AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-04-26, 13:52   Link #361
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
Coming from the world getting reset and thus when Homura is making wish again for the first time (and the only time in this new world/system), she could not have possibly met Madoka since she has no corporal existence in this new world and she cannot be creating a new time loop using her wish.

The other possibility of course would be Homura never get reset along with the rest of the world due to her special powers and the fact she survived and witnessed Madoka's wish come into effect. In that case, she would remember Madoka and is already a MG in the new world without making a wish due to her wish being made in the old world.

However, as we see her fighting majyuus in eps 12, her powers are no longer time manipulation (using a bow now) and thus this indicates that she did indeed make a new wish and was granted different powers. IMHO this wish was to find Madoka and meet her again.
This all makes perfect sense if Homura did indeed get reset; my question was, what reason do we have to believe that the Homura we see at the end is not the exact same Homura? Given the fact that if she were indeed reset with the rest of the universe she would not have any knowledge of Witches and Kyubey's original plans, which she evidently does, I see nothing to suggest this Homura is not simply the same Homura, just somehow deprived of her time manipulation (which is a good question to ask).
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 13:53   Link #362
*Osaka*Fan*

I think the easiest way for Homura to be in the new world as a magical girl is if she woke up in the hospital with her soul gem in hand like before. Maybe that's when she started to remember Madoka. Though that may not be true, because Kyubey probably would have mentioned her dubious origins as evidence of her parallel world theory being true.

I guess I just poked a hole in my own thought, Kyubey isn't weirded out by new Homura, so she probably made a contract with him on normal circumstances, the question is: when? Maybe she was saved from a demon by Mami and met Kyubey then, thinking of him as way to find Madoka. Her wish was almost definately Madoka-related, hence the bow.
*Osaka*Fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 14:14   Link #363
Shadow5YA

Or Homura woke up in the new world with her past completely altered and fabricated according to Madoka.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 14:24   Link #364
sa547
*Author

It's possible. Once every possible Witch is removed from the timeline, past history and thus the destiny of mankind (and of the universe) could be altered completely.
Old 2011-04-26, 15:48   Link #365
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Or Homura woke up in the new world with her past completely altered and fabricated according to Madoka.
I agree on this.
Why would she suddenly cry over "Madoka" with a rubban in her hand ?
She was placed in this universe right after Sayaka's sacrifice.

Her past have been altered.

I'm a little more perplex about the epilogue...
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 16:30   Link #366
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Sounds good, although I consider "bad health" an option, too. So much the more that she might have wanted just to protect the world like Madoka would, and the wish was a mere add-on, so she might have used it to cure herself.
But wait, she had done it with her magic alone before. OK, how about "I want a black bow like the girl you little twerp don't remember anyway, and also cool wings, the cooler the better"?
Seriously speaking, she could even wish simply to be a worthy and really strong magical girl, able to protect her friends without relying on berettas and oil trucks. With Madoka's leash on the system, such power will no longer backfire.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 11:30   Link #367
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
Coming from the world getting reset and thus when Homura is making wish again for the first time (and the only time in this new world/system), she could not have possibly met Madoka since she has no corporal existence in this new world and she cannot be creating a new time loop using her wish.

The other possibility of course would be Homura never get reset along with the rest of the world due to her special powers and the fact she survived and witnessed Madoka's wish come into effect. In that case, she would remember Madoka and is already a MG in the new world without making a wish due to her wish being made in the old world.

However, as we see her fighting majyuus in eps 12, her powers are no longer time manipulation (using a bow now) and thus this indicates that she did indeed make a new wish and was granted different powers. IMHO this wish was to find Madoka and meet her again.
I agree with this except for the wish. I'm pretty sure Homura's new wish was the desire she expressed in the sequence before the ending: "to be able to protect the world Madoka tried to save". I think that's a hint at her wish, and also kinda explain why she got Madoka-like powers (ex: the bow), etc.
Old 2011-04-27, 11:51   Link #368
sa547
*Author

Just I thought of something...

