AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-06-27, 03:47   Link #3141
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyardan View Post
I have finally caught up to you guys. Only a few days ago I discovered that FT exists, and I have now read this entire thread from the beginning to its present point. Here's hoping to acceptance in this discussion.
Welcome to the discussion and AS.

Pretty much the only way you wouldn't be accepted is if you deliberately troll everyone.

Quote:
(I work in politics).
That makes two of us.

Quote:
Now, so I don't make a completely off-topic post: I don't think it's likely they'll pull a Heero/Relena are related stunt. The shipper in me couldn't handle it.
This one we'll have to just wait and see where FT is going with it. If they are in fact related... then we just ignore it.

Quote:
But this thing with twin separation in Sanc bothers me. Perhaps I'm a bit confused from the information overload catching up on the thread, but is it possible Relena has a twin who we conveniently never saw because she was sent elsewhere? Or was it confirmed that physically Charlena is in fact the same Relena we all know and love?
Anything's possible at this point, really.
Old 2011-06-27, 04:06   Link #3142
Leave The Pieces

Yes, at present, at least, we only have ONE Relena. And she's not crazy at all, you know, unlike Euphemia after getting "brainwashed".

Wow this post was so hard to find:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
...two posts had me confused and thinking:

So, this is what I thought was happening:

Heero and Relena got frozen. We don't know why. We also don't know if they were frozen at the same time. Or if their capsules were together.

Heero got defrosted. But he went nuts, so he had to be refrozen.
Relena also got defrosted. But she wasn't herself either so she had to be refrozen too.

We don't know why they were defrosted. Or if they were defrosted together, or at the same time.

Relena got defrosted again. She's still screwed.

Then Heero got defrosted again too, to hunt her down. His second defrosting was a success.

But those two posts made me think these are also the cases:

Heero and Relena were frozen. We don't know crap about it, yadda yadda.

Frozen only once.

Relena got defrosted first. Then ran amok. Because her defrosting was screwed.

Heero got defrosted too. But his was a success.

OR:

Both were frozen, we don't know yadda, yadda...

Heero was defrosted, went nuts, got refrozen.

Relena was defrosted, went nuts ever since. And she's on the loose.

Heero was redefrosted, boom it was a success. Now off to kill Relena.

Man I'm confused. So which one of the three is it?
I believe I have read every single post in this thread but it's been ages since the quoted post above was, umm, answered...? Well, has it been answered...? Do we know which case it is now? Has it been cleared? Is it scenario 1?

Obviously, we now know that Relena isn't nuts at all, but do we know what happened to her and Heero that they had to be frozen and defrosted, blah?

EDIT: I think I read a few posts confirming it's scenario 1? Not sure, though.
Leave The Pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 04:12   Link #3143
Kitsoru
:3c

Welcome to the discussion, Kyardan!

Duo confirmed (at least as far as HE knows) that Relena is definitely Relena. As for sekrit twinz.. I think it's unlikely but then again, it's Sumisawa... Japan seems to have a thing about twins being taboo/needing to be separated in a few different cases I can think of, I wonder does anyone know if Japanese (traditional) culture has this taboo present, and that's why it shows up in anime/games with this plot point?

And nnnnnnnope. We still dunno anything about that vaguely-mentioned other time that Heero was defrosted and 'turned to the enemy's side', or whatever the phrasing was. Though now I also don't recall if they said that Relena was also definitely defrosted another time before this...

I think the new issue ought to be ought in Japan by now, huh? Anyone caught wind of illustration scans, yet?

EDIT: Answered my own question! Muso blog is in the process of posting scans, I guess. Also, I figure it's probably been posted on another thread already, but the Master Grade Heavyarms and Sandrock model photos are out:
http://album.blog.yam.com/show.php?a...=19630002&p=17

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2011-06-27 at 04:24.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 04:21   Link #3144
Leave The Pieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
And nnnnnnnope. We still dunno anything about that vaguely-mentioned other time that Heero was defrosted and 'turned to the enemy's side', or whatever the phrasing was. Though now I also don't recall if they said that Relena was also definitely defrosted another time before this...
I see. Well, that's a relief. I thought I missed out. I hope Sumizawa eventually clears this up. I keep having this feeling that he'll leave it at that.

EDIT: I know we're only getting summaries so I gotta ask, Deacon Blues, has there been no mention at all regarding this freezing/defrosting issue in the latest chapters?
Leave The Pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 04:59   Link #3145
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leave The Pieces View Post
I keep having this feeling that he'll leave it at that.
Yeeeeah... I kinda do too. It's like he's tossing all these tiny little plotthreads all over the place and adding more on top without resolving others first, like a 50 plot pileup.
Old 2011-06-27, 21:18   Link #3146
allison13

Quote:
It's like he's tossing all these tiny little plotthreads all over the place and adding more on top without resolving others first, like a 50 plot pileup.
Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. He must be planning on dragging this thing out several years, at least
allison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 21:35   Link #3147
Kyardan

Send a message via MSN to Kyardan
Quote:
Originally Posted by allison13 View Post
Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. He must be planning on dragging this thing out several years, at least
I'm giving that a "yay" so long as Heero and Relena aren't related. Seriously, that would break it for me.

But he did say this is transitional and will create a "complete" AC, so I anticipate spin-offs.
Old 2011-06-27, 21:46   Link #3148
Kitsoru

Quote:
But he did say this is transitional and will create a "complete" AC, so I anticipate spin-offs.
Mm, I keep recalling that and wondering if that means he'll purposely leave some things unresolved in order to open things up to another animated work, as he said... Problem being that if Sunrise decided not to pick up another animated AC/MC work, we're screwed.
Old 2011-06-27, 22:42   Link #3149
allison13

Quote:
Mm, I keep recalling that and wondering if that means he'll purposely leave some things unresolved in order to open things up to another animated work, as he said... Problem being that if Sunrise decided not to pick up another animated AC/MC work, we're screwed.
Well hopefully he's taken that in to consideration. Maybe if they don't do any more animated works for AC, they'll continue with the novel/manga stuff.
allison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 23:32   Link #3150
Kitsoru

http://pixiv.cc/usabiba/archives/2843772.html

REI has a chapter summary up. I don't see anything particularly new but if anyone fluent can translate there might be some kind of further clarification somewhere.
Old 2011-06-28, 00:38   Link #3151
Kyardan

Quote:
http://pixiv.cc/usabiba/archives/2843772.html

REI has a chapter summary up. I don't see anything particularly new but if anyone fluent can translate there might be some kind of further clarification somewhere.
Oh, man--there's so much kanji. Guess this is as good of time as any to start learning properly? Don't hate me if I am really slow/don't finish it.

I'll just update this post with what I have and leave a (to be continued...) if I'm still adding stuff. Please note that I'm also starting toward the end because the beginning looked like it wasn't about the chapter--though there were some bits about Naina/Hilde. I decided to skip those for now because it's late, and I saw some stuff about Katerina and Heero. XD

Edit: So it sounds like they start by comparing the two twins Katerina and Sabrina. Sabrina is noted as a...princess of the deep (深層の姫君--even my Japanese---->English dictionary has given me this)? I'm going to assume that means she's a proper lady because she goes on to say that Katerina is a tomboy.

The setting seems to be this unlikely pair with Heero as a tutor. Then REI (?) makes the interjection "What is this: romance?" I'm not entirely sure if she's referring to the set-up as being of the romance-genre since it's in katakana. Any input on that would be appreciated.

Heero and Katerina begin an interesting conversation.

Katerina seems to be rather aggressive toward Heero and says something to the effect of "I totally don't understand what you say."

REI says there's an illustration of Heero making this face: ( ゚д゚)

REI remarks that Katerina seems to be similar to Relena as she was in the beginning of the series.

