AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-13, 21:24   Link #201
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

More Idolmaster promotion.

200 Invited to The Idolm@ster Actresses' Secret Party
Old 2011-07-13, 21:47   Link #202
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
When I read the title, I expected an articles in some tabloid (other than ANN) about some orgy with VAs and investor bankers but that would be too close to real life for comfort
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 22:08   Link #203
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
You really shouldn't try to argue with me here, I can tell you haven't played the games.
You'd be wrong. I've played the arcade version and SP. And I have watched some playthroughs of IM@S2.

Quote:
"story is completely different to what's there until now"
Which is true. He is saying that to differentiate it as not another rehash like SP was. This is a new progression, a new storyline. Same characters you have come to know and love.

"The same as it's been up until now, with some slight differences, and with the girls grown up a bit more."

"IM@S2 is a continuation (but for newcomers etc. etc.)"

Quote:
Again not true, since the endings in SP are exactly the same as those in 360 for each character
Which is why I said SP and the original Idolm@ster collapsed into one, I'm not wrong there.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 01:36   Link #204
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I'm only watching this for Yayoi.

Fucking adorable little scamp.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 02:55   Link #205
Westlo
Lets be reality

For the exp fans.. Without going into spoilers, what do you think the chances of "honey!" happening? Assuming this is a mix of 1, 2 and new stuff.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 04:28   Link #206
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I'm only watching this for Yayoi.

Fucking adorable little scamp.
- Admit it. You like the DFC effect and potentials of Hi-Touch.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 05:17   Link #207
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
You'd be wrong. I've played the arcade version and SP. And I have watched some playthroughs of IM@S2.
So you've never played 2, which means that my observation of your claims showing you haven't played the game is correct, which also means you aren't qualified to claim that 2 is a continuation of SP since you've never actually played it.

Quote:
"IM@S2 is a continuation (but for newcomers etc. etc.)"
What the reviewer said exactly in full was "While IMAS2 is said to be continuation, having never played the first game will have no effect of understanding the story." (『アイマス2』はいわゆる続編ではあるが、1作目をプレイしていなくてもストーリーの理解度にはとくに影 響しないだろう。) Nice little quote mining there.

Also both Japanese wiki and nico wiki had specifically quote that the July 22nd issue of famitsu with producer Ishihara with this quote:

これまで続いて来た『アイマス』世界との繋がりは無く、あくまでもパラレルワールドなんですよ 。

"There is no link to the IMAS world up till now, in another words it's a parallel world."

(funny little piece of fact to explain Hibiki's chest size reduction from SP's 86cm to 83cm - it's different because they aren't the same Hibiki!)

So IMAS2 only shares the characters but has no story relations to 1 or SP - it is not a continuation. Case completely shut, no more arguments necessary.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 10:48   Link #208
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
I don't like 'DFC' anything, I just like the fan art of her and know a little of her story.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 11:25   Link #209
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
So you've never played 2, which means that my observation of your claims showing you haven't played the game is correct
No, you said I never played the games, which is wrong. And I think I can work my way through 2 enough without actually playing it. The magic of online streaming playthroughs!

Quote:
What the reviewer said exactly in full was "While IMAS2 is said to be continuation, having never played the first game will have no effect of understanding the story.
Exactly, that was just a little throwback for newcomers in case they were afraid that not playing the previous games will have an impact on their enjoyment of IM@S2 (with the implication that if you did play the previous games, you'll have a better understanding.) This is typical in the gaming industry. See Mass Effect 1/2, Fallout 3, Final Fantasy, etc.

Quote:
[...]specifically quote that the July 22nd issue of famitsu with producer Ishihara with this quote:

これまで続いて来た『アイマス』世界との繋がりは無く、あくまでもパラレルワールドなんですよ 。
You forgot the next line:

"“もしもプロデューサーの765プロ入社が1年遅かったら?”という"

"What if the producer of 765 Pro joined a year later"

Which is fine, and says nothing about the continuity. Like I said, the games are linked in that the all of the idols' past history are the same, with the exception that the producer you would have been a year ago is not the same as it is now... you in fact join a year later. You have not yet provided proof that IM@S2 is specifically a completely different shape apart from the previous games. And it only makes sense that they're linked to explain the backstory of each idol's presence in IM@S2. The only difference being the Producer in the past was not in existence at the time, only the progress that each idol made.

