gun on the right hand of the FA-78 go when it wields a beam saber on that same hand?

IIRC, the beam rifle/gun is not part of the shield.
Old 2019-06-09, 12:16   Link #336
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It purges it, obviously.