Quote:
You saved me once.
Then you died trying to save me again.
So I decided to save you.
But you died each time.
And I tried again. And again.
Only when I thought I could save you before I could die
You went out to save me for last.
Old 2011-04-27, 14:16   Link #369
Snork
Twilight lander

@Kazu-kun: lol, I imagine Kyuubey atm: "the power to save the world WHO wanted to protet? Ah, well, not that I care".
Old 2011-04-27, 14:33   Link #370
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
@Kazu-kun: lol, I imagine Kyuubey atm: "the power to save the world WHO wanted to protet? Ah, well, not that I care".
Well, she could just say "I wish to protect this world" and left the rest unsaid. I don't think the wording is that important anyway, since "this world" already carries the meaning of "the world Madoka tried to protect" anyway.

But think about it. The power of a magical girl is dictated by the burden they shoulder. So, by wishing to be the one to protect the world, she'd basically be claiming ownership for that burden. And in counterbalance to that burden, her power as a magical girl should be off the chart.

And it is, or at least it seems to be....
Old 2011-04-27, 15:50   Link #371
Snork
Twilight lander

Sounds plausible to me. Can't wait to see more of her in action. Oriko Magica, we're STARING at you! Don't you dare being a prequel now!
Old 2011-04-29, 06:48   Link #372
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Chicks with more guns, bombs and modern weapon turned me even more than Mami.
Old 2011-04-29, 07:22   Link #373
Snork
Twilight lander

especially when these chicks are magical girls who aren't supposed to use modern weapons to begin with.
Old 2011-04-29, 07:26   Link #374
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
especially when these chicks are magical girls who aren't supposed to use modern weapons to begin with.
Amen to that bro. When the scene of her blasting witches with M249 SAW, I confessed I was hooting like a crazed cowboy, cheering her on. My kinda girl.
Old 2011-04-29, 07:48   Link #375
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Amen to that bro. When the scene of her blasting witches with M249 SAW, I confessed I was hooting like a crazed cowboy, cheering her on. My kinda girl.
Wait till you see Episode 11. It's Homura at her best.
Old 2011-04-29, 09:03   Link #376
Snork
Twilight lander

Yeah, "More dakka" doesn't even BEGIN to describe it.
Old 2011-04-29, 11:49   Link #377
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

I'm assuming Homura dies at ep12? She's sprouting those witch wings. Once she killed off the enemies, Madoka would kill her afterwards, right?
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 13:57   Link #378
Dysthymeon

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
I'm assuming Homura dies at ep12? She's sprouting those witch wings. Once she killed off the enemies, Madoka would kill her afterwards, right?
No She doesn't die because
1: Homura is too awesome to die
2: All the witches were wiped out by Madoka
3: Madoka is her best friend so no
4: Homura is killing demons so she is doing good
5: The wings are related to the past with all those witches and stuff, prob to do with her remembering Madoka with the ribbons that she wears.
6: And No Homura is way too cool to die
7: She probably just pull out a few million Rpg7s and AT4s anyway
Dysthymeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 14:02   Link #379
Dysthymeon

Quote:
Sounds plausible to me. Can't wait to see more of her in action. Oriko Magica, we're STARING at you! Don't you dare being a prequel now!
Sorry But it is. It is based mainly on Mami and Kyoko before the events of the Anime. It is prob based on how the veterns get on with the job.
Dysthymeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 14:20   Link #380
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysthymeon View Post
No She doesn't die because
1: Homura is too awesome to die
2: All the witches were wiped out by Madoka
3: Madoka is her best friend so no
4: Homura is killing demons so she is doing good
5: The wings are related to the past with all those witches and stuff, prob to do with her remembering Madoka with the ribbons that she wears.
6: And No Homura is way too cool to die
7: She probably just pull out a few million Rpg7s and AT4s anyway
...Eh?

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with whether or not she'd turn into a Witch, really. And for the record, being too awesome to die didn't stop timeline 1 Madoka from getting off'd or stop Mami from getting her head bitten off. Being awesome=/=living.

Not sure if serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysthymeon View Post
Sorry But it is. It is based mainly on Mami and Kyoko before the events of the Anime. It is prob based on how the veterns get on with the job.
Except recent information reveals that Homura is, "reaching for Kaname Madoka, bit by bit," among several other things that make what exactly Oriko will be uncertain. Nonetheless, Oriko being a prequel is no longer guaranteed, or even fully likely.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters