Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-02-12, 05:27   Link #8081
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Being a gamer, if he's texting you while playing? HE REALLY FRIGGIN LIKES YOU.

No, seriously. I'd drop my game immediately and talk with my gf if I had the chance, probably just me though XD
Hahaha, let's not jump to immediate conclusions It's quite true that most gaming guys would be too hardcore to pull away though. XD

Oh, and dropping your game to text your girlfriend? Good work, that should be a given; if you can't do that then you shouldn't even be dating.
Old 2011-02-12, 05:50   Link #8082
Knightrunner

He is probably texting in his dead time. I wouldn't even text in the middle of the game unless it is something very important. lol Actually, if I had a girlfriend I can actually talk and play videos in the same time. I can't text and play though unless I'm beat or in break time.

Illusore I think you might get a bigger hint in Valentine's day or maybe the day before.
Old 2011-02-12, 06:16   Link #8083
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
He prolly sees you as a really good friend who'se just fun to talk to more than a love interest. If he's the nice type of guy you seem to imply that he is, I would think that if he had a love interest in you, he would leave CoD to talk to you. At least, that's what I would do if I was talking to someone I had a romantic interest in. I could be wrong, but your best bet is to wait for tmo or Monday when Valentine's day comes, like Knight said.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 09:01   Link #8084
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusore View Post
Well, my first time visiting here ^^;
I've got a question. I've heard that, if a guy texts you while he's playing video games (especially CoD), then he really likes talking to you, or something?
What Dextro said, but also this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Being a gamer, if he's texting you while playing? HE REALLY FRIGGIN LIKES YOU.
Could just be him being nice, liking you as a friend blabla (no need to explain more, you guys did already ). But things like that are actually warning signs I learned to not ignore, since I'm very oblivious to feelings towards me sometimes.
Just in my own experience and that of friends:

With a guy talks with you for hours,
calls and texts while he does something he likes and isn't just bored
or while he's at work and shouldn't text around
- chances are he might like you for your femaleness and not just for being fun to talk to.

But another important factor is: what do you think of him? And what signals do you send him?

And yeah valentine's is a good oppurtunity to gauge the situation

Last edited by zebra; 2011-02-12 at 11:32.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 10:34   Link #8085
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post

That's right, Valentine's Day is next week... I totally forgot about it with everything that's been going on lately.
Old 2011-02-12, 11:59   Link #8086
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

That's right, Valentine's Day is next week... I totally forgot about it with everything that's been going on lately.
Reasonable. Valentine's is only a holiday if you're with someone. Otherwise it's just a day for all the couples of the world to buy overpriced chocolate and rub their happiness in the face of us single people.
Old 2011-02-12, 12:15   Link #8087
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Otherwise it's just a day for all the couples of the world to buy overpriced chocolate and rub their happiness in the face of us single people.
Aka: Singles Awareness Day.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 12:28   Link #8088
Suomi
Kaiba

Quote:
What Dextro said, but also this:

Could just be him being nice, liking you as a friend blabla (no need to explain more, you guys did already ). But things like that are actually warning signs I learned to not ignore, since I'm very oblivious to feelings towards me sometimes.
Just in my own experience and that of friends:

With a guy talks with you for hours,
calls and texts while he does something he likes and isn't just bored
or while he's at work and shouldn't text around
- chances are he might like you for your femaleness and not just for being fun to talk to.

But another important factor is: what do you think of him? And what signals do you send him?

Yeah that's what I thought at first that it was just firendly, but based on the way he's been talking to me in person lately I've started to wonder a little more.
What do I think of him? As a good friend, and maybe a little more. I'm not too sure. And I don't know what signals I send D: I'm not good at gauging that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
I thnking talking for hours in weekends especially at night are huge indicators. How many guy friends would spend talking for hours and hours? Not to many I believe unless your a special friend. Talking for hours shows that you guys can keep up decent conversations if you guys decide to date. Who knows maybe you guys could be considered a couple without even knowing it. It's almost feb the 14th so I'm kind of curious if he is going to get you gifts or not.

If he is an huge gaming fan or he loves CoD a lot or spends so much time in the game to not be a NOOB and he decide to answer text it is also another sign that he holds you in a positive light to even respond.
yeah, we could definitely keep a good conversation. I doubt we'd be considered a couple without knowing it though, cause we don't have any except one class together so there isn't much opportunity for us to be around each other in person, and we haven't gotten together outside of school, but who knows. Valentine's. hmmm. I really can't tell.

he is a huge gaming fan, video games are like...his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I think he just sees you as a really good friend he loves talking to, people tend to hold friends in high esteem, especially when they're having a lot of fun and see each other often. If he has thoughts about starting a relationship, I bet he wouldn't want to risk a friendship over it, so it will probably be just that, unless you suggest otherwise.
As for the CoD texting, he's either really pro and can wipe out a squad while texting, or just texting on his dead time :P
I would agree. and I know nothing about CoD so I'll take your word for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
He is probably texting in his dead time. I wouldn't even text in the middle of the game unless it is something very important. lol Actually, if I had a girlfriend I can actually talk and play videos in the same time. I can't text and play though unless I'm beat or in break time.

Illusore I think you might get a bigger hint in Valentine's day or maybe the day before.
I...wouldn't know.

haha. maybe.
Old 2011-02-12, 12:45   Link #8089
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Quote:
Reasonable. Valentine's is only a holiday if you're with someone. Otherwise it's just a day for all the couples of the world to buy overpriced chocolate and rub their happiness in the face of us single people.
Its the day someone somewhere misses out on getting a selfmade dessert and dinner by me!
I only care about that day if I have special someone, other than that - there are many chocolates in heart shapes on sale once it passes!