Quote:
(funny little piece of fact to explain Hibiki's chest size reduction from SP's 86cm to 83cm - it's different because they aren't the same Hibiki!)
Maybe she was measured on her "day" in the past, when her breasts were swelled and now she was measured in her actual size. There are plenty of reasons to explain the discrepancy.

Quote:
Case completely shut, no more arguments necessary.
Not really, but as this is the IDOLM@STER anime thread, and not the game thread, I have no wish to carry on this argument in here for too long. But suffice to say, you should probably consider personally why you think it is not a continuation with your own understanding of the series, as you claim to have played all the games, instead of relying on misconstrued quotes and the weak assertion of other internet citizens. Once you start trying to fit the pieces together, it only makes sense that at the very least, there is a loose correlation between all the series.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 11:40   Link #210
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice intro for all the girls. Still don't know who my favorite is. Nice job the cameraman was the new producer. I like how we were seeing it through his eyes. Took me a while to figure out it was a cameraman filming them.
Old 2011-07-14, 12:46   Link #211
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for iDOLM@STER GLOSSIA 02 - A Picture's Worth 1,000 Words, But How Big is the .txt File?:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 14:11   Link #212
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
I rather like Yayoi but I don't really like DFC

It's just that every other part of her is so bubbly and adorable.

Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 14:26   Link #213
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

DFC?

and omfg, that gif. It just makes me wanna "THE WORLD IS ALL ONE~" all day.

And I just noticed her shirt..what the fuck is that hamburger, it looks like a bear hhnnnnggggg x3
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 16:10   Link #214
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I rather like Yayoi but I don't really like DFC

It's just that every other part of her is so bubbly and adorable.
Her うっうー thing is pretty catchy.

Like Midonin said, this week the focus is on the loli group, which is not necessarily a bad thing. One thing interesting is that

Spoiler for episode 2:

I know Miki's supposed to be one of the characters with stronger base stats in the game, but damn that carries well into the anime since her presence is just naturally awesome.

OP for people waiting for sub.

Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 16:22   Link #215
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

You're a fucking winner, you know that, stuopidget? Thanks for the vid.

Only had to listen to that OP for 5 seconds and auto. loved it. I'll resist temptation and wait for a less choppy version lol.
Old 2011-07-14, 17:15   Link #216
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
DFC?
"Delicious" Flat chest.

Mind you, I can't personally figure what the specific appeal of that's supposed to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
and omfg, that gif. It just makes me wanna "THE WORLD IS ALL ONE~" all day.

And I just noticed her shirt..what the fuck is that hamburger, it looks like a bear hhnnnnggggg x3
It is a bear burger. Or a bear that has removed the buns off a hamburger and is holding them in it's mouth.

Also. Dat OP is rather fucking amazing. I'm rather violently awaiting the subs for episode 2. I'm going to gif the fuck out of that opening.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 17:32   Link #217
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I'm gonna DL the shit out of that OP and play the hell out of it on my tv.

SO READY!!!
Old 2011-07-14, 19:01   Link #218
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Whoever whine about dancing in this OP because we know it WILL happen... Huuurr duuuuur it's an anime about idols!
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 19:04   Link #219
Midonin
Last Engage

I was mentioning the animation of the dancing. If it's something like the Pretty Cure EDs (though admittedly, Toei's cel-shaded CG has been getting much better. Suite's is decidedly not-creepy) or those few brief spots in Millhi's performance in Dog Days - or even this show's own source material - the CG can make the characters look too unnatural, effectively knocking the viewer out of immersion.

The dancing in the anime OP looks to be entirely hand-drawn, thus avoiding this conundrum. I'm not opposed to the dancing itself, but how it's presented can make quite a lot of difference.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 19:13   Link #220
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I was mentioning the animation of the dancing. If it's something like the Pretty Cure EDs (though admittedly, Toei's cel-shaded CG has been getting much better. Suite's is decidedly not-creepy) or those few brief spots in Millhi's performance in Dog Days - or even this show's own source material - the CG can make the characters look too unnatural, effectively knocking the viewer out of immersion.

The dancing in the anime OP looks to be entirely hand-drawn, thus avoiding this conundrum. I'm not opposed to the dancing itself, but how it's presented can make quite a lot of difference.
I was not exactly thinking about you. But I do remember dancing in OP or ED getting people throwing a hissy fit like they gonna bring the apocalypse.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s