Last edited by Kyardan; 2011-06-28 at 02:07.
Kyardan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 01:38   Link #3152
Kitsoru

For those who were wondering about Fujisan's prices in the wake of yen to dollar readjustment (I feel like someone asked this? idk XD), it seems that my Gundam Ace per-issue price has just been raised by 60 cents...
Old 2011-06-28, 02:16   Link #3153
Kyardan

Quote:
Edit: So it sounds like they start by comparing the two twins Katerina and Sabrina. Sabrina is noted as a...princess of the deep (深層の姫君--even my Japanese---->English dictionary has given me this)? I'm going to assume that means she's a proper lady because she goes on to say that Katerina is a tomboy.

The setting seems to be this unlikely pair with Heero as a tutor. Then REI (?) makes the interjection "What is this: romance?" I'm not entirely sure if she's referring to the set-up as being of the romance-genre since it's in katakana. Any input on that would be appreciated.

Heero and Katerina begin an interesting conversation.

Katerina seems to be rather aggressive toward Heero and says something to the effect of "I totally don't understand what you say." (maybe disagree? I don't know enough to determine whether it's interchangeable)

REI remarks that Katerina seems to be similar to Relena as she was in the beginning of the series and seems to like this Heero.
I'll just quote what I've found for easy access. Please do not take this as FT gospel. It seems that there's some mention of Dr. J and the original Heero meeting, but I seem to be having trouble with it. I apologize for giving into exhaustion and my poor grasp of Japanese.

Again, this could very well be misinformation, but I hope that as the novel continues, I'll be able to strengthen my grasp of Japanese for these attempts at blog translations. If you'd rather I didn't try, please let me know, and I'll just wait patiently for a proper translation. Though this is a group effort, and any criticism or any sort of collaboration from someone with a basic knowledge of Japanese would be appreciated.

*Wu Fei voice* I'm just too weak.
Old 2011-06-28, 03:04   Link #3154
Kitsoru

Quote:
I can't wait to see this

Anyway, you're fine! The J and Heero meeting thing seems to be true in any case, as Deacon mentioned that as well.
Old 2011-06-28, 09:35   Link #3155
mirei

Talking

Hello ^_^

I'm a new member, but definitely not a new GW fan. I've been stalking this thread for the past months ever since I learned of Frozen teardrop.

Thanks to this forum, I get raw scans *___*

And here I come bearing with spoilers.

WARNING: Spoiler, 'nuff said.

This is from the latest scan shared by peacecraft, FT July 2011

Spoiler for a bit of translation from p. 317:

I'm still reading the previous pages, but hopefully, I will be able to translate this whole chapter though that will definitely take a loooong time...damn work

And if anyone will be interested as well, I'm planning to translate EW: Glory of the Losers, which is easier compared to the wordy novel.

宜しく and wish me luck

Last edited by mirei; 2011-06-28 at 13:01.
mirei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 10:25   Link #3156
Karla

Hello everyone I'm another new member to this forum, just registered coz of this thread with FT discussion XD

I'm not good at Japanese, thanks a lot for the juicy information here The story is getting interesting recently because of the Peacecraft family hehe...

It seems that no one posted the design of the capsule Relena sleeping yet, so here it is...

Spoiler for Star Prince Capsule:

And the illustraion with Katerina and the 19 years old Heero Yuy
Spoiler for Katerina & Heero Yuy:

... Also an unfinished FT fanart I created
Spoiler for The Peacecraft Family :P:

Enjoy!

Last edited by Karla; 2011-06-28 at 10:44.
Karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 10:42   Link #3157
mirei

^ Oh, rose. Oh, the resemblance

Thanks for sharing ^_^
I'm still absorbed with the previous chapter, but hopefully, someone will share that chapter soon, as well.
mirei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 11:13   Link #3158
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Welcome mirei and Karla.
Old 2011-06-28, 11:42   Link #3159
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirei View Post
And if anyone will be interested as well, I'm planning to translate EW: Glory of the Losers, which is easier compared to the wordy novel.

宜しく and wish me luck
No need to, I've already got this covered. I'm just waiting for my hard copy of Volume 1 to arrive before I put it out =)
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 12:59   Link #3160
Kitsoru

Thank you for the spoilers and pics, mirei+Karla!

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing