AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-03-01, 11:09   Link #601
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

And that is why I always prefer the original version instead of an adaptation :P . This is especially true on anime adaptation. Probably due to the expensive cost of airing the show, anime adaptation almost always cut a huge amount of information from the original material, and some of them are actually important details of the story.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 13:25   Link #602
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
And that is why I always prefer the original version instead of an adaptation :P . This is especially true on anime adaptation. Probably due to the expensive cost of airing the show, anime adaptation almost always cut a huge amount of information from the original material, and some of them are actually important details of the story.
In fact, I consider that every detail can screw up the show.
Old 2011-03-01, 13:55   Link #603
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

vol 6 wow.
First of all, Tatenashi with PINK underwear?! Does not compute! Someone like her should be wearing black (at least the scan makes it look black). Black is symbolism of maturity...grr. (or at least something blue to match her hair)

Next, making pinky promises with Charlotte is scary. Consider eating a cluster bomb if you break the promise.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 16:56   Link #604
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Next, making pinky promises with Charlotte is scary. Consider eating a cluster bomb if you break the promise.
What would be breaking a promise to go on a honeymoon? Eat an atomic one?

Really has some yandere in her...
Old 2011-03-01, 18:56   Link #605
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post

breaking a marriage = eating a MOAB (mother of all bombs) xD
Old 2011-03-01, 19:42   Link #606
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:

read that one...

and yeah... shes a low level one...

inb4 she goes aggressive despite her nature and even Laura, her BFF and the guy cant say no.
Old 2011-03-01, 20:11   Link #607
Throne Zwei
Londo Bell Taskforce

Quote:
You'd have to be heartless to break a promise with her.
Old 2011-03-01, 20:22   Link #608
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
As for me, it feels almost normal, considering how much was skipped...
That might be fine and all for the other girls but I happen to like Cecilia

Quote:
Aside from expenses, the biggest limitation of an anime is time; you only have so much time to sqeeze together a relatively coherent story.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 22:52   Link #609
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, if they don't care about expenses, they can just add more episodes to the series. But because adding more episode = more expense, they have to cut the content instead of adding the episodes.

Anyway, glad you enjoy my translation. I was hoping for the editor to remove the T/N note first to make it looks..... less crude, but I guess this is okay too as long no one feels bothered by the number of note there.
Old 2011-03-01, 23:01   Link #610
Maverick05

Thanks a lot to everyone in B-T and here for making the chapter`s translation. You really made my night. XD

Really, I don`t mind all the comments and notes. It helps to understand the story and the context.
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 04:46   Link #611
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
vol 6 wow.
First of all, Tatenashi with PINK underwear?! Does not compute! Someone like her should be wearing black (at least the scan makes it look black). Black is symbolism of maturity...grr. (or at least something blue to match her hair)

Uhhh, I could hardly call Tatenashi as mature. She actually is more childish than some of Ichika harem(she likes to tickles people for instance, and don't forget the teasing Ichika has to endure everyday when they were roommate). Chifuyu-nee on the other hand is a real mature woman, and she did wear black..... bikini (what? do you really think the former strongest IS pilot will let other people check the color of her underwear?:P)
Old 2011-03-02, 05:31   Link #612
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Uhhh, I could hardly call Tatenashi as mature. She actually is more childish than some of Ichika harem(she likes to tickles people for instance, and don't forget the teasing Ichika has to endure everyday when they were roommate). Chifuyu-nee on the other hand is a real mature woman, and she did wear black..... bikini (what? do you really think the former strongest IS pilot will let other people check the color of her underwear?:P)
wait... wasnt her beloved (?) younger brother who chose that?
Old 2011-03-02, 08:21   Link #613
blitz1/2

Quote:
I don't think that's childish. . That seems more like Tatenashi is just playful since she knows when to go serious and such.

I wonder if Tatenashi received a lot of training from Chifuyu in order to be the Strongest/(9) (sorry, can't resist. xD)
Old 2011-03-02, 08:50   Link #614
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
wait... wasnt her beloved (?) younger brother who chose that?
Yeah, she chose that because Ichika likes it better than the white one ^_^

Quote:
I don't think that's childish. . That seems more like Tatenashi is just playful since she knows when to go serious and such.

