AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-22, 01:44   Link #41
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

There should also be a new Arson DLC case releasing today: Nicholson Electroplating. (Now available in NA and EU).
The price of the L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass has now been bumped up to US$11.99 PSN and 960MSP. (Includes all pre-order bonuses, this new Arson case and an upcoming Vice case (Reefer Madness)).

Last edited by blaze0041; 2011-06-22 at 18:58.
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 18:37   Link #42
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Now that's cool.

These are games that can give profit because of the gameplay and DLC. More crimes to solve and goodies for the game.

Makes me wonder probably the next game would be in modern times. Gloves, helicopter cases, forensic everything....

That would be awesome.
Old 2011-06-30, 02:36   Link #43
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Famitsu gave its verdict: 10/10/10/9

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 03:07   Link #44
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Having just finished the final case, the ending left a lot to be desired... but I quite enjoyed the ride, now trying to complete the game 100%... *shudder*
Old 2011-07-05, 05:39   Link #45
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Bad News everyone.

Report: LA Noire Was Development Hell, Rockstar No Longer Working With Team Bondi
Old 2011-07-05, 10:37   Link #46
Rive
Game Start

Send a message via MSN to Rive
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
The emails mentioned in the article can be found here with no registration required. Pretty interesting stuff, for example:

Quote:
"Junior Grad Artists and Junior Level Designers were on $32k-35k, including super. These guys were working at least 70 hours a week, which is about $9 an hour. I often see comments on these articles saying that 'it's a labour of love' or that others would kill for the job, but with everything else going on at Team Bondi it's a whole other problem. With Sydney's cost of living, it's not easy to live off that either."
Quote:
Source: "We barely had any animators for such a long time, it was crazy. People have mentioned how the open world in L.A. Noire is wasted because the world is so boring. The reason was because no animators wanted to work at Team Bondi. There was no Lead Animator from January 2008 until the end of the game, and for large parts of production we only had one animator working on gameplay animations (any others were doing cinematic animations). This meant that there was no way to add life to the world. It's a perfect example of why staff retention is important, was ignored by the leads at Team Bondi, and the game suffered for it."
It's amazing the game was as good as it was even with issues like that hindering the development. Wonder what'll happen to Team Bondi now.
Old 2011-07-05, 11:48   Link #47
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rive View Post
Wonder what'll happen to Team Bondi now.
Hopefully they will shut down, reading of such horrible working conditions is just gruesome.
Old 2011-07-05, 22:09   Link #48
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Poor guys. Man I liked the game...
Too bad now we're not getting another.
Old 2011-07-06, 03:14   Link #49
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Fun game, Phelps interrogating always cracks me up, the things people say...just wow While searching for clues started out as fun too, it started getting REALLY frustrating when there's 11 clues on a case and half of them are on the roof of a building that's a block away from the crime scene. How the fuck did the murderer have sooo much time in his hands that he killed the woman, dragged her around doing his thing, climbed the emergency staircase, planted a letter at the pidgeon coop, a key by a water valve, a ring on a string and a purse on the roof of the next building!?
It wouldn't bother me so much if it didn't affect interrogations to such a degree, sometimes I just know the bastard's done it but I got no proof to back it up.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 00:03   Link #50
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
It's what they call the killer's trademark. It's like a game to him.

Just follow the long blood trail. O_o;

Spoiler for homicide:
Old 2011-07-07, 00:16   Link #51
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
It wouldn't bother me so much if it didn't affect interrogations to such a degree, sometimes I just know the bastard's done it but I got no proof to back it up.
Especially when that guy tried to be a wise-ass about it

Now you know how those guys from CSI and Law & Order feels
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 19:56   Link #52
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Trailer for the next DLC case, Reefer Madness (Vice):

In other news, the official soundtrack is now available in a CD, previously only available for digital download. (Rockstar Games Newswire)