Ah well at least I don't get any corny poetry this year. Huzzah, single life!

Quote:
What do I think of him? As a good friend, and maybe a little more. I'm not too sure. And I don't know what signals I send D: I'm not good at gauging that.
Spoiler for reaction:
Well! Are you only writing him back, or are you actively sending him things, too? How long are the texts you send? Do you talk about stuff you don't talk about with everyone? How do you act in front of him? Do you treat him any different than others? Are you always smiling when talking to him? Touching him (like the shoulder or arm) during conversations?

He might be just as unsure what you want from him as you are
My advice is just to wait and see how thing's develop. But be careful to not lead him on unnecessarily. But considering you don't exclude the possibilty of liking him, that doesn't seem likely.
There is no need to hurry, specially if neither of you has clearly shown interest. Just enjoy yourselves like you've been doing the whole time.
Old 2011-02-12, 12:53   Link #8090
Suomi
Kaiba

Quote:

Spoiler for reaction:
YAY! *hugs*

Quote:
well! Are you only writing him back, or are you actively sending him things, too? How long are the texts you send? Do you talk about stuff you don't talk about with everyone? How do you act in front of him? Do you treat him any different than others? Are you always smiling when talking to him? Touching him (like the shoulder or arm) during conversations?
I do both. the text vary in length from a line to several sentences. do I talk about stuff I don't talk about with everyone? not really. Do I treat him any different than others? sort of. He's my only guy friend, so...
am I always smiling? Yes I am! Touching? No, because usually it's when we're both doing something that we end up talking, cause our only class together is orchestra. we pass in the halls sometimes and smile and say hello, and sometimes he says "Hello, [my name]!" or something along those lines even if I just smile and wave.
Quote:
He might be just as unsure what you want from him as you are
My advice is just to wait and see how thing's develop. But be careful to not lead him on unnecessarily. But considering you don't exclude the possibilty of liking him, that doesn't seem likely.
There is no need to hurry, specially if neither of you has explicity shown interest. Just enjoy yourselves like you've been doing the whole time.
probably. And I agree, that's what I plan on doing. Letting things happen as they happen.
Old 2011-02-12, 12:53   Link #8091
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Its the day someone somewhere misses out on getting a selfmade dessert and dinner by me!
I only care about that day if I have special someone, other than that - there are many chocolates in heart shapes on sale once it passes!
Oh, don't let that homemade dessert and dinner go to waste! I'll happily receive such a wonderful gift from you!

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 13:06   Link #8092
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That's not true, in my opinion. The original story of Valentine's Day didn't even involve an actual couple. It IS a great day to do something extra special with your partner, but in reality you shouldn't be waiting for Valentine's Day to give special treatment; that should happen every day.

Oh, and am I trying to justify it because I'm single? N-no, nothing of the sort! *whistles*

Quote:
he is a huge gaming fan, video games are like...his life.
I won't go all "gamer" on you, but from my own experience, that sounds like something veeeeeery positive. All my casual gaming friends don't even take a pause once they start playing, but for somebody who basically lives video games, it's quite a push to do something like keep a text conversation going while playing.
Old 2011-02-12, 14:03   Link #8093
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Computers and cellphones

They can throw quite a wrench in anyones lovelife XD
Old 2011-02-12, 14:06   Link #8094
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightbatŪ View Post
Computers and cellphones

They can throw quite a wrench in anyones lovelife XD
Certainly makes things interesting though when your mom likes to snoop through your text messages.
Old 2011-02-12, 14:15   Link #8095
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Quote:
Certainly makes things interesting though when your mom likes to snoop through your text messages.
o_O That's a total foul!

My mother likes to ask about everything concerning my love life and those of my friends, but she would never snoop around. Privacy is private.
Old 2011-02-12, 14:42   Link #8096
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
But if you are in a very healthy relationship with a significant other, is there an unwritten right for each other to secretly check on text messages and/or email?

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 14:51   Link #8097
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepearl View Post
But if you are in a very healthy relationship with a significant other, is there an unwritten right for each other to secretly check on text messages and/or email?
How can it be 'very healthy' if one doesn't trust the other enough that they feel a need to secretly spy on their conveyances?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 15:26   Link #8098
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Oh, don't let that homemade dessert and dinner go to waste! I'll happily receive such a wonderful gift from you!

Damn you Ascaloth, you beat me to the punch!

On a more serious note can't a guy leave for a bit? You guys have given all the good advice already

Anyway just adding my 2 cents to the "I think he might like you but you should just go on as usual and let things develop on their own for a while" camp. Also another 2 cents to the "Valentines day is just the day people with relationships rub that in the face of people without them" with a side-dish of "Valentines day is the second largest capitalist holiday of modern times"
Old 2011-02-12, 16:35   Link #8099
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Oh I was more pointing to the fact people don't seem to want to meet face to face anymore
Old 2011-02-12, 16:54   Link #8100
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Also another 2 cents to the "Valentines day is just the day people with relationships rub that in the face of people without them" with a side-dish of "Valentines day is the second largest capitalist holiday of modern times"
Adding to that, it's the best topic to bring up to see if someone's interested in you or not! Too bad it falls right in the middle of my exams...but it's not like there are any girls around here anyway.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom