AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-05-12, 11:33   Link #1
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Yume Miru Kusuri

well you can get info from here :

http://www.peachprincess.com/Merchan...tegory_Code=BG

http://www.jlist.com/PRODUCT/P014

I just finish this game and I lost at word -all i could say this is a really really good game (worth your money)-

The story is absolutely briliant and have some depth in it. Actually the story more like a reality in everyday life.

I could say that this is the best h-game english game ever translated -

so anyone play this game ?
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 09:01   Link #2
Bondius
Busting in on girls.. O.O

I played it on all 3 paths and I loved it.
Seeing how nobody created one, I took the liberty of making a simple
Yume Miru Kusuri Walkthrough for all three girls. I know the frustration of
not finding a path so I decided to share my knowledge on this one.

You can download the walkthrough here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/31444588...rough.txt.html

Enjoy and spread it around if you want.
Bondius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 14:45   Link #3
cyth
Banned

I tried ordering it from Peach Princess last year but they, for some unknown reason, rejected my credit card.

I played Nekoko's path.
Spoiler:
Whatever the case, it truly is one of the best commercially translated eroge, with decent stories and voice casting performances. It doesn't have too many or too few ero events; I think in this regard it's a nice compromise for the U.S. eroge market. The editing could have been better though as I've spotted a few spelling/grammar mistakes.

The game fails as an escape from reality, but the catharsis I went through was enough to convince me of the story's effectiveness.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 02:19   Link #4
Jubei_Asaemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
The game fails as an escape from reality,
I think thats a asking a bit much for a Erogame

I spotted this game on Jlist and was interested by the art style and description so I ordered shortly after it was released. I have not played through it much yet (ugh Finals) but so far I am impressed. I did spot a spelling error early on which really annoyed me seeing as this is a commercial release and not fan translation. (Heck I played through all 5 routes of the fan translated version of Wind and did not see any spelling/grammar errors) In any case I hope this is going to be a trend as far as English translated bishoujo games goes, because most of the other games released in the US are from the trashy sexploitation genre which I would rather not even think about. I'll post again with my impressions after I complete a route.
Jubei_Asaemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 14:32   Link #5
ChrisCaboose
Blade Master

I've only played on Mizuki's (best one by far) and Nekoko's paths. I've still to do Aeka's but they both had an effect on me. In a way my life is that of Kouhei's before he talked to any of these girls. In school I may not be smart but I am diligent... most of the time.. my friends are really weird though so I aint like in all aspects. Plus I've got his hair.
ChrisCaboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 14:49   Link #6
Elric Haradra
ahh it's the sasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
well you can get info from here :

http://www.peachprincess.com/Merchan...tegory_Code=BG

http://www.jlist.com/PRODUCT/P014

I just finish this game and I lost at word -all i could say this is a really really good game (worth your money)-

The story is absolutely briliant and have some depth in it. Actually the story more like a reality in everyday life.

I could say that this is the best h-game english game ever translated -

so anyone play this game ?
I bought it, but never had any time yet to play it. Why am i on this forum when i could be playing it, i'll never know.
Elric Haradra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 21:12   Link #7
sumowow

Ive bought it. Played it. Beat it with all girls, got all scenarios and im still playing it. Its really that fun. It is so well made you actually get a feel for what the characters are going through. All of the paths have an amazing emotional effect on the player, the music is great and the art is stunning. There is no H-game quite like this. Anyone who hasn't tried it, i assure you you will get your money's worth with this one.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 14:10   Link #8
MrBiggens

this is one of my fav 3 games... all of the scenarios give a different look on life in general, not just school. It never ceases to amaze me that these japanese scenario creaters are like never short on material that is just utterly... amazing. I highly reccommend this game to anybody who hasn't played it.
MrBiggens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 06:57   Link #9
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Just finished it.
Amazing game, especially how it touches subjects not commonly seen in ero-games. Unique game with absolutely no fantasy mixed in; stories that are somewhat possible in real life.
However the game is short, it has a bit too much ero scenes.
And darn, main protagonist is such a bustard to his sister. Addition of her route would make this game absolute win.
Also, I found Mizuki’s path entirely boring, it was so painfully plain…
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 16:45   Link #10
~ Lawliet ~

I completed all three paths with good end and enjoyed every bit of it.
~ Lawliet ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 15:24   Link #11
Sora_Nobodie

I'm playing it and it's really cool! The story is really involving and Kyoka really annoys me! I love Aeka!
Sora_Nobodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 00:40   Link #12
arcueidian

I've never finished any of the three endings ...so is there a route for Nanjou Kyoka? ..or there really are only 3 endings? ..and is there a way to get to Aya and Hirofumi's path?? thanks~ |3

Last edited by arcueidian; 2008-06-18 at 04:33.
arcueidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 09:45   Link #13
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcueidian View Post
so is there a route for Nanjou Kyoka?
NO. She doesnt deserve a path.
Play Aeka Shiraki route and you will understand why.

Quote:
or there really are only 3 endings?
Yes.

Quote:
and is there a way to get to Aya and Hirofumi's path??
No.
Aya path would be great but... Hirofumi? What the... >_>
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 19:40   Link #14
FireBorn

It was pretty decent, I thought. The stories were kind of plain, but the overall mood of the game was both good and consistent. I wouldn't say it's one of my favorites, but it's worth a play-through.

Last edited by FireBorn; 2008-06-18 at 20:01.
FireBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 21:01   Link #15
arcueidian

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
NO. She doesnt deserve a path.
Play Aeka Shiraki route and you will understand why.
I see I see...

Quote:
Yes.
ok thanks~

Quote:
No.
Aya path would be great
ahhhk thanks again ^^-

Quote:
but... Hirofumi? What the... >_>
lol not like a path that would lead you guys together.. like sunohara and the old teacher's path in Clannad... like side stories... |3

btw, it's a nice game but nothing beats Crescendo ^^- ..or maybe Ever 17?|3

Last edited by arcueidian; 2008-06-19 at 01:46.
arcueidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 00:42   Link #16
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I just finished Aeka's route in Yume Miru Kusuri. It basically was in full control of my emotions throughout. This is truly the first time that I've ever felt so much horror and rage when playing a video game, let alone a visual novel.

Spoiler for Aeka route, big rant:

I'll go for Mizuki and Nekoko soon. I doubt they'll give me nearly as much to talk about as Aeka's route, but I'll find out.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 03:24   Link #17
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I think bullying is quite widespread in Japan. I don't know if they were THIS hard, though I wouldn't be surprised if they actually were (no smoke without fire?). Japanese students suffer a lot more stress than American imo, because of their curriculum. So it is only "normal" for them to seek some kind of stress relief. Btw on the subject of bully and Japanese high school, you might want to check on the manga Onani Master Kurosawa. Don't be deceived by the title. That manga was a serious business.

For me, the other two routes didn't have as much impact.....OK, scratch that. Mizuki's was simply awesome
Old 2011-06-07, 05:21   Link #18
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
*snip*
Don't worry, no bullying is that bad. Someone would call the police eventually if it was.

This is actually why I hate Aeka's route, it's completely ridiculous, especially that scene where they destroyed the equivalent of two hundred dollars. No one destroys that much money, that would be stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Btw on the subject of bully and Japanese high school, you might want to check on the manga Onani Master Kurosawa.
The bullying in that is, for the most part, the 'hands-off' type more typical of Japanese people. Very different from the stuff in Aeka's route.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 09:37   Link #19
Elvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Don't worry, no bullying is that bad. Someone would call the police eventually if it was.
That's a bit optimistic. I doubt the kids who've killed themselves because of bullying had it any better than her. I doubt anyone'd call the police, party because of the bystander effect and partly because they'd be worried about their own skin.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 16:51   Link #20
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
That's a bit optimistic. I doubt the kids who've killed themselves because of bullying had it any better than her. I doubt anyone'd call the police, party because of the bystander effect and partly because they'd be worried about their own skin.
Pretty much this. This is actually a lot more "normal" human reaction in presented situations. It takes a lot of courage to do "the right thing" and not everyone is that brave, especially not that young. "It doesn't have anything to do with me so I can pretend it doesn't happen". And this is true not just in bullying, but a lot more things in life. It's part of why I became misanthropic somewhat. The more you learn about humans, the more you will be disgusted how inhumane we can become.