Last edited by blaze0041; 2011-07-08 at 20:15.
Old 2012-06-16, 02:09   Link #53
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
DRM Rant:
I got myself a copy of L.A Noire couple days ago through Steam. The download, installation, and everything went well until I met the "Forever Synchronizing" error. While I thought the error could surely be fixed through searching about it on Google/Steam forum, the problem did not resolve even after couple hours. Although my efforts were fruitless, the search alludes me to the source of the problem: Social Club/DRM from Rockstar. In addition, many customers who experienced similar error responded that it could easily be fixed through cracking the software, which I did not attempt to do. It is clear that piracy provides just a much more superior service. Thus, I feel like this experience has serve as punishment and warning for those who obtain their software legitimately. I still have not gotten a chance to play this game 5 days after purchase because I do not want to risk installing malware/virus along with the crack. Lord, I hate Rockstar.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2012-06-16 at 02:31.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 02:31   Link #54
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
I got myself a copy of L.A Noire couple days ago through Steam. The download, install, and everything went well until I met the "Forever Synchronizing" error. While I thought the error could surely be fixed through searching about it on Google/Steam forum, the problem did not resolve even after couple hours. Although my efforts were fruitless, the search alludes me to the source of the problem: Social Club/DRM from Rockstar. In addition, many customers who experienced similar error responded that it could easily be fixed through cracking the software, which I did not attempt to do. It is clear that piracy provides just a much more superior service. Thus, I feel like this experience has serve as punishment and warning for those who obtain their software legitimately. I still have not got a chance to play this game after 5 days of purchase because I do not want to risk installing malware/virus along with the crack.
I ran into this after I ran Max Payne 3 for the first time. Seems the Rockstar Social Club (RSC) in-game overlay wasn't designed too well, especially in comparison to GFWL, which Rockstar previously used in the PC version of GTAIV. Try pressing the "Home" key on your keyboard when RSC prompts you and when "Synchronizing" appears. (See screenshot below for an example)

It's quite silly really, that GFWL might actually be more user-friendly than the current RSC overlay- running a GFWL game for the first time will automatically prompt you to enter your CD key and/or sign-in. Whereas in my previous experience with L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3, you actually have to press the "Home" key when RSC prompts you to permanently link your game to a Social Club account (I haven't run into the issue since the completion of the initial linking process and using "Auto sign-in").

The game should work fine at subsequent launches once you get this sorted, and it shouldn't happen again. You might run into this issue again if you install the game on another computer though, but I'm not sure of that.

N.B. I received a PC version of L.A. Noire thanks to pre-ordering Max Payne 3 via Steam. I've downloaded L.A. Noire, created a Steam backup of it, and ran it once. I don't think I'll play the PC version of L.A. Noire since I already Platnium'd the game on my PS3. I'm also not sure if this is the exact "solution" to the forever "synchronising" (L.A. Noire)/"Initialising" (Max Payne 3) issues that people have been having, but if it is, then Rockstar really need to look at the user-friendliness of the RSC overlay.

Last edited by blaze0041; 2012-06-16 at 02:43.
Old 2012-06-25, 14:36   Link #55
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
I ran into this after I ran Max Payne 3 for the first time. Seems the Rockstar Social Club (RSC) in-game overlay wasn't designed too well, especially in comparison to GFWL, which Rockstar previously used in the PC version of GTAIV. Try pressing the "Home" key on your keyboard when RSC prompts you and when "Synchronizing" appears. (See screenshot below for an example)

It's quite silly really, that GFWL might actually be more user-friendly than the current RSC overlay- running a GFWL game for the first time will automatically prompt you to enter your CD key and/or sign-in. Whereas in my previous experience with L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3, you actually have to press the "Home" key when RSC prompts you to permanently link your game to a Social Club account (I haven't run into the issue since the completion of the initial linking process and using "Auto sign-in").

The game should work fine at subsequent launches once you get this sorted, and it shouldn't happen again. You might run into this issue again if you install the game on another computer though, but I'm not sure of that.

N.B. I received a PC version of L.A. Noire thanks to pre-ordering Max Payne 3 via Steam. I've downloaded L.A. Noire, created a Steam backup of it, and ran it once. I don't think I'll play the PC version of L.A. Noire since I already Platnium'd the game on my PS3. I'm also not sure if this is the exact "solution" to the forever "synchronising" (L.A. Noire)/"Initialising" (Max Payne 3) issues that people have been having, but if it is, then Rockstar really need to look at the user-friendliness of the RSC overlay.
Thanks but there wasn't anything prompting me to press Home. When I pressed Home on the synchronizing screen, nothing occurred. Still hopeless. Sorry for the late reply. Rep+ Thanks!
Old 2012-06-25, 17:36   Link #56
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
Thanks but there wasn't anything prompting me to press Home. When I pressed Home on the synchronizing screen, nothing occurred. Still hopeless. Sorry for the late reply. Rep+ Thanks!
Aside from the stuff listed in here...
http://support.rockstargames.com/ent...a-noire-for-pc
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2227964
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...php?p=26627103
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2263568

You don't have Max Payne 3, right?
Can you check something for me, since it seems that the copy of the Rockstar Games Social Club application included with L.A. Noire is now outdated, and it seems to me your copy doesn't seem to prompt you to update it?
If you're running Windows Vista or 7, go to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features", and find "Rockstar Games Social Club". Check the product version, it should be 1.0.9.5. If the RGSC installed on your computer is older than this, or isn't even there, I can send you a link so you can get the updated executables.