I wonder if Tatenashi received a lot of training from Chifuyu in order to be the Strongest/(9) (sorry, can't resist. xD)
Well, she can't be called mature that for sure :P. She didn't receive any special training, she's just a genius(although the person herself insist that hard work is the reason she has the skill she have instead of natural talent) at piloting IS, and her family is a distinguished one which means her childhood education might have been stricter than most normal child.
Old 2011-03-02, 08:53   Link #615
blitz1/2

Quote:
Yeah, she chose that because Ichika likes it better than the white one ^_^

Well, she can't be called mature that for sure :P. She didn't receive any special training, she's just a genius(although the person herself insist that hard work is the reason she has the skill she have instead of natural talent)

Yes, our hope for a brocon Chifuyu is not vanquished! xD

oh gosh, for some reason, I am reminded of Kore wa zombie's Haruna where she kept proclaiming that she was a "genius". Let's hope Tatenashi is not like that.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-03-02, 11:54   Link #616
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

no no no, Tatenashi never proclaimed herself genius. Like I said, she instead proclaimed that she gets her skill from hard work, but our protagonist doesn't trust her even a bit because she's just that perfect in his eyes(she's pretty, has a nice style, good at sport and study, can cook well, and also has a nice body :P). That's also the reason that Tatenashi is the furthest from being Ichika's harem, cuz Ichika doesn't believe even a bit the perfect Tatenashi can fall for a guy like him.
Old 2011-03-02, 12:09   Link #617
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
no no no, Tatenashi never proclaimed herself genius. Like I said, she instead proclaimed that she gets her skill from hard work, but our protagonist doesn't trust her even a bit because she's just that perfect in his eyes(she's pretty, has a nice style, good at sport and study, can cook well, and also has a nice body :P). That's also the reason that Tatenashi is the furthest from being Ichika's harem, cuz Ichika doesn't believe even a bit the perfect Tatenashi can fall for a guy like him.
But could it be that, instead of Tatenashi falls for Ichika, it's Ichika who falls FOR TATENASHI? It could be very original; being loved by everyone but not the one he loves.
Old 2011-03-02, 12:47   Link #618
blitz1/2

Quote:
But could it be that, instead of Tatenashi falls for Ichika, it's Ichika who falls FOR TATENASHI? It could be very original; being loved by everyone but not the one he loves.
Highly doubt that. Ichika has too much of an inferior complex to do that.

Think of Natsuru and Shizuku in Kampfer. But then again, Natsuru is EVEN MORE dense than Ichika. Natsuru also says that there is no man alive that would be good enough for the student president. Secondly, after every attempt that Shizuku tries to get Natsuru to look at her, always ends up with Natsuru thinking Shizuku is scheming something.

YOu can get some parallels when compared to Tatenashi. Ichika believed that, "well, student president is this PERFECT, STRONG, somewhat MATURE, LEADER, there is no way that she'll look at me." Why Tatenashi may be interested, is the slight confession of trying to convince both herself and Ichika to become the man that she can fall in love with.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-03-02, 22:14   Link #619
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Highly doubt that. Ichika has too much of an inferior complex to do that.

Think of Natsuru and Shizuku in Kampfer. But then again, Natsuru is EVEN MORE dense than Ichika. Natsuru also says that there is no man alive that would be good enough for the student president. Secondly, after every attempt that Shizuku tries to get Natsuru to look at her, always ends up with Natsuru thinking Shizuku is scheming something.

YOu can get some parallels when compared to Tatenashi. Ichika believed that, "well, student president is this PERFECT, STRONG, somewhat MATURE, LEADER, there is no way that she'll look at me." Why Tatenashi may be interested, is the slight confession of trying to convince both herself and Ichika to become the man that she can fall in love with.
but thing is... Natsuru has an eye on 1 girl that he has unrequited love for.
Old 2011-03-05, 11:02   Link #620
Javiersansano

dumb question:

what are the kanjis for Ichika's Reiraku Byakuya